• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Haven [T/OOC]

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
  • Since I love PMD and wanted to join a RP on here again and this catched my eye, I kind of would love to be involved, so here goes my SU.

Name
    : Dai (Goes by the nickname Toto by friends)
    Pokémon Species: Totodile Gender: Male
    Level: 10

Appearance: Dai is a bit different from normal Totodile, as he has a Green scale texture, and golden chest being shiny. His spikes on the back, are a bit more cutted sharp as normal and his claws are not that sharp. Around his neck he wears a red scarf, that goes behind his back almost down to the ground. Also does he wear a bag on his back that looks like made out of twigs, silk white yarn, and leaves.

History: Dai was just another Totodile born by two Feraligatrs, he was growing up near a lake in the forest, it took him sometime before he dared to leave and explore his surrondings more, this is when he came across quite some nice sights, and actually made a caterpie family as friend, very quickly, he found it funny to have other Pokémon friends. With the time he came across more and more friends which all were different
    But as it had to be and two years went over, there was a dispute between the Caterpie family and a Beedrill for territory, as Dai stepped in between it to stop it as he knew the Beedrill too he got attacked and for the first time had to fight the Beedrill was much stronger and during the fight Dai had to take some mean attacks, which left a mark on him, one attack of the Beedrill cutted his Scales on the back apart, making them look razor like, this was when he eventually shot out of rage the Beedrill out of the sky with a water gun. But the razor scales on the back were now a mark of him.

With the time, Dai became more with nature as he learned through a friend of his a Leafeon about different berries and she educated him a bit what berries go good with what, and after a few days he got himself a bag he carried on his back from now, which he made together with her and it has berries in them that he carries around, as well as other interest things he stumbled across

Then came the time Dai decided he had to learn more, and the dispute between the Caterpie and Beedrill teaches him that there are just more, so he had to say good bye to his family as he went out of the forest in the far open lands, to explore and discover himself a bit more too through the exploring and wandering through it.

Dai was wandering the lands for a while now, as he became very fond of wandering, and exploring new landsides, so he began to actually explore more and more caves, he never found a purpose so he just wandered, but he eventually heard about a Guild closely to the region he lived in, so he grabbed his stuff in a self-made bag and packed it, and went towards the place the Guild would be, he found it very intriguing to find a purpose for his wandering and exploring and so far he heard, about this Guild they actually helped others too which made him even more interested for him joining it too. It took him a few days before he actually arrived in the village the Guild was settled in.

Personality: Dai is a very easy to excite Totodile, quite often is he happy or very jumpy to do something. But also is he a kind Pokémon as he tries his best to be friendly and normally doesn't like to fight, other Pokémon and so he normally dislikes everyone angry. Also is he quite quiet then he is not happy about something, often he can suppress that.
    Moveset: Scratch / Water Gun / Rage / Leer

If anything is wrong, or needs to be worked over, please correct me I wrote this SU at 2 to 3 am. So I don't believe I didn't mess it up in terms of grammar or sentence structure.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Since I love PMD and wanted to join a RP on here again and this catched my eye, I kind of would love to be involved, so here goes my SU.
    If anything is wrong, or needs to be worked over, please correct me I wrote this SU at 2 to 3 am. So I don't believe I didn't mess it up in terms of grammar or sentence structure.

welcome, Daixtey! i will accept you based on this SU. i'd just like you to keep one thing in mind for when you start writing - please don't make your sentences too long. it gets a bit 'exhausting' in a way, to keep reading without a stop every now and then, haha. as a rule of thumb, i'd say no more than two commas in once sentence. but feel free to start posting!

everyone else holding up ok? i know it's starting to be a busy season with exams and whatnot, so don't worry about being late. please do try to post at least once every two weeks though, and keep your groupmates up to date if you're doing a mission together c:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Eros... Gelius wants to interact with Antheia :D.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Ah awesome! Forgive me for this, this is my first RP, do I just write you into my next post?

if you take a look at the IC thread, you can see that Gelius made his character run into your Antheia to start interaction c: so for now, you can write about the encounter (from Antheia's perspective of course) in your post, and then respond, to start a conversation.

later, if you know that you're going to have a longer one-on-one interaction (for example when going on a mission together) i would recommend writing a Joint Post, or JP together. this can be done either through PMs, by sending your post back and forth and adding onto it a little every time, or through an Etherpad, which is an online document that you can alternate writing in c:
    that was a pretty quick rundown, so if you have any questions, as always, don't hesitate to ask.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I pretty much know how to interact. But thanks for the advice.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Oooh, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! May I join? Pretty please? :3

This will be my first try at RPing, so I'm a little nervous. Especially since I'm shy about making my writing public, eheh. I'm still learning my way around this part of the forums, so forgive any newbish questions that are sure to arise. n__n

I have a few questions now, actually. Are there certain restrictions to choosing Pokemon? As in, are you allowed to choose a Pokemon that has already been taken, and can you only begin with baby 'mons?

