• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Agreed to cleaning up the OP. I can't believe we have so many people who signed up and never did any thing beyond that....

As for badges, I also agree that we might as well start making our own ones until Cakesu can make more of them herself (glad to see that she's ok with that). So for the people who don't have a badge already, for consistency the badges should be 100x100 and have a transparent background. If ya don't don't know how to do that, just send the image to me and I can fix it up for ya. Send the badge to me, Polar, or Adam so we can add it to the OP.

EDIT: Went and cut some names from the challengers list. But for some reason I can't get the Brawn Badge to have a transparent background =/

Last edited:
    Years
  • Agreed to cleaning up the OP. I can't believe we have so many people who signed up and never did any thing beyond that....

As for badges, I also agree that we might as well start making our own ones until Cakesu can make more of them herself (glad to see that she's ok with that). So for the people who don't have a badge already, for consistency the badges should be 100x100 and have a transparent background. If ya don't don't know how to do that, just send the image to me and I can fix it up for ya. Send the badge to me, Polar, or Adam so we can add it to the OP.

EDIT: Went and cut some names from the challengers list. But for some reason I can't get the Brawn Badge to have a transparent background =/
    You have to save it on PNG instead of JPG :P. I used to use photoshop a lot.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • As for badges, I also agree that we might as well start making our own ones until Cakesu can make more of them herself (glad to see that she's ok with that). So for the people who don't have a badge already, for consistency the badges should be 100x100 and have a transparent background. If ya don't don't know how to do that, just send the image to me and I can fix it up for ya. Send the badge to me, Polar, or Adam so we can add it to the OP.
    I made a rough concept for Xairmo's Waxwing badge. I don't know much about waxwings or why that bird was chosen to represent a dragon/shield badge, so instead I made this.
    1PBXVwL.png

[Edit] Should we update the main thread and make it (more) fancy? With the new icons feature out?

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • EDIT: Went and cut some names from the challengers list. But for some reason I can't get the Brawn Badge to have a transparent background =/

Sri's Brawn badge is too stronk to be manhandled into being transparent obviously

Polar try to stay in touch with me! No challengers as of yet?

Oh shoot, I forgot I had your number to text you. You should be getting 2 challengers actually in the next week or so. Good on you for stickin' about though. Is Lobrix still able to be present as well? I've subbed her a few times now -

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I made a rough concept for Xairmo's Waxwing badge. I don't know much about waxwings or why that bird was chosen to represent a dragon/shield badge, so instead I made this.
    1PBXVwL.png

[Edit] Should we update the main thread and make it (more) fancy? With the new icons feature out?
    Sure, if you wanna spiff up the thread with the new icons Jake made go ahead.

Also I didn't know tat a waxwing was a bird. Thought it was just literally the combination of the words "wax" and "wing"

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • Sure, if you wanna spiff up the thread with the new icons Jake made go ahead.

Also I didn't know tat a waxwing was a bird. Thought it was just literally the combination of the words "wax" and "wing"
    {XD} Well, the badge is unofficially named after a bird, then! A pretty bird, might I add. This is why I usually google names I come up with before deciding on them.
    Sooooo... What's wax got to do with steel then? Same confusion, different reason.

And I'll see what could use some fancy icons, if anything. I'll just get my suit and tie real quick...

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • Waxwing was more of a reference to the Dragon aspect of my gym (Dragons are my favorite and Waxwing was an attack used by dragon slayer Rogue Cheney). I wanted to name it Terragon (the ancient Greek word for Terragon more of less translates to Dragon Plant), but that name was already taken by Charizard Man. Which is why I wouldn't mind assuming that position haha

Edit: I like the idea of a shield for the badge but maybe just make a pair of wings in the middle?

Edit 2: Oh and yes Waxwing is a type of bird. Aren't we all learning so much today! 8D

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • Challenge thread fancied up! Yeah! :t381: I'm getting out of this suit+tie and never wearing it again.

Waxwing was more of a reference to the Dragon aspect of my gym (Dragons are my favorite and Waxwing was an attack used by dragon slayer Rogue Cheney). I wanted to name it Terragon (the ancient Greek word for Terragon more of less translates to Dragon Plant), but that name was already taken by Charizard Man. Which is why I wouldn't mind assuming that position haha

Edit: I like the idea of a shield for the badge but maybe just make a pair of wings in the middle?

Edit 2: Oh and yes Waxwing is a type of bird. Aren't we all learning so much today! 8D
    I can't find anything on Google about a waxwing attack. Are you still talking about Pokemon?

I thought of just wings too, but since you're dragon/steel type, I decided to go with something dragon-like, because wings could more easily symbolise the flying type. But eh, it's your badge, you choose the design. :-)

Waxwings are so pretty! :-D
    BohemianWaxwing.jpg

Xairmo

Years
  • Waxwing was an attack in Fairy Tail, not Pokemon. I like the shield Cuz it represents the Steel aspect and wings on it would be for the Dragon. Good enough for me haha

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Sri's Brawn badge is too stronk to be manhandled into being transparent obviously

Oh shoot, I forgot I had your number to text you. You should be getting 2 challengers actually in the next week or so. Good on you for stickin' about though. Is Lobrix still able to be present as well? I've subbed her a few times now -

Yea we might need to start finding a replacement for Lobrix. I'm down for a challenge next week! My requirement is for challenger to drop me a message so I know, and we as gym leaders can update the "challenge the Prism Leage".

Xairmo

Years
  • I was wondering, how did you determine who would be gym leaders and who'd be elite. Cuz I was thinking we could have a tournament between the leaders - with our gym/elite teams - to decide?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I was wondering, how did you determine who would be gym leaders and who'd be elite. Cuz I was thinking we could have a tournament between the leaders - with our gym/elite teams - to decide?

Wayyy back in the inception of the league, we actually had matches between all the members of each division - the ones with the best records placed as elites, and the next best 6 placed as leaders.

I'm always down for a fun sounding battle like that tho. Dunno if we should try and shuffle the positions too much, but doing it just for the hell of battling would be cool to me.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
  • I think it's about time we update the GL/E4 statuses. Maybe we could have a periodic competition between the League members like we did way back. ("May the Prism games begin" sounds like a motto. Lol.) It would also urge us to remove inactive members, I think.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah we could use to knock a few inactive leaders offa the list.....

But I'd rather not have a whole big tourney thing again. IDK if we really need to shuffle around the positions, and it was a bit of a hassle to do all that when we did it before. But if people wanna battle for fun that's always fine.

Years
  • We can hire some new participants for those available position then make like a small tourney of 10 (6 GL&4 E4) the top 4 will be chosen as elite, and the rest as Gym leader. We divide into a group of 2, in each group will contain 5 members and the top 2 members becomes elite four. How are we dividing the group? Using random numbers for each participants, and then we use a random generator to put the numbers in.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    We can hire some new participants for those available position then make like a small tourney of 10 (6 GL&4 E4) the top 4 will be chosen as elite, and the rest as Gym leader. We divide into a group of 2, in each group will contain 5 members and the top 2 members becomes elite four. How are we dividing the group? Using random numbers for each participants, and then we use a random generator to put the numbers in.
    Do we really need to do this again? The only people we need to check are the new people; we already have an idea how each other is from some of us having challenged the league ourselves. I don't see myself rising to the E4 level yet except by a fluke.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back