• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Crossroads ; A Johto Story (OOC/SU) old thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tixen is back, it seems? :3

Guys, I just want to say that even though the IC thread seems a bit dead, it really isn't and I'm loving the JP style we got going in the pads. I imagine Greiger might feel a bit alone in this RP now, so I'll post the Violet Chapter as soon as I can in case he (and the rest of you!) want to plan ahead a bit. Bastian, Cooper and I have soon finished up Route 31.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, you don't have to. The main plot of this RP will be centered around TR and professor Pine's request for you to raise the shiny pokémon. Gym challenge is a side quest, dictating the way most young trainers go around the region, since the path depends on the order in which most trainers challenge the gyms. Which, of course, depends on the ranking of the gym leaders. Falkner is ranked the lowest at this time, which is why most trainers choose to face him first. Them they go on to Bugsy, then to the third lowest ranked leader and so on. I might tweak the ranking a bit from that in the games, to alter the path through Johto. We'll see. But yeah, you don't have to face Falkner, actually.

RSC Cooper Inc

Disciple of Jesus Christ
    Years
  • Sweet, because I don't think Nate would really have a reason to face the gyms. His goal is really to just do his own thing.

Side note: Have you considered using the Pokemon Origins model for gym leader difficulties?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Same here RSC, but anyways I'll be doing event 2 solo.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How do they do in Pokémon Origins? I was mostly thinking they'd assess each gym leader's strength and capability each year or so (each season, so to speak) and determine the recommended route for new trainers based on that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah but then you could travel any route through Johto :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Indeed. But I suppose if you go against a gym leader later on then they might reduce the number of pokemon they battle you with.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Don't get me wrong, I love Origins' take on it! Usually I might have gone with that. But in this incarnation of pokemon, I'd like to think that gym leaders aren't chosen in very official ways - johto is such a traditional and spiritual region in a way, so gyms can be inherited, gifted, taken by force etc... I'd say there are more than 8 gyms lurking about less well known (anime) towns but you only need 8 to be qualified for... What comes next.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    I'm almost finished with the event. I split it up to avoid a page long wall of text. Expect the final part either tonight or tomorrow. :3

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Getting my post up today (hopefully) so be on the lookout for that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm having trouble deciding on which event I want to do in Violet.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I'm definitely going for event 1, if that's the Quick Claw one. (Was it the quick claw? I only remember the 'mon being really fast and monk meditating) But I dunno if I wanna do it solo or with someone else. Could be fun to JP it up :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think I'll go for event 2 (the school).

Also Ab and Cooper can buy a tent, yaay. Don't worry, your li'l special thing about dem crystal parts will come eventually...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    My post is finished as is Melody's run in Chapter 2! I hope my choice of Pokemon and egg move is okay, if not I can always change it. I am ready to have my EXP reward. :3

Also, I shall be undergoing Event 2 for Chapter 3. It's time for Melody to go to school. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finally finished JPing with Bastian! But not for the last time 8)

I'll hop onto the school event methinks, Event 2 in chapter 3. Probably posting alone for a change. We'll likely be posting 2 people per event in Chapter 4 anyways, unless I remember my planning wrongly.

Also, Tixen had to drop out so I guess I'll open up another spot, with Froakie, and advertise it in the RPD. Because it shouldn't be too difficult to jump in at Violet, or what do you guys think?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Great, I did that now 8) Let's see if anyone dares to join us. *grinds hands together creepily*

Back