• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Titans: A Superhero RP (T) (OOC/SU)

For the next story arc, would you be prefer your character to be part of a 3-4 person hero squad?

• No, I'd rather not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm busy now, maybe at a later time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Name: Richard Renner, aka Reverb

Appearance: Richard stands at 5'8" and weighs around 140 pounds. He doesn't have a well-define body, but he likes to keep himself in shape. He has bushy/wavy brown hair that more or less exists on his head; he doesn't style it or comb it. He has vibrant green eyes and an average-sized nose that comes to a small point. His mouth has no particular features to it. His chin is rather point, but not noticeably so.

Attire: Richard changes his attire seasonally, but with stark contrast. In the colder weather, he will always wear a solid-colored T-shirt with a long-sleeved jacket and dark jeans. In warmer weather, he'll wear dark cargo shorts and a T-shirt.

Personality: Richard can be overall described as a rather reserved person. He doesn't usually engage in interaction with people; instead, he sticks to his thoughts. Although he is very driven about the things he is passionate about, he doesn't like to spend more effort than he needs in order to achieve his goals. He stands by his unwavering sense of morality and his ultimate goal of living comfortably.

Powers/abilities/weapons/etc:

• Molecular Vibration Control: Complete control over vibrations on a molecular level. Can excite or dampen molecules, allowing control over heat, tangibility, and even physical structure. Primarily used to create shock waves.
    • Sound Generation: Ability to cause physical vibrations with complete control over amplitude and wavelength, as well as control over where the sound is coming from.
    • Enhanced Hearing: Enhanced ability to process sound.
    • Accelerated Healing: Slightly increased healing.

Strengths:

• extensive understanding of sound physics
    • extensive musical knowledge
    • strong ambition
    • strong moral drive
    • strong memory retention

Weaknesses:

• lack of awareness of extent of abilities
    • only defensive ability (intangibility) cannot be used in conjunction with offensive abilities
    • lack of social skills, makes working with a team difficult
    • 10-meter range for shock/sound waves (for now, at maximum strength will extend to 30 at most)
    • tinnitus
    • power consumes a lot of energy, needs to consume much more food than normal

Origin Story (history): Richard Renner always had an affinity for music. When he was young, he studied piano and music theory, which he excelled in. He also loved the sciences, particularly physics. Richard always wanted to know how the world worked and why. Growing up with both science and art, Richard had a very fulfilled sense of the world around him.

Eventually, it came time for Richard to go to college. He was accepted to both conservatory and university, but was forced to attend university to study physics due to financial concerns from his family. Although he was more than happy to study physics, he couldn't help but feel like he would regret not being able to study music.

In university, Richard was given the opportunity to research the applications of sound waves in everyday use, such as suspending objects in mid-air or demolition in construction. In the research lab, there was a machine that generated sound waves at an inputtable frequency. While working with the machine alone after hours, it suddenly stopped producing a sound while it was still activated, prompting Richard to open the machine to see what was wrong. Richard fumbled with the circuitry until he thought he had it fixed. After a few seconds, the machine exploded and bursted a powerful concentration of sound at Richard, shaking every atom in his body, nearly disintegrating him. He immediately fell unconscious, and was rushed to the hospital by a janitor who heard the explosion. When Richard woke up in the hospital, he felt physically agitated and anxious, and he could hear a ringing noise in his ears. Oddly, the doctor cleared him to return home with little no injuries.

Over the next few weeks, Richard began noticing he had manifested strange abilities. Occasionally his hands would vibrate so quickly that anything he was holding fell straight through them. When he rubbed his hands together, they would heat up more intensely than normal. He could hear people talking from other sides of hallways. Richard never expected himself to manifest powers like the Champions who were protecting Hyperia, but he wished his abilities weren't a nuisance that could barely help people.

Any other notes about your character: Richard isn't aware of the full extent of his powers yet, but I plan to have him somehow discover more and more of his abilities as he goes on. He's not a hero yet, but he will eventually become Reverb.

Roleplay Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8470219#post8470219

Unfortunately that died very quickly, and I didn't get a lot in. That was my first time roleplaying on this forum and this is me getting back into it. If it helps, I read insane amounts of comic books.

As much as I wanted create a Vegetable Man with an allergy to rhubarb, I had to contain my excitement.

