• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
JP focused RP with a bunch of people I like to RP with....you drive a hard bargain. Consider me interested. Even if I am not a huge fan of Froakie. :P

Years
Ooh, I'd like to join this, since there's a spot open c: Also, I hope that my roleplaying sample is alright ^^"

Name: Raven Darkheart

Starter: Froakie with Scald (Nicknamed Sinatra)

Appearance: Raven has a sharp face structure, and has a fairly average build, standing at 5'3" and weighing in at about 130 lbs. She has long, jet black hair that comes down to just below her shoulders, which she usually wears down, and her eyes are an icy blue.

Raven's outfit consists of a solid black tee-shirt, a pair of black sweatpants, which also happen to have pockets, as well as a pair of white sneakers with black soles and white shoe laces. She also carried around a black shoulder bag with white 'trim' and straps.

Family: Raven lives with her mother, who works at the Pokemart, living in a house not too far from there. Raven is an only child, seeing as she has no brothers or sisters, and has lived with only her mother for as long as she can remember. Her parents divorced when she was still a baby.

Goals and interests: In her free time, Raven likes to sit down outside with a good book, most of the time reading something that has to do with legends, or jut about anything that is fictional. As a trainer, she aspires to become the very best that she can be, though she wouldn't dare try to push herself too far beyond her limits. She also hopes to see at least one of the Legendary Pokemon that she's read about.

Rival: Sadly, Raven doesn't really have a rival.

Strengths: Raven's really logical, and likes to think things through. She's also a loyal friend, and will do just about anything for those that she considers to be her friends.

Weaknesses: Raven has a huge fear of bug-type Pokemon, and will scream almost instantly when she sees one. She's also hard to get to know, as she's very shy around people that she's just met. Raven also has a short fuse, and is rather easy to anger.

Roleplay sample:
Spoiler:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'm sorry to hear about Tixen, but yay, we're getting a new person! Can't wait to see who'll get the spot :3 Maybe Raikiri's possible, mystery person, or Lipey's bookwormy, black-haired girl!

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I did notice a lack of attitude in this RP so I may do my thing is journey RPs and play the "bad boy." Though quick question: what is the ratio of guys to girls in this one? I could try out a tamer version of one of my tough female characters if needed.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
There's two girls and three boys so far. Personally wouldn't mind four boys and two girls. Honestly feel like a story works better with more guys than girls, but it might just be me.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
So I guess take your pick, Red. Here goes nothing:

Name: Vincent Baker
Starter: Froakie (sigh) w/ Aerial Ace

Appearance: Ignore the fire, but yeah. This captures what I am envisioning. Oh and he carries a skateboard with him.
Spoiler:

Family: Ha! Family! That's a good joke. Vincent likes to pretend he doesn't have one, having so many falling outs with them. When he did have a home, it was all the way back in Goldenrod City, where he lived in the slums and ran with the wrong crew for far too long. His father was always gone "on business trips" but he usually came back with little to no money. His mother had to slave away in the department store making less than minimum wage, leaving Vincent with his little brother and sister. This forced Vincent to grow up fast and he has risen to the occasion for the most part. However, as he grew older, he became more and more spiteful towards the whole idea of babysitting and nothing doing what he wanted to do, eventually running off on his own, leaving his family in the dust. This caused him to run with local gangs and got in all sorts of trouble before bouncing from Goldenrod completely and wandering Johto aimlessly. And now he's here. A loner.

Goals and interests: They are two sides to Vincent's goals: What he wants you to think and what he actually wants to do. He wants people to think that he has no goals, being the living personification of simply living. No purpose, completely guided by his whims and nothing more. And truthfully, that is partially true. Vincent's immediate goals are completely guided by his impulses and desire for adventure and freedom. No parents. No responsibilities. No nothing to get in his way. However, being completely honest: Vincent wants to make something of himself. In particular, he wants to be something for his baby brother and sister to look up to. Because, really, his parents aren't exactly role models. Even if they are "trying" to be parents, Vincent believes they need someone otherworldly to really motivate them to work hard. This makes his whole journey motivated by selfless desires. But he would never admit that outright.

This being said, Vincent isn't much of one either. As eluded to it earlier, Vincent is an admirer of adventure. However, Vincent's version of adventure often involves pushing the limits, particularly of the law as he does anything for a good thrill. Messing with local law enforcement, pulling pranks, skateboarding in illegal places and street art are just a few examples of what Vincent does to get the blood flowing. When he isn't breaking the law for kicks, Vincent enjoys being in nature, finding a recent love in the environment, loving the idea of the sky, mountains and the stars. Occasional naps are enjoyable, as is doodling in his little art book that he carries around in his bag of stuff. In his quietest moments, Vincent loves to create art and stories, something he always did for his siblings before he put them to bed. It's an old habit.

Rival: Does law enforcement count as a rival? Because hohoho…Vincent has got a number of police officers who do not like him.

