• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen More Ice Types?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Post Champion maybe. I don't think they'll add more than Froslass pre- champion if they add her.
Eh, if we're lucky we'll get the Friend Safaris added to these games and/or a mini region that could add more Ice Pokemon.
Although they should totally make Delibird show up on Christmas in Shoal Cave. If nothing else.

I wonder if there will be diamond dust in this game? :o

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Tough call. I would imagine they're going to be a lot of new pokemon in the safari zone, pokemon from 4, 5, and 6. I'm sure there's going to be at least a few ice types in that list.

My even be some new pokemon finding their way into the wilderness.

Years
Though it'd be cool to have more Ice types before beating the Pokemon League, I have a feeling the only way it'll happen is if Froslass is added (which it presumably will since HGSS added Gen. IV evos. to the Johto Dex) and/or if one or two Pokemon in the Hoenn Dex receive a Mega that is part Ice. Otherwise, I can't imagine GF adding in more Ice types until post-game.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hoenn's Pokedex, just like Kantos and Johtos has a very high chance of seeing very few changes to its line up. Unless you cannot stop the evolution like Yanma's and Piloswines in HG/SS I doubt we'll see any excess evolutions in the game. Remakes tend to stay as close to the originals as possible so we are only going to get what we've already played with graphic updates and slight story tweeks.

The Hoenn Pokedex doesn't have any forced evolutions that I remembered seeing. All the add ons are optional and at least one may not even be possible without trading to X and Y. So those that used items, item + trade to get may not be available to evolve until post game. So far the only Hoenn Pokemon that may have an evolutionary item introduced from later in the series and have an effect on it is Feebas, unless Feebas isn't catch-able until Post game or if they don't readd Contests.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
It seems very unlikely. But if they have to have it, then Shoal Cave could be expanded to an Ice Wonderland. Add more Pokemon than Spheals and Snorunts.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would love to see a special Delibird show up in winter after the Elite 4.

Anyways, back on topic.

For the most part, the Hoenn Dex will probably stay the same. They might add new areas to see more pokemon. My guess there will be some type of new area similar to islands or Sinnoh's north island. I forget what is is called. But I don't see much changing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It seems very unlikely. But if they have to have it, then Shoal Cave could be expanded to an Ice Wonderland. Add more Pokemon than Spheals and Snorunts.
They could add in extra floors to explore post E4, so it will be worth returning to after capturing Snorunt at low tide (which is only available in the lowest floor in RSE irc). They could add in an Ice rock for Glaceon too in one of those floors. I sure hope ORAS doesn't have the curse of the remakes when it comes to lacking the eeveelutions introduced in the generation(s) after it. While FRLG and HGSS each lacked 2 (the Johto for the Kanto remakes, and the Sinnoh ones for the Johto remakes) ORAS will end up lacking 3 (the Sinnoh duo and the single Kalos eeveelution). I hope that we can at least evolve the Sinnoh ones, leaving only Sylveon to evolve in Kalos only (I'll prefer all three but if I had to choose.)

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
I would love new Ice-type Pokemon. They need some more love, and we need some more weapons against Drake, haha.
But we will have more weapons against Drake... they are called the FAIRY-type!
We'll crush him with the adorable might of the likes of Gardevoir & Wigglytuff!
BWA HA HA HA!!!

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

I'd like to see more ice-types too... I just would like to see MORE pokemon period!

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I hope to see more ice type Pokemon in the remakes, but I doubt that will happen. There were only six new ice typed Pokemon introduced in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire so if the games are remakes then there will be a lack of ice types. :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If they're including seasons into these games, which they might, then it's possible; during winter, we could see more ice Pokémon roaming around. I wouldn't expect there to be any snow, though, considering that Hoenn is a tropical region as stated in OP, but climate would still be cold, which would be suitable for some ice-types. Aside from that, I don't exactly see much else, sadly. Well, if they're giving us access to more locations post-game, then maybe this could be their chance of giving us more access to ice-type Pokémon. If they don't capitalize, then I personally wouldn't be too upset; I'd be able to transfer them from X and Y, anyway, as well as other games, so honestly, there's no point in being bothered about it.

Years
I'm hoping they add an island with a snowy mountain as it's one of the few biomes missing from Hoenn. It can be a really tall mountain too so it won't be strange to see ice types at the peak as even very tall mountains in the tropics don't have peaks which can be called 'tropical' by the time you reach them.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I'm hoping they add an island with a snowy mountain as it's one of the few biomes missing from Hoenn. It can be a really tall mountain too so it won't be strange to see ice types at the peak as even very tall mountains in the tropics don't have peaks which can be called 'tropical' by the time you reach them.
It'd be a good place to put the Ice Rock and have diamond dust. I think Kanto and Hoenn are the only regions that don't have diamond dust at this point.
Oh! What if Mirage Island were retooled to be a snowy mountain? It'd certainly make it a more memorable place.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
But we will have more weapons against Drake... they are called the FAIRY-type!
We'll crush him with the adorable might of the likes of Gardevoir & Wigglytuff!
BWA HA HA HA!!!

Meanwhile, back at the farm...

I'd like to see more ice-types too... I just would like to see MORE pokemon period!

The more the better ;) Well, I would never have a team of just Drake-killers, but it would be nice to have more Ice-type options, though this is just a personal opinion really.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Tbh, I hated how the Ice types were so rare tbh D: I really hope they do have more Ice Pokemon in the game. I'm okay if they will be all in Shoal Cave :P

Years
I kind of hope so, as I hope that Glacia has new ice type Pokemon post initial E4. Usually the Pokemon the E4 and champion have are available in one of the pair of games.

Years
With what serebii has said today from the Coro-coro scans, this definitely seems like a plausible option now. No one knows what kind of pokemon we will get now.

Back