• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
  • Robin - Lvl 12
    Floor 4: Lobria Shops
    HP: 100% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6061

Spoiler:

Suddenly, Robin's being lectured. It's not often he gets lectured since he entered this game. With Lucina, it was weird. It the first time she's ever lectured him. One thing that caught Robin off-guard was how she was higher leveled than him. I clearly have more experience than you when it comes to real fight. He thought it, but he wasn't going to say it straight to her face, that'd be cold, like the weather. Robin looks to his side in exasperation, at a loss of words. "Well, uhm..."

It's not like he hates training, but he often got curious what it'd be like spending the holidays with people. He can't exactly say no to Lucina. It's a shame he couldn't try with his parents. It would've been better with Mamoru since he's known him the longest. Too bad he's not coming. Letting his curiosity get the best of him, Robin replied with a sigh, "OK. I'll only be there for appearance, though!" he quickly added, not knowing what that even meant. He crosses his arms as he looks at the shops. "What time is it exactly?" She needed to issue the time of the party, right?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    oz4l0Yp.png
    .W I S P / HP:85% ; EXP:37% ; Col:15,500 _______ FLOOR 3

Wisp materialized at the teleport gate plaza of Lobria town, Floor 4. Ever since this floor was opened, a large portion of explorers had basically been on hiatus; a well-deserved break until the time limit on the teleport gate would run out and it could provide passage to the next floor. That would be tonight. A new year's celebration involving the exploration of a whole new floor. Though she was curious, Wisp wasn't planning on joining that first exploration party. She'd already pulled an all-nighter, and if she would sleep through the day only to go exploring again at night, her circadian rhythm was going to be seriously messed up. Today she'd take it easy and enjoy the festivities.
    Though she was curious.

Having said - or rather, thought - that, she wasn't exactly sure what 'festivities' she was going to 'enjoy' yet at all. Because her life in this game mostly consisted of avoiding other players, she didn't have any friends to celebrate with or anything. For now, she decided to head to the inn she had been staying at for the past few days.
    There was some sort of commotion going on in the plaza. A duel, it seemed, because a crowd was gathering in a large circle. This piqued even Wisp's interest, and she quickly tried to look around for a place where she could view the brawl. By the time she managed, it had already begun: First Strike mode, but surprisingly enough it took a number of back-and-forth jabs before the duel was decided. The brawlers were like polar opposites, too. One seemed serious and concentrated, but the other was just... fooling around, almost. Wisp didn't understand what he was doing, and so it was no surprise to her that he lost soon after. When it was over, the duelists joined in conversation, and the crowd dissolved quickly. Wisp, too, quickly put her hood on and fled back to the side of the square to resume on her way.

She was walking alongside a wall, so she would only need to be on her guard for people from one side. It was going fine too, until suddenly she noticed a player practically marching toward the wall at a high speed. Wisp slowed her steps, to watch what was going to happen. Within city bounds, there was little chance she would get in any real trouble, but she preferred to keep a low profile nonetheless. Imagine her surprise when the young man she had perceived as dangerous promptly crashed into the wall. Like he forgot it was coming. Wisp couldn't help but laugh - and immediately covered her mouth afterwards. She didn't want to piss him off by laughing at him... but again, he seemed completely oblivious. The boy regained his composure, and looked up at the height of the wall.
    ''Wow...! Amazing.'' he uttered, and immediately proceeded to start climbing it. That didn't work. Wisp was doing her utmost to suppress another burst of laughter. But he had piqued her interest, and so she did something quite unnatural for her: strike up conversation.

''You okay? You crashed into that wall pretty hard...'' she said, trying to hide the laugh from her voice still. ''Why are you so interested in a wall, of all things?''​

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Kai
    Floor 4

I hate waiting. There are a hundred better things to do than sit in a town. I took out some leftovers from the Christmas dinner our guild had. The food tasted great, but the taste had no meaning to me if I was bored. From the corner of my eye, two people stood out in the entire crowd. One was energetically attempting to force his food on people passing by, while the other was doing the same with less energy. His spirit was contagious and I began to feel excited. I jumped to my feet and approached the man. "Hey you! What is your name?" I loudly exclaimed with a wide smile.

He matched my energy with a smile of his own, and moved his face close to mine, "Fester." He said, "What is it to you?! Do you want to buy my food?!" He began to get louder.

"NO I DON'T!" I replied with an even louder tone than him, "I'm BORED and I wanna FIGHT!" We got real close, and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted to fight me.

"WELL STRANGER, I AM NICE, LETS FIX THAT BOREDOM!" He yelled back. Everybody in earshot within Lobria was watching us.

The girl pushed us apart and turned toward Fester, "Is that a good idea? We are waiting for the next dungeon to be found. There's no reason to randomly fight someone."

He turned toward her, and still yelling he said, "DON'T YOU SEE THAT THIS MAN IS QUESTIONING MY MANLINESS!?"

"Why are you yelling?!" She said angrily. "Anyways, he never said anything about you being a man."

"Silly Rose, I can see it in his attitude. This man wants to test my mettle." He began to rant , but I stopped him with a duel request.

"WHY TALK WHEN YOU CAN FIGHT!?" I yelled.

"WHO SAID I DIDN'T WANT TO FIGHT?!" He yelled, putting one hand on his sword. We both got into our stances.

The countdown ended and our swords clashed. Our levels and weapons were even, and his skill rivaled my own. Though the way he fought was savage, animalistic. Wild. He had spirit, but it was the kind that a rabid dog would have. I could tell he had no sense of self preservation. We fought, and in the end, I was the victor, though my health was low and it was a hairline victory. I tossed him a health potion, "Hey Fester, I like your spunk. Join my guild."

"Your guild huh? Will you let her join?" He said, pointing at Rose.

"Is that girl your wife or something?"

"Hell no!" She snapped, "He is my bodyguard."

"Huh, bodyguard? What kind of coward has a bodyguard?" I replied, leaning into her while gazing into her eyes. "Lets see your spirit little girl."

"Wait what?" She replied confused.

Fester laughed, "He wants to see what you're made of Rose. Do something manly!"

"Yeah! He knows!" I laughed, "Lets hear you ROAR." Both Fester and I roared together and then high-fived. "Like a mighty tiger!"

Rose sighed and took a breath. She let out a meager kitten sound.

"Weak!" I stomped, "ROAR like a tiger, not a house cat."

Fester laughed, "Little kitten Rose."

She put an angry face on and let out another roar. This one wasn't grand, but I could see she had heart.

"Don't you worry one bit about it." I laughed, patting her on the back, "Even the grandest lions started out as little kittens, right Fester!"

"The biggest lion once had to learn his roar!" He laughed.

"Well you two are now a part of The Stars of Aincrad! It is your job to be as bright as possible for all of the players in this game to gaze upon! Can I trust you to do that?"

"Hell yeah I can!" Fester said excitedly, "I've always wanted to be a star!"

"What about you Rose? Can I trust
    you to shine bright?"

Rose laughed, "I'm not really much of a star..."

"Not yet you aren't! Some of the brightest stars didn't start out as stars you know."

"What does that even mean..."

"It means smile large, and never let fear stop you from moving forward! A star keeps burning, even in the vacuum of space!" I thrust my sword into the sky. "We are the lights that guide the hopeless and cowardly. We shine bright for those that do not! Do you understand now?" Fester cheered, throwing his fist in the air. I held my hand out for her to shake, "I believe you can shine bright, can I trust you to prove me right?"

Rose laughed, "With that kind of energy, even I feel like I could do anything." She shook my hand, "What the hell, I can shine like the best of them."

"That is the spirit! Find our tailor, Libra, he hangs around the first floor and can make you two a uniform." The two of them thanked me and took off. I sheathed my sword and messaged Libra telling him of the new members. Although I was beginning to calm down, I still had one more burst of energy and yelled to everybody, "If you're in this town, then do not sleep tonight, look at the stars of this new year and feel empowered! With this new start, there is no reason to hold onto your past! Move forward and crush your enemies!"

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • Drakath - Level 15 - Exp 50% - 17,593 Col - Floor 3

Christopher_Sayo_Older_zpscbe056e1.jpg

Light shined on the player as they slowly stood up. The player was a girl who looked a little bit older than Drakath. She was wearing what looked like specially forged armor, made by a skilled blacksmith. Her sword and shield looked custom made as well, possibly to match a guild outfit. Her sword had a small silvery jewel where the hilt met the sword. Her shield was circular and had a blue symbol on the front of it. The woman stuck her sword into the stone floor and turned her head to Drakath and Sakurza.

tumblr_mzw59h_WMks1rfyiu4o1_250.jpg
    "Welcome, to my lair, or hideout if you will." her voice quietly echoed throughout the large stone room. "I am surprised that someone actually found me, two people in fact. Do you know who I am?" "No we don't, but your color cursor is orange so I assume you've done something. " Drakath replied. "I am Zaxemira," Drakath found that name unsettling, as it was somewhat familiar. "And correct you are, I have done something... terrible. I have secretly been here for a while." "What did you do that made you stay here?" Sakurza asked. "I am a Player Killer, I have removed many people and small guilds from this world. I was never discovered until a job went wrong." "What happened?" "I was hired to perform an assassination with 2 other people. We were hired to take out a little bit bigger than small guild going to level. Everything was going to plan until one of the members fell down and was seen. Every remaining member was alerted. The one that fell was quickly killed off. The other died in an ambush on our way out. I escaped and fled to floor 3, I was followed by the 4 remaining guild members. After I killed them I ran off and found this place." "Weren't some people startled when the saw all those dead people showed up on the Monument of Life?" Drakath asked. "Yes, and that is why I stayed here, because I knew people would be after me." "Why are you telling us this?" Drakath looked at Sakurza and thought, Why would you ask that? She hasn't attacked us yet, so why give her a reason to! "I was just about to get to that. Now that I've been found, I'm going to kill you and find another hideout, there are no safe zones on floor 3 after all..." A smirk formed on her face. Drakath and Sakurza knew what was coming and they planned on trying their best to avoid having to kill her. He could tell Sakurza was a tiny bit afraid, considering that Zaxemira has successfully taken on and killed at least five people in one fight.

Zaxemira lifted her sword and raised her shield preparing to attack. Drakath unsheathed his sword with his right hand and held it behind him, towards the ground a little to his side. His right leg slid back and his left leg bent down. He raised his left arm and bent it toward him, in front of his chest. His stance was complete. Sakurza did the same but her stance was flipped, as she used her left hand to hold her sword. Zaxemira ran forward and swung her sword diagonally at Drakath, he dashed forward parried her attack and slid around her to slash her back with incredible speed. Sakurza dashed in and horizontally sliced at Zaxemira, but she quickly turned around and blocked the attack with her shield. She pushed Sakurza's sword away, turned around and swung at Drakath but he dodged and cut her arm. Swinging again his attack was parried, she swung her sword at his chest, he ducked, slid his left leg out, and spun around. Zaxemira fell over onto her back. Sakurza recovered and ran towards Zaxemira, she blocked Sakurza's attack and stood up. She slashed her sword across Sakurza's chest, rolled over to evade Drakath's stab and landed a small cut on his left cheekbone. She kicked Sakurza away and bashed Drakath with her shield. Drakath and Sakurza hit the ground hard, breaking chunks of the stone floor off. They stood up and attacked at the same time, parrying both attacks Zaxemira held her sword up high to activate a sword skill. Her sword and shield glowed blue and she swung her sword down, hitting Drakath, then right and left, hitting Sakurza, after that she bashed them far away with her shield, sending Drakath off a ledge onto a lower part of the room about 3 yards down and Sakurza into a pillar that was connected to the ceiling. Sakurza stood up and put her sword diagonally in front of her. She sprinted forward and delayed Zaxemira's attack, twirled around and knocked her sword away. Zaxemira used the sharp edge of her shield and jabbed Sakurza in throat. Drakath climbed up to the ledge and saw her fall down choking and Zaxemira retrieve her sword. He pulled himself up as Sakurza slowly got up. He ran to her and faced Zaxemira, who was in a defensive position. Drakath and Sakurza's health were in the red zone while Zaxemira's was full due to a high battle healing skill. The all entered their stances, Drakath's sword began to glow dark blue and Sakurza's sword glowed dark pink, while Zaxemira's sword and shield glowed black. This was it, all or nothing.

