• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Tales Of Altaria: A Pokémon Fantasy Adventure [M]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • 9 hours? Oh, I guess I will be seeing the results tomorrow when I come home from class.

also 500th post.

Lumbah_Rye

Here for the fun of it.
    Years
  • THIS IS MY SU FOR THE RP! FINALLY DONE AND JUST BARELY MADE THE DEADLINE! :D

Name: Tycho Landerson

Hometown: Tarzel, Zubekeus Desert, Lysos.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Tycho stands at around 5'9" tall. Should he straighten up entirely, an inch or two would be added to this, as his regular posture is very bent over. His back is slightly crooked, he has a limp as his left knee is busted and generally, judging by the condition of his body, you would not guess him to be only 27 years of age.

His skin is somewhat pale because whilst he enjoys the warmth of the sun, Tycho tends to stick to the comforting coolness of the shade. His brown hair is short and always in a messy state, pointing in every direction or simply just untidy. He has a bit of scruff, though nothing near a proper beard. Most of it is gathered on his chin. His eye is a pale tint of green.

He usually wears a long, worn leather coat that reaches all the way down to his feet and underneath it he wears a brown linen shirt with a tall collar to protect his neck from the cold. His trousers are made of bright cloth, the right leg green, the left leg yellow - mostly for the fun of it and to add a little colour to his person. These bewitching garments are not on full display, however, as he wears thin steel plating strapped to each of his legs, covering the front as a protective means for his poor knee. He also struts around in fine, dark brown, leather shoes, as he is a man with, despite all, some appreciation for the finer things.

As for accessories he wears a glove made of blackened hide and tanned leather on his left hand, extending to a wrist guard made from similar materials and an eye patch covers his left eye (or what's left of it) - all to conceal different scars. Strapped around his waist and torso Tycho has numerous utility belts in which he keeps most of his different pouches and vials, and upon his back he carries a spacious backpack for some of his heavier equipment (though this particular item is more often than not his Pokémon's burden).

Weapon/Fighting-Style:
    - Due to his bad leg, Tycho more often than not supports himself to his walking stick, which he can use as a primitive means of defense, if forced into psychical struggles.
    (Seen in the character picture)

- Should he get into an especially dire situation, he carries a hand-scythe in his belt which is normally used for the gathering of various herbs, but can be used as a close-quarter blade.
    Picture here: https://scytheworks.ca/img/catalogue/s04.jpg

- When it comes to Tycho's main "weapons", he carries with him at all time a rather varied arsenal of brews and mixtures, potions and powders, oils and the likes in small pouches and vials, attached to his number of belts and straps.
    Thanks to his own wit and skill, he has managed to procure the know-how to gather for and conjure a vast number of utilities through the art of alchemy.
    To effectively use these different assets, Tycho has adapted the skill to hurl these and other objects with impressive precision at great distances. (more of this in the skill-section)

Amongst his collection are some of the following mixtures.
    (Not necessarily all of them at the same time. This depends of recent usage and his current stock of ingredients):

Spoiler:

Skills/Magic:
    - Fling (core ability)
    Due to Tycho's arsenal, it is a vital skill to be able to hit things from afar. For that purpose he has developed the ability to throw objects, for example vials, at long distances with great accuracy, which is particularly impressive considering his lack of depth perception.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fling_(move)

- Trick
    Trick is a spell that allows Tycho to deceive others in various ways.
    One way is to create an elusive shroud around himself or objects, causing him/it to appear as something/someone else for a very short amount of time.
    For instance; he can take the form of another Pokémon's Entwined partner to confuse it, or make a boulder out to be himself, standing defenseless to assailants, to cause distraction. The more extensive the illusion, the larger the mana-drain.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Trick_(move)

- Calm mind
    This spell is rather self-explanatory. It can be utilized to calm wild Pokémon or enraged street thugs, though the reason for this being one of Tycho's favorite skills is to soothe his own Pokémon if the need arises. Because although it is usually already very calm, there are a few things that might cause an emotional reaction that is otherwise hard to deal with. The mana-drain of this skill increases depending on how angry/strong the mind is.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Calm_Mind_(move)

- Ominous wind
    As offensive as it is defensive, this spell summons a series of shadowy wind-bursts in an extensive area. While the ghostly gusts deal shadow damage to those within it, it also makes for excellent concealment as most of the natural light is blocked out by shadows. The area of the effect can be further increased and the effect itself can be prolonged/empowered at a higher mana-cost.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ominous_Wind_(move)

Personality:
    To Tycho, discovery means the world. Curious about how everything works and what we can learn from it - it is almost more of an obsession of his than an interest. To him, anything new is exciting and he will rarely hesitate before treading an unmarked path. He is very bright minded and does not think twice about letting it show. He enjoys being on his own, the silence to allow the processing of data into thoughts and further into realizing those ideas, but he is not anti-social in any way. He gets easily excited when someone else shows interest in his work, as he is not used to receiving much praise or recognition, and he is also very stubborn in defending his ideals. Not to the extent where he deliberately engages in conflicts, but a cocky remark from him might still get him in trouble now and again.

