• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Exalted Ones [OOC + SU] [M]

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yay! People have posted in the IC, man you guys are quick! Absolutely loving the posts thus far guys, keep up the good work.

Another thing, lets please give everyone a chance to post their first post before we start making second, third, etc. In the first post so many things happen and I don't want to overload someone with them having to include all of these details. Plus, the first post is probably going to be on the long side. Once that's done, posting can definitely become more fluent as the posts will be shorter and more concise.

~

Finishing SUs mean that it's time for judgment .

Skymin - kira yukimura. ANOTHER FEMALE, THANK THE HEAVENS. REJOICE IN HER NAME. Plus, she's an Engineer just like Claire, I think I sense there's going to be some admiration on Claire's parts. I'm loving Ryuko! The prosthetic leg is also a nice touch, it's nice to see some diversity when it comes to ability status. When it comes to her personality she seems like she's going to be a match for these guys and become the leader of the group. Loving the Achievement section, definitely interesting. I do have questions about your personality, I'm not really sure if those statements are hyperboles or something Ryuko would really do. Is she really so aggressive that she would take something and smash someone in the face with it? It seems like you're implying that she's aggressive and arrogant. Or am I reading that wrong? Just double-checking. Overall, I'm going to have to say that you're Accepted! Welcome to the frenzy!

Lt. Col. Fantastic - Whoa, that picture tho... Does this mean Dr. Brandt has competition? Osiris seems like an excellent spy! I wonder how he's going to get along with everyone. I do see that you noted that he has OCD, but you rarely mention how it affects him and having OCD certainly affects people. It would make him being this excellent spy probably a lot harder depending on his obsessions, compulsions, anxiety, etc. Also, there's common misconceptions about OCD, one of those is commonly mistaking it for OCPD. I'm going to link you to some stuff, here, here, and here. Please take the time to read over some of this stuff and then expand on his OCD. Secondly, your RP Sample seems to end abruptly, I feel like it started out really great, like I was going to get to know this character then it just stopped. Could you possibly beef it up a bit? Perhaps more about the target, how Osiris felt about the mission, what he's going to do next, etc. Also, for his Achievement... It seems a little too successful. He has taken out a lot of high-ranking military commanders, right? Then Kalbion shouldn't be losing the war like they are... Does that make sense?

Marking you as pending. Address the OCD or get rid of that part, up to you, and maybe just change that sentence a bit in your Achievement. I know I haven't given your description of the Officers, but Captain isn't a listed rank in the Kalbion Army, maybe the Naval Forces.

~

I got some really nice questions that I want to openly address.

Are there checkpoints in and out of Summer Grove?

I totally meant to mention this as a thing when I had Claire enter the city. Yes, checkpoints are a major thing when entering an important city such as Pixley, Aluma, and especially Summer Grove. Definitely read revlis' first post about the checkpoint and that's how extreme it is.

Is time the same?

Yes, days are 24-hours long, minutes are 60 seconds, etc. so, yes, the 15th hour would coordinate to 3pm.

How does money work?

Ahh, yes, I totally meant to address this in the LOCATION section. All major cities use the eye recognition, fingerprint, and/or voice command like Claire did in the cab. In Onzor they've completely left behind the paper money and coins all together while in Kalbion the smaller cities and on the outskirts, yes, paper money is still used, and coins are rarely used except for in really poor areas.

Technology?

Okay, well, I'm definitely working on a Technology Section for the first post.

Not all cars have AI, yes, you can still drive cars. In a majority of the major cities your vehicle has to be able to float, but vehicles with wheels are still a thing in the lesser cities of Kalbion. In Onzor all cars float, in fact, they don't even have wheels. Communication? Cell phones still exist, except that they are super thin, all touch screen, and rectangular shaped. Capable of anything phones can do now, but clearly faster, 3D holograms are a thing when you call someone. In Kalbion it's not a live-feed, you see the life-size or miniature 3D model standing there and talking but in Onzor if you have the right programs and phone then, yes, it is fully capable of live-feeding exactly what the person is doing. Tablets, earpieces (bluetooth) and web-cams exist, yes. Even watch-communicators that use the same 3D hologram program but not in life-size exist but they're kind of tacky and no one really wants to be seen talking into a watch. Voice command is also a really big thing, essentially, anything and everything can be turned on by voice.