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• UutcQvq.png

Enrique Castillo // Enrique Lv. 11
    Lobria: Markets
    HP: 100% // Col: 1035 → 835 // Exp: 72%

Enrique gave a sigh of relief upon stepping through the teleporter to Lobria, glad to finally be back somewhere safe after some training on floor 3. To his sides stood Mjoll and Flamio, two players he'd met before the fight against Asterios, the Taurus King. In the week since, Enrique would like to believe that the three had grown closer. He and Mjoll certainly had, since lately she'd been telling him more and more stories about herself and her life outside the game, but he wasn't quite sure about Flamio.

Before the boss fight, Flamio was not too different Enrique himself; a fun-loving, seemingly carefree guy who did his best to enjoy the game despite the circumstances. However, another similarity was that neither had ever been on death's door before. During the boss fight, the three of them focused on battling Asterios' minions to keep them away from the stronger parties taking on the King himself. Unfortunately, when its health grew low, the King switched to quicker, more mobile style like Illfang did. The three had been too focused on the adds to pay much attention to the boss, believing that the higher-leveled players had him in check, and they failed to notice that he'd grown far too close until Flamio took a heavy hit from its sabre. It was a miracle that Flamio even survived the hit, but it soon became apparent that Asterios intended to finish the job, its blade sweeping in for a blow that would hit Mjoll and Enrique as well.

Just then, the attack was repelled by a powerful combo strike from a small, cloaked person wielding an utterly gigantic axe and an asian guy with a katana who wore a leather duster. The latter promptly looked back at the trio and said, "Don't worry, I'm not letting anyone die on my watch!" Enrique couldn't believe how cool the guy was, with his long coat and his hair spiked back to a point, but Flamio could only look forward in fear as if his mind were trapped in that moment where he almost died. "We need to get moving, but I'll have one of my guildmates get you healed." With that, the man and the axe wielder rushed at the boss, while a woman approached them from the side telling them to give the higher-leveled players some space before handing them all some potent health potions.

Mjoll found herself inspired to become strong, kind, and heroic like their saviors as well as the hooded woman who gave her life against the PK, and Enrique left the situation mostly unchanged, but Flamio became unhealthily obsessed with levelling himself. He spent nearly all his money on health and stamina potions, and now he grinds day and night with a dead look in his eyes. He joined a levelling guild to train more efficiently, and while he's still willing to spend time with the two of them he does so only if the activity is, again, training. Enrique was concerned for his friend, but wasn't sure he wanted to be the one to bring up the topic just yet, and Flamio getting stronger would benefit everyone stuck in the game, right?

They had recently come back from one such training bout to rest, as Enrique and Mjoll had grown tired, but as soon as they stepped into Lobria Flamio said, "I'm going to go meet up with my guild. See you guys later," and didn't even wait for a response before heading back out the teleporter. Enrique saw him off with a wave and a smile, but Mjoll only crossed her arms and frowned.

After a few moments, Mjoll turned to Enrique and said, "He really needs to calm down with that or he's gonna get himself killed. I don't think he's slept for days."

Enrique shrugged. "Unfortunately, I'm not too sure there's anything we can say to him that would get him to slow down."

"Yeah, I guess, but…" Mjoll thought about it, but she couldn't really think of anything she could do either and ended up sighing in defeat. "Whatever, let's just get to the market to restock." The pair went on their way to restock their supply of potions and get their equipment repaired. Despite having supposedly closed the case just a minute ago, Mjoll continued to talk about Flamio as they walked. "You know, he might not think of us as close friends or anything, but maybe if we somehow found that guy who saved us, or even his guildmates, we could try getting them to talk some sense into him. He'd listen to them, right?"

Enrique looked up pensively. "Hmm… Actually, you might be right!" They soon happened upon an armored man with glasses at a stand who they learned was a blacksmith and handed him their armor and weapons to be repaired. Mjoll browsed the man's wares while Enrique searched for something in his inventory. "Aha!" He chimed as he found it, pulling out a pencil and paper. He took it to a wall and started scrawling something until Mjoll finished with her business.

Tapping on Enrique's shoulder, Mjoll said, "Hey, our stuff's gonna be ready soon." She noticed the paper and peeked over at the boy's drawings. "Wait, what are you doing? Is that…?"

"I'm trying to remember what the katana guy's guild mark looked like. His name looked Japanese so I can't really remember it that well, Shi-something, but I remember that his guild mark looked something like this." On the page were a number of squares, each with different, yet similar drawings in the middle of them of what looked like a strange, minimalistic bird-dog sort of thing. Mjoll gave it a skeptic look.

"Are you sure that's what it looked like? I don't think anyone would use that sort of thing as a guild mark. But what are we going to do anyway, put flyers with this up all over town? And now that I think about it, the axe person and the potion girl both had all their information hidden. Only katana guy didn't. One guy out of almost 10,000."

"Well I think flyers are a great idea, actually. And why not? It's not like it's that much effort. We just wait around until someone recognizes the drawing."

"Actually, I think the problem is the drawing," Mjoll said as she gave the paper another look. "I really think you're just remembering it wrong, because there's no way someone that strong would use a mark that looks like it was drawn by a five-year old. But…" Mjoll thought about it for a moment before looking up with a grin. "I can't really remember how it looked either, so that's really the best we've got. What the hell, let's just use that and see where it gets us." Enrique nodded and was ready to get to work making more when the armorer called out to them to come get their equipment. They'd both forgotten about it with the whole guild mark thing.

Fully geared again, the two began heading back to the second floor where they planned to relax under the Lone Tree for a bit before going their separate ways when they noticed a commotion in the distance. They were both curious and quickly agreed to go check it out. Pushing their way through the crowd that had formed, they saw that the cause was two people dueling. Both were pretty good, clashing repeatedly despite the fact that it was first-strike mode, and it gave Mjoll an idea.

"I bet 100 on the white-hair guy!" Mjoll's sudden outburst caused Enrique to look at her blankly for a moment. She grinned and looked straight at him. "The silly guy reminds me of you, so I'm pretty sure he's going to lose."

Enrique couldn't help but laugh. "Haha, fine then, I bet 200 on the other guy! Us silly people have to support each other, you know!" He joked back, and the two of them focused intently on the battle as it proceeded. Enrique shoved Mjoll teasingly when the silly guy dodged a sword art from white-hair and counterattacked, but he received his own shove when white-hair took advantage of the situation and stabbed silly's shoulder, ending the match.

The duelists chatted for a bit after the battle, joined by a hooded person who was too tall to be the hooded axe-wielder from before, and eventually the silly guy held his fist in the air and shouted, "ALL WILL KNEEL BEFORE THE MIGHTY GUY!" before leaving. It wasn't long until the rest of the crowd left as well. Enrique suddenly found a trade request screen pop up in front of him, and turned to see Mjoll with a huge grin and her hand held out in 'hand it over' gesture. Enrique happily accepted his defeat.

"Well that was fun," said Mjoll. "Oh! Maybe we should try dueling too! I don't think we ever have, have we?"

"Nope." With that, Enrique sent a duel request. "Let's do first-strike mode too." For some reason, he put on a sly grin after saying that.

"Sure. I bought a cool new battleaxe at that shop and I'm itching to try it out!" Not thinking anything of it, Mjoll selected 'first-strike' and accepted the request, but immediately after accepting she realized her mistake. "Wait no!" But unfortunately, it was too late and the timer for the duel had commenced counting down. She gave a disheartened sigh and asked, "Can I just forfeit right now?"

Enrique egged her on. "Come on, you're way stronger than me. Just give it a try, maybe you can do it after all." Mjoll sighed and held up her weapon.

The counter soon hit 0 and Mjoll shot forward, her plate armor not holding her back one bit, and she swung her axe with great force. Just before the axe could plow into its target, though, there was a bright yellow blur of movement, and in that instant it was over. The axe finally hit Enrique right in his side, launching him several feet and knocking him to the ground, but he didn't take any damage because the duel had already concluded. Mjoll looked down and saw the red mark of a wound fading away from her gut. Of course, there was no way she could beat Enrique in a first-strike duel when he had the fastest Sword Art she'd ever seen, his 'Sting' art. Although the art did barely did any damage, so it probably wouldn't help him that much against her in any other type of duel.

Enrique got to his feet and dusted himself off before pointing at the display that announced his victory with a wide smile. Mjoll walked up to him and punched him playfully in the shoulder, saying, "'Give it a try', you said. 'Maybe you can do it'. Jerk, haha."

"I mean, maybe you could have, but you didn't."

There was an awkward silence afterward that was eventually broken by another punch in the shoulder from Mjoll. "Come on, let's go chill a bit. I think we both deserve it after all that training." Enrique nodded and the two headed to the teleporter to get to the Lone Tree.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Mamoru - Lvl 15
    Floor 4: Lobria
    HP: 95% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2753

Spoiler:

I focus on the wall, but I guess I can't climb this huge thing. Can I cut through this? Before I could consider, some girl decides to speak to me why I'm climbing this wall. Ah-ha! Someone is interested in my works! Very well, I shall give them my wisdom of adventure. I give a bright smile & walk up to the girl, "I wanted to see whether I could climb this wall & see if there is anything is on the other side." Right after, I take out my weapon & hack n' slash at the wall. Immortal Object. Yup. I put my weapon away & laugh as I turn back to the girl, "Guess my curiosity is confirmed!"

I guess I should put introductions in order, "My name is Mamoru, but you can call me 'crazy guy who thinks a wall is nothing'!" I laugh excitedly. Then a thought occurs to me, "You think I'm crazy, & I don't need to finish that in a question!" I know I'm acting crazy, & yet I can still kick a turtle with a car! ...OK, dark humor there, sorry.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Retrospect - The Day of the Battle Against of Baran

Natalia Silverlock||Kagome
    Lv. 16||Floor 2 - Boss Room

A quiet and determined Kagome walked gallantly towards the Boss Room, ready as the others were to fight. She'd completely recovered from a spell that she'd fallen to, and she cast her indecisiveness away along with it. Despite Tara's worry of her being unfit to fight, she felt better than ever. She even managed to get a good bit of training in prior to the date of the attack, and she grew a level in the process.

She listened to the briefing, her breath unabated. She was truly focused, almost zen. This was unsurprising, Kagome was quite the tactician when it came to fighting and, thus, she could very easily give things her undivided attention, but because of how chaotic her life (and her mind) had been after her sister re-entered the picture, one would certainly be surprised to find her as calm as she was. That was, until a familiar face appeared before her, one that she hadn't expected. It was her sister- or rather, the girl that she rejected as her sister, Rise "Apathy" Amagawa-Evans.

