• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPCNN Headquarters⌠art contest - post #39⌡

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

The United Regions

Damos Eolas: Hello everyone. My name is Damos Eolas... I stand here at the sight of Mewtwo's recent attack on the Dúlra region. The Western Coast of Dúlra was savagely attacked by clone pokémon... yet the forces sent here seem to be fewer and weaker than those sent to other regions. The Dúlra military was readily able to repel the attack... however a handful of civilians and low level pokémon were lost in the sudden surprise attack. We are here to mourn there loss... here on the beach where they died.

As a native of Dúlra myself... I am deeply moved to see the community effort to honor the dead, up above in the town many small shrines have been set up to pay homage to those lost in what is almost certainly an act of murder on behalf of the pokémon known as Mewtwo. The Champion, Durahan, has given us further information on his plans... stating that he will be giving an immediate statement along with a new ally in order to further discuss actions that will be taken by Dúlra and its allies, as far as we know they- Oh! Here they are now! Let's listen in.

Spoiler:

1067472-bigthumbnail.jpg

Crowd: Outbreaks of cheering as Durahan, Tíomaint and Shinnen take to the stage.

Durahan: Please, please everyone calm down. I know you're all eager to know our plans... and so we will inform you post-haste. As you all know... the creature known as Mewtwo has caused too much pain, too much suffering for him to be left alone. He has attacked an innocent region... sent forces to our homes and the homes of our allies! He threatens the balance! He threatens our way of life, not as Dúlrans but as humans! As pokémon! As living beings! In response to the distress signal we have received from the Yoko region we will rise up... Mewtwo think of us as lesser, he views us as unprepared but I say no! I say we will show him the strength of our bonds! The strength of the Dúlra region!

Crowd: Roars in agreement, chanting in inspiration... both pokémon and humans are almost up in arms at the ready to defend their very means of existence.

Shinnen: The people of Shin Kasai and Rósta city are in full agreement. That piece of thrash copycat is really riling me up! So we're taking him down! C'mon!

Crowd: Gives further uproar, especially those native to Rósta city.

Durahan: Flying above us just now, you'll see helicopters. Carrying representatives from our allies in Oceia and other regions. Together we join together in defense of our homes and our World, we are here to announce the formation of the United Regions, the UR! Along with our allies we will be sending an army, a full counter invasion force to strike back at Mewtwo! That monstrosity will not have our freedom! He will not have our World! The balance will be maintained... Tíomaint if you would.

Tíomaint: Of course Champion. Along with our allies we will be mobilizing our forces to Yoko in the coming days. We will be routing Mewtwo's forces from many angles and will be taking no prisoners as our opponent has already shown his lack of respect for life. Dúlran forces will be providing Gyarados to the Navy... as well as Lucario and Bisharp to the ground and Pidgeot to the air. The exact troops of other regions are yet to be confirmed... but as you saw, representatives of all of our allies are arriving at Gaol temple as we speak to further discuss negotiations. As well as this... we also have a single ace up our sleeve.

Durahan: Claps his hands gently and the Legendary Beasts, Entei, Raikou and Suicune pounce out from the shadows, only to meet the stunned ooo's and aww's of the croud.

Durahan: Our diligent protectors and allies, the Legendary Beasts, have agreed to travel with us to Yoko. I along with two trusted warriors will enter battle alongside them and lead a strike team to the heart of Mewtwo's forces, where we will take care of the psychic leader itself. Together we will be victorious! For Balance! For Dúlra!

Crowd: Uproars even louder than before, crying out loudly in support of those whom would defend them. They earnestly believed that together, the UR would be victorious.

***​

Damos Eolas: There you have it folks! You heard it here first... we have just witnessed the birth of the greatest alliance of regions that the World of Pokécommunity has ever seen. Will the newly formed United Regions really prove a match for the power of Mewtwo? Will they be able to protect us from the evils that come forth?! Will they together be able to save the Yoko region... and in essence the entire World?! This reporter doesn't know... but like everyone else, he's almost shuddering in anticipation for everything that happens next!

