• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

OmegaFlare

PhantomStormKnight
Years
  • Lol
    Some hacks won't even let you complete the pokedex ( pokemon missing backsprites and other stuff ) :P ( and personally I have never got to finish the pokedex in ANY hack I have ever played. I just can't seem to be motivated enough to do it , maybe because I have finished the original Ruby pokedex and all the hacks are based on R/S/E/FR/LG :P )
    What I was actually saying was that there is no way to catch a Shaderu without cheating. However if you cheated to get one, there you go , enjoy it ! ( I haven't seen a lot of people here who actually got a Shaderu )
    you don't really need all 50 broken hearts,i got 11 and the berry master gave me the spatial pass to get shaderu.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Hello this just the best hack I have ever played but right now I'm trying to grow leppa berries and it's been a while and nothing sprouts can someone help?

OmegaFlare

PhantomStormKnight
    Years
  • Hello this just the best hack I have ever played but right now I'm trying to grow leppa berries and it's been a while and nothing sprouts can someone help?

maybe your Real Time Clock option is not on,if thats not the problem,maybe leppa takes some more time to grow,you should check bulbapedia,but first,is your real time clock option on? (options - emulator - real time clock)

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2014
    I just wanted to say that this hack is awesome. I never really liked hacks with fakemon in it, only because then I would have to figure out their types and all, but this hack really made them work. I'm currently at the Elite 4. Going through the game so far, I realized it does require a lot of common sense and wisdom, I guess would be the right word, which I didn't always have. It wasn't always straightforward, which I really liked. I did use Youtube for walkthrough's, but without them, I never would've realized how to power the elevator up or unlock the warp panel. The first pokemon game I really got into was Ruby, and I like the fact that you changed things up but kept the general layout the same. I don't know if you're making another hack or if you have already, but I would love if you did, and kept it like Snakewood. I don't know how Snakewood ends yet, but could a sequel be appropriate? I don't know. I really liked this hack and am glad I am able to play it. Thanks!
    PS One quick question: does this hack have a reachable ending to it yet?

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • I just wanted to say that this hack is awesome. I never really liked hacks with fakemon in it, only because then I would have to figure out their types and all, but this hack really made them work. I'm currently at the Elite 4. Going through the game so far, I realized it does require a lot of common sense and wisdom, I guess would be the right word, which I didn't always have. It wasn't always straightforward, which I really liked. I did use Youtube for walkthrough's, but without them, I never would've realized how to power the elevator up or unlock the warp panel. The first pokemon game I really got into was Ruby, and I like the fact that you changed things up but kept the general layout the same. I don't know if you're making another hack or if you have already, but I would love if you did, and kept it like Snakewood. I don't know how Snakewood ends yet, but could a sequel be appropriate? I don't know. I really liked this hack and am glad I am able to play it. Thanks!
    PS One quick question: does this hack have a reachable ending to it yet?

Yeah you can reach the end of the story

InfinaRayquaza

Waiting for OR and AS
    Years
  • Got a bit of a problem. I was going through towards the end of it where you see that band and it say's their going to break up. After that I went through where you get the key and it worked just fine till i got to the question machines. I got all the way once before stupidly talking to the "warp box", but then the last machine wouldn't work when I went to it again, meaning I couldn't continue, so i quit it and restarted from my previous save. Went through to get the key again, but now it won't show up at all. Is this a bug or is something else going on?

Also, is it normal for it to say the save data is corrupt EVERY time I start the game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2014
    Got a bit of a problem. I was going through towards the end of it where you see that band and it say's their going to break up. After that I went through where you get the key and it worked just fine till i got to the question machines. I got all the way once before stupidly talking to the "warp box", but then the last machine wouldn't work when I went to it again, meaning I couldn't continue, so i quit it and restarted from my previous save. Went through to get the key again, but now it won't show up at all. Is this a bug or is something else going on?

I have a similar problem with the quiz machines. I play this hack on my android phone with the My Boy free-emulator and I can't get past the third quiz machine. When I solve the first two machines and try the third one it just says, that I already completed this quiz. The wall is still there and I'm kinda stuck there...

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • Got a bit of a problem. I was going through towards the end of it where you see that band and it say's their going to break up. After that I went through where you get the key and it worked just fine till i got to the question machines. I got all the way once before stupidly talking to the "warp box", but then the last machine wouldn't work when I went to it again, meaning I couldn't continue, so i quit it and restarted from my previous save. Went through to get the key again, but now it won't show up at all. Is this a bug or is something else going on?

