• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Username Changes - September 2015 [Read post #186!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Quick reminder that I'm going to be closing this in a couple of days, and some wrapping-up comments:

1) Thanks for your patience with my replies to PMs. Both offline and on here I'm extremely busy, so I wasn't always able to reply in good time. If you sent me a message but I didn't reply to it and your issue is still unresolved, please send me a reminder and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

2) This guy right here. This guy has got it right. If you're using an alt to reserve your name, please consider requesting its deletion so that a new member may use the username. You can't use two usernames at once, so please consider letting your old ones go. This goes the same for people who are "preserving" their old names for history's sake; while I can't force you to do anything, it'd be appreciated if you could let the name go for a new user to have. Put it this way - if you wanted a name but found it to be taken by somebody else for no reason other than because they couldn't commit to letting it go, you'd not be so pleased.

3) The usual reminder that if you have not discussed a username exception with me then an exception isn't going to be made. That's 100% set in stone. Even if the user made only one post 11 years ago and you have 10000 posts or something like that, if you haven't contacted me about it, it isn't going to happen. I'm sorry about the inconvenience but removing old accounts is not something we really like doing so it's important that I know exactly what's happening.

4) One last thing since it's happened a couple of times: if your request isn't valid because of someone else's actions (eg., they requested an invalid username change and you requested their old username, or someone joined with the username you wanted after you made your request) and it isn't your fault, I'll try to contact you after the name change period is over to offer you an alternative. Just to let you guys know about the procedure in that case.

Okay, that's all for now. Get your requests in quickly as I will be closing this thread at any time on the 14th!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Current Username: Hikari Takahashi
    Requested Username: Hikari

This member hasn't logged in since February of 2006 so... I think it's safe to assume that they're not an active member!

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Current username: joexv
    Requested username: Joexv
    The noncapatilized J has bothered me for years and it needs to go away.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Current username: #1 super best chaos
    Requested username: chaos

I have been using the name "chaos" in the Pokemon community since 2001 and am well-known under this name as the owner of Smogon and co-owner of Pokemon Showdown's official server.

I was told that I could have this nick if I posted in this thread, even though this request does meet all three criteria (I do not have 100 posts and the "chaos" account has 86 posts, but unused for 6 years). Sorry to waste your time if that is not true.

Nihilego

Years
  • aaaaaand we're done here.

Over the next few days to a week or so I'll make these changes. If, after all of the name changes have been completed, you haven't received yours and after thoroughly reading the first post you don't know why then PM me and we'll talk about it. Similarly if I made an exception for your name change via PM but didn't change your name here, PM me about it since I probably forgot. I get a lot of these, haha.

I'll be re-making this on 1st Janurary. If you didn't ask for your name change in this thread, you can make your request then. We won't be making any name changes before then, so please don't PM us asking.

Thanks everyone!

Nihilego

Years
  • okay ladies and gents, we're all done here now. Thanks for your patience and sorry for how long some of these took - we had a lot of requests this time around and my internet is unstable as anything.

I'll now be taking any PMs with questions re: why your name wasn't changed / ideas or suggestions for the name change system / questions in general / etc. Once you've read the first post carefully, go ahead and send me anything and I'll get back to you asap.

As I said before I'll re-make this on 1st or 2nd January, so you can ask for your next name changes then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back