• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shooter games

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What do you think about shooters? Do you enjoy playing them? Which was the last shooter video game have you ever played? Personally, I love them... well, most of them, anyway. XD Call of Duty would have to be my most favorite. Been introduced to the franchise when I was about fifteen, and fell in love with it instantly. Was pretty terrible at it at first, but developed more skills eventually and got better. Aside from CoD, I also like Battlefield. It's been a while since I last played it, though.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • My favorite shooters are most likely Left 4 Dead 2 & Team Fortress 2. CoD is just a no for me. And Battlefield 3 was really good but Battlefield 4 have so much glitches in them it's just not enjoyable as the 3rd one.

Years
  • I used to hate shooters because I felt they were dominating the game market; I had a preference for RPGs at the time. But I've accepted the fact that they have become mainstream games and I'm slowly migrating. I have a couple CoD games, Killzone and Resistance all of which are decent. Still prefer RPGs with a good story over them though. The only time I really enjoy playing shooters is with friends at parties.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of the Call of Duty franchise or any shooter that offers up vanilla mechanics. What I mean by that is the AI is stupid as dirt on normal and broken as hell on hard or higher. Linear progression in the stories, if there is story. Bad aiming mechanics/ballistics. Unrealistic bullet penetration. Automatic health regeneration if you just hide long enough.

I enjoy the Battlefield series to a degree, despite it offering up hat annoying health regen. It has a lot more options outside the normal shooter formula to make it enjoyable. Plus some of the crazy stuff you can do in it is great.

I personally prefer simulation/military shooters. The more realistic it is, the better for me. I hate that you can run around like a jack ass and absorb bullets, hide, regen, then come out again and hose me down despite taking half a clip just seconds before.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I've always had trouble enjoying FPS games in general, especially when it's on a console. I don't know if it's just me, but it's impossible to aim on those things!

I don't mind some games, like Far Cry 2 and UT.

TY

I like shooters, but i hate the entire community around it. Especially with the popular games like CoD and Battlefield. Those are so bad i actually just stopped playing those shooters. The only shooters i play now are the Far Cry series, Borderlands and C&C Renegade, the latter being the most fun atm but its pretty much dead ;-;

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I like some FPS games like, Farcry 3, Battlefield, Counter Strike, Crysis, and Borderlands. Seems like the only shooter games that I will play are those unless something better comes in. Played CoD but never really liked it. :3

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I've always been a hardcore fan of Halo and have played every game in the series. I use to be big on Call of Duty, so much so, that I bought every game between CoD 4 to Ghosts. Anyway, I started looking into Battlefield. Starting with some 1942 gameplay. Then I saw so much that I had to try it. I have pretty much shelved every Call of Duty game in my in arsenal and focus only on Battlefield 3. In my humble opinion. BF over CoD for days. So more fun.

Suffice it to say, with this extensive library under my belt, it should be obvious that shooters, among many other genres, are my favorite.

But as Shadow has rightly said, the communities for most, if not all, shooters are garbage.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Halo is awesome in the console space. The games were ingeniously designed to be simplistic and easy to pick up and play due to the limits of the controllers but thanks to solid design choices the games were really one of the best and most fun FPS there is.

Until Halo Reach that is. Which retained the simplicity of Halo for the most part, with added layers that really bogged the experience down...and then there's Halo 4.

I also don't get the hate for FPS. Yeah there's an abundance of them, but why is that a reason to hate the genre itself? It's solid fun, even if I'm not a fan of it. Seems like some sort of trend to hate it, which is pretty irritating.

T!M

Years
  • Halo is awesome in the console space. The games were ingeniously designed to be simplistic and easy to pick up and play due to the limits of the controllers but thanks to solid design choices the games were really one of the best and most fun FP is.

Until Halo Reach that is. Which retained the simplicity of Halo for the most part, with added layers that really bogged the experience down...and then there's Halo 4.

I'll agree that Halo 4 was garbage but Reach was far from it. It seems that the addition of something new in a series on top of its old mechanics make you dislike the game. Which is sad.
    Embrace change instead of hoping for the same dreck over and over again.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Dunno where you got that from. I'm not faulting Reach for adding something new (not like the core gameplay itself is changed anyway), I'm faulting it for adding unnecessary complexity, especially for a series that pretty much has simplicity as a base. That, and armor abilities just breaks the game design. Now don't get me started on the map design as well.

T!M

Years
  • Dunno where you got that from. I'm not faulting Reach for adding something new (not like the core gameplay itself is changed anyway), I'm faulting it for adding unnecessary complexity, especially for a series that pretty much has simplicity as a base. That, and armor abilities just breaks the game design. Now don't get me started on the map design as well.

I'll agree map design was bad. But the game is as simple as Halo 3. AAs were added and Equipment was eliminated.. The only AA that caused the game trouble was Armor Lock and Active Camo everything else was fine.

Back