• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What Footage Would You Like To See This Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years

So this weekend we're going to be getting footage of the new Hoenn 3D games!

What things do you hope they show in said footage? What things do you think they'll show?

Taiji Dragon

I would want to see samples of how Hoenn will look like in 3D. I would also liked if they showed the reason behind Kyogre's and Groudon's forme change. Wether is a mega or a forme. The names of the transformarion and how to trigger it. Probably the last will be explained as the date gets closer. I would just want to see how parts of Hoenn look like. Oh and if there are going to be new megas! That too!

Years
    I think what wouldnt we like to see is a more appropriate question!!
    But megas is a good one, and just a taste of 3D Hoenn. Or Kyogre/Groudon in their respective chamber in 3D :D

Years
    I just want to see a couple of battles to see how the battle system is & I wanna see 1 city or town! I don't want them to show too much! :)

Years
    Definitely show us beautiful Hoenn in all its 3D glory! I would like to see what the playable characters will look like, at least in their basic form (here is hoping to a continuation of the customization mechanism). I would also like to see whether the starter Pokemon will receive mega evolutions. I also want to see whether Game Freak changes any battle move animations as well as if Game Freak introduces any new moves.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    On the one hand, I don't want them to show everything at once, but on the other hand I want to see a fair amount. Just so there is a little bit more we can go off of when speculating what the games will have in store.

I'd like to see the starters, and if they all received Megas I would like to see them, too. A, "Remember how Blaziken got a Mega Evolution in XY? Welllllll..." kind of deal.

If they are basing the new protagonist designs off of Brendan and May (which I think they will, but time will tell) then I don't see any reason for them to keep them hidden from us. Wally's redesign might come a bit later, but the protagonists I can see being revealed right off the bat.

Maybe no Gym Leaders...yet. But since it's gameplay footage, and we already know what battles look like thanks to XY, I'd like to see a town or two, and a route featured. Of course some battles will be welcomed, but I'd like a little more focus to be given on showing the actual locations. Hopefully that happens.

I want to know what's up with the Kyogre and Groudon on the boxart. I don't want them to take the "Mysterious Mewtwo -> Mewtwo Awakened -> Mega Mewtwo -> Mega Mewtwo Y" approach like last time. Just tell it to us straight, so we know exactly what they're supposed to be.

I don't want to get my hopes up, since I have no idea how long this footage is going to be. What we originally got for XY was some battles, the starters, the legendaries, and a little bit of location...but those were all-new games with nothing for the basis--they had more to keep hidden. Since RSE already exists, there's no reason to hide the things we already know about. Unless they're going to do something crazy-new with the mechanics, I can't imagine them focusing on anything else during this presentation.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Mega Sceptile and mega Swampert, along with some footage of parts of the region in 3D

Years
    Really I just want to see the new Hoenn look. Everything else I don't mind waiting till November for myself. Hoenn in 3D is the thing I need to see.

On a side note from 3D Hoenn didn't Red get a new look for the remakes? I'd be all for Brenden getting one. Maybe make it so you can tell that his hat is not his hair.

Seriously I just found that out a little over a year ago.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    Really I just want to see the new Hoenn look. Everything else I don't mind waiting till November for myself. Hoenn in 3D is the thing I need to see.

On a side note from 3D Hoenn didn't Red get a new look for the remakes? I'd be all for Brenden getting one. Maybe make it so you can tell that his hat is not his hair.

Seriously I just found that out a little over a year ago.

Wait.. He has a hat??

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Judging from past experiences, we're probably going to get three or four half-second conjoined and completely unrelated clips that show absolutely nothing besides just a few glimpses of the graphics engine. :p

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I hope not :c I think I can speak for most of us when I say that WE NEED TO SEE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO GO OFF OF.

I hope it's not just a 3 second clip and then a bunch of text saying the obvious "ALL IN BRAND NEW 3D!" "AMAZING NEW ADVENTURES!" I hate that stuff. It's like, duh. You don't need to tell us that >_>

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I hope not :c I think I can speak for most of us when I say that WE NEED TO SEE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO GO OFF OF.

I hope it's not just a 3 second clip and then a bunch of text saying the obvious "ALL IN BRAND NEW 3D!" "AMAZING NEW ADVENTURES!" I hate that stuff. It's like, duh. You don't need to tell us that >_>

It's still early, though; wouldn't make much sense to release a substantial amount of footage this many months before the game's actual release.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Judging from past experiences, we're probably going to get three or four half-second conjoined and completely unrelated clips that show absolutely nothing besides just a few glimpses of the graphics engine. :p
    This ^. But you know what? I'm pretty okay with that. What I want between now and November is a slow burner of releases from Nintendo. I'd rather not see every piece of development in the first few months, like they usually do. I felt that with X&Y, everything that was visually interesting about it was blown in the first few trailers, and there was little else to explore. I'd like to see a little of what the game looks like, and some emphasis on new mechanics that are coming. We already know what Hoenn looks like, so most of the excitement is going to be seeing our favourite areas revamped and rethought in a new engine. If that's all spoiled in some unavoidable trailers; I'll be let down.

Though yeah, I expect we'll see a glimpse of the graphical style, and that's all I'd like to see for now. Especially when speculating is so much more fun!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years

That's the thing, GF doesn't like to give everything away immediately. It's probably going to be a walk around in Littleroot like they did with HGSS or something.

They aren't going to spoil anything. Trust me.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm not expecting a huge trailer.

I'd like to see some Hoenn locations in 3D. Maybe some battle footage of Groudon and Kyogre mega evolving if that's what their covers are about.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I'd like to see some battle scenes, hero sprites, and a sneak peek of how Hoenn looks in 3D!

Years
    I definitely want to see some overworld footage, with the character walking around the map. I'm curious to see what Hoenn looks like in 3D graphics and maybe even a glimpse of what Pokemon are going to be in the game. And if they're sticking with Brendan/May sprites, (though I have a feeling that they'll stick to customizable characters like in x and y) it'd be nice to see how that looks in 3D as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back