- Reporter Damos Eolas, WPCNN​

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
VSBeauty_ORAS.png

[Posted to www.vanessacarrera.com]
what's the tea; personal thoughts; professionalism; tragedy

Good God Girl Get a Grip

Dear Jessica,

As a professional in this industry, you just cannot let emotions hamper your delivery. Absolute no-no. Even if you're reporting the death of a loved one (or your life), you must retain poise and composure. Otherwise, you just look like a piece of snot-filled tissue. The execution is slipshod and you leave the viewers to be bewildered and having to fill in the - rather huge - gaps in their brains themselves. (Which is our job because who else is intelligent enough to do it for the rest of the world?) Frankly, it's like a blemish and a disgrace to journalists and reporters. I felt humiliation. I felt shame. For someone with the word 'ball' in their name, you certainly have a severe lack of it. (I know, it's ironic coming from me, but whatever.)

Yours truly,
Vanessa Carrera

Last edited:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Journalist Magistelle
A young elven-eared maiden of North Tervari's Conferica Town, Magistelle has always dreamed of travelling and writing. She started news-writing for Tervari Hamlet's newspaper, Tervari Torch, at a young age of 16. A year later she transferred to the features section where she got to enjoy more of travelling and writing about the different landmarks and tourist spots of Tervari. And another year later, she got her big break on television as a field reporter, and became the one to interview the newly appointed League Champion at the time, Valeria.

An "incident" happened during this interview, which resulted to her immediately having a fanclub, getting a modeling job, and getting transferred from field reporting to co-hosting the now very popular manzai-format talk show, Magis Mayhem. At age 21, even though she is now blessed with fame and job opportunities, she still misses writing and so decided to apply as a journalist at WPCNN to vent her passion.

F8Xgr3u.png
i6y0wfu.png
9o9OBgR.png

Last edited:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Tervari Under Attack
N2BPec2m.png

Diagram showing the scope of attack in Tervari.
It was a bizarre sight that the People of Tervari never experienced since its establishment as a Region. Yesterday night at approximately 11:30 pm, the South Tervari's otherwise peaceful coastline was brought to chaos by a wave of foreign Water-type Pokémon whose rampage threatened the safety of three cities. Hordes of Gyarados, Cloyster, Blastoise and their pre-evolutions were washed ashore and started unleashing their Water-type attacks on the coasts of Coastlink City, Luxura City and Sunfalzen City. Fortunately, these cities were promptly alerted beforehand thanks to the ancient lighthouses' beacons.

The Tervari League immediately announced that this is a region-wide calamity, and declared that all sea transportation be disallowed to set sail until further notice. It also ordered the Gym Leaders to lead the protection of their respective areas of jurisdiction. The tourism-inclined Coastlink City, which has no Pokémon Gym and also the city which has the most rampaging Pokémon on its shores, is currently being protected by three Elite Four members: Lyndra, Viceroy and Drizella. The remaining Elite Four, Bastian, is tasked to protect the Pokémon League Building from any stragglers of the rampage.

Roughly one hour later, another wave of Water-type Pokémon emerged, this time with groups of Crawdaunt and Lanturn added among its ranks. Reports from Westream City's outpost also confirmed a wave of these Pokémon gathering ashore on the west coast of Rune Desert. While the desert's sandstorms hamper the Pokémon's advance, it's only a matter of time before they make their way to Westream City's line of sight. It was during this moment that the peace-enforcing group, Team Aegis, has lent their assistance as well in this crisis, spreading their forces into two groups to strike the rampaging Pokémon on both Rune Desert and South Tervari's coastline. Volunteer Pokémon Trainers have decided to aid in the defense operations as well.

Fortunately, because of the swift actions made by the Tervari League, there have been no casualties so far, with injured people and Pokémon from the initial attack promptly cared for and sent to local hospitals and Pokémon Centers.

As of the current time, the waves of rampaging Pokémon are now less frequent, but are gaining in number. Reports of more foreign Pokémon like Sharpedo, Huntail and Feraligatr have been spotted as well. While the interval of attacks have allowed the defenders to recuperate and regain their strength, it is not enough to relieve the accumulating fatigue, lack of sleep, and decreasing morale due to the uncertainty of when this dire situation will end.

-Journalist Magistelle, WCPNN

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Structural Shake-Up

Hello, dear members of and subscribers to WPCNN! I'm pleased to announce some changes to the structure of our dear network, as well as an introduction of a fun new feature!