Tycho is primarily a travelling alchemist, selling his services to those prepared to pay for them. He gathers herbs during the day, carefully logging his findings in his journal. During the evening and sometimes well into the night, he experiments in his portable lab, using whatever he has gathered throughout the day.
    Besides that he has a knack for curing different wounds and infections. Not through traditional medicine, but rather applying his own salves and mixtures. It may require a few attempts, though… Yes, that rash is a perfectly natural reaction.

History:
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Species: Golett

Spoiler:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Golett_(Pokémon)

Pokémon Name: Gregory or "Greg"

Pokémon Personality:
    Gregory is a childish spirit embedded in an ancient figure, always kind to those around it. It means no ill will towards anyone without very good reason to but is still not inclined to approach someone unfamiliar either. Much like its entwined companion Tycho, Greg is incredibly curious. Sometimes when Tycho needs Greg's help for a project, he will not be able to find it because it has wandered off to inspect something that awoke its interest. Greg never speaks a word, and to the extent of Tycho's knowledge, never has. The only sounds coming from it is the grinding of stone from when it moves around and, on occasion, an indistinct humming noise, like the sound still hanging in the air long after a bell has been struck.

It is playful much like a child and really likes other Pokémon, but it enjoys Tycho's company above all. More often than not, when Tycho tinkers in his lab, Greg will merely observe quietly with the focus of a scholar. Other times it might reach out and touch the components, causing the sensitive experiment to fail. In that regard Greg reminds Tycho much of himself as a kid - the urge to touch, to feel, to walk through trial and error on the road to feel the kick of the eureka-sensation that makes it all worth the trouble.

Tycho and Gregory have developed some kind of father-son bond, but it is not easy to tell who is what as they are both equally protective of each other - Tycho shielding Greg's emotional child-like mind from sadness and fear while Greg aids Tycho in physical endeavours to spare his worn body.

Pokémon Moveset:
    Rollout:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rollout_(move)
    Shadow Punch:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_Punch_(move)
    Iron Defence:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Iron_Defense_(move)
    Magnitude:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magnitude_(move)

RP Sample:
    "Are you even a certified doctor?" Small pearls of sweat appeared on the forehead of the man. Whether it was from the humidity in the back of the crowded tavern or for other reasons was a matter of speculation.

"Hm?" Tycho looked up from his bag. "Well, that very much depends on your definition of "certified.", he responded absently before continuing his rummage through his stash.

"D-do you have a license?", the patient kept on, reluctantly holding onto the belt strapped tightly around his upper arm.

"Well...", Tycho began with his head and one arm half buried in search. "... that very much depends on your definition of "license", he mumbled into the bag. "Aha! Here we go!" He emerged from the bag holding a syringe and a vial filled with clear liquid. The man in the chair in front of him paled at the sight of the size of the needle. Tycho proceeded to prick through the cork and slowly fill the syringe up about half ways.

"Is th-th-this really n-necessary?" Tycho shook his head slowly. Poor soul. He would have to consider an alternative approach to make this option seem less frightening. And he knew just the way. "No no, not at all necessary!", he burst out suddenly, putting on a big smile.

"Oh blessed me. Thank you." His patient slowly regained a bit of colour. "What's the alternative?" he asked.

"Well, let me just get my saw from out back, and I'll be right back!", Tycho said overenthusiasticly as he stood up.

The patient sprung to his feet aswell. "Your what?!"

Tycho laughed heartily. "My bonesaw, of course! I've been looking forward to try it! See, if we don't prick you, your arm will become infected and we'll have to remove it. Come to think of it, you'll be my first amputation! Oh, isn't this exciting?"

The man waved his arms around like if fending off demons. "No no no! No saws or amputations! I'll take the vaccine, just, for the love of humanity, don't get the saw!", he pleaded.

"How disappointing.", Tycho let out a long-drawn sigh. "Very well then. You -are- the customer and I will comply."

After the treatment, Tycho received his payment and closed shop for the night, sending the remaining people in line home or off to pay a larger fee at a "certified" doctor's. When he exited through the back of the room, he was greeted by Greg who had been waiting for him outside.

"Today was a good haul, buddy. We'll be dining with the upper class tonight!" Greg raised its arms to the sides before letting them drop back down, looking down slightly. Tycho realized the problem.

"Oh, right... -I- will be eating well. Don't worry, Greg. I'm going to find you something nice to play with on the road."

