• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen TM Bullet Seed

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
mfAmTxq.png

The first obtainable TM in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald is TM09 Bullet Seed, it is given to you by a boy on Route 104, just north of the Petalburg Woods. While Bullet Seed still has a power of 10 per hit (power 30 on average), it isn't one of the most useful moves later in the game. Still it might be of a good use in the early game, certainly because Roxanne's Pokémon are weak against it.

Did you use TM09 on one of your Pokémon? If so, on which Pokémon and how long did you keep the move?

Years
I don't remember, but I do recall giving it to Treecko once when I played Sapphire, because its power can surpass Absorb, which is the only notable Grass-type attack it learns early on. And it's special in this generation (which I can't believe i'm calling a plus), so the early Grass-types like Seedot and Lotad can also use it too. But I remember keeping Bullet Seed on said Treecko as a Grovyle until it got Leaf Blade I think, because that was the point where 20-50 power wasn't necessary. It does have a fun animation though, admittedly.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I never used my Bullet Seed TM. By the time I got to R/S, I didn't really like to use my TMs anymore unless I could get spare copies of them, so they just accumulated in my bag. It was really nice to be able to reverse that trend come gen 5.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I always picked the TM up but never actually ended up using it. I probably did actually teach it to my starter if I picked Treecko, which I didn't most of the time because Mudkip. I love Mudkip hehe.

It'd been awesome though if like you had a different starter you'd get a different TM. Pretty sure they changed the TM into Echoed Voice or something like that in the remakes though </3

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I usually give it to Shoormish. But I can't remember. probably fun watching seed spitting instead the awfully raw power if not STAB related.

ORAS possibly replace with Venom Shock for 1,000 poke bucks

Years
I also gave it to Shroomish to help out a little with Roxanne but that hardly seemed necessary since mine got Mega Drain not too long after. Bullet Seed had terrible power and accuracy so it just wasn't worth using, especially if you ended up unlucky with only two consecutive hits. One of the worst TMs in this game.. nowadays it's only worth using on a Pokemon with Skill Link. xD;

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Well, given that I grind like a maniac in every RPG game I got my hands on, I hardly touched this TM, nor most TMs in fact. I guess the primary reason for this is because they only have one use each--which I've always thought as stupid because they're CDs.

Years
I was so reckless with TM usage back in the day, because they were one-use and I gave them to stuff that didn't really suit them. I learned my lesson plus TMs are infinite use now, but it's still a nice move back in the day.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I think Bullet Seed is a good starting out Grass-type move to match up against Roxanne. I've picked up TM09 and taught it to Treecko and other Grass-types on several occasions.

Years
I might have when I played on PC years ago. Ever since I started playing on actual consoles I barely sometimes use TMs cos a lot of them can be found at only one place. I think I did use Bullet Seed once but it was a long time ago, I remember seeing that attack and really liking it. I mean, you're basically spitting food in the other player's face, I mean, what's not to like lol.

Back