Also, is it normal for it to say the save data is corrupt EVERY time I start the game?

First of all it's not normal for the game to say every time that the save file is corrupt. Check your emulator settings and make sure that the save file option os set to : flash 128k.
    As for the other problem the only thing I can tell you is to use the Walk Through Walls code in order to progress.
    I have a similar problem with the quiz machines. I play this hack on my android phone with the My Boy free-emulator and I can't get past the third quiz machine. When I solve the first two machines and try the third one it just says, that I already completed this quiz. The wall is still there and I'm kinda stuck there...

You could use Walk through walls to get past the wall if you got stuck.
    On a side note I have completed this hack twice on an android phone without encountering a bug like that ( I remember having failed on that quiz 2-3 times but everything worked fine ) Maybe it's your emulator that causes the problem , I have read that android emulators tend to screw up with hacks. Also note that I haven't used My Boy , I prefer using Gameboid.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I have lost to senex pure by his second pokémon and now I can't play anything anymore. And I deffinitly will not play it again! All the hours I spent into it training my precious pokemon to this level can not be lost! Could you please make it so that I can rebattle Senex or get Dive another way?

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • This hack is fabulous! I don't usually like games with fakemon, but the Pokémon Snakewood was so well made that it just worked! Kudos for such an amazing ROM hack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    So, I picked the berries on route 114... I was even telling myself all through the early game to not pick the goddamn berries. I thought I was already passed 114, but nope...

Is there a working code for all the badges so I can possibly fly back?
    Walking through walls didn't exactly work either.
    I wanted to try to teleport, but I have no pokes in my party that can learn the tm if I hacked one in, and I can't find a code to hack in an abra to my party.

I was getting so into this hack, I don't have it in me to restart at this moment..

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
    Years
  • So, I picked the berries on route 114... I was even telling myself all through the early game to not pick the goddamn berries. I thought I was already passed 114, but nope...

Is there a working code for all the badges so I can possibly fly back?
    Walking through walls didn't exactly work either.
    I wanted to try to teleport, but I have no pokes in my party that can learn the tm if I hacked one in, and I can't find a code to hack in an abra to my party.

I was getting so into this hack, I don't have it in me to restart at this moment..

Errrr.... I can't figure out where you got stuck or what you did wrong... Also I haven't heard anything about picking the berries in route 114 could cause a problem...
    Could you explain it so that I'll be able to help you ???

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Hey guys, I've got a little problem.
    I need to go to the Victory Road (Obviously, in order to procceed the game) but I'm totally stuck, I can't dive at the dive spot right to Lilycove City, because "this can't be used until a new badge is obtaind".
    I'm hopeless, guys, I really like this ROM hack and I want to complete it.
    Any sort of help will be aprecciated :)
    By the way, English is not my native language (As you might have noticed) so I am sorry for any pronounciation or grammer mistakes.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Errrr.... I can't figure out where you got stuck or what you did wrong... Also I haven't heard anything about picking the berries in route 114 could cause a problem...
    Could you explain it so that I'll be able to help you ???

Bugs

No one likes to admit they're there, but they always are:

• Some tile glitches in various locations around Hoenn
    • Occasionally, having your emulator on super-speed will cause certain scripts to malfunction
    • There is a part of the introduction that says 'And you are?', which appears to be unremovable.
    • Don't pick berries on Route 114. I have no idea why, but apparently it causes the game to freeze.

And here's a ss. Screen is off center now because I tried the walk through walls, got to wherever, saved, and restarted the rom to see if it fixed it. haha
    imgur.com/AUhwyyU

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    I have to say this has been an amazing game. However I'm stuck and could use some help. My friend and I started this game at the same time on the same emulator so we've been helping each other out on what to expect. We both defeated the elite 4 but his did a continuation of the story that mine did not. the professor in his game called him on the pokephone to tell him to go exploring more and from there the zombies blocking the cave which lead to pacifidlog were gone. I received no such call after my victory and the zombies are still blocking the cave entrance. Can you recommend anything that would help? And please put it in layman's terms because this is my first time using an emulator and i'd like to not mess it up by not understanding your directions. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Apparantly I have to make it quite bigger to notice I guess... I have fought Senex with all I had but I lost to his second pokemon (apparantly you had to use steel attacks). He wiped out all my pokemon and I lost. But now I can not do anything so I just went drinking (the drinking games) but I just want to be able to re-battle Senex so I can go on with the game. Please say something when you know what is going on or something. I don't wanna restart because I have trained all the pokemon I have.

Back