"Oh," Kagome said with exaggerated surprise, "I definitely didn't expect you to be here. You definitely had guts to accept my invitati-"

"Fight me." Apathy said with a shocking amount of emotion behind it. "You're going to fight me. Right now."

Kagome's face straightened. "Last time I saw you, you were level ten. There aren't many people who can take me, I'd say. I don't see why you think this is any sort of a good idea." Kagome equipped her Golem's Fist Buster Sword and held it behind her back. "Not that I care. After all, if I don't kill you, the boss will. Consider this a mercy killing." She'd said those exact words before, though at the time it was under a much harsher context. She simply batted an eye at the thought, looking to Apathy to see if she had any reaction. There was none; rather, she seemed to have a constant demeanor of pure rage. It certainly didn't fit the name Apathy and she was completely betraying the mask of stoicism that Kagome had sometimes seen her with after their friendship came to an end. Regardless, she wasn't interested in asking questions. She brought her sword out in front of her and held it out with one hand. "Come on, then."

Apathy dashed at Kagome at an unremarkably average speed. Kagome swung at her, but Apathy leapt just over it and made to stab Kagome in the chest, but was met with Kagome's Sword of Aero, which parried Apathy's blade and sent her back. All the while, Kagome's face was one of pure and utter disinterest.

Despite her disinterest, Kagome did notice a red piece of cloth on the wrist of Apathy's sword hand. "It would be smarter to wear a gauntlet or gloves on your hands for combat rather than plain accessories when you aren't too confident in your abilities. So why are you wearing that ugly red band on your hand?" This seemed to make Apathy's teeth grind and the grip on her sword tighter. She lunged at Kagome for a second strike, and again Kagome parried, this time with Kagome raising her foot and harshly planting it in the center of Apathy's face and pushing her a good ways away.

"My god, you're sloppy." Kagome said dismissively, looking down on Apathy with a sneer. "Anger really doesn't..." Her speech crawled to a stop. She squinted at the downed Apathy who was rising to her feet. Kagome clenched her teeth and stabbed at Apathy who was less than sluggish to react.

"MEGIDDO!", Apathy yelled out, drawing a larger amount of attention than the two already had. Her blade, now black, met Kagome's and Apathy pushed Kagome back effortlessly, quickly following up by switching to throwing daggers and throwing a few before jumping back, cutting at a surprised Kagome's face and neck. Kagome was paralyzed with shock, and stood with a hollow look in her eyes. She wiped her face wound with her fingers as if it were a real wound. Apathy rose to her feet and pointed her sword at her sister. "En garde," she said in her normal monotone voice, the rage seemingly having subsided. But what truly struck Kagome was that Apathy's movements just then far exceeded her own in that moment. Apathy wasn't an avid fighter, and Kagome knew this more than anyone else. The two had been on many a quest together before they were torn apart. But even more, she was far more reactive and accurate than she was in her blind rage. Kagome, herself, was made more angry by this realization, as the rage itself lessened considerably out of nowhere, as if it were fake. As if Apathy was mocking her. But there was something else, something that made Kagome angrier but at the same time pushed her to restrain her rage. In Apathy, she saw herself. Though she wasn't completely aware of this until only recently, when she'd almost attacked Robin after being bossed around. It was only because what he'd done was so trivial that she was able to restrain herself, but it did help her realize that there was a beast dwelling inside her that she couldn't control.

And yet, Kagome was unable to contain herself. Her blood was boiling, and the mere sight of Apathy made her want to spit. She leapt towards Apathy and, as she did, equipped her buster sword. Apathy stood ready, and just prior to the strike, she raised her sword and quickly shouted "MEGI-" Her sword art was interrupted as Kagome's large sword dematerialized and in her hand appeared a much more slender One-Handed Sword, which Apathy was only given time to gasp at. Kagome spun from her leap by jumping into a sudden, skillful spin and, with a grunt, stabbing Apathy in the gut. Wasting no time, Kagome put her foot on Apathy's chest and pushed her off of the blade of her sword, Apathy's body hitting the ground with a quiet thud and pitifully rolling on the ground before coming to a slow, silent stop. Kagome raised an eyebrow as her adversary lay motionless. It was as if she were dead, even though she wasn't, considering she hadn't faded into a glorious display of particles. It was no matter, though. Kagome understood her pain, she knew Apathy well. Apathy was likely unable to move from a broken heart or shock that Kagome was willing to kill her- that was what Kagome assumed. With this in mind, Kagome did seem like something of a villain, even to herself, but her rage burned hot enough that she didn't mind if she had to be the bad guy for a day. She'd justified her actions as morally right prior to arriving at the boss' lair.

She starting walking toward her fallen foe to send the final blow. She walked slowly with a cold, dark expression on her face. Kagome had no remorse for Apathy. She switched back to her Buster Sword. She raised her sword above her and pointed it skyward. The sword was heavy, but it was nothing compared to her previous sword and certainly nothing compared to Meteor Blade. She stood ready to strike, when Apathy spoke. "Do you really want to see your sister dead so badly?" she said in a somber voice.

"I don't have a sister," Kagome replied, "and I have no interest in these bonds that you've built in your head. You're delusional, and not one ounce of me regrets the pain I've dealt you. As far as I'm concerned, I'm doing you a favor."

"I see," Apathy started to push herself from the ground with a grunt. "And here I thought you were starting to understand." Kagome simply looked down at Apathy. It wasn't so much that she didn't see Apathy as enough of a threat that letting her up would do her little hard; rather, it was that she knew the girl was fully capable of repelling her as she did before. Ironically, she had the advantage lying down. Apathy finally raised to her feet and stood face to face with her sister. The two stared daggers into each other's eyes. "Seems like you understand less about yourself than I thought. If only Godot could see you now." At this, Kagome's eyes shot opened and her muscles tensed. She slashed downward, her sword hitting the ground with a crash, and Apathy being even closer to Kagome, in the gap between her grip and her chest. At this point, the two girls were at such a close distance to each other that it was a wonder they weren't touching.

Kagome, gritting her teeth, spitefully growled, "How the hell do you know my brother?"

"We're close." Apathy looked down, and then back up. "He gave me back what you stole from me. I completely understand why it is that you call him your brother, because he treated me as if I was his little sister, and cared about me in the same way, too." She looked away. "Or at least he gave me the five seconds of his time that I needed to realize that I should give a damn about things. He's the reason I'm here." Kagome's grip tightened. She released one hand from her buster sword and switched to her tanto, Fool's Blade, quickly crossing her arms across her chest and yelling "Dual Cross!"

A second blade materialized in her left hand and she dashed forward. However, she felt no resistance. As she stopped, her blade dematerialized, and she looked behind her to see her sister nonchalantly drinking a potion. "That girl...Tara, was it? She and I had a long talk while you were asleep," Apathy said, throwing the bottle, it bursting into a brilliant array of pixels before hitting the ground. "She had a lot to say. She was really worried about you. She told me how you lost consciousness she told you she didn't love you, she told me about your relationship with Godot, she told me about how nice you were...and she told me about us-" she stopped. "You and me, that is. That girl really likes to talk." Kagome turned around. "But listening to her go on and on about you made me truly realize just how unfortunate your existence is. Honestly, I don't blame you for any of this. I don't blame you for wanting to kill me, and I don't blame you for tearing your ties with me back then. You didn't mean for any of this to happen."

Kagome leapt forward once again and stabbed at Apathy. The younger sister sidestepped quickly, her blade meeting and skidding alongside Kagome's. Freeing one hand, Apathy quickly crouched and unleashed and uppercut, her fist crashing into Kagome's jaw, lifting the already ungrounded warrior slightly further into the air before punching her into the stomach and, with her fist still in place, smashing Kagome into the ground. "I wasn't done speaking," Apathy said nonchalantly. She jumped backwards to create some distance between the two should Kagome strike again. "As I was saying, your anger comes from your dependence on love. Or companionship. Regardless, you care too much, and when your brother-" Apathy stopped herself. She was close to saying "When your brother died", but she quickly remembered that there were extenuating circumstances behind his disappearance. "...When your brother was lost, you broke. He was your other half, and you could barely take care of yourself on your own. That's why you always clung to others. That's why you clung to me after Alistair disappeared, and that's why you cling to Godot now." She looked away. "I'm sure Godot knows this, but he disregards it because he's trying to protect you. He indulges in being your brother because you won't put yourself and others in danger because an angry you puts most infamous PKs to shame." Apathy raised her sword. "But that type of coddling isn't healthy. Tara knows that, and that's why she's frank with you. I know this, and that's why I'm fighting you right now."

Kagome stood up and raised her head condescendingly. "You done?" she said dismissively. "That's cute and all, but-"

"SHUT UP!" Apathy interrupted. Kagome's eyes widened as she was hit by a wave of emotion. Apathy's voice far from monotone, and Kagome felt...something in with those mere two words. "You hear the truth in my words, and you know they're true!" Tears welled up in Apathy's eyes and quickly made their way down her face in streams. "Since we started this fight, you've been projecting your own insecurities onto me! You called me delusional for creating bonds, and yet you consider Godot to be your brother to the point that you actually believe that he is! You weren't even able to identify my false anger as a reflection of yourself, but you did see yourself in me and it sparked something in you! I don't know how, but you've really bruteforced this idea that I'm some type of monster and that you're justified into killing your own sister because of this sick devotion to your brother and your insecure fear of being alone! Despite all this, you don't even care that I..." Her words shook. "I LOVE YO-".

Before she could finish, Kagome was upon Apathy. She'd messed up, she'd lost herself in her speech and torrent of unusual emotions and forgot to pay attention to a rather dangerous foe. And yet, her health bar hadn't gone down. In fact, Kagome's weapon wasn't even drawn. No, rather, it seemed Apathy's face was buried in Kagome's chest, and she was enclosed in Kagome's warm embrace. "Hitomiko."

"H-huh?" Apathy stuttered, still unsure as to what was going on.

"The name Hitomiko, it's obviously not Italian," Kagome started. "Honestly, I think that's what started this whole thing. Mom and Dad didn't have any expressed interest in Japan and people would always tell us how we didn't look alike. But my family was very close knit. Mom was the type to always get us to do things as a family. She would coddle us and treat us like babies well after it became embarrassing. You had Dad, who would watch TV with us no matter how boring it was for him, and you had Alis- Van. Van was really important to me because he treasured me above all else. He really was a hero in my eyes." Apathy could here pauses and sniffles in Kagome's speech. She was crying, no doubt, just as Apathy was. "That's why I could never come to terms with his death, and that's why I get angry so easily- it's a coping mechanism. I never really noticed it until...well, maybe I've known about it all along. When I get that angry, I don't have to deal with anything else. When you told me you were my sister...that was all me. Family was my everything, and being told that my life up to now was a lie was blasphemous to me. I couldn't control myself..." She stopped, and she released Apathy from her grasp, stepping back.

"No...no that's a lie. I could control myself, and that's what makes this all truly unforgivable. Even though you were by my side all this time...even though you said you loved me when you cast out all emotion...even though you provided for me what I needed most and I rejected you...even though I crushed you and even tried to kill you...you continued to pursue me, as if you wanted your feelings to reach this girl who just might be your sister." Kagome found it difficult to look Apathy in the eyes. She kept her eyes trained on the ground and tightly balled her fists. "And all the while I called you a monster and insulted you mercilessly, even though you are far more worthy of being called 'sister' than I am. I...I can't..." She found herself almost unable to speak. Grief had overcome her, and the tears she shed seemed as if they could fill a river. She equipped her tanto and started stabbing at her arms.

