• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the Best Soundtrack?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I honestly thought the music was a definitely step up from the previous pokemon games, at least in my opinion! So here, the topic is basically about the music in the games; which music sound track did you like from the Gen V games the most? It can be anything, from either or both games!

Ah, for example, I'll give you my favourite!

It's the 'Last Pokemon' theme that plays when the Gym Leader has one pokemon left. It's pretty epic as a sign that you're nearing victory, but in an essence, you still have some what of a way to go because most likely you're facing off against the Gym Leader's toughest pokemon, and if you beat that pokemon, you'd get a badge! I think it's a pretty good soundfont towards it~!

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017

I really liked the champion battle theme a lot! (I tend to in most game for some reason.)

Years
  • I really loved the impact the soundtrack of this generation left me, but if one theme were to have stood out more than others it would be this one:

I often teared up when I saw that moment when Bianca's dad tried to take her home and then Elesa intervenes. And it was all thanks to this soft tearful number.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• This was also my favourite theme... but there was a second theme that came really close for me... The final N battle theme. Two dragons, destined to fight. Truth. Ideals. This song started and you knew things were about to get real.

Years
  • This was also my favourite theme... but there was a second theme that came really close for me... The final N battle theme. Two dragons, destined to fight. Truth. Ideals. This song started and you knew things were about to get real.

This. N's theme was already epic on its own, but the final battle adds some more intense sounds to make it feel epic. I mean, this was basically you and N pitting Reshiram and Zekrom against each other in a battle to never be forgotten.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • mm I concur with Oddy and Hikamaru as Emotion is definitely my favorite song of the generation and perhaps of the entire Pokemon franchise

this one's not too shabby though. I really like the feel that gives off, makes me think of Bowser's castle from the Mario games

Years

• this one's not too shabby though. I really like the feel that gives off, makes me think of Bowser's castle from the Mario games

I definitely love the epic vibes this one gives off, especially given it comes at a very climactic point in your adventure, just before your final showdown with N himself.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    It seems fitting since he's the current character of the week, but I absolutely love Colress's battle theme. It fits who he is as a character and also just how important the battle against him is.

Though Emotion is another favorite of mine, I find myself listening to Colress's battle theme far more often.

Years
  • It seems fitting since he's the current character of the week, but I absolutely love Colress's battle theme. It fits who he is as a character and also just how important the battle against him is.

Though Emotion is another favorite of mine, I find myself listening to Colress's battle theme far more often.

I love the very technological theme with Colress, it really suits his design and also his team which tends to have Steel-types, oh and the Elgyem line as well, because it does suit him. I always love intense battle themes and his is no exception.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This is probably an odd choice, but I love Village Bridge, especially after you add in the instruments. It just progressively gets better and becomes a really lovely tune. :)

Years
  • This is probably an odd choice, but I love Village Bridge, especially after you add in the instruments. It just progressively gets better and becomes a really lovely tune. :)

It also has a vocal track which is something you don't usually hear in music from Pokemon games, but it was a nice touch and definitely added a lot of unique factor.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    How could I have forgotten Village Bridge! It's one of my favorite locations in Unova just because of how they did the song. I take the time to listen to the song as I add each instrument because it sounds so good.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Gen 5 track is the Elite Four Theme. It fits the epic battle feeling that should be present when battling the Elite Four. This was also the first Generation where the Elite Four were all on equal footing and could be battled in any order. I like how the music builds up as the battle continues.

Whilst the theme is for the Elite Four as a whole and not any one character, I feel the theme fits Marshall most of the four.

Back