• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BTB / Server Accent Challenge

Detox

Because for some reason people actually wanted me to post this lol. This is basically our version of the accent challenge. So yeah, do it if you want I guess.

• Your username (Real name, nicknames and where you're from are optional)
    • Pronounce the following Pokémon names: Rattata, Exeggcute, Exeggutor, Kangaskhan, Gardevoir, Illumise, Gorebyss, Salamence, Metagross, Wormadam, Lickilicky, Dusknoir, Palkia, Regigigas, Arceus, Roggenrola, Conkeldurr, Sawk, Krookodile, Carracosta, Escavalier, Alomomola, Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Braviary, Hydreigon, Flabébé, Aegislash, Aurorus, Xerneas, and Yveltal.
    • What is your preferred play style, and why?
    • What is your tier of choice, and why?
    • What do you call a Pokémon that can safely switch into another Pokémon and beat it one on one?
    • Who really is Style?
    • Recite one of the following passages or quotes:
    https://pastebin.com/BxZN3Zud
    https://pastebin.com/kDerJM6b
    • What do you call the creature that housed in user: Castform's chest?
    • Do your best impression of user: Oddish.
    • If you had the opportunity to meet anyone from the server IRL, who would it be and why?
    • Optional: Read us your favorite post or sing the Pokémon Theme Song.
    • End the recording by saying anything you'd like.
    • Bonus Points: Tell Anti that Anthony Davis sucks.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    omg im doing this when i get home!!! AWESOME!! but i will not do that last point

also syndrome add these pokemon to the list plzzz: raikou, dewgong, chimecho, suicune, omastar, ariados, sudowoodo, girafarig, cryogonal

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I am here to set the record straight.

Anthony Davis is a top-five player in the NBA. It is simply not a debate. If we take a look at his statistics (which can be found here), we see that Anthony Davis does not suck but is in fact an exceptionally gifted two-way force.

Let us start with his traditional statistics. Anthony Davis is averaging 24.3 points per game (good for fourth in the league), 10.2 rebounds per game (10th in the league), 1.5 steals per game (an excellent number for a big man), and 2.9 blocks per game (easily leading the league).

He also makes 53.7% of his shots, making him the sixth most accurate shooter in the league. This number is actually deceiving, as the five players ahead of him are low-usage big men whose shots are usually assisted and come near the basket, often on dunks. Anthony Davis is a much more diverse offensive threat, boasting one of the most accurate (and improved) mid-range jump shots in the league. He can create his own shot, whereas players like Marcin Gortat and DeAndre Jordan struggle more in this area. He makes 80.2% of his free throws, so unlike other big men like Dwight Howard or DeAndre Jordan, he is not a liability at the end of games should the opposing team attempt to put him on the foul line.

Defense is more difficult to track, but here Davis also ranks highly. A quick look at his defensive splits shows how much he affects opposing offensive players. To translate these statistics, players defended by Davis see their shooting percentage decline by an average of 6.6%. He is especially effective on the perimeter, where his unique blend of length and agility (combined with an aesthetically pleasing fluidity) allow him to terrorize shooters. This skill is especially important in today's NBA, where offenses have evolved to create spacing with outside shooters to open driving lanes. No one is better at covering this space than Davis. Opponents' 3-point field goal percentage falls by a remarkable 8.3% when guarded by Davis. He is also incredibly adept at protecting the paint.

Newer statistics are also kind to Davis. He sports a historically great PER (Player Efficiency Rating) of 30.8. There are other "advanced metrics" that are kind to Davis, but I am going to stop here before I have to hose myself down with ice-cold water.

Numbers are great, but does he pass "the eye test"? Here too you see what a specimen Anthony Davis is. He has had a major effect on winning, with his team clinging to the final playoff spot in the hyper-competitive western conference. Of course, his teammates have also affected this outcome, but one must look more closely at the impact Davis has had. The Pelicans (the team he plays for, for those of you who live under a rock) have the same record as the Thunder, but if they finish the season that way, the Pelicans win the tiebreaker because the Pelicans have beaten the Thunder head-to-head in three of their four games. Anthony Davis is the reason why. What a shot!