Apathy and the onlookers gasped, shocked at her sudden self-inflictions. Kagome stabbed wildly, as if to punish herself for her deeds. She continued to keep stabbing until finally she went for her neck. Of course, Apathy wouldn't allow this. "Empty Sky! Apathy, who'd run towards Kagome after overcoming the shock of her stabbing herself, flipped her sword around in her hand and then slashed into the air, aiming only for the tanto. Upon hitting it, the tanto flew from Kagome's hands. Apathy then grabbed Kagome by the neck and forced her to the ground. "What the hell are you doing! I need to die! Even as just an acquaintance I shouldn't be able to live for what I did to you! Just let me-" Kagome equipped her One-Handed Sword and waved it, as if to scare Apathy off, but she was unfazed.

"If you want to pay for what you did, then don't die during the boss fight," Apathy said calmly. "I told you that I love you, and if anything were to happen to you," her voice returned to being monotone, "I'll kill myself." Kagome dropped her sword and wiped the tears from her eyes. "After all, how would I ever be able to face Godot again if you died. Tara, even moreso. The only thing I want from you right now, is a single phrase. Do that, and you'll be forgiven." Apathy released her hand from Kagome's neck and stood up, putting her hand out. "But that can wait. For now, we have to defeat this boss." After a few moments of hesitation, Kagome wiped her eyes again and, with a smile, took Apathy's hand and rose to her feet. At this, the onlookers clapped, as if they were watching some sort of TV drama that had reached a satisfying conclusion. The two sisters blushed and, hands held, walked towards the boss' inner lair.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    oz4l0Yp.png
    .W I S P _______ HP:85% | EXP:37% | Col:15,500 | FLOOR 3

When she spoke, the strange player turned toward her and greeted her with a bright smile. Wisp was somewhat surprised by this; why was he in such a good mood? He was definitely odd, to say the least. The boy explained that he simply wanted to see what's on the other side of the wall, hence he decided to climb it. Wisp flinched when he suddenly took out his weapon and slashed at the wall, but he stopped when the «Immortal Object» signed came up. ''Guess my curiosity is confirmed!'' he said with another smile.
    The player introduced himself as Mamoru, aka 'crazy guy who thinks a wall is nothing'. He laughed and added: ''You think I'm crazy, and I don't need to end that in a question!'' Wisp laughed nervously. She did think he was strange, but was it that obvious? ''Well, you did just run into a wall out of your free will... And if you want to see what's beyond it, couldn't you just look at the map?'' she replied.
    ''So, anyway... Mamoru.'' She stuck out her hand to shake his, but stopped when it occurred to her that she knew him from somewhere. ''Wait... Weren't you in a duel just now?''​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 17

As soon as Robin asked her about a time Lucina started panicking. She never thought futher than this as she thought she wouldn't even get this far. "U-Uhm..." Lucina opened the menu with her right hand and took a quick look at the time. "I-It's 10 pm now... I'll have to get ready so what do you think of... 11.30 pm...?" Lucina adjusted her hood so he wouldn't be able to see her red face. This was embarrassing and somehow humiliating too. "If you think that's too late you can also come by at 11 pm. I should be in my inn room by then." Lucina quickly added and tried to regain her cool. Somehow this reminded her of high school.

"Hey look, isn't that the daughter of that boss...?" Lucina heard a few girls talking behind her as she walked down the path from high school to her home. Wearing her school uniform already made her feel uncomfortable and having these girls behind her and talking about her didn't really help. "You mean that boss of that weapon company?" the other girl replied to her friend with brown tied up hair. "Yeah! Better not get near her... we might get in trouble." the brown haired girl shouted a little loudly. "I heard she's socially awkward so don't worry. Why would anyone want to be friends with such a weirdo anyway?" the other girl laughed loudly. Other students heard it too and joined the laughter.

Lucina snapped out of her memory and took a deep breath while waiting for Robin to see if he'd agree with the time.

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
    «Falchion» [equipped]

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • Drakath - Level 15 - Exp 50% - 17,593 Col - Floor 3

Christopher_Sayo_Older_zpscbe056e1.jpg

After a moment of silence Drakath and Sakurza dashed forward. Drakath dashed through Zaxemira 3 times in slices, while at the same time, Sakurza sliced her with a dash and performed 3 slashes. Drakath did a small jump, kicked off Zaxemira into a back flip, and while still in the air, dashed through her with a diagonal slice. Immediately after that Sakurza jumped up, wrapped her legs around Zaxemira's neck, and threw her to the ground with a twist. Zaxemira's sword skill activated just after she stood up. She bashed Sakurza back, slashed Drakath 5 times, stabbed him and kicked him down off the blade, swept Sakurza's legs with her shield, making her drop her sword, and stabbed her 2 times as she fell.

Zaxemira walked over to Drakath, kicked his sword away and lifted her sword. "Time to die." she said in a sinister voice. Drakath couldn't move, No, I can't. Not today, not by the hands of a murderer. Sakurza rolled over and looked at them. When she tried to move she realized her leg was stuck. Zaxemira swung her sword down, "No!" Sakurza exclaimed. Drakath experienced an almost instant adrenaline spike. It was like time slowed down, he rolled over backwards, kicking Zaxemira's sword into the air. He dashed forward, grabbed her arm, and threw her shield off. He slid around her and grabbed Sakurza's sword. Zaxemira's sword hit the ground tip first and shattered into polygons, so she picked up Drakath's sword. They both dashed forward at extreme speed. The swords hit each other so hard that they both exploded sending both of them flying backwards. A very loud metal chime-like sound was made when they shattered.

Rocks started falling from the ceiling and the room started rumbling. A pillar holding the ceiling collapsed. Drakath ran to Sakurza and lifted the rock off of her leg. Zaxemira ran out of the room and a pile of rocks from the ceiling fell in front of the entrance behind her. Drakath helped Sakurza up and saw a part of a wall collapse, "This way!" he said, raising his voice so that she could hear him. They ran through the hole and saw a staircase, as they ran up it, the cavern began collapsing behind them. When they reached the top, a doorway fell in front of them, they turned left and ran down a hallway that seemed to go on forever. As they ran, the floor collapsed and they screamed as they fell down into the dark abyss.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Turnip
    HP 100% | LV. 15 | XP 81% | Col 14112
    Location - Floor 4: Lobria

Having sold his built-up unneeded loot, Turnip stood staring at the NPC shopkeeper before him. He was currently on the lookout for a new set of armour – either that, or preferably the materials required to make one – and he hadn't currently been all too successful in his findings. He could fairly consistently find the obvious leather strappings and such, but more complex materials he needed to find for actually decent sets of adventure-wear that served his needs from both a defence and design standpoint seemed few and far-between. Of course, actual sets of armour he had access to buy were occasionally better than his own. In general, however, they 'looked pretty sucky' as far as the helmeted player was concerned. Looking badass was supposedly high on the agenda; though those particular requirements seem to completely ignore the fact that he openly calls himself Turnip, and so a lot of potential badass factor tended to be rendered a bit moot after that.

The armoured figure often found himself captivated by the solidness of the mobs and NPCs in SAO. How Kayaba could be such a magnificent pioneer of artificial intelligence, and yet such an amateur in terms of some other elements of game design was something of a perplexing notion. Turnip had, of course, considered that bugs like the bleeding status could have been included intentionally under the façade of a bug, so as to challenge the game's players – other things, however, were a little less obvious to the untrained eye. That was neither here nor there, however – Turnip's current shenanigans had him perched on the counter of the store, the back of his trench coat falling slightly below its edge, continuously poking the store's owner in the side of the face. The reactions were as mechanical as they had to be, but nevertheless leagues above the variation in most modern RPGs; which said a lot, considering the game was an MMO.

A jingling sound came from behind Turnip as a customer entered. "Erm… hello?"

"Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiip!" Turnip exclaimed, dropping backwards off the counter and landing on the ground behind him with a heavy thump. He trained his gaze upwards to the would-be shopper, who winced and eyed him with a look of supreme confusion.

"Are you… alright?" They asked.

"Fine," Turnip replied. "No problems here. All good. Squid away!" And with that said, the armoured figure used his feet to propel himself along the ground – not unlike a jellyfish, or the squid he'd mentioned, though on the whole far less natural owing to him not actually being a squid. Or, for that matter, a jellyfish.

Having gradually pushed the door open with his head, leaving the customer inside to recover from the initial shock, the helmeted player found his way outside before pushing up onto his hands and jumping to his feet. Lobria was quite the busy place at the moment, it seemed; a few decent-sized crowds formed and dispersed, some staying longer than others, and all around people were shopping for food, equipment and various miscellaneous goods. The ambient sounds of footsteps and chatter were as expected, but the added clangs of steel-on-steel were a surprise – though nonetheless, a welcome addition to the floor's noise as far as Turnip was concerned. Something was obviously going on, made all the more apparent to him by a teenage boy approaching him from his left.

"Hey, you!" He announced, "I challenge you to a duel!"

A group some few meters behind the kid snickered quietly – no doubt friends of the aspiring duellist. Seemingly there was some kind of duelling craze going on at the moment.

The vegetable-themed warrior blinked, before raising one eyebrow and shaking his head in slight confusion. "Are you f- are you serious?"

The boy nodded, determined, and Turnip merely shrugged in response. Who was he to deny the wishes of a poor, witless, defenceless child? The armoured figure pressed the 'accept' button almost the moment it appeared, drawing his sword in the other hand. The waiting time for Turnip was spent in silence, the armour-clad warrior swinging his sword about nonchalantly and faintly humming the Spongebob Squarepants theme, of all things. As the counter clicked to one the swinging of Turnip's sword was brought to a swift yet abrupt end, the stance the helmeted player took being something of an unsettlingly serious and menacing contrast from what it had been moments prior. 'Spongebob jukebox' to 'killer with a sword' was something of a shock to behold, and Turnip's opponent flinched as the timer hit zero and the duel began.

The teen's first strike was parried with ease, Turnip's 'Daedric Bow of Flames' wrenching the scimitar free of the child's hands with its cross-guard. The armoured figure moved fluidly in towards the teen, using his sword arm to lift up the boy and throw him against a nearby wall. He raised his sword above his head, and the teen covered his eyes.

"Bink," Turnip said, poking the child's foot with his sword. He sheathed the weapon, all traces of the silent malice he had borne gone, then quickly turned to leave, dismissing the victory message as soon as it popped up in front of his face. "G G, no re."

"Damn, dude, you got wrecked in two seconds…" One of the teen's friends laughed.

"Hey, come back here!" The duelist called from the ground. "Rematch!"

Turnip waved with the back of his hand, refusing to stop. "I said G G, no re. That's a thing," He paused to murmur to himself. "That was… kind of cruel, in retrospect. Oh well. Note to self: probably a bad idea to waste time beating the crap out of kids. And with no benefit to money or experience, no less. I should probably do… a thing."

And with that, Turnip set off to do… a thing. Whatever 'a thing' was supposed to be.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 12

Spoiler:

At around 11:30. That's kind of late. Not that late though. Robin thought it over, wondering if he can still fit in some time for training or finding a new weapon. Maybe a new weapon right now. He still has some time to shop, with enough Col hopefully. Robin picks up his head, facing Lucina's direction, "I think that time could work. 11:30. I guess I still have enough time to get what I need here." Robin scratched his chin & looks back at the counters. "I'll see you later then."