Newtwork Nitpicks
When this network was founded, we had some trouble with terminology in our internal ranking system. We designated those who work solely for WPCNN as "Reporters" and those who represent a specific region "Journalists". However, this has come into conflict with a few of our members who hold different titles in their home region's news agencies. To counteract this, we are introducing new terms. Those previously known as "Reporters" are now more specifically "WPCNN Reporters" and those who were formerly "Journalists" will now be titled "Correspondents".

To keep clarity as much as possible, we would like WPCNN Reporters to sign their content using the format "[Title and/or Name], WPCNN" and Correspondents to use the format "[Title and/or Name], [Region] Correspondent.

Fun Feature
WPCNN will now be including a "Letters to the Editor" segment! If anyone has questions or comments for me concerning WPCNN content, potential articles, previously run pieces, anything at all- feel free to write in! Just address your physical letters to the WPCNN offices, Care Of: Mihira or email me at [email protected] with the subject line "Letter to the Editor". I look forward to hearing from you!

(Really though just PM me with title "Letter to the Editor". This is meant to be an in-character thing, so write as whatever character you are playing and focus on what they would be concerned about. Please sign your PMs with your character's name and what region they are from 'cause lawd knows I don't know everyone off the top of my head! You can talk to Mihira about literally anything- even use her as like a Dear Abby column or something I don't care haha I'll have fun making replies. They will be published here as short articles, of course, so do remember that.)

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

all of the information about new structure is also in the first post!

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
VSBeauty_ORAS.png

[Posted to www.vanessacarrera.com]
fashion; show biz; entertainment

Fall Fashion Week

As you all may know, I'm the editor of online fashion magazine Vanity Mirror, and since fall is arriving, I thought it's time for an autumn-themed fashion week extravaganza! I want to see the best looks of each and every region, showcasing their own brand of Fall clothing. The showcases will be held at Neon Skyline Square, the crown jewel of raw venues in Teleios.

I'm honoured to announce that opening and closing the show would be Thessali's bombshell, Karolina Rochelinne! The lineup of models also feature up-and-coming faces of each region. Various style bloggers and fashion critics would also be attending the show to give their own opinions and coverage. This show would not be possible without The Schnee Company, MUC Cosmetics and CloudCream Co.

Now flaunt me those ambers and oranges!

Tickets are on sale now till the end of September at www.vanitymirror.org/shows.

(Just PM Ice Goddess with your image attached with the designer's name + a short blurb to sell the garment.)​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Letter to the Editor

Hello Editor, I was wondering- do you think I should travel the world and get a taste of all the different cultures of all the regions of WoPC?

Alex of Sangyo (BlueDogXL)​

Hi Alex, thanks for writing in!
Personally, I think travelling is a blast. There's so much to see and learn! You must remember, though, to not just do the "tourist experience" in a region- spend more time living in a region rather than just visiting it. Make sure you spend enough time in a region to really absorb its culture, and don't worry about cramming in all the specific places you want to visit. Take it slow! And remember, there's probably a lot of Sangyo that you have yet to explore as well. Just because it's your home region doesn't mean it's boring!

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Raogan Relations

Editor Mihira: There have been many things happening across regions lately, but there's a few that have been holding back from the proceedings. Raoga is an intriguing yet somewhat secluded region, so I am honored to bring you this exclusive interview with their very own Queen Carmen. Your majesty, Raoga seems to be a very busy nation. What's all the bustle about? What's happening over there?

Her Royal Majesty Queen Carmen: Raogans are busy people; they have always been like that. People take their work very seriously and spend the remaining time with family and friends, both human and Pokémon. With nearly no crimes being committed here and everyone taking care of themselves, the government became slightly laid-back over time, which has recently come to an end. With our international contact being limited to only a few trading ships, we fell behind the times in the field of technology, to a certain extent. Our main goal at the moment is to make ourselves heard of on global scale. Raoga is part of the world. Therefore I'm happy to announce the building of Raoga's first airport, which will be located near our capital Volmia.

EM: I'm glad Raoga is starting to work internationally! But how do the citizens feel about increased contact with other nations and cultures?