You can also search "Anthony Davis highlights" into YouTube and peruse his sensational abilities.

To top it all off, he just turned 22. He is only beginning to tap his potential.

So you may tell me that Anthony Davis sucks "as a bonus." But you will be wrong, and on Judgment Day, you will regret your decision to do so as fire rains from the heavens.

LONG LIVE ANTHONY DAVIS.

Detox

Anthony Davis is a top-five player in the NBA. It is simply not a debate. If we take a look at his statistics (which can be found here), we see that Anthony Davis does not suck but is in fact an exceptionally gifted two-way force.

Let us start with his traditional statistics. Anthony Davis is averaging 24.3 points per game (good for fourth in the league), 10.2 rebounds per game (10th in the league), 1.5 steals per game (an excellent number for a big man), and 2.9 blocks per game (easily leading the league).

He also makes 53.7% of his shots, making him the sixth most accurate shooter in the league. This number is actually deceiving, as the five players ahead of him are low-usage big men whose shots are usually assisted and come near the basket, often on dunks. Anthony Davis is a much more diverse offensive threat, boasting one of the most accurate (a and improved) mid-range jump shots in the league. He can create his own shot, whereas players like Marcin Gortat and DeAndre Jordan struggle more in this area. He makes 80.2% of his free throws, so unlike other big men like Dwight Howard or DeAndre Jordan, he is not a liability at the end of games should the opposing team attempt to put him on the foul line.

Defense is more difficult to track, but here Davis also ranks highly. A quick look at his defensive splits shows how much he affects opposing offensive players. To translate these statistics, players defended by Davis see their shooting percentage decline by an average of 6.6%. He is especially effective on the perimeter, where his unique blend of length and agility (combined with an aesthetically pleasing fluidity) allow him to terrorize shooters. This skill is especially important in today's NBA, where offenses have evolved to create spacing with outside shooters to open driving lanes. No one is better at covering this space than Davis. Opponents' 3-point field goal percentage falls by a remarkable 8.3% when guarded by Davis. He is also incredibly adept at protecting the paint.

Newer statistics are also kind to Davis. He sports a historically great PER (Player Efficiency Rating) of 30.8. There are other "advanced metrics" that are kind to Davis, but I am going to stop here before I have to hose myself down with ice-cold water.

Numbers are great, but does he pass "the eye test"? Here too you see what a specimen Anthony Davis is. He has had a major effect on winning, with his team clinging to the final playoff spot in the hyper-competitive western conference. Of course, his teammates have also affected this outcome, but one must look more closely at the impact Davis has had. The Pelicans (the team he plays for, for those of you who live under a rock) have the same record as the Thunder, but if they finish the season that way, the Pelicans win the tiebreaker because the Pelicans have beaten the Thunder head-to-head in three of their four games. Anthony Davis is the reason why. What a shot!

You can also search "Anthony Davis highlights" into YouTube and peruse his sensational abilities.

To top it all off, he just turned 22. He is only beginning to tap his potential.

So you may tell me that Anthony Davis sucks "as a bonus." But you will be wrong, and on Judgment Day, you will regret your decision to do so as fire rains from the heavens.

LONG LIVE ANTHONY DAVIS.

He still sucks though.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

naa i actually think his eyebrows are cute

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Anti you would make a huge ass post about Anthony Davis lol

I wanna hear people's voices though so get to it guys

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    https://vocaroo.com/i/s07IX3QRrQO6

'scuse the horrible shoot out at the oddish impression but ya know it was an impression after all :p

(these are the pokeys that i added: raikou, dewgong, chimecho, suicune, omastar, ariados, sudowoodo, girafarig, cryogonal)

Back