I think that was it... If you have any others question, feel free to ask.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Skymin - kira yukimura. ANOTHER FEMALE, THANK THE HEAVENS. REJOICE IN HER NAME. Plus, she's an Engineer just like Claire, I think I sense there's going to be some admiration on Claire's parts. I'm loving Ryuko! The prosthetic leg is also a nice touch, it's nice to see some diversity when it comes to ability status. When it comes to her personality she seems like she's going to be a match for these guys and become the leader of the group. Loving the Achievement section, definitely interesting. I do have questions about your personality, I'm not really sure if those statements are hyperboles or something Ryuko would really do. Is she really so aggressive that she would take something and smash someone in the face with it? It seems like you're implying that she's aggressive and arrogant. Or am I reading that wrong? Just double-checking. Overall, I'm going to have to say that you're Accepted! Welcome to the frenzy!
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

slight hyperbole lol but she will get aggressive if aggravated and provoked! most of the time its angry and snappy comebacks but she would definitely punch someone if it was continued harrassment. intolerable of prejudice. :)

Khawill

<3
Years
Just wondering, when you guys made (or make) your characters, how do you do personality? Do you base it off real people, or do you look at personalities?

I personally take Meyers-Briggs tests. Usually I can get the personality to exist, and act as the person, but I can't really describe how they are. The tests basically helps me make a more real character. Otherwise, I end up creating cliches, people with no flaws, or personalities that are extremely fictional.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Just wondering, when you guys made (or make) your characters, how do you do personality? Do you base it off real people, or do you look at personalities?

I personally take Meyers-Briggs tests. Usually I can get the personality to exist, and act as the person, but I can't really describe how they are. The tests basically helps me make a more real character. Otherwise, I end up creating cliches, people with no flaws, or personalities that are extremely fictional.

I think it more or less the amount of practice you put into roleplaying that character. I often head over to Microsoft Word and write out a few scenarios, while I wait for the IC to start. It helps with character development I think. And for personality, well that usually just springs to my mind as I see them interacting with everyone else or the world around them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Good question, usually I can come up with a personality for my character by just reading the OP. Then for me it's more about old characters. I know sometimes that I can stick to the same typecast and so I look back at my past three characters and decide from there. I've never taken one of those personality things until after my character was already finished and the RP had already started... I kinda like coming up with the personality by myself so I don't tend to use outside sources or other people to help me come up with it. That, and I don't remember that stuff exists until someone points it out and by that point I've already done the personality. Also, it's about how I can get that character to develop as the RP moves on because I don't want them to be stuck in the exact same mindset that they were in the beginning of the RP, y'know?

Heh, I'm surprised that Ryūko didn't hit him. There's still Avery...

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I honestly thought she was, very surprised that she didn't. Ulric is being as quiet as possible, he's like that softly spoken mouse. You don't know he's dare unless you're especially silent (...and your TV is off)

Tbh I'm just happy that Ryuuko had a hairpin on her. Loving the almost 180 Skymin has done from her previously shy characters.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I think keeping the wound open really long with a bullet in it would cause more infections than a hairpin then closing it lol

Last edited:
Years
So I saw that sign-ups were still open, so I figured I'd give it a shot. You could say I was ~inspired xD (Hope everything's okay! I'm kinda new.)

Name
: Gale Addams
Role: Combat Medic - Health

Appearance:

Some people tend to underestimate her due to her height, or lack thereof. At under 5'5", it's almost impressive the way Gale can manage to look down her nose you when she is physically looking up. Perhaps to compensate for her short stature, her posture is flawlessly straight and rigid, wrapping an air of importance around her like a blanket. She is skinny, but in the slightly unhealthy way which indicates poor dietary habits. Nevertheless, she is still fairly wiry and much sturdier than she looks. Her skin is a warm brown, reminiscent of rich wood and creamy coffee, and scattered with pale scars. A long, thin one stretches across her cheek and through the left corner of her mouth, pulling it into a perpetual frown. The largest scar wraps diagonally around the right side of her body, from under her ribcage to above her tailbone.

