• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC's Speed Breeding Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Wait what are we supposed to be breeding?
Nevermind, I'll stay tuned for the challenge tomorrow! ^^

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
Years
My timezone is also GMT+8. I am trying to fix my body clock (I am already starting to sleep in the morning here @_@) so I really won't be able to stay up at the early hours.
I won't be backing out though. Doing today's challenge now!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, finally took a picture of the Pokémon bred two or three hours ago.

It turned out huge. Spoilered it.

Spoiler:

Ball images don't translate very well this way, but yes, that's a Dive Ball.

Peter Quill

Years
Finally finished after an hour! I had no Flabebe and Skitty so I had to catch both of them.
I still had to grind Skitty in the Pokemon League afterwards. (My Greninja sweeped the E4 yay xD)
I just had to hatch two eggs to get this so this run was good. I had fun o/
(I know the IVs doesn't matter but Kiloude rated it outstanding, which was nice >w<)
Spoiler:

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
Years
I hadn't considered Rare Candies, my bad. From this point on, rare candies won't be allowed. MIAU was still the first one to post and her entry is valid since I hadn't stated anything against them.

But how do you tell between a candied-trained and a I-already-have-one? Trust?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
If only I could find my Pokemon X. Ugh, hopefully I'll find tomorrow and I can breed this. I don't even care if I'm not the first one....

Peter Quill

Years
Finally >w<. This took longer than expected @_@. (2-3 hrs)
Encountering Ekans in a horde is hard enough, but finding which one has the Hidden Ability is even worse. Also, the occasional rain will stop you from using Sweet Scent xD.

I brought it straight to the E4 to level it up for it to evolve.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Whoa, I'm in a dofferent game!

And sadly, I do not have an Arbok Safari! (If it even exists.) And yes, I know it appears in a horde...

However, you CAN breed these, if you end up with a male HA. Just get any Luxury Ball female. Breed for the ability on a random Egg. Heypresto.

EDIT: I have decided to now level up a random Lv.20 Audino from my PC (may use a Lv.30 FS) and make it watch its species get beat up for experience. I am so mean. :)

Last edited:
Years
Gah, wish I'd noticed this sooner. Not that it would've helped, since tracking down an Arbok horde is proving to be a pain but it's more fun that way. Oh well.

Peter Quill

Years
Whoa, I'm in a dofferent game!

And sadly, I do not have an Arbok Safari! (If it even exists.) And yes, I know it appears in a horde...

However, you CAN breed these, if you end up with a male HA. Just get any Luxury Ball female. Breed for the ability on a random Egg. Heypresto.

I don't have an Arbok Safari xD. I had a Cute Charm Sylveon in my party (to make sure I found a female most of the time) and Venusaur with Worry Seed to sort out the abilities. My only problem is finding Ekans. Which was the most annoying part.

Also, 1) I think males can only pass HAs when bred with a Ditto, and 2) the female species will always determine which species the egg would be.

Well, my other intention in doing this is to expand my breeding stock, so I guess I am hitting two birds with one stone.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Also, 1) I think males can only pass HAs when bred with a Ditto, and 2) the female species will always determine which species the egg would be.
Well, point 2 is common knowledge. But point 1...I should try an Anticipation male Eevee with a female Run Away or Adaptability. Though I have more males than females for sure.

EDIT: Well, THAT was fun.

Spoiler:

I know it's an Ekans, not an Arbok. But my Audino had a hard enough time tagging all of them with Entrainment without going to Route 19 for the immediate evolution's horde.

If this is not considered a victory, I'll train it with a few Safari battles in the morning. I mean, six or seven Audino/Chansey battles or less should do the job to Lv.22. It's 3:15 AM, I have to sleep. LOL

Last edited:

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
Years
I've been breeding Flabebes left and right cursing and screaming at the damn gender ratios until I saw the page. 100% Female #Notevengoingtocry.

I even got a dive ball one already! How to... Oh, breed a Skitty with a dive ball flabebe (Facepalm)

Spoiler:

..., can you see the picture? I cant...

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've been breeding Flabebes left and right cursing and screaming at the damn gender ratios until I saw the page. 100% Female #Notevengoingtocry.

I even got a dive ball one already! How to... Oh, breed a Skitty with a dive ball flabebe (Facepalm)
You have seen the light. :)

EDIT: I've helped with the picture above. You were linking the Web page URL, not the image's location. This is Sushimmi's entry.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Round 2!

694.png

Pokémon: Helioptile
Ability: Dry Skin
Nature: Naive
Poké Ball: Dusk Ball
Egg moves: Agility, Glare​

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Phew, just got home!

Are we allowed to catch parents from the Friend Safari?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm struggling to get a female with the nature. So far, two three four males, and the Helioptile isn't putting out very much.

If I can just get a female, I got this.

EDIT: This is getting pricey.

EDIT: Got the female. Easy now.

EDIT: Got all my Eggs for inter-breeding. Now just need two more steps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back