Greg looked up at him. "How would you like, say, a… yo-yo?" he asked tryingly. Greg shook its head. "Right, your fingers won't fit. What about a leather ball?" Greg once more shook its head, this time a bit more hopeless. "Nah, you burst the last one, that's right…"

Scratching his chin, Tycho thought for a moment, then looked down into the bright yellow eyes of his pal. "I know now!", he exclaimed happily. "I am going to find you a nice gem!" The Golett threw its hands into to air and leapt up and down at the thought of this, forming two foot-shaped holes where it landed.

"You'd like that?" Greg stopped jumping and nodded firmly once. "Alright. You'll have it. But for now, let's go find something to eat." Tycho swung his backpack over Greg's shoulder and together they headed for the docks of Alexshire.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    A final heads up, just two and a half more hours before the judgement and approvals are performed! Anyone still working on an SU or anyone wanting to do a last minute spruce up to their SU, this is your chance!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I've made a few tiny edits to my SU. There's an extra paragraph for Styx's personality and another line or two in Gabs' history. I'll just have to leave it alone and check back in the morning now! You'll be judging the SU's at midnight my time.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    DONE! i had some issues, made a complete overhaul of the character that i initially had in mind and particularly the writing in the History section is not something i'm proud of, but i'm too tired (it's 1AM here...) and there's no time.

i just want to ask - in the event that i don't get in, could i at least get some feedback on my SU? ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ thank you very much in advance!

Years
  • Just wanted to say that if you ever decide to open more spots, please let me know! This looks like an incredible RP and unfortunately, I didn't have the time to finish an SU. In any case, good luck to everyone!

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • After much deliberation of the past week and especially throughout the course of the day, Carnivore Chie, Sir Bastian and yours truly have made our selections. We based on decisions on a multitude of factors including the quality of the SU, the potential of the character, how the character fits in with the party of adventurers, and so on. It was no easy task and I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly who I personally wanted the entire time. Without further ado, allow me to present the official cast of Tales of Altaria:

1. Carnivore Chie as Rei Nightingale and Sheldon the Squirtle

2. Sir Bastian as Terrin Gant and Dina the Gible

3. Raikiri as Cassandra Alexandra and Snow the Absol

4. Varys the Galvantula as Willard Welm and Germaine the Magnamite

5. SV as Matthew and Francis the Chimchar

6. Nagi as Fiore Agnes and Alphonse the Honedge

7. Synthet as Gabriella "Pure" and Styx the Sableye

8. Lumbah_Rye as Tycho Landerson and Gregory the Golett

As it works extremely well with the select few RPs I am currently in, the three of us will create a Skype group for all to join. If you have Skype or are willing to begin using it to hang out with your fellow RPers and discuss the RP, PM any of us your Skype contact information and we will invite you to the Tales of Altaria group.

Thank you all for your interest and I hope to see you all writing in the Corner!

We'll see the rest of you in Altaria…

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Congrats to those who made it, and sorry to those who didn't. I'll have you lot know that it was -very- close between most of you, and we all had a tough time deciding who to keep with us. However, if someone decides to drop from the RP for one reason or the other, we'll notify one of you and/or write in here that we're looking for another player.

Anywho, thank you for showing interest, and don't be afraid to write to us if you want feedback on your work, or anything else! :)

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Thank you very much guys, I'm looking forward to this RP a hell of a lot. Condolences to those who didn't make it, but I have no problem believing the three GM's had a hell of a time choosing. It's rare to see so many SU's of such high quality all for one RP.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Ugh, strangely enough, I'm relieved. ;; Mostly because the few rps the betters. Congrats to those who made it!

HAH. Varys, I told you so~.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • Well, good luck with the RP everyone, it looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun. I myself was surprised by the abundance of fantastic SUs

jombii

Years
  • owowowow I got in OMG congrats to all my co RPers! Let's have a fun time.

I've got my Heal Pulse ready but don't try to overdo it kay? You know, getting yourself hurt.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    waaah! i'm amazed i got in - but thank you so much! i'll do my best to keep up with all the amazing writers in this RP ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ looking forward to it!

um, i wouldn't mind being added to the skype group also! my name on there is hiinotama.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looks like you guys are all full, but if anything changes then... well I'll leave this here for your consideration :). It was good fun thinking of move-inspired spells.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    This is something I'm possibly gonna take some heat for, but... I'll be honest, I'm a huge sucker for someone playing the role of a traveling, free-lance journalist. It was honestly one of the jobs I was hoping someone would make for their character in this thing. So, with that said... I'm going to go ahead and accept Magic into the group.

But with this addition, we're officially closed. Period. No more.

jombii

Years
  • I interacted with Synthet, yeah. Feel the justice that is Willard Welm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back