Her dark eyes always have a glimmer of superiority about them, large bags hanging underneath and barely camouflaged by her skin. Her brown-black hair is usually tied up into a tight bun on her head, but would otherwise fall just below her shoulders in straight, tidy lines.

Due to the unpredictable nature of her job, she usually wears comfortable clothes that she can quickly change out of or would otherwise not mind getting bloodied. Her standard gear is a light blue shirt and white pants that reach mid-calf. She is never anywhere without her satchel of supplies, which includes a first aid kit, needles and thread, antibacterial swipes, and disposable gloves.

Personality:

Self-confident to the point of narcissism, Gale has managed to make quite a few enemies with her cold and haughty nature alone. While those who have been on the end of an arbitrary verbal lashing might harbour great resentment, there are none who can say that she is not one of the best and brightest in her profession. What they can say is that she is severely lacking in any semblance of patience, especially towards people she considers to be lower than herself--which is almost everybody. She demands perfection from everyone, including herself, and can fly into an unpredictable rage when her expectations are not met. Her drive to be the best--or at least, better than everyone else--leads her to practice and perfect herself almost ruthlessly. More often than not she will forego even food and sleep to study books and anatomy and perform educational autopsies in her spare time. Her mind is a drill that can only dig ever deeper down into her chosen path, decimating everything else along the way.

Gale's dedication to her profession should not be mistaken as a sign of empathy or kindness, as some more forgiving individuals might. The one thing she cherishes the most in the world is the feeling of power that comes with shaping and saving lives. Pulling someone back from the clutches of death; holding someone's entire fate in her own hands... to Gale, that is the most exquisite drug in the universe. As is the feeling of affirmation when she accomplishes a feat so difficult that very few people in the whole world could even hope to do. The subsequent high that she flies on often leads to bursts of inappropriate laughter, even in the middle of a battlefield. This has lead to many unnerved and insulted soldiers calling her the "Mad Medic" or the "Giggle-doctor". Some people called it "playing god", but how is it playing when she mercifully grants life unto those in her care, almost akin to miracles?

As a medic, Gale is obviously not a stranger to snap decisions. In fact, due to her disposition, she thrives on them. She holds very little fear in the face of danger, and every life-endangering situation feels to her as though she's playing a game of cat and mouse with the grim reaper. Every time she cheats death herself, she feels a little more powerful, and takes even greater risks. While she does, of course, feel pain, she has trained herself to simply ignore it as an unnecessary distraction.

On the rare occasions that she doesn't succeed in saving a life that she believes she really could have saved, or makes any mistake however major or minor, she retreats to a private space and sometimes proceeds to take out her self-loathing on her belongings. Windows and furniture might be broken, and she may injure herself as she throws herself furiously at the walls. On rare occasions after a particularly horrible experience she may resort to drowning her troubles in alcohol, although she is such a lightweight that there isn't enough alcohol in her system to even cause a hangover the next day. Other times, however, she throws herself furiously back into her studies, punishing herself by refusing to eat or sleep until she eventually crashes in exhaustion.

Her life outside of her work is, well, non-existent. She has no friends, and very few casual acquaintances: none of which can stand her presence for a prolonged period of time, nor she theirs. She has no interest in political affairs or hobbies or basically anything, so long as she's still being provided opportunities to practice her craft. If Gale ever encounters anything outside her expertise, she will still act as though she is the be-all and end-all of that subject. Inside, however, she will feel the gaping maw of her inadequacy, and if she deems the subject important enough, will seek to conquer it through knowledge. To this end, she is willing to bow her head to other people, but only if they have proven to be as expert in that subject as she is in her field.

Whatever else she does, Gale is not a hypocrite. She holds herself to an even higher standard than other people, simply because she knows in her bones that she is capable of it, and is willing to prove herself or show off to those who might question her skill. If someone were to ever gain Gale's respect, she would treat them with all the due deference that she herself would expect.