Truthfully, Vincent has a lot of enemies. His biggest enemy would be Nicolas. Nicolas used to run with Vincent for a while until he snitched on him with the cops to get out of a handful of vandalism charges. Since then, Nic (as he prefers to be called) has been trying to get back at Vincent with no success. All because Vincent knows how to stay a few steps ahead of the competition.

Strengths: Vincent's greatest strength is his resourcefulness. Having been forced to grow up a bit earlier than everyone else around his age, he has become independent and self sufficient. This has made him very adaptable, and he quickly adjusts to new situations. He can think on his feet quite well, having years of experience having to do to outrun any number of situations. His constant successes have given him an air of confidence, and he is more than willing to leap into situations firmly believing he will walk away gaining any sort of victory that he was aiming for. Vincent is very dedicated to whatever whims or goals he develops, and will fight the good fight to accomplish whatever he wants. He can think outside the box and is literally willing to do whatever he needs to do to seize his dreams. He's an opportunist, valiantly fighting for his beliefs…and that may be the best way to describe him.

Weaknesses: Vincent isn't very likable. He's self-reliance comes from his lack of trust in people and aside from a select few, he vehemently refuses to open up to anyone, preferring to keep them at a distance with insults and taunts. His distrust of people tends to be quite crippling, and he is very slow to make friends. In fact, his morality towards people is so bad that he has tendency to betray people flat out. His self confidence has also been inflated by his frequent successes to the point of blind arrogance. He refuses to admit his faults, ever. In fact, his arrogance blinds him to any failures, being senselessly reckless. He is more likely to dive head first into a problem rather than think it out, being the definition of careless. Crusading for his dreams has made him stubborn and willing to fight dirty in order to snatch the successes he is so enamored with. He's cold steel, never willing to break…and that may be the best way to describe him.

Roleplay sample: You already know how I RP. But I'll throw down some links from One Piece: The Golden Age. It's all JPs haha. Here's one with good old Alby. WHO HAPPENS TO BE IN THIS RP.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Raikiri did post his interest first now and has a good SU, so even though I generally prefer an equal number of male and female characters in a RP, I don't want that to affect my choice here. Welcome to the RP, Chris! You know what, you can choose between Squirtle, Mudkip, Piplup or Oshawott if you really don't want Froakie.

You'll start in Violet City, Chapter 3, I'd suggest. Do a JP with someone or go about one of the events alone to get a feel for your character and whatnot. You won't get any rewards from earlier chapters, but you may have captured a pokémon or two if you want. You'll find the available wild pokémon in the IC thread. Let me know if you want some, I shall not assign your starter levels until then.

As for Lipey, I'll keep you in mind in case someone else pops away (which I sort of hope doesn't happen of course because no GM wants that, haha). I just want to keep the number of RPers low in Crossroads to not clog the events. Thanks a bunch for the interest though! :3

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Thank you~ I was thinking you wanted a girl, but Bastian responded first :P

Anyway, I'll stick with the Froakie as tempting as getting a Squirtle is. As for other Pokemon, he'll have caught a Bird Jesus Pidgey if that's okay.

And I guess it will have been nice to have him have equal levels to reflect that. So I am not tooooooooo far behind :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Updated the first IC post with your details now, Rairaiiii. Hope it's fine. It's for pre-Violet; after you're done with the school you'll get more levels. Probably 8)

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Thank you~ will make the next post much easier to write. I was hoping for Froakie to be level 10 but I'll take it lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My pokémon aren't lv 10 yet either, spheal with it! You won't get stuff for free when you're skipping chapters, sir 8)

All these cows are blocking the view. Cowries.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
But you has 3 pokemon..... ;(

I understand that I am coming in late, but I just feel a tad weak compared to everyone else xD (Which basically means I don't think Vincent will ever catch up and that's no fun)

Then again, this is Vincent and knowing him he will just work extra hard and leave y'all in the dust. xP

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Christina has one lv 10 and one lv 7. Melody's three pokémon were lv 9 and 8 just like mine. Nathan and Blaine battled a bit more so they have one lv 10 each without leaving another at lower levels. I don't think two at lv 9 and 8 is "weak", and you can probably easily catch up as much as you want in the academy now :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I'd like to point out that Chris doesn't use her level 7 either, she's stuffed the icky spider in the PC :P I don't think we should worry too much about being weak or strong. Red'll make sure not to let us fall too far behind.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is probably where I should try not to call Raikiri Chris, to avoid confusion 8)

If it makes you happier, I can let Froakie start at lv 10 (with Lick) and Pidgey at 8. It's not like it's super important anyways :p

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
I'll just play catch up somehow. I got this.

I guess I am making a big deal out of nothing. My bad guys D;

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh my god, I'm sorry about the massive post XD I didn't want to split it up, since I was worried it'd take away from the lesson being learned! I apologzie. I promise I won't ever make such a long solo post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Have I ever condemned long posts? Anyways, now we've got Raikiri with us, so long posts will probably become standard 8)
<3

I might not post until my exams are over, on Tuesday or something. Sorry about that. Let me know when you guys finish events or want to move on from Violet though! I have more chapters ready.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Christian is writing up a post and then we're doing a JP. After that, I'm most likely ready to continue! :3

Back