• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Fissures [06/04/15 Poll #1!]

"Which type best represents you?"

• [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/grasss.png[/IMG]

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/fire.png[/IMG]

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/prossy/water.png[/IMG]

Votes: 28 39.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm a bit disappointed that you got rid of the FR trees, sure the shadows can be annoying to do but the trees look really nice if you use them right.

Can your fame drop below 0? I think it could be interesting, maybe having a negative reputation could change up some events?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
That's neat. As for me, I think saving from time to time would save some fame from future decreases. So the better the choices to take. What's the maximum amount of fame?

As much as a variable can manage times 5 :P. From what I've done so far, the maximum is about 50. So yeah... the numbers will get big :).

There are a few more tidbits about fame but I think I'll keep it underwraps for now, since it's not fully implemented.

Can your fame drop below 0? I think it could be interesting, maybe having a negative reputation could change up some events?

Technically the fame won't go negative. It's going to be switched out for something else later in the story.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This looks very interesting. The story is intriguing and the logbook is a great idea! I can't wait to see this come to fruition. (beta stages)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
After a while of struggling I've finally implemented a new ASM routine to help keep track of your fame rating.

Now I've moved on and got a bit more scripting/mapping done to boot! :) First post has several new or revamped screens.

Years
After a while of struggling I've finally implemented a new ASM routine to help keep track of your fame rating.

Now I've moved on and got a bit more scripting/mapping done to boot! :) First post has several new or revamped screens.

Yeah, I saw your routines on the ASM Workshop! This guy right here is learning ASM! A very useful skill needed in ROM Hacking. Sadly, I don't have that skill :P
This reminds me of that Logbook script I was about to do last, last weekend.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Yeah, I saw your routines on the ASM Workshop! This guy right here is learning ASM! A very useful skill needed in ROM Hacking. Sadly, I don't have that skill :P
This reminds me of that Logbook script I was about to do last, last weekend.

I'm trying aha. This routine was mostly FBI, and Dani helped a lot in the ASM help thread too. Hopefully it'll add something a bit different! :).

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm going to slowly reveal more details of the Pokédex throughout this week - since it's now 95% finalised, but for now.

There will be five legendary pokemon in Fissures - who will stay a secret! ;3

PokéPoll #1

WHICH TYPE BEST REPRESENTS YOU?
Vote in the poll and reply here to let me know! Do you have any hopes or expectations for these pokemon, their moves or stats? Let me know!

GrassStarters.png
FireStarters.png
WaterStarters.png

Last edited:
Years
I picked the red one, thinking its fire, am I right? I have chosen fire, because I'm hot? I dunno :P
All joking aside, I would like to see an event with Vulpix! I don't care about stats :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Really nice looking hack!
I love the storyline its different and unique which i love kinda like a region divided kinda thing :)
I do have a question do you plan on changing the main characters sprite? Will you be creating other custom sprites?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I picked the Water type, because I'm fascinated by Water type Pokemon.

I hope to see the physical/special split in this game. With that, the Corphish line can live up to its potential. Maybe buff Knock Off, too?

As for other Water types, I hope to see some of my favourites in this game. Some of them include Starmie, Cloyster, Lapras, Milotic, and Seismitoad. Any chance for any of those to appear?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I picked the red one, thinking its fire, am I right? I have chosen fire, because I'm hot? I dunno :P
All joking aside, I would like to see an event with Vulpix! I don't care about stats :P

Hmm, not sure if there will be a Vulpix event per se. :) You'll have to wait and see.

Really nice looking hack!
I love the storyline its different and unique which i love kinda like a region divided kinda thing :)
I do have a question do you plan on changing the main characters sprite? Will you be creating other custom sprites?

I will change it, but finding a good custom sprite that isn't in use is hard :( I'm not a very confident spriter myself.

I picked the Water type, because I'm fascinated by Water type Pokemon.

I hope to see the physical/special split in this game. With that, the Corphish line can live up to its potential. Maybe buff Knock Off, too?

As for other Water types, I hope to see some of my favourites in this game. Some of them include Starmie, Cloyster, Lapras, Milotic, and Seismitoad. Any chance for any of those to appear?

Physical/Special split is in! :) Movesets are still being tweaked, I'm sure at some point I'll be adding GenIV+/new moves into the game but for now it's not a priority.

At the moment two of those lines are in :).

EDIT//

Poor grass types are unloved! :( Do people not like Snivy and Shroomish or are the other types just more alluring, haha.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Poor grass types are unloved! :( Do people not like Snivy and Shroomish or are the other types just more alluring, haha.
I love the Budew and Snivy lines! I also like the Shroomish line. I'm just more of a Water type fan.

Back