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Achievement(s):

While Gale's recklessness and love of playing god has lead to many situations in which soldiers who were considered all but dead have been saved by her hands, her most infamous accomplishment to date happened when her camp had been ambushed by enemy planes. Her own tent had been struck, and she received a concussion, several broken ribs, and a major open wound on her side. Seeing her opportunity, she performed hasty slap-dash surgery on herself to keep from bleeding out and proceeded to treat as many life-threatening wounds as she could get to. There are numerous accounts of her throwing up into a bucket she brought and still barking instructions at soldiers and nurses to get her the materials she needed as she closed the wound where someone's leg had been moments before. Eventually she succumbed to her injuries, but not before turning herself into a bit of a living legend.

She has also been known for multiple instances during which she has spent over thirty hours in a single surgery without rest, only emerging when her patient had, against all odds, regained stability.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
im brushing up on my mental vs personality disorders and finishing my sign up hopefully today :3

EDIT: ok after like 10 minutes of reading i realized im dumb and changed OCD to OCPD in the personality section, and also changed Captain to Commander in the accomplishments. I'll keep reading on about OCPD and add some more stuff as i come across the info

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Alright, guys, sorry I would've had a post up sooner but I had to deal with something, which kept me away from the Internet for a few days. The majority of the intro posts are done now, so, people can start posting more frequently and fluently as long as we're not leaving people behind and everyone's on board.

Fort Rancor is a Prisoner of War camp that's pretty well known for its harsh treatment of Kalbionan citizen. They're usually tortured for information, killed, ransomed, and/or sometimes they even send pictures of their handy work to the families. Fort Rancor is located in Zone 6 aka Dominion by a city called Grisel, which is the city they're currently located at. Free feel to have your character know this information but only if it makes sense. Grisel is a medium-sized city, it's not a major city but isn't deserted either. Its key landmark is its twin power plants that are side-by-side, they're the tallest buildings in Grisel.

There's one thing I wanted to address really quickly, I'm noticing or, at least, starting to notice people naming everyone in the room and making it seem like the accepted RPers are the only ones there. If more people get accepted into the RP then it makes it seem as if they were never there as they weren't mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you can't describe the others action or trying to limit what you can do, but just be aware that if other RPers get accepted they'd be in that room as well (up until a certain point of course.)

It came to my attention that unfortunately I was not clear about the description of Kalbion and Onzor and their location on a map. Kalbion and Onzor are two separate landmasses. Imagine that Kalbion was North America (minus Central America) except closer to the equator and Onzor would be Eurasia. This is only to demonstrate the location on the map, not the size or shape.

~

Bitter Awareness - Whoa, your first post was in my RP Thread, I'm going to consider that a honor of the highest degree. By the way, I love your username! Gale seems like quite the character especially compared to Bishop who is a medic just like her. It'll be interesting to see how those two handle situations together. You really went above and beyond with the personality and I'm just so in love with it, thanks for that! Makes me feel a bit bad for my horrid personality section... Ahaha. Anyway, Gale is Accepted! Since I know that Gale most certainly would've helped out Bishop earlier you could just say that the drugs really affected her and she only just woke up, unless you want to have her up earlier. Your choice either way! :)

Lt. Col. Fantastic - Thanks for taking the effort to expand your SU, it looks really nice. The only thing I ask is to just... beef up the RP Sample, I listed the reasons and some ways in my previous post directed toward you.

~

It's been well over a week so it's about time that I post the results of the Reference Comp (name still pending)!

Spoiler:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I knew what the people here would want to do. They would want revenge, to fight back.

Ummmmm, you do realise that this is NOT what Bishop wants to do, right? He's a lover not a fighter; he wouldn't want revenge much less to fight back. If anything he wants to go back home, to the safety of his hospitals. The whole reason he's gone into grief/shock is because of the entire situation. Lol.