You laugh now, but little did you know that one of DC's Doom Patrol's most iconic villains was called Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Whoo, welcome to Accepty-town! This is gonna be super awesome :D I've been planning Quantum for -years- now.

Also, Reverb is such an amazing name for a sound-based hero. Also, now that I think about it, sound and vibrations is probably the thing that would be most effective against Quantum.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can somebody think of a better superhero name for someone who eats all the time and can alchemize stuff and have super strength, pls.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Can somebody think of a better superhero name for someone who eats all the time and can alchemize stuff and have super strength, pls.

You can call her Enzyme :P, but Chef is a pretty cool name though.

(Enzymes are biological catalysts in your stomach that can either re-form nutrients or break them down - basically what your character does :D)

Also, if anyone feels Nerites is OP please do tell me so I can explain/modify anything.

EDIT: Enzymes also apparently can merge to substances to make new ones, and if the stomach doesn't recieve food it gets too acidic and the enzymes die (sounds a lot like Hilda to me)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Fox, please, I have a degree in chemical biology. I know what an enzyme is and does ;)

But Hilda won't, so somebody else is going to have to make that name up for her once they meet! I like it a bit better than Chef.

I feel the need to add though, that enzymes aren't only in your stomach, they are in every cell 8)

latest

Foxrally

Years
  • I think she's op. Is she op? I'm not sure. v_v I tried to make her balanced.

I think with my character in this nobody needs to worry about being OP XD

I really like your character! I'm interested to see how she got her powers, though.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Thankies <3 I really love everyone's character, so I tried to make it at least close to the expectations. uwu

I know, I have an idea for an odd/semi evil shadow friend that haunts her house and merged with her, but that just sounds like a fantasy more than anything lol.
    If I really have no idea of anything else, I'll say she was born with it. >3<

For a superhero story, there's not really anything that can seem too strange to have happened. Could be aliens, could be some sort of magic, maybe a ritual gone wrong, which created a shadowfiend, which escaped and merged with her, it could be something to do with a demon, maybe her parents having made a deal with a demon and now she's paying for that... loads of options without sounding too far-fetched, as long as it's not overdone, you know?

I do like her as a character though! But we -are- sort of filling up on the estrogen-levels in here, I feel xD

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Can excite or dampen molecules, allowing control over heat, tangibility, and even physical structure.

Sounds a bit OP, sounds like you've got Nerites' abilities added on as a foot note. Or atleast can be the super nemisis if he goes evil. I just suggest missing out physical structure,

Foxrally

Years
  • Sounds a bit OP, sounds like you've got Nerites' abilities added on as a foot note. Or atleast can be the super nemisis if he goes evil. I just suggest missing out physical structure,

I think what he means is using his control over vibrations he can change the state of matter of an object. Basically he could melt a steel cup by making the solid particles vibrate more intensely.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I think what he means is using his control over vibrations he can change the state of matter of an object. Basically he could melt a steel cup by making the solid particles vibrate more intensely.
    I get that , and that is possible, but that could be abused so much *skyscraper melts in background*

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years

• For now you are reserved, since there are I few things I need to ask about your character.

Churaka's Shade is accepted!

Most definitely haha

This is literally the only RP I've seen where the majority of characters are female.

Must be something about my characters that attracts the ladies B)

UPDATE: I will be heading to work in a few minutes, and will take care of anything when I get back, in roughly 9 hours or so.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Can somebody think of a better superhero name for someone who eats all the time and can alchemize stuff and have super strength, pls.

Glutton girl? The hungry hungry hippo?

I get that , and that is possible, but that could be abused so much *skyscraper melts in background*

A skyscraper could be ruined by a lot of superhero's though.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • But for that to feasible he would need incredible focus and extreme control to create a frequency that high. It needs a price.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    But for that to feasible he would need incredible focus and extreme control to create a frequency that high. It needs a price.

Well, range seems to play a very important factor here. That can make the difference between totally reasonable and very OP.

I checked the accepted characters, and at the moment we have 4 girls and 2 guys. The girls are 20, 23(But also immortalish), 22, and unkown. The boys are 22 and 45(?).
    They got there powers by being born with them, being a God, getting them from a God, having an accident, doing something and than forgetting what, and again, being born with them.
    Their powers are Water based, Water based, Putting stuff together, splitting himself up, doing shady stuff, and being made of energy.