HRMQC: I dare to say this will work out well without a doubt. Raogans may all share their focus and dedication to their work and hobbies, but that doesn't mean there's only one culture here, not at all. Each part of the region has its own characteristic traits. While people in the city prefer to meet groups of friends and have as many acquaintances as possible, the farmers of Bluestream aren't used to company and spend their time by themselves and with their Pokémon. There are even people who dedicate their life to training their Pokémon team, strolling around the natural terrain of eastern Raoga, avoiding civilization as much as they can. Another example is the people of Lornami. I don't know if you've visited the town, but I do recommend it if you like architecture. Their buildings are marvelous, yet the people act odd, from the eyes of an outsider. They live with a strange culture worshiping the Unown.
International trade- exchange of both goods and knowledge- would never hurt. On the contrary, access to tools we were not able to make before can only improve the efficiency of our all-day work. This is both expected to improve the economy as well as give the people more spare time that they can spend how they want.

EM: Oh, you have huge diversity of culture in your region already! That's very interesting. Does that diversity ever cause conflicts within Raoga itself?

HRMQC: Surprisingly not, aside from some minor events, I wouldn't want to call a few disagreements official conflicts.I don't want to go in too much detail, but everything was solved diplomatically. Nowadays, the people from the north rarely visit the south and vice-versa. We're not living separated, don't get me wrong. Northern Raoga is rich in many rare ores with complex names that are used a lot in the industry in the center and south. Nobody wants to force people to live their lives a way they don't want to, that would be dictatorship, and people understand that.

EM: That seems pretty fair. You mention industry- is Raoga a primarily industrial region? What does Raoga create, and how is it used?

HRMQC: No, I can't say it's a primarily industrial region, not at all. From what I've learned about the other regions, our industry seems not very advanced. The focus is on the basic needs, like food for both humans and Pokémon, textiles, and furniture. There's no real market for most advanced or technological objects and producing them on industrial scale simply wouldn't pay off.
I don't think Raogian industry can provide anything unique to the global market. Of course Raoga doesn't sit still and research to improve known methods are happening here, but they are still being tested and improved on a mass scale.

EM: Does this mean Raoga is aiming to make huge advances in technology by working with other nations? Or are there other goals in mind when working on an international level?

HRMQC: That is indeed our aim. Pokéballs, to name something, are an example of something we copied from other places in the world. Items like those are commonly available in all places. As they're not protected by copyrights, we can distribute them as easily as bicycles. Yet there are regions that make use of more exclusive technologies and strengthening our contacts might improve our chances to make use of those. Combining natural resources and techniques not only improves the economy of both Raoga and its allies, but might even open up a possibility to shape something entirely new. Aside from that, international relations can only be helpful when either region is in trouble. Two can do better than one.

EM: May I ask which nations Raoga is allied with or intending to pursue relations with?

HRMQC: Recently we've developed a relation with Ceriah, a region close to us sharing a big part of our ideals. At the moment we're trying to start an alliance with Sangyo. We must await a conclusion there, but I have high hopes for a good relationship. Additionally, we've heard many things around us about nations forming the "United Regions"; we'll surely have to investigate how this will impact our political situation and how we should deal with it. Joining such a large group might be dangerous without thinking everything through twice.

EM: How do you think the recently formed United Regions will affect the international political field as a whole?

HRMQC: If they are well-organized, which I expect them to be, they can already form a majority on global decisions by themselves. If they're not, we'll experience that soon enough and they will fall apart as quickly as they were formed. But if they are, we should be making sure we will not get suppressed. At the moment, there's not much governing going on on a global scale. Each region had to take care of themselves, but those xenophobic times are passing. Many alliances have formed over a very short time lately and of course that shifts the political field along. Where it will go is hard, if not impossible, to predict.

EM: If Raoga chooses to stay separate from the United Regions, will it defer to their decisions?

HRMQC: There is still a huge difference between being bonded by a pact like the United Regions and being enemies. While that kind of relationship certainly gives some advantages, it brings many obligations along. Raoga can still be friendly towards the other regions and benefit of trade and assistance. As we are separate, other regions can't force us to do something unfavorable for us. They can certainly arrange some big project utilizing their combined wealth, but we can decide what we do with that ourselves. If they decide to go for a united war against us, which is something I doubt all of them would agree on at the moment, we're most certainly done for, but not without opposition of ourselves, our allies and hopefully other regions that disagree with such views.

EM: It seems like Raoga has thought out their stance very well. Is there anything you would like to add before we wrap up this interview?