Khawill

<3
Years
Probably going to have Check descend into a sort of insanity as the RP goes on. A mix of PTSD, stress, anger, separation anxiety (separated from wife, and team), lack of sleep, and night terrors will all be pretty good contributions. I'd say eventually he will begin hallucinating (especially if he doesn't sleep), maybe be more likely to snap, and finally he may develop irrational thinking.

Of course, this is all going to be a slow process. Hallucinations are going to be thrown in because he has gone several weeks with minimal sleep though. He is still rational enough to know (or at least think he knows) when something is in his mind. Additionally, at the moment he is thinking as rationally as he would normally be.

On the other side of things. Downer that the woman died. I was sure the medic man would discover his magic and save the woman. I wonder if he will feel a lot of future regret when he realizes he had magic at this time and didn't know about it, I wonder if he will blame himself.

"Ummmmm, you do realise that this is NOT what Bishop wants to do, right? He's a lover not a fighter; he wouldn't want revenge much less to fight back. If anything he wants to go back home, to the safety of his hospitals. The whole reason he's gone into grief/shock is because of the entire situation. Lol."

I was going to write "most of the people" but a lot of the people who have spoken so far, have been for a course of action that involves saving more people. The doctor has not verbally expressed an opinion against such a notion, and it is fair to assume he is simply in shock due to losing the life of a patient (at least fair for Check to assume). Remember, for all Check knows very little about anybody in the room. He certainly doesn't recognize anyone by name or feat (he is fairly under rocks when it comes to such things), he only knows what is said, felt, and done in his presence.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Sorry if the Rp Sample is lacking XD I couldn't really think of anything to write about and it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Allison Baratheon

Role: Speed Scout
Theme: Fortunate Son

Appearance:
At exactly 6'1, Allie is relatively tall and can stand eye to eye with many of the burly men that take up most of the Kalbion Army. While her height may be prominent her most eye catching feature would be the fiery red hair that she boasts with pride. It's more often than not left down, but when it is time for battle or reconnaissance it gets tied up into a ponytail. While she doesn't enjoy being grouped in with others she does bear the same pale, unblemished skin that most other redheads acquire. Though after hours and hours in the relentless sun, her face and shoulder have been faintly tanned.

Although she isn't extremely muscular, the scout is regarded as one of the quickest members of the entire army and that is thanks in part to her long legs packed with lean muscle. Another trait Allison is known for is her fun loving nature which comes in part with an almost permanent smile, showing off her pearly white teeth.

When out of combat, she is mostly seen wearing a grey tank top with some baggy camo pants that are tucked into her dirty pair of combat boots. When scouting or in the midst of a battle, Allie just throws on her favorite combat jacket that has been with her through every mission she's been sent on. She has her Barrett .50 caliber sniper rifle strapped on her back wherever she goes and is constantly cleaning and readjusting it. During combat she brings a bag filled with various accessories for the gun and a specialized pair of binoculars issued to all of the scouts in the Kalbion Army.

Allison is a chain smoker and is most often seen with a cigarette in her mouth and a pack stuffed in her back pocket. She smokes half a pack during the day and when she isn't she's trying to keep her hands occupied.

Personality:
Going about her days with an almost everlasting grin on her face, Allie possess a fun loving personality. While she's the first to crack a joke and wash down a pint a beer, it doesn't necessarily indicate that she is a kindhearted and compassionate individual. In fact she has almost entirely the opposite nature as her antics are often at the expense of others and it takes some time for her to warm up to those she's met. She does maintain a fairly good relationship with many of the troops and even has close friendships within her platoon.

There isn't much motivation for her as a member of the army. There's the fact that her entire family was wiped out by the opposing army, but she got over their deaths and repaid them with countless numbers of enemy lives in the process. There was the desire to be recognized as being just as good if not better than the men of the army, but that was also realized soon after she enlisted. Allison has a job that she enjoys and is skilled at simple as that. It really wouldn't matter which side she fought for. There was nothing to go home to if Kalbion won the war and if Onzor won the war there would be nothing to go home to. It just happened that she was born and raised on Kalbion soil, so she sided with them. All though, there is a resentment for some of the higher ups in the military that Allison has, mostly due to her belief that the people in Summer Grove contribute nothing to the war and that they just use the soldiers as pawns in it.