Robin walks away with a wave, eager to check out the merchandise. I wonder if their are any swords that can outmatch my own. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Let the browsing begin.

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

Check my map? Booring~ Well, I could do that, but since the wall is immortal, i doubt there's even anything beyond that. "Ha ha!" Just as the girl put out her hand, she somehow recognized me. Guess she some me dueling with Robin. "Yes & no," I replied. I put my fists on my hips, acting high & mighty, & speak with a deep voice, "It was a great battle. A battle between lifelong friends. A never-ending grudge between man &...other man. He never ceases to amaze me with his ultimate skills as a swordsman. One can only dream of even meeting this man."

I stopped suddenly. "...W-wait! Let me try that again!" I panicked then started over again. "It was the duel of the century. I have faced that man before in my time, & it is always fierce. I am a valiant warrior, only dreaming of one thing: to outmatch my rival. I face him alone at every turn, & everytime, I give it my all. We always somehow manage to stay equals..." I stopped again... Messed up!

5 minutes later...

"...under the covers of the shadows. In the end however..." I let go of my heroic posture into a lazy guy picking his ear. "...I lost." I finish picking my ear & give a bright smile. "How was it this time? Ignore the way I ended my story & imagine it was good."

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• Enrique and Mjoll, Featuring Khawill as Kai
    Lobria: Markets → Lone Tree Dungeon

After five minutes, I became bored. I messaged my friend Garrot for something to do. After a few more minutes, he sent me information for a quest under the lone tree. I hopped to my feet and began to ran toward the teleporter, accidentally crashing into a couple walking in the same direction. "Oh, my bad." I said with an apologetic smile.

Enrique was walking towards the teleporter, looking forward to some relaxation, when he was suddenly rammed into by a random guy and knocked straight into Mjoll, who responded with a "Hey! Careful, man!" Enrique stood straight and apologized quickly before turning his attention to the guy who'd bumped into him, and once Mjoll realized that it was that guy's fault and not Enrique's, she did the same. He faced them and gave his own apology with a smile.

"Don't worry about it, dude," Enrique answered him with a broad smile.

"You should really watch where you're going, though," added Mjoll, herself already having gotten over it. "This game has some really edgy people you probably don't want to piss off."

I laughed, "I think it is a lot more fun to see who has moxy and who is passive." I looked the two of them up and down, "You two don't look like weaklings, at least, not right now. Are either of you in a guild by any chance?"

"Nope," Enrique said concisely. "Most guilds I've seen have things like leveling quotas, or item collection quotas, or whatever. I kinda like just being able to do whatever I want." Enrique looked towards Mjoll for her answer.

"Me neither," said Mjoll. "Why do you ask? Are you a recruiter?"

"Recruiter?" I shook my head, "I am the founder and leader of the guild Stars of Aincrad! Were a bunch of freelancers, and the guild's only criteria is spirit!" My voice got more energetic and boisterous, and when I said the guild name I pointed toward the heavens, and then poked the boy in his chest when I said spirit.

Enrique's grin grew wider. "I like the sound of that! You seem like a cool guy. I'll keep you guys in mind, but I can't make any promises." Again, he looked towards Mjoll. She didn't really like the way he kept making her answer all of the guy's questions, but she kept quiet about it.

"Aren't you a little too relaxed for a 'spirit'-centric guild?" She commented to Enrique with a nudge before answering the leader guy, whom she found rather over-the-top. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to a guild yet. I have to admit that it does sound interesting, though."

"We have some quiet guys. When I say spirit, I don't mean having tons of energy." I made a fist and placed it on my chest, "Its all in here. If you have the courage to press forward, and the moxie to do what you think is right, then you would fit in with our guild. Spirit is all about aiming high, and going for it as far as I am concerned." I stretched, "I respect your decision to decline the invitation though, where are you two heading?"

Mjoll couldn't help but chuckle. The guy's bright attitude was pretty infectious. "We're just on our way to chill for a bit on floor two," she said. Enrique nodded in confirmation.

"I'm heading down there myself to do a quest, say..." I looked the two of them over again, "Are you two interested in going with me? The reward is 30% xp, some potions, and a Christmas turkey! I'd be willing to let you two have the reward." The experience was the only thing that I cared about, and something to do, "I also kind of want to see you guys fight."

The pair looked at each other for a moment before shrugging in unison. "Sure, why not?" answered Enrique. "We were going to rest after some training we were doing on floor 3, but I think it would be better to enjoy some well-earned turkey while we do! Also, I'm always up for getting to know new people!"

"Count me in, too!" Chimed Mjoll. "Enrique over there didn't make for very good practice. I can try out my new axe on some monsters, instead. And by the way, I'm Mjoll."

"Call me by my real name, Kai." I said, "Nice to meet you both." I took lead and the three of us walked to the lone tree.

Upon arriving, I checked the details of the quest again,"We have to find a reindeer named Rudolf in a dungeon around here. We also have to take care of 5 Tauros and salamander warriors." I closed my menu and drew my sword, "Sounds simple enough. Mjoll, you look like you have spunk, you want to take lead?"

Mjoll pulled her axe off her back, but did so with a slight sigh. "As much as I'd love to take the lead, I think it'd be best if Enrique took the lead. He's got the searching skill to check for chests and traps and stuff, and he's also a lot faster than me if we ever find the need to scout ahead."

Enrique equipped his dagger and buckler, flipping the dagger in the air a couple of times for fun before asking, "On that note, what sorts of skills do you have, Kai?"

"Night Vision, Battle healing, tracking." I replied, "My combat skills are rather high though, oh, my level is 15 if you care at all. Lead on Enrique."

"Got it," said Enrique with a thumbs-up before walking into the dungeon. They wandered around for a bit, passing a few other parties training or exploring. The early areas of the dungeon were mostly clear because of other players, but Enrique figured Rudolph would probably be deeper in anyway.

They continued onward, Enrique keeping his eyes peeled, when he spotted a trio of Taurus standing guard in front of the opening to a narrow hallway, presumably leading into another area. Enrique looked back to the others and said, "Well, the quest said to take down five of these. I think we can take 'em."

Mjoll stepped forward and raised her axe over her head, letting it glow a pale blue for a couple seconds before slamming it into the ground in front of her. Suddenly, a shining pillar of light shot up from the ground yards away next to the trio of Taurus and slammed right into one of them, pushing it away from the others. "Alright, let's do this!"

With the encounter initiated, Enrique rushed forward quickly, charging straight towards another of the Taurus. It swung its hammer at him, but Enrique slid under it, a skill gained from much soccer, before giving it a quick stab with his Sting Sword Art. "Hey, over here!" Having provoked it, Enrique jumped back several steps, separating yet another from the group. "I'll keep this one busy until one of you guys can finish it, okay?"

"Roger!" Shouted Mjoll before she turned to Kai. "Since he's got the one on the right, I'll get the one on the left. You okay with mid, Kai?"

"I'd be ready if you told me to get all of them." I said with a grin. I began to feel the energy build up. I drew my sword and pointed it toward the ceiling, I began to glow red and then swung the sword down hard, taking away a significant amount of health from the Tauro. I sliced it a few more times until its health was low and then allowed it to attack me and drain my health. I watched my health drop to critical before finishing off the monster. I took a quick health potion and laughed. I looked over to Enrique who was still fighting his monster. I took a peek at his level, and realized how much lower he was than the monsters.

After blocking an attack from the hammer of the Taurus she was fighting, Mjoll spun around and delivered a cleaving blow right at her opponent's neck, taking away a large chunk of its health. Not wanting to lose momentum, she continued her spin and came around for another attack. Against a faster opponent it would have been a risky move, but it paid off against the Taurus. Her second sweep had added momentum that made it stronger than the first and hit before the monster could counter, successfully defeating it. She turned and saw that Kai had also defeated his foe.

Enrique was still taunting his enemy, dancing around its hammer while jabbing at it with his dagger repeatedly. It didn't seem like he was in any real danger, but it would be a while before his pokes took down the Taurus. Of course, his usual role was to keep the attention of as many enemies as he could to make the battle easier on his allies, not to actually deal any damage. Mjoll rushed up to the distracted Taurus and delivered a powerful chop right into its back. "What took you so long?" Asked Enrique jokingly as his blade glowed yellow for a lightning-fast jab into the monster's eye.

"Hey Kai!" Called Enrique. "You want to finish this guy or do I leave it to Mjoll? I mean, I could do it too if you want, but I don't think you wanna wait that long."

"Mjoll can handle it." I said with a grin, "You two are together, so it's natural that you share right?"

"Well there's nothing stopping you from being one of us, right? Anyway, finish him, Mjoll!" Shouted Enrique, blinding the Taurus by hitting its other eye before backing away. Mjoll pulled her axe out and backed away as well before raising her axe above her head for the same sword art as before. The Taurus could only swing wildly without its sight, not hitting anyone. This gave Mjoll plenty of time to charge her attack.

"Take that!" She shouted when she finally brought it down, forming a light pillar that drove itself straight between the Taurus' legs, defeating it. With the battle over, each received a results screen listing their experience and item rewards. "I'm liking this axe," commented Mjoll as she closed her results.

Enrique was going to say something when he noticed something in the distance. Namely, a small red light. Anyone who was familiar with the story of Rudolph could guess that the light belonged to the titular reindeer. Something had to be wrong though, for them to find him so soon, so Enrique made sure to look around the area carefully with his Searching skill. He managed to notice something on the floor right at the entrance to the hallway under false flooring. His skill unfortunately wasn't high enough to tell exactly what sort of mechanism it was, whether it was a pitfall, a spike trap, or a wall that would seal them in.

"Guys, I think Rudolph is past there, but something seems off. There's a mechanism on the floor there, though I don't really know what it is." Suddenly, he got an idea. He walked to the side a bit and picked up a rock off the floor. "I'm going to throw this in there. Get ready for whatever happens, okay?" Mjoll nodded, and Enrique tossed the rock. Immediately after the rock went in, a stone wall began rising out of the ground to seal the corridor. He guessed it was meant to trap them inside, but if they didn't move it looked like they'd be stuck outside. "Well, it's now or never!" With that, Enrique vaulted over the rising wall and into the hallway.

As Mjoll moved to follow him in, Enrique saw that the red light suddenly sped in a different direction. "He's running!" Enrique alerted his companions before dashing towards it. "I'll stay on his tail!" Running as fast as he could without waiting for his team, he followed the light in the dark hallway. After a bit, he was met with a group of five salamander warriors in a more open cave area that leapt down from the ceiling in an ambush. He took a hit from one of them, but with some fancy footwork and good use of his buckler he managed to weave his way through them and continue his pursuit of Rudolph. The warriors did not follow.

Back at the now-sealed entrance, Mjoll looked over at Kai and said, "We probably shouldn't leave him on his own too long at his level. He's fast, but there's not much he can do once he gets tired." I nodded and with that, we started down the hallway as well.

We came across the five salamander warriors, "This should be easy to beat, it may take a minute though. Can your boyfriend hold out?"

Mjoll looked at Kai with a scowl and a slight blush. "I figured that's what you meant by 'together' back there, I just hoped to god I was wrong. I mean, sure we're together, but we're not, you know, together together. Just friends who happen to make a good team. Not that there's anything wrong with him, I just-" Mjoll stopped mid-sentence and, after a short pause, sighed. "I'm talking too much. Let's go." She gave him a slight smile so he would know she wasn't mad. It was an easy mistake to make the way they were strolling around.

