• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone ever heard of Another?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I watched a "horror" suspense/mystery anime a while back called Another and was wondering if anyone else had ever watched it, and if so do you know any other anime like it? And if so could you tell me, because i really enjoyed Another and would like to find something similar to it to watch.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think there is bigger number of people that know or heard of Another than number of people who haven't heard of it =D
With Shiki and Higurashi, it belongs to my TOP 3 horror anime.
Could have been a bit longer, though...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Horror's not my favorite genre when it comes to anime. It is a favorite when manga or novels come to play.

I've only watched up 'til episode 3. Blood... isn't my strong suit, and after the end of episode 3, I didn't even dare continue.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I've only watched up 'til episode 3. Blood... isn't my strong suit, and after the end of episode 3, I didn't even dare continue.
ahh you should've kept going, even though it bloody its got a good storyline, and if you've got any good manga recommendations I'd love to hear them.

I think there is bigger number of people that know or heard of Another than number of people who haven't heard of it =D
With Shiki and Higurashi, it belongs to my TOP 3 horror anime.
Could have been a bit longer, though...
lol, Yay! And I agree, it could've been longer, but it was still good either way. Also, is Shiki and Higuarshi the names of the anime, and is so could you PM me a summary of what they're about?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I've seen a few episodes of Another. As for other horror and blood-happy anime, I can think of:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Ghoul (currently airing)
Elfen Lied
Hellsing Ultimate
Mirai Nikki

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I've seen a few episodes of Another. As for other horror and blood-happy anime, I can think of:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Tokyo Ghoul (currently airing)
Elfen Lied
Hellsing Ultimate
Mirai Nikki

Ok thanks for the info! and if i may ask, what did you think of Another?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I thought it was alright. Not really into that whole excessive gore thing, so that's probably why. Although I guess the premise was... interesting, if not extremely strange. That stuff creeps me out lol. I also vow to never go near an umbrella ever again.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Well there is a lot of gore, but its necessary for the plot, and what do you mean by doppelganger from LCE?

Darn autocorrect, I typed LCOD.

Search "mei rikka" on Google.

This also probably explains it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I thought it was alright. Not really into that whole excessive gore thing, so that's probably why. Although I guess the premise was... interesting, if not extremely strange. That stuff creeps me out lol. I also vow to never go near an umbrella ever again.

Lol I agree on the umbrella, and that creepy feel is what drug me in actually.
Darn autocorrect, I typed LCOD.

Search "mei rikka" on Google.

This also probably explains it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ahh so that's what you meant, it's actually the same mistake I made at first lol

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I remember watching it a while back, and I loved it! I got a few of my friends to watch it back then as well, and they told me they stopped after the few couple of eps. I'm guessing the umbrella threw them off...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I haven't watched it yet, but I've seen all the death scenes already.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I remember watching it a while back, and I loved it! I got a few of my friends to watch it back then as well, and they told me they stopped after the few couple of eps. I'm guessing the umbrella threw them off...

Lol I had the same problem with my friends

I haven't watched it yet, but I've seen all the death scenes already.

Why'd you do that??? You should still give the series a shot, the storylines pretty good

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I remember reading the manga a while back. The anime ending was a bit more detailed tho.

I've been meaning to start the manga but haven't gotten around to it yet, and just out of curiosity, is you signature based off of the Fire Emblem game series?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Lol I had the same problem with my friends

Why'd you do that??? You should still give the series a shot, the storylines pretty good

I've seen it because my friend showed it to me. I am pretty lazy to start a new anime... No time at all dude, school's taking up all my free time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2015
I've seen it because my friend showed it to me. I am pretty lazy to start a new anime... No time at all dude, school's taking up all my free time.

Ouch man, it sucks when that happens

Back