Hope you had fun with those statistics :)

Origin Story (history):
    Hilda grew up with a fairly normal life in Hyperia's Bayside quarters, except she was sometimes weirdly strong. Her father made sure she knew early on that it was not okay to use her odd strength to bully others, and her mother always proclaimed that it was okay for people to be different because it made the world a richer place. So Hilda has always been a generally kind and happy person and didn't ponder her fluctuating strength and food habits much. Rather, she believed and still do to this day, that many other people - if not all - also hide some kind of secret talent or power. It's just not something to talk about, so she doesn't.

But around the time Hilda quit high school (with somewhat mediocre grades since she simply didn't care enough), and her parents were trying to decide her future for her, something else happened. Her father was sort of scared of what Hilda really was, and wanted to finally have her tested somewhere. Her mother, on the other hand, said that Hilda was fine and that it would be unfair to treat her differently. Their argument became so big that it split them apart, and Hilda's father even moved away from the city of Hyperia. He had had enough of superpowers and strangeness.

Hilda started working in the café owned by her mother, and has been ever since. She has actually become a quite good baker, making many cookies and desserts that they sell in the café. She still lives with her mother, has no other siblings, but a cat. That cat is probably her arch nemesis. She just knows that it hates her, somehow. A big fat black blob called Castor.

Back to the relevant stuff: not long after she started working in the café, she noticed strange things happening around her. One day she found a metal mug in the cabinet for china at the café. Then, she found an apple in the shape of a banana in the fruits basket. And one day, she saw it happening in front of her own eyes. In her own hands, in fact. She could merge stuff. She didn't even tell her mother about it, she just became slightly more private than she usually was, and started trying to figure out how it worked. Of course it didn't scare her - she was already weirdly strong at times so she was fairly sure she wasn't an average human. Over the course of a year, she learned a lot about what she could do and not, and also figured out the connection between her alchemy, the hunger, and the strength of her muscles. Alchemy made her hungry, hunger made her weak. Eating made her strong and gave her energy for more alchemy.

She has yet to tell her mother about this new item cooking skill, and has always hidden her strength for her friends.​

I really like the fact that because she has the power to put stuff together, made her parents do the opposite. That's some nice story symmetry. Did you do that on purpose, or has English class taught me to over analyze every text?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Most definitely haha

This is literally the only RP I've seen where the majority of characters are female.
    I wanted to make a guy but the char wouldn't be at all as cool if Hilda was a dude instead of a blonde shopgirl so...

More boys pls!

I really like the fact that because she has the power to put stuff together, made her parents do the opposite. That's some nice story symmetry. Did you do that on purpose, or has English class taught me to over analyze every text?
    She was mostly only born with the superstrength power, so maybe something in her changed when her parents split up, causing her to develop a new power of merging things at the cost of energy, thus making her original power more vulnerable ;) analyze on!

And yeah, the Alchemist is a pretty straightforward name, but Enzyme is cooler still! As long as someone else gives her that nickname, it'll work perf. She kinda works as an enzyme when alchemizing, catalyzing a reaction between different items~

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wanted to make a guy but the char wouldn't be at all as cool if Hilda was a dude instead of a blonde shopgirl so...

More boys pls!

She was mostly only born with the superstrength power, so maybe something in her changed when her parents split up, causing her to develop a new power of merging things at the cost of energy, thus making her original power more vulnerable ;) analyze on!

And yeah, the Alchemist is a pretty straightforward name, but Enzyme is cooler still! As long as someone else gives her that nickname, it'll work perf. She kinda works as an enzyme when alchemizing, catalyzing a reaction between different items~

Does an alien lizard count as a boy?
    Really this SU is coming I swear

Foxrally

Years
  • And yeah, the Alchemist is a pretty straightforward name, but Enzyme is cooler still! As long as someone else gives her that nickname, it'll work perf. She kinda works as an enzyme when alchemizing, catalyzing a reaction between different items~

You could have Binary give her the name, or another smart character. Also, question for MI - how smart is Smiley? I know he's the eternal swagentleman with no ageing and cloning, but how classy is he intellectually?

Back