"Anyway, we stocked up on potions before coming here. He should have enough to hold him for a while if things do go bad." Admittedly, Mjoll was a little worried about him, but she couldn't do anything about it except fight here and now. "Make sure to watch my back!" she shouted to Kai, running into the fray. She swung her axe at the salamander farthest to the right, and though it blocked her attack it was still tossed aside, letting her target another one that leapt at her from the other side. There were still three behind her. Kai would need to take care of those, as there was no way she could fight all five at once. She wasn't sure how she felt about putting her life in the hands of a guy she just met, but trusting a stranger worked out well in Enrique's case so maybe her luck would hold out.

I was not far behind her as she charged in, "Hey don't worry about your relationship, I got tons of just friends that are girls. I'm kind of a romantic haha." I nonchalantly block an attack to her from behind and used my sword art to cut one of the salamander men down. "Look for the star the best suits you I say." I blocked another attack from our side and then stopped, "We could probably kite these guys to Enrique no?"

"I'll try whatever if it helps us regroup faster!" Answered Mjoll as she sliced through a salamander warrior's abdomen, splitting it in half and killing it. There wasn't a moment of rest before the other warrior lunged at her again. "We'll do it on your call, okay?" She knocked the foe aside, but kept her eyes on it.

I nodded, "Keep running forward, kill in front, I'll run backwards and kill the ones behind us." I stabbed a salamander man, taking it down a quarter of its health, "I'm much faster with my weapon, and yours does much more damage, so this should keep us moving." I turned around and put my back to hers, "Go, go!" I was excited.

Mjoll nodded, though she flinched when Kai put his back against hers. She didn't expect him to get so close. It didn't matter though, since she had a job to do, so she gripped her axe and rushed forward, running towards the next area. Two other salamander warriors moved to block her path. "Can't let you do that," she said, spinning the axe in her hands while it begun to glow a blue-green color. She swung horizontally at both of them, but the moment she reached the end of her swing, the double-bladed axe swung back in the direction had come with the exact same speed. This was her Mirror Slice art, one that helped cancel out the long delay between swings that usually came with heavy weapons with an instantaneous second one. While the strikes weren't enough to kill the warriors, they were knocked out of her way, and with their health as low as it was now they might as well be dead already. Without a moment to lose, Mjoll sped past the severely injured creatures. I kept up and finished them off as I passed.

After the cave area was another narrow hallway that had several sharp turns before ending in another cavern. This one was much different though, because unlike the other one, the only solid ground was a narrow bridge shooting off from the hallway, and a small circular area in the center. The rest was just a fall into what looked like a bottomless pit. In the center was Enrique standing in front of a reindeer that could only be Rudolph, with two Taurus walking towards Enrique with their hammers raised. It looked like it was a good thing Kai had that plan, because Enrique was definitely in trouble.

Normally a pair of Taurus would be no problem for Enrique, but it looked like this part of the quest involved protecting Rudolph and he couldn't do that and dodge the Taurus' attacks at the same time. "Enrique!" called Mjoll, before letting out a loud yell in the form of her Howl skill to attract the attention of the monsters. It worked, and they turned towards Mjoll and Kai. "You protect Rudolph, Kai and I will handle these!"

"Yes ma'am!" answered Enrique as he climbed on top of Rudolph. "Maybe I can ride him! You know, in case I need some evasive maneuvers, 'cause there's no way I'm lifting him. Aren't these guys like 500 pounds?" Even in the face of danger, Enrique still smiled like he was having the time of his life.

Mjoll couldn't help but smile too. "I can't believe I actually worried about you, ya goof!" She then raised her axe against one of the Taurus, ready to face her foe. "Let's do this, Kai!"

I laughed a bit at the exchange, I found it cute, but I didn't say anything about it and raised my sword, "Lets finish then, and I'll have gifts for you two." I struck down the leftern Tauros and dispatched it quickly.I tossed Enrique a potion, "Reckless kid, you definitely have moxie." Enrique shined a huge grin at Kai's compliment and grabbed the potion, drinking it to heal off what he'd lost in the ambush.

It wasn't much longer until Mjoll had finished off her own enemy, and the trio was left with Rudolph. "Well, that was fun!" said Enrique. "But what now?" He looked down at Rudolph expectantly. Suddenly, the short ceiling of the cavern began to rumble. Enrique looked up in a panic, realizing that he forgot to scan the area with his Search skill, and attempted to figure out just what was happening. He had his answer soon enough, when a large section of the ceiling had opened up into a massive tunnel leading up.

Enrique then felt himself begin to wobble. He had been too busy looking above to notice what was going on below him. Rudolph had begun to sparkle, and was slowly lifting himself off the ground. Enrique couldn't believe he had forgotten that Santa's reindeer could fly! Mjoll stared at the floating animal with wide, incredulous eyes, and Enrique instantly knew that she didn't believe in Santa. He put a hand on his hip and pointed the other to the sky before saying, "To infinity, and beyond!"

Almost as if it was at his command, Rudolph took to the sky, and with a surprising speed, for that matter. The whole way up, Enrique was shouting with glee until his echoey voice faded in the distance. Mjoll looked at Kai and said, "We'd better not be stuck here." Fortunately for them, Rudolph soon came back, ready to take another passenger to the surface. "You go first, Kai." Said Mjoll. "I still have to get over the fact that they actually put flying reindeer into this game.

I laughed and hopped on, "Tear down the heavens!" I called in similar suit to Enrique. We got to the surface and I messaged a friend of mine. "Can you two wait around for a few minutes?"

"Sure, why not?" answered Enrique. Mjoll arrived in time to hear Kai's request as well and nodded in agreement.

We waited for about five minutes and my friend arrived. He pulled out a red cape with a large star and a compass under it that had the north arrow shaded, "Is this what you wanted Kai?" He said.

I nodded, "Looks pretty good! From now on, all Stars of Aincrad will wear this cape!"

My friend nodded, "We will get people to gather the resources. Here are the three you wanted though." I took the three capes, I put one on, gave one to Mjoll, and finally one to Enrique. "You don't have to join our guild directly, but please accept these. You will be recognized as an honorary member as far as I am concerned. You will be helped by any member of our guild, and even offered discounts for our services."

"I...I don't really know what to say…" Trailed Mjoll, staring at the cape with a look of clear happiness in her eyes. She'd never expected a gesture like this out of a stranger, especially after she refused to join earlier.

"I do!" Piped Enrique. "Thanks! You know, Kai? You're a really cool dude, and this is a really cool cape." Not wasting any time he put it on. "I probably won't wear it for combat, but it's good for walking around town. I'm really considering joining your guild, but I'll see if I can't talk Mjoll into it first." Enrique then held up his hands, showing off his many rings. "If you guys ever need some bling, let me know and I'll make you some. I got some cool things from floor 3 this morning that might make for nice effects!"

Mjoll looked up from the cape. "I'll definitely think about it, though I can't be sure until I meet the rest of the guild. Enrique maybe being there might help a bit." She was about to stow the cape in her inventory when she decided that it wouldn't hurt to try it on, so she did, although she couldn't really be sure how it looked on her without a mirror. "Oh, and before I forget…" Mjoll sent Kai a friend request, and once Enrique saw it he did the same.

I accepted both requests and smiled, "Nobody gets into the guild without my approval, and I only take people who are great at heart! We have guild houses in Urbus and Tolbana, although the capes will be new, the symbols on it are ours. Feel free to stop by and chat, drink, eat, or rest there. Oh, and many of us like to fight, try not to look weak!" The last comment was only half jokingly. "So far I am unbeaten in the guild."

Mjoll smiled and said, "Well I'll just have to break that record then, won't I?" Her expression changed to one of surprise when she suddenly got a message. After reading it, her face changed again, this time to one of alarm. "Enrique, remember how I said I could only chill under the tree for a bit, then I had to meet up with some other friends?" Enrique nodded, indeed remembering it. "Well, I kind of lost track of time with this whole quest, and…" She then turned to Kai again. "Sorry, I have to go. Thanks for the quest, and the cape, and everything, really. Bye!" And with that, she was off.

After waving Mjoll goodbye, Enrique looked to Kai as well and said, "I might be able to take you in a first-strike duel, but probably not anything else." After that, he yawned and added, "But I've been looking forward to some r&r all day, so for now I'm going to go chill under the Lone Tree.You're free to join me if you want, but I get the feeling you'd rather find some more action. In which case, I bid you adieu as well. We'll probably stop by your guild hall tomorrow if we have the chance." With that, Enrique gave him a salute and began walking to the Lone Tree. Before he got too far, he shouted, "You can take Rudolph back to Santa, but don't forget to give us our reward when we come visit, okay?" and soon after, Enrique was gone.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 17

"I think that time could work. 11:30. I guess I still have enough time to get what I need here. I'll see you later then." And with those last words said, Lucina watched Robin leave. She couldn't help but notice that it was starting to get easier for him to talk to her considering he stuttered most of the time when they just met. Lucina shrugged the thought of and walked into the other direction. She had to find a shop with ingredients somewhere around here. Lucina didn't have much time to roam around. It was quite occupied in this area too so finding that shop was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Lucina sighed and opened up her inventory. "Might as well get into something more festive..." she went to a nearby alley and traded her blue armor for a feminine and likable white dress. Though, as soon as she tried to leave the alley to vanish into the crowd, two guys walked up to her and kept her from leaving any farther than the entrance. "You're that guy that always wears a hood to hide his face, right?" a slender guy with black hair and a scar across his cheek raised his hand and pushed her shoulder as an action of intimidation. "Never thought he would turn out to be a girl, well... literally then." He finished as his four eyed friend laughed with weird noises at his bad joke. Some players who heard the guy laughing started to pay attention to the conversation. Lucina couldn't blame them... That guy's laugh was pretty funny after all. "I don't know what you're talking about." Lucina sounded just as cold as her eyes were as she glanced at them. "Don't play dumb. You know very well what he means!" the guy with the glasses and funny laugh yelled at her. He was obviously some sidekick. "We recently joined a PK'er guild so I'd be afraid if I were you." The slender guy came closer to try to intimidate her more... which was obviously not working judging from Lucina's very annoyed face. She took a look at their cursors before letting out a small "hmph". Unfortunately she wasn't able to see the name of the guild they had joined.

"What's the matter, are you scared yet?" He said with a creepy smile on his face. Lucina pushed him off and yawned before answering. "Not exactly. Firstly, your cursors are still green so it's hard to believe that you joined a PK'er guild. Secondly, if you did join one it must be a very amateuristic considering you both don't look dangerous to me." "Oh yeah? Well, we were ordered to kill you by our higher ups, what about that little girl?" The slender guy crossed his arms in such a cocky way that Lucina was fed up with those two. "Do you have any proof?" She asked. "Oh heck yes we have. Your pesky friends killed our comrads near the lone tree on the third floor a while ago. A hooded one with white hair, a black haired girl and some other guy with a... helmet? You guys sure like playing the mysterious figure."

What that guy with glasses said made Lucina realize what guild they are from and widened her eyes before shaking her head and glaring at them. "What the heck do they want from me..." Lucina said rather quietly. "Follow us obediently and maybe we'll tell you." The slender guy laughed and gestured her to go first. She hesitated but decided to go anyway because she wanted to know.