During scouting mission Allie retains the same personality that she always has, being able to do her job efficiently and boosting her groups morale with a couple jokes. However, when things don't go her way or more precisely when a soldier under her command doesn't do something precisely the way she instructs them to, she can snap in a mere instant exchanging her pearly white smile with some choice words and a glare that could make satan cry. Due to her short fuse when engaged on the battle field, the highly regarded scout prefers to work alone which is a request that is rarely fulfilled.

Achievement(s):
Allison is regarded as one of, if not the fastest soldier in the entire army. This ability is key in getting in and out of recon missions as quickly as possible. Her ability to pick out the most minuscule details from even long distances has led to many Kalbion lives being saved, most often from Onzor ambushes. While she excels at the highest levels in both other scouting skills her sniping prowess is also nothing to be laughed at as she ranks about 5th best sniper in the army. Overall while she hasn't truly shown a definitive moment of greatness she's still considered one of the greatest scouts in the army.

Rp Sample:
Spoiler:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

Name: "Bloody" Mayte Howaru
Role: Attack Spy
Appearance:

Mayte is around 5'10'', of black skin and a lean athletic build. He has a clean shaved face with short black hair. His brown eyes are said to have the stare of a dead person, extremely cold and emotionless. He usually dresses standard special force issued uniform which allow for ease of movement while still being protective, as well as a light weight loose fitting coat that he wears out in public to help conceal his many weapons.

He is almost looks like a knife shop when he is outfitted for a mission, wearing one stiletto against is left forearm in a mechanism that allows it to fall into his hand at a certain wrist movement. He has another stiletto which is strapped to his right leg as well as a combat knife that is strapped to the small of his back; handle facing his right hand for ease of drawing. There is an array of throwing knives that he keeps on his person, five around each bicep with another five around his left leg.

Personality:
Early into the war, and before it started, Mayte was a much more compassionate person as well as soldier specialising in intelligence gathering and sabotage. While on missions he would try to keep casualties to a minimum but as the war continued and specialists began to get killed. His missions took a turn to the more bloody side of covert operations: assassinate and target removal. His continued bloodshed slowly changed his personality as he couldn't find a reason within himself for all the death, other than life must be cheap as his superiors continually ordered him to kill Onzorian's. Eventually this constant killing and loss of life made him the cold, passionless assassin he is today.

Though his outlook on life changed, the change of his method's and intelligence has not been as great, though he now has no qualms with leaving behind something or someone that is slowing down or making the completion of the task at hand less efficient. He remains a very logical person, always trying to accomplish his tasks in the most efficient way possible. His perversion towards efficiency has lead him to have a strong dislike towards people who aren't efficient.

Since life has become cheap in his eyes he has become cold and slightly dismissive with others; never keeping a conversation going once it has started/rarely conversing unless it is absolutely needed. Despite his apparent bad people skills, he can still work well in a team though he does have a tendency to leave behind team members behind if they can't keep up with his work pace.

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Achievement(s): Mayte is a Serviceman of the Kalbion Special Forces and had earned his rank through his accomplishments in service from intelligence gathering too assassination and target removal of enemy officers. Some of the intelligence he gathered lead to technological advancement for the Kalbion army; while his exploits in target removal have helped continue the Kalbion survival against the much stronger Onzorian army.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
If I (as in Khalil) was there, I would totally suggest asking the police how to get back home. They are there to protect and serve, duhhhh. That or just wander off without acknowledging what is going on, I'd die with a few hours lol.

They did not sugarcoat the truth. They were strong, and Ryūko had seen the things they had yelled at cadets. They were not kind. But they were honest and tough when no one else could be.

-_- sooooooooooooooo not true. Soldiers do sugarcoat the truth, especially to citizens. Most soldiers (along with doctors, and emergency services I'd assume) will lie to a civilian if it will boost morale or prevent panic. Its a pretty annoying stereotype, especially when I hear it from other people in real life. You probably don't see it the same way in real life, but I did want to say something about it.

Back