• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tomodachi Life

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I don't think I've seen anyone here talking about this. Anyway, who's been playing it? How are you enjoying it? Who do you have in your apartments? Who's married? Who's got kids? Who's wearing a hamster suit?! Feel free to add anything else you need to say!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hmm, I've heard a lot about Tomodachi Life, but, what exactly is it about, anyway? Is it like Animal Crossing?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Yes, it's similar to Animal Crossing but more based around...a form of reality (albeit a very odd and fantastical one).

I really would like to play Tomodachi Life, but I bought Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds instead of it and so I don't see myself purchasing it for some time. Perhaps once it's on sale. I really like how it looks, but I hear it doesn't maintain its fun for long.

Years
  • Tomodachi Life is a great game. Very different from Animal Crossing though, at least to me, because in Tomodachi you're more or less an observer who has little say on what things happen.

I'm actually playing right now and going through all my miis' rooms to feed them. <3 Feels like it's a bit tough to make money in the game, especially given that some clothing and interiors cost up to $3,000 and perhaps more. So far I have around 35 miis and 2 married couples.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • 'm actually playing right now and going through all my miis' rooms to feed them. <3 Feels like it's a bit tough to make money in the game, especially given that some clothing and interiors cost up to $3,000 and perhaps more. So far I have around 35 miis and 2 married couples.

So you.. 'get' Miis? And you can marry them? o:

(or am I missing something haha)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's not something you can play for hours on end, like maybe Animal Crossing or Zelda. It's something you kind of play to pass the time. I think it's a nice game, but I can't really recommend it at full price. If any of you are looking to buy it at some point, like you Klippy, then you should wait for a price drop or another sale like Best Buy's BOGO deal.

Anyway, I really enjoy this game! The more people you have living in your apartment complex, the more fun it is and the more time consuming it can be. So for those worried about it not being fun for long, just add more people, haha. Almost always something to do that way.

Today, my mii and Jarrett's mii had a baby. Named him Eoin and he cries a lot. I hope this isn't a sign for the future, haha. ;(

Years
  • I really want to pick this up sometime.

I played the welcome demo which is was fun, but not quite as funny as I can imagine it would be just being limited to three mii's. I have loads of funny mii's on my wii which would be epic in this game.

Years
  • Ooh, congrats Syd! One of my miis just asked about having a baby today. Still waiting for my boyfriend's mii and mine to ask about that because gosh do I want to see how that'd end up. Eeeee.

Anyways, after a chat with the lovely Jak through a skype convo I remembered that I can sell treasures. Right. Went and sold everything except the tissue paper and toilet paper (so I can remember how many times I lost in minigames xD) my money count skyrocketed from around $1,000 to $11,000. Happy day. :D

Shawn, you make your own miis (can import them from your miis on the 3DS or download QR codes for miis online). They'll eventually find other miis in your island they like and ask them out which can potentially lead to marriages (or even breakups).

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • So here is what I have done in Tomodachi Life since the last time I posted. First off, I increased the number of Miis to 28. Then two of them (the ones nicknamed Mando and D Dragon) got married. I also created seven different music groups. The seven music groups are:

Metalheads (the Metal group) 4 male members, 3 female members
    Rockers of Zurg (the Rock & Roll group) Currently 3 male members, 1 female member
    Techstreme (the Techno group) All male group (main singers are nicknamed Ralph, BY, and Heyoo)
    Rapstyle (the Rap group) 4 male members, 3 female members
    Balladsters (the Ballad group) Only two members: Mando and D Dragon
    Popgirls (the Pop group) All female group
    Operafantics (the Opera group) Currently 2 male members, 2 female members

Back