"Here left." they leaded her to a more quiet place with an even darker alley. "Geez... this town is full of alleys." Lucina whispered. The guys made her go inside that alley until they reached some wall. They stood in the exit so she couldn't possibly escape. Lucina was getting more aware of the trouble she was getting herself into. "We're inside a safety zone. You can't kill me here." "We can't kill you but we can hurt you with our special little toys." Both of them equipped rather large and strong weapons. One was a long sword and the other one was a battle axe but they had incredible stats... It was not possible to buy these. Someone made these. "Hits from my sword and his axe will hurt you even when your pain level settings are on low." The slender guy laughed like a crazy maniac and charged at her. "Wait a second. You were going to tell me why they were after me!" Lucina said angry. "How should I know? I'm just getting orders." Lucina glared at them. She had been naïve once again. Of course these guys wouldn't know, they were just pawns.

She tried to equip her weapon but before she could even open her inventory, the slender guy already hit her with his sword followed by a blow from an Axe and threw her against the wall behind her. It hurted terribly but Lucina couldn't let these guys get to her. As soon as she stood up the guy with glasses hit her again. "Aaaahh!!" Lucina was trown against the wall again but this time it was harder to get up. "hahaha!!" both of them laughed

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [equipped]
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • Robin - Lvl 12

Spoiler:

There was interesting equipment on display. The NPC Shop Owner had some swords that were a bit higher stat than my own. Robin, however, was more concerned about the weight of the weapon, & find which weapon suited him best. He looks at each sword very carefully, judging the weight it might be. Eventually, one sword caught his eye.

Spoiler:

<<Nightfall>>. The sword's stats were a bit stronger than his own. Robin decides to buy the sword, which was 2000 Col. He sells his old sword to get back some Col. "Now let's see..." Robin steps outside the shop, equips his new weapon, & swings it around. "Hmm..." It is slighly heavier than what he's used to. After swinging the sword a few times, getting used to <<Nightfall>> for battle strategies, then just as he was about to unequip it, he saw Lucina at a glance. She was walking with 2 strange guys, a strange pair. Robin hid against a wall, back turned. "One thing after another..."

Spoiler:

Robin quietly follows them, blending in with a crowd, until they turned towards a dark alley. Thought so. Robin sneaks closely to hear what was gonna happen."...second. ...were going......me...ey wer...after me!" Robin could barely figure out what they were saying. All that Robin could fit in was that Lucina was being targeted. Was it that PK Guild? It's too soon to say, but it was highly likely. It wasn't long until Robin heard sudden noise coming from within. "Dammit...!" Robin runs as fast as he could to where Lucina was getting pummeled. No one loses their HP in a safe zone, but that doesn't stop others from pushing the defenseless around.

Robin saw with his very eyes the two shady & nerd guys beating Lucina up with strong-looking weapons. The site of watching this made him uneasy. It was a rather familiar sensation. Guess Robin's still saving others like he used to. As the two were laughing hysterically, one had an annoying laugh, Robin put on his hood & took out his sword as he cleared his throat. "Y'know, it's not nice picking on girls," he responded. "Those are some nice looking weapons. Too bad you don't know how to use them properly."

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Eldest Sister, Younger Sister, Youngest Sister (AKA Puff)
    Lv. 17, Lv. 12, and Lv. 1||Floor 1 - Open Field

"Godot's gonna kill us," A monotone voice started. "He's definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY gonna kill us."

"You worry too much, little sister," A dignified older sister spoke. "After all, I'm the strongest person alive! There's no way I'll let our little sister get hurt."

"...Hang on..." The younger sister spoke, "...When did I become a part of this family tree that you guys built. The only family I have is you, sis." She thought for a moment. "And mom and dad."

"Really?" The older sister chuckled. "I guess that makes sense, I've seen the way you look at him, so I guess you couldn't be his sister." The older sister's face contorted into a sly smile. "I mean, unless you're into that sort of thing." The younger sister shot the older sister look from the side, then looked back as if her sentiment had made her way across. The older sister smiled playfully. "Oh well, you're young, so these type of feelings tend to arise in relationships like that." The younger sister seemed to ignore her elder and kept her eyesight trained on her target- the youngest sister, who was making popping sounds with her mouth. She certainly wasn't bored, which was really no surprise to the eldest considering she'd never really been outside before. "Man, if he were here, I doubt he'd be able to contain himself. He's really fond of his daughter, and she's looking especially cute right now. Not to mention we're here."

"I'm not his sister, so I don't see why it'd matter." The younger protested.

"You may not see it that way and maybe even he doesn't see it that, but he will treat you that way." Still looking at her with a smile, the eldest knelt slightly and gave the younger a kiss on the cheek, causing the younger to immediately dash back and unsheathe her blade.

"Try that again, succubus." She said with rosey-red cheeks, still not used to her sister's affections. The older sister merely chuckled and drew her largest blade. The two challenged each other to a duel and started at each other when youngest yelled out, "HEY!" The two stopped in place and turned their attention to the youngest member of their group. She seemed to be upset about something which was less than surprising considering the two had entered into their own world.

"What is it, Puff?" The eldest asked standing in place, her sword still in hand. It was as if she was frozen and unable to move, bearing a perfect resemblance of a statue. The young girl, now with rounded cheeks, walked in between the two and said, "You guys said we were gonna play, but all you've been doing is talking!" As she said this, something seemed to be making her way from out of the back of her dress. "When are we gonna play!?" The eldest looked at the youngest from the side to notice something of a surprise: a tail, and an adorably small one at that. The eldest and the younger were well aware of what the youngest was, and in fact it was because of this that eldest nicknamed her Puff. That, combined with the fact that she could be something of a firecracker at times.

Sheathing her weapon, the eldest walked over to the youngest and softly tugged at her tail, causing her to jump. "Stop it, sis! That tickles!" Again, the eldest chuckled and after a few moments, started looking around. She glanced at the youngest for a moment, opening up her stats and assessing.

"It's okay, I won't let anything happen to Puff." Eldest looked back at Younger. "It'll be fine. If bro chews anyone out, I'll make sure you two are left out of it. After all, considering the circumstances, he'll be more terrifying than any monster we might come across out here." Younger shrugged and sheathed her weapon. The eldest continued to scout until she found what she was looking for, a Wild Boar. "Alright, Puff. Today, I'm gonna teach you how to fight."

Youngest put her thumbnail, which was rather sharp, to her teeth and said, "Daddy said that I shouldn't fight. He said I have you, and you're the strongest there is! He said that fighting is only meant for protecting yourself and others, but..." She looked at the boar. "That thing didn't try to hurt me. It looks nice."

"I see...well, you are smart when it comes to people, but it seems you have a ways to go in terms of general judgement," Eldest said, still smiling. "So here's an idea, why don't you try walking up to that boar there." Younger's eyes widened at the prospect, causing her to start forward, but Eldest gave her a stern look that practically turned Younger to ice. After a few moments of hesitation, Youngest swallowed hard and walked over to the boar slowly.

After inching in closely, Youngest smiled and said, "See, I told you he's friendl- URGH" The boar headbutted the young girl, causing her to tumble and fall flat on her back. Younger ran over to help her but the eldest of the sisters, with a booming shout, yelled, "DON'T MOVE!" Again, Younger stopped in place, her eyes darting between her younger and older sisters. Slowly, Youngest rose from the ground and, with tears welling up in her eyes, she dug into her pockets and pulled out some Grapes her father gave her to snack on. "Here," she said, putting her hand out towards the boar. Younger's hands shook, blade shaking in hand, anxious for the boar to hit her sister once more. She was worried about the way her older sister was teaching Puff how to confront danger. That was, until something miraculous happened: the boar ate the berries, and more, Youngest was able to embrace it.

Eldest walked next to Younger and said, "We can't choose how Puff will grow. She's a child, but she needs to develop at her own pace and in her own way. She needs to establish her own way of doing things- we can't coddle that." She looked at Younger. "We also need to recognize what Puff is capable of and make sure she doesn't overstep her bounds. I told you before, that it'd be fine." Eldest smiled even harder. "After all, I'm the strongest there is!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    oz4l0Yp.png
    .W I S P __________ LV:13 | HP:85% | Col:15,500 | FLOOR 3

Wisp retracted her hand back under her cloak as the player in front of her started to described his duel vividly. It reminded her most of recent movie trailers; a deep voice, short sentences - though it sounded a bit silly talking like that in person. Apparently Mamoru realised that as well, because he suddenly stopped talking and said he wanted to try again. Wisp wanted to say it was okay, because she'd seen most of the duel earlier, but he already started again. This continued on for several minutes, with short breaks in between where he stopped and restarted. As it did, Wisp slowly lost her patience, and became a bit annoyed. The explanation had gone on longer than the actual duel did...

When he finally finished, he changed his heroic posture into something more relaxed again, and gave Wisp a bright smile. ''How was it this time? Ignore the way I ended my story & imagine it was good.''
    In turn, Wisp tried to smile back, but her irritation likely made it look more like a grimace. ''Yeah... It sure was an exciting duel, despite lasting shortly.'' She took a step backwards, eager to get out of the conversation. ''Well, since it's getting late... I must be off. It was nice meeting you though. Oh, and a happy new year.'' She nodded in a final greeting before quickly passing by him and continuing on towards the inn she was staying at.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lucina & Robin

Player level 17

Lucina was still laying on the cold floor as she was reviewing her options. She couldn't run away nor could she equip her sword. It was terrifying how it felt like this moment came right out of her memories. The only difference between now and then was that this time, that guy wouldn't save her. He was probably not even inside this game of death. Lucina was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard footsteps coming close really fast. Even these guys in front of her had noticed and turned around. Lucina knew this figure... It was Robin! He lectured the guys about picking on girls but all they would do was laugh. "You can't really call her a girl since she has been acting like a guy This whole time!" The four eyed guy yelled at him. "Seems like we have a knight in shining armor over here..." The slender guy whispered amused. "Well, would you like to take her place mister?" He asked Robin.

Robin sighed. It was clear who had the annoying laugh, but other than that, these guys needed to be dealt with. "Does it matter what gender you really are if you know how to fight? That's my opinion," he replied. They spoke as if this were coming out of a fairy tale. They were issuing, not really fair, a challenge to him, which of course was unavoidable. Robin readies his sword for the battle. "First, I'd like to know the names of my opponents," he asked politely, with a hint of menace.

As Robin spoke the slender guy got annoyed by his attitude. "I'm Trevor, he is Meelo." Trevor pointed at his four eyed companion. "How much I'd like to kick your ass, those were not my orders. I was ordered to hurt her and eventually kill her. So... Meelo, take care of him, please." Trevor turned around to approach a barely standing Lucina. "I'll play with this one until she's unconscious and I have a free pass to her body. They said I could do whatever I wanted to her after all...!" Trevor suddenly got this perverted look on his face. "Got it! Meelo took a place in front of Robin and had that annoying laugh again.

Robin eyed Trevor as he walked towards Lucina. He couldn't see his face, but his words were enough for Robin to feel disgust. Before I can get to Trevor, I have to get past this guy. Robin faces Meelo, who gave off that annoying laugh again. He questioned their sanity, but put that thought out of his head. "I'll let you have the first move. Make it count."