Thanks in advance! Not sure when I can write up and send a SU but I'll try ASAP, promise!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Oooh, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon! May I join? Pretty please? :3

hi, strifegirl! of course you may join c: we have some other first-time roleplayers in the bunch here as well, and this is supposed to be a relatively laid-back roleplay, so it's perfect for testing the waters, i'd say (。 >艸<) if you have any questions regarding roleplaying in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

as for your immediate questions regarding this roleplay: there are certain restrictions to choosing Pokémon, namely it is not allowed to choose a legendary Pokémon, or any Pokémon that cannot realistically be evolved at level 10. Baby Pokémon (such as Azurill or Igglybuff) often have a happiness-based first evolution, so i'll allow you to have evolved once if you want to start with one of those. finally, it is allowed to start with a Pokémon that has already been chosen, but not recommended ( ´ ▽ ` )ゞ

i hope that answers your questions for now. i'll be looking forward to seeing your SU!

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    BUMP

how is everyone doing? it's been quite a while since everyone's last post, both here and in the IC thread, so i'd really like some updates, particularly from those who haven't posted in over two weeks. it's fine if you're busy with finals or working on a JP, just tell me every once in a while, so i know you're still on board c: you can also let me know through VM/PM if you prefer.

i'll be sending out messages to those who haven't replied by the end of the weekend. keep in mind that if you're inactive without notice for over a month, your character will be removed from the roster.

Etherion

Me and CC are still working on our mission JP, i've been VMing her to reply

proof, please dont kick us out :(

Edit: After all the missions are done, can we go on an expedition next?

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Me and CC are still working on our mission JP, i've been VMing her to reply

proof, please dont kick us out :(

Edit: After all the missions are done, can we go on an expedition next?

that's fine! as long as i know what's going on, it's okay c:

and yeah, i was going to actually allow you to go on two missions before the first expedition, buuutt..... since the missions will probably take quite a while to clear, and i've already got ideas for several expeditions, i think i'll start the first expedition after the first round of missions indeed, haha.
    participating in an expedition will be optional, so if you think you won't be able to keep up and/or just prefer to stay in Haven and go on regular missions, that is also possible.

(everyone else still post updates too please!)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2015
    I sent the last PM a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. No reply since, from Dying Will Flareon and The Canceler

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • I actually have free time now! :) And so I can make a decent post at a decent time!

But before I do for anyone new/still looking I'm still up for anyone joining Ivy on her first mission! :) Please send me a message if you want to! I'll wait a day or two before making a post so people get a chance to respond.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • BUMP

how is everyone doing? it's been quite a while since everyone's last post, both here and in the IC thread, so i'd really like some updates, particularly from those who haven't posted in over two weeks. it's fine if you're busy with finals or working on a JP, just tell me every once in a while, so i know you're still on board c: you can also let me know through VM/PM if you prefer.

i'll be sending out messages to those who haven't replied by the end of the weekend. keep in mind that if you're inactive without notice for over a month, your character will be removed from the roster.

Fogg is currently leaving Haven Town to go on his first quest with others. We've kinda been waiting till other RPers start their missions before we start the mission per se.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Sorry. I should have posted this much sooner. I am somewhat alive. I have finals so I have been busy with assignments and studying. I will be free to post next Friday.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm so sorry. I had a lot of issues with life all at once and my mind was just not really in the mood for writing. That should be less now and still decided to join in the end.

Spoiler: SU
    041.gif

Name: Kuro
    Pokémon Species: Zubat

Appearance: Kuro looks like a normal Zubat. As he is a male, he has relatively big teeth. He often wears his scarf, he likes the feeling around its neck. Additionally, he thinks he's protected from most danger when he's wearing his lucky scarf. He is told his scarf is red.