HRMQC: We will do anything to improve our political stance, but the United Regions don't seem the way to go. Where our future will be going, is something only time can tell.

EM: Thank you very much for your time, your majesty. This has been a wonderful insight into Raoga.

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

The Oceia Account

In my inter-regional travels, I always make a point to talk to as many people as I can! Not just the famous or the elite, but the citizens who truly make up the regions they live in. The last trip I made was to the region of Oceia, and I had the privilege of speaking to Gina and Andy when they stopped by where I was staying.

Viveka: I?m always interested to meet Oceian citizens and their teams, since Oceia has a very unique range of species. May I meet your Pok?mon?

Gina: I have a Remguis, Orcadow and Bergmite. Remguis is my first Pokemon- he?s been with me a long time, ever since he was a Specturn. I got Orcadow by accident; he was very kind and I was surprised he didn't fight to get free from the Pokeball! I received Bergmite when he was just an egg, he came as a gift. I'm very grateful to have them by my side.

Andy: Raven is my sleek groomed Corvace; this Lilligant over here is Miss Bianca; and Raja is my ace Blizlock. Raja was the first pokemon I started out with. I caught Raven as a Contib; a hungry little bird looking for food. Last but not the least, I encountered Miss Bianca while she was just a wee Petilil when I went to stay for a few days at a farm stay in Cassiope.

V: Aw, they?re all awesome! So what do you and your team do on a day-to day basis?

G: I'm one of the Safari Staff! I spend time with the Safari Pokemon, I check on them from time to time to make sure everything is alright. My free time is spent on my occupation. I love my job!

A: I'm a Pok?mon trainer; I battle for a living! In my free time, I love shopping. I'm a shoe maniac, and I just like styling myself up, together with my Pok?mon. We look pretty kickass and that sometimes helps us win, when our opponent is intimidated right off the bat.

V: It sounds like you?ve traveled at least a bit. What?s your favorite place in Oceia?

G: It would Circin City but that's the place I work in! My choice will be Piktrik City. I love the place solely for its arts! They have so many fine crafts and they deal with so many artworks! It's a beautiful place to tour!

A: Piktrik City! They have the best boutiques and clothing stores, made by the best artistic hands (I have experienced those hands firsthand *wink*) and creative minds. I love the city; it's beautiful and aesthetically amazing. There's also a colourful and diverse nightlife.

V: Piktrik is a must-see, I guess! All of Oceia is pretty nice, though. What?s the best thing about living here, in your opinion?

G: The Pokemon are lovely and rare in other regions. We are also very friendly and we do not mind visitors! Please do not cause a ruckus however. The region is really lovely.

A: I wanna say the hot boys, but then again, I've never traveled to other regions. The biodiversity here sure is something!

V: Ahaha. I?m really glad to have spoken to you; thanks for chatting!

And there you are, folks- Oceia is a wonderfully biodiverse place with a neat culture behind it! Remember the places Gina and Andy talked about next time you visit- I?m sure you?ll have a great time!

- Reporter Viveka, WPCNN​
lmao how late is this even

Gina & Andy belong to?sarcasm & Ice Goddess respectively;
their original responses can be found here and here.​

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Continental Cataclysm

As reports of world-racking tremors flood our news station, we find it our duty to bring the public up to speed on the causes behind them. Scientists from a number of regions have independently come to the conclusion that source of these events is the legendary Pokémon Regigigas. What motive this powerful force has remains to be seen, but reports have come flooding in regarding never-before seen landmasses seeming to move steadily past regional coastlines. Seafaring vessels are incapable of navigating the now unpredictably roiling oceans, but aerial scouts have identified an assortment of cities, landmarks, and oddly familiar coastlines. The conclusion most have some to is that the continents of the world are on the move. Stay safe as this unprecedented geological phenomenon changes the very world we know.

- Editor Mihira, WPCNN​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years

Advertisement​

National Art Contest

Who? Professor Bradley Poplar
When? TBD
Where? The Cayo Region
What? Design any kind of art, that shows off some aspect of Cayo. It can be the people, places, Pokemon, or even smells! Be creative and use your imagination! Digital art, drawing, CSS, and anything else is acceptable!
Why? To show off the region's talent and to make the region more known!

Reward? Large cash prize, artwork shown across the region, a trip to the Saan region with Brody Bruch, and a free special Pokemon!

Back