Meelo smiled with confidence and charged at Robin but as soon as he was about to hit him with his axe, he stumbles and falls down face first. "ouch..." he moaned loud enough to have Trevor to pay attention to him. "Get up, idiot!" He yelled as he turned around to face Lucina again. He held the heavy sword above his head and swinged it to hit Lucina. "Like I'd let you..." Lucina used her arm to dodge the sword. No matter how painful it was, it was always better than anywhere else. In meanwhile, Meelo got up and charged at Robin again.

Well, Meelo seems to have a case of the Sumia. Surely he knew he couldn't win like that. Robin sighed and as Meelo charged at him again, Robin stepped mildly to the side, making Meelo run past him and trip. "Try me again when you know how to fight." With that, Robin glares at Trevor, runs right at him with his sword ready. "Touch her again and you die."

Trevor turned around and prepared his sword to dodge Robin's as he was getting closer. "Hmmm... tempting." with that Trevor touched Lucina's face, making her furious and almost breaking his arm. "Ouch! Witch!" He shouted, paying more attention to Robin.

And like that, he was getting a beating. Robin jabbed his sword from the side to Trevor's stomach side, but it seems he wasn't distracted enough. They started trading blows. "You're better than your clumsy friend. Too bad you were partnered with him," Robin taunted. It was true. Really.

"I wasn't partnered with him. That guy is my best friend. Mind your own Business!" Trevor dodged most of the blows Robin trew at him but wasn't able to hit him once with his special sword. "You've been way too noisy! Why would you help her!" Trevor was getting angry and annoyed. He saw Meelo getting up and crawling behind robin so he knew it would be over for him soon.

That actually irritated him. Though, taunting is not Robin's style. Trevor kept blocking his strikes, it was difficult for Robin to land in an opening. "I always save those in need. I'm not just gonna stand aside and do nothing." Robin remained unfazed, never leaving an opening on himself. They lock swords, with Robin pushing against Trevor's sword.

Trevor expected such an answer and only smiled in irritation. He quickly trew a glance at Lucina to make sure she was still on the ground. What he didn't knew was that Lucina was slowly trying to get up. This whole situation was too similar to Lucina and brought up some thoughts by her, she didn't want to be the damsel in distress any longer though. "I despise people like you." Trevor said to Robin as he pulled his sword back and was finally able to trow a blow at Robin in the opening he made.
    "Now, Meelo!" he yelled but before he knew it, the top of a sword was being poked in his back. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." A female voice said behind him. Both Trevor and Meelo stopped abruptly. "If you guys don't want to feel the same pain as you've caused me, that is." Lucina glared angrily at both of them. It was funny how both of them were confident just now but as soon Lucina mentioned "same pain" they started to sweat. "Leave this area. You don't want to feel the pain coming from my sword." They must've thought that Lucina had a special sword like theirs because they immediately ran away with their tails between their legs. "I expected them to leave but not immediately and not like this..." Lucina said, scratching the back of her head.

Robin did not see this coming. Meelo somehow got his footing and just as both he and Trevor were about to land a blow on Robin, they stopped suddenly due to Lucina. She threatened them and they grew fear of her, leading them to escape. Robon breathed slightly worn out, dusting himself off from the battle. His HP didn't go down due to being in town, a safe zone. He sighed, "I should've seen that coming," he said reluctantly.

Lucina took a deep breath and stared at Robin. "Robin, why the heck did you help me?" She sounded a bit like she already knew the answer. She was afraid that a memory from her past literally had happened again, it just ended a bit differently this time. Lucina put away her sword and took a look at the time. It was almost 12 am.

It sounded like Lucina didn't appreciate the help Robin gave. He looks her in the eye & answers, "They wouldn't give you enough time to take out your weapon. Besides, it's not my style to stand aside and do nothing. I already pointed that out." He puts away his new sword & looks at the night sky.

Lucina thought for a bit. She just had to point it out straightly for him to understand. "It's late at night and dark outside. A girl with dark blue hair and a white dress is chased down by a bully. She runs inside an alley and is soon not able to escape anymore. She's frightened and bursts out in tears." Lucina stared at the sky while telling Robin this scenario. She sounded calm yet there was this dissapointed tune in her voice. "Do you remember saving a girl like this a few years ago?" Lucina asked carefully.

Robin didn't understand why Lucina was telling him this story. Robin thought carefully about who he's saved before his entire life. "...That scenario has happened right now, only you didn't cry... I've saved plenty of people my entire life. Though, I think I remember something like that."

Lucina's fear became reality. Robin was indeed that guy. "... years ago me and my family went on a vacation to the U.S ..." Lucina started to explain quietly. "We were staying in a hotel and I would slip outside at night to explore the area around the hotel a bit." Lucina took a deep breath and stared at the cold floor. It was weird to meet him like this and... well, inside SAO. "One night a boy saw this and thought it would be fun to scare me. He chased me all the way down that alley. I was a fragile little girl back then, I didn't know how to defend myself. Then another boy would run towards me... not to hurt me but to save me. He beated the boy up that chased me and got him to leave me alone. All I know is that he had white hair. He ran away before I could get to know him." Lucina spoke, ending with a deep sigh that came from the bottom of her lungs. "I didn't expect to meet you here."

The memory that was part of other memories suddenly erupted from within Robin's mind. This girl, the one he just saved, was that same girl from a long time ago. He pointed, brought it back down and stayed silent. He felt a blush appear on his hidden face. Is she serious...! Robin Didn't know what to think next. He just turned around and didn't say anything.
    It was quiet for a while. Neither of them knew what to say. Lucina wanted to say thanks for just now but couldn't bring herself to say it. "I..." Lucina tried to break the ice. "I hope you understand when I say I don't want anything to do with you anymore." Lucina suddenly said. She was surprised by her own words but if she said them without thinking they must've come from the heart. She started walking away slowly.

Robin didn't know if Lucina said that correctly. Not even a thank you? Normally, Robin didn't care what others thought of him, but with Lucina, he couldn't help but think otherwise. He reached out for her hand and spoke, "Now hold on, that's not-"

"Don't touch me!" Lucina slapped Robin's hand of hers. "You don't understand and you won't understand... you know too much!" Lucina held the hand he touched with her other hand. "I wanted to meet that guy ever since that day! I-I suppose I had developed a slight crush on him... That it's you makes everything so weird and awkward!" Lucina yelled. "I expected him to handsome and kind and-" She stopped for a moment and swallowed her words. "I-I mean... I'm not saying you're not handsome or... wait! That's not what I wanted to say!" She glared at him with tears in her eyes and left the alley in a hurry. Usually she would tell herself she was confused but not this time. She knew exactly what she wanted... or so she thought. The guy she had been hoping to meet ever since that day turned out to be Robin, it was hard for her to accept that...

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [equipped]
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
    January 1, 2023

Happy New Year to all players of Sword Art Online! The ones that hurried to floor 5 have probably noticed that there's a large door in your way. This door is the entrance to a new boss room. Defeating this boss means access to floor 6 so in fact floor 5 is one big boss room floor! The door opens up for the ones tha are brave enough to face it. Just be warned! This boss likes to mess around so don't go alone...

(More information soon!)

Years
  • Aria
    Lvl. 12 | Exp. 35% | HP. 100% | Col. 976
    Floor 4 - Lobria

The sun had long since gone down by the time Aria returned to the inn. "Sun" here being quite the loose term - more like a model of the sun made to give off the right amount of light and move at the right times to give the appearance of a cycling day and night. And it did its job well enough that most people didn't care to make much of a note of the difference, albeit the whole idea of the thing was still a touch unsettling if you thought about it too hard. Which was exactly the kind of thing that Aria was prone to do.

This was also the reason why Aria had taken so long to return after parting with Dragon - aside from her complusion to step into any conveniently-on-the-way armor shops to make sure that whe wasn't possbily overlooking a necesary item of defense. She kept turning the night over in her mind's eye, evaluating it from this angle and that. She had been, perchance, a bit stiff, but better so than to say something horridly offputting, at least. Not that Dragon likely would have paid it much mind - he seemed to be alarmingly relaxed for someone involve in tackling boss monsters. Perhaps it would pay off in the future to purposefully be a bit more laid-back? Aria chuckled to herself - there was something to be said about purposefully unguarding oneself in the interest of security in the long run.

On that note, Aria took a quick look at the the clock hovering just at the edge of her vision. A few minutes to midnight. And she, just a touch further than that long of a walk from the town square. This being the case, she figured it would be just as well that she should join the crowd looking to pop in on the next floor for a look. Couldn't hurt to at least see for herself what kind of environment she would be looking at going forward, even if it was completely out of the question for her to spend any length of time there without a partner or two.

And so she made her way toward the center of Lobria, meandering just enough that by the time that Aria reached the portal at five minutes past midnight, it seemed as though the bulk of the crowd had already dissapated, allowing her to stroll up and activate the device at her leisure.

When she did, Aria found herself alongside a gathering of other players immediately facing a door entirely too large to be practical. Clearly one of the "Boss Rooms" she had heard described, then. At least the more brazen players wouldn't take long to open the way to the sixth tier. Decisively filing that item under the "somebody else's problem" heading, Aria turned slowly in a circle to get a sense of the rest of the floor.

Or, rather, she tried to. It became immediately apparent that there wasn't, in fact, any "rest of the floor" to be had, but that the boss room was instead the sole feature of the area. No simple creatures to be poached for their system-mandated rewards. No quests offering satisfactory equipment to supplement the Lobria shops. Just a great, unknowable, historically-fatal monster.

NOPE.

Aria spun about on her heel and made an immediate course for the portal back to the floors below. She would have to think a bit in the morning on what her course of action would be until the boss was slain, but it would most certainly involve sitting this one out, thank you very much.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • NyBBOW6.jpg

Robin - Lvl 12

Spoiler:

Lucina wouldn't listen to reason & just ran off, leaving Robin alone in the alley. He stood there alone, watching her leave the area. At the same time, Robin heard a chime. It was already midnight. Everything was dark with some light posts. Still, Robin did not move, only stare into nothing. He didn't know what to think. Lucina was that girl from a long time ago. He never expected her to be here, trapped in SAO, at all. When she found out, she couldn't handle talking to him. Robin couldn't figure out what made her regret seeing him after finding out. What can he do now? He knows she has a crush on him now, & so does he...to her, but deep down, he knew he shouldn't get close to anyone. He can't get attached to anyone, to protect them from him or anyone else.

Robin starts walking himself & heads to the teleport gate. "...I can't." He loves Lucina, but maybe it's better they don't talk to each other anymore. It'll save her the trouble, & he can focus on getting stronger to get everyone out of this prison of a game. Once at the teleport gate, he transports himself to Floor 3, then steps into the cold, frightful floor. He was planning on grinding all night until morning. He needs to keep up his training. He spots some Mantis Knights, takes out <<Nightfall>> & charges at them, "Aaargh!!"

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

Looks like the girl enjoyed my heroic story. Awesome! Usually whenever I tell someone my stories, they tell me to stop or just plain leave without me noticing. She says it was starting to get late, which I guess is true. She walks past me & heads on her way. I wave with a bright smile & shout, "If you ever wanna meet again, just look for any bsigns of me doing something unnatural!" Hey, even I know when I do crazy stuff. Judge if you want, I'm okay with that.

Guess I should hit the hay as well. Where's that inn I was staying at again? I check my map & see 3 inns located around the floor. There it is! I extend my index finger & point right at one of the inns. I close my menu & start running off. I give out another smile as I remember something, "Happy New Year, Robin!"

Last edited:
    Back