History: Kuro was hatched and had grown up in the Misty Cave, a typical cave filled with rock and fighting Pokémon along with Kuro's family. The Pokémon live well together there, the rock and fighting Pokémon occupying the ground, while the Zubat, Golbat and Crobat live in the air and sleep upside-down under the ceiling. Kuro's parents, a pair of Crobat, didn't encourage going to the 'outside world', the world out of the cave, when he was young. He has spent most of his time playing with the other Zubat of his family, but sneaked out of the cave occasionally.

Personality: Kuro is very curious, he really wants to see more of the world outside his home cave. When he sneaked out, he enjoys the free air, the ability to keep flying higher without bumping into the ceiling and the sight of trees. 'Sight' here means of course the sound reflected by the supersonic waves, because Zubat are blind by sight. Because he has never used eyes in his life, he can orientate himself well by echolocation, the only problem being not being able to see colors.
    Wanting to see more of the world and to satiate his adventurousness, he convinced his parents to let him leave the cave and live outside. His parents had heard of the Guild and thought the Pokémon there would give good company to Kuro and could assist him when he can't handle everything by himself.

Moveset: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Hypnosis [EGG]​

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
  • I am still alive! GanguEevee shall never die- NEVER!
    That may be a lie
    So....Um....I think I have been too obsessed about making my RPG Maker VX Ace game to the point that I seem to have forgotten that I should try to finish my IC post. Also, boredom, school, video games, etc. I feel so sorry for myself. ;^; I WILL finish my post, god damn it! I am NOT gonna ignore this again! This has become a mortal sin that may scar me for life if I don't finish it! I shall finish it as soon as I can! >:I

Years
  • I don't know if you are open for more people but I'll leave my character sign-up here:

Name: Hiro
    Pokémon Species: Eevee Gender: Male
    Level: 10

Appearance: Shiny, wears a green cloth on right front leg that resembles a cloth bandage.

History: Having been born a shiny eevee he was often teased about his different appearance, however when a mysterious storm destroyed his home he was the only survivor and had been very afraid until an Arcainine named Shen found and took him in. After learning many things he was advised of the guild and it was suggested he apply, but that night before he made his journey a group of ghost-types attacked the duo causing the death of Shen, Hiro in a fit of sadness said his final farewells to his beloved teacher and guardian. Along the way he met many other pokemon who taught him many lessons about his tragedy and friends. The night before his arrival to the guild he was attacked by a Gengar claiming to be the one who defeated Shen. After an intense battle betwixt the two Hiro, on the ropes and poisoned he managed to muster his remaining strength to finish Gengar. However after the battle Hiro passes out and the next day was found by none other than a member of the guild...

Personality: Easily saddened by mention of Shen he joined the guild based on his mentor's principle to always protect those who need it however he finds ghost types almost untrusting and tends to keep to himself as he doesn't want anymore friends to lose. Dispite that he has a major sense of loyalty from being raised by an Arcainine. He's also an avid fan of adventure.

Moveset: Trump Card (Egg Move), Baby-Doll Eyes, Swift, Helping Hand, Tackle

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    I sent the last PM a couple weeks ago I'm pretty sure. No reply since, from Dying Will Flareon and The Canceler

i see. i'll ask both of them about it at the end of the weekend, and make sure they get back to you!

I actually have free time now! :) And so I can make a decent post at a decent time!

But before I do for anyone new/still looking I'm still up for anyone joining Ivy on her first mission! :) Please send me a message if you want to! I'll wait a day or two before making a post so people get a chance to respond.

just repeating this on the new page so everyone sees it. new recruits, feel like joining a mission with Ivy the Kecleon?

I'm so sorry. I had a lot of issues with life all at once and my mind was just not really in the mood for writing. That should be less now and still decided to join in the end.

it's fine - i'm glad you're still up for joining! don't feel obligated to join if you don't want to anymore, though c:
    as for your SU, it looks good! so you'll be accepted. c: welcome!

I don't know if you are open for more people but I'll leave my character sign-up here:

Name: Hiro

hi, jetace! thanks for your interest in this RP c:
    your application is pending for now. i just have a small issue with your SU - in order to have everyone start on equal footing, i've set the level cap for starting at level 10, and disallowed people to start with evolved Pokémon (except those that are already evolved at level 10 and Baby Pokémon such as azurill). so while i like your backstory and how your character became Sylveon, i cannot allow it for balancing reasons. :c please amend your SU to start out as a shiny level 10 Eevee, and you will be accepted.

Back