• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/OOC)

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
Years

• 133Eevee.png

Vedder The Eevee

Species:
    Eevee

Time Spent at the Guild:
    1 week

Appearance:
    Looks like a regular Eevee, apart from his lower front left leg which is the same color as the fur around his neck and tail.

History:
    Vedder was abandoned at a young age, for a reason he still do not know.
    Most of his life he was looking after his family, trying to reunite with them, hoping to get answers for his questions.
    When he was young, Vedder mostly kept to himself and didn't had any friends whatsoever.
    As he grew up, he became a more and more open to others, but he was still very suspicious and didn't trust anyone.

About a year ago Vedder started to have dreams of running in the fields with his family. When he woke up he found himself alone.
    Every day since, Vedder waited for the night, to join his family again in his dreams. He slowly fell into depression, and stopped going outside.
    He lived for the days to end, and the nights to come, and with the nights came the dream, and in them, his family.

He tried to ask his mother and father why they've left him all alone, but they just looked at him with a smile, running.

Slowly Vedder begun to hate the dreams, he was tired of looking at his lifeless family, the one which abandoned him, but never told him why, no matter how many times he asked.
    He tried to avoid the dreams, and developed insomnia. He even met a Drowzee and asked him if he could eat his dreams away, but alas, that didn't work.

One night, when he tried to stay awake, Vedder was looking out of the window, at the fields, the tall grass was blown in the wind.
    He saw a group of Eevee running in the fields, his family he thought, but when he reached the field, they were long gone.

Vedder believes he saw his family that day, he was not sure why they did not came to see him, maybe they thought he died, maybe they forgot him.
    On that day Vedder made a pact with himself, to have an inside job for himself, and start looking after them once again.

One day, he saw a group of tents on the fields near his home, there he saw many other Pokemons, some he didn't recognized.

He approached the group of tents and asked one of the pokemons there what this was, the haven exploration guild, he told him.
    After searching for ways to locate his family for so long, Vedder decided that joining a traveling group might be the best way.

Personality:
    Vedder tends to trust and believe most other Pokemon he meet; He often only starts to really dislike someone when they take advantage of his trust and hurt him.

Having to live without his family for most of his life made him very independent, but the lack of constant interaction caused him to be very behind when it comes to social interaction, being fragile and overly sensitive. He usually had only one good friend, and a few other Pokemon he would speak to regularly.

The dreams of his family had many symptoms to Vedder personality.
    From being insomniac, to praising the sun and worshiping it.
    His dreams and the sighting of the group of Eevee in the fields caused him to believe that his family is out there, probably looking for him and that they still love him. If someone tries to reason with him that he is delusional, Vedder will pretend to not listen to them and continue with his blind faith.

When Vedder sees another family, or merely a couple, he becomes depressed and sad. He will most often go away, and if he must stay, he will try to be as far away as possible from them.

Vedder is the true believer, one which will believe everything, if it will make his one wish come true. His endless search for his parents made him a lunatic in some ways, but in his eyes, it only made him stronger.

Moveset:
    • Wish
    • Quick Attack
    • Swift
    • Baby-Doll Eyes
    • Sand Attack

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Just a friendly reminder to y'all, I encourage those who are remain at the guild camp or are just starting to be written in to join the subplot involving the Leafeon, posted on the top of page 3. If y'all need help writing yourselves in, please feel free to PM me or anyone else or to send me a Skpe message.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Vedder the Eevee

hello! i'm sorry i didn't respond sooner. your history is fine as it is, but i'd like you to write a bit more about Vedder's personality. we know about his history, so you don't really need to reiterate that, and the fact that he's nice to people he likes and mean to people he doesn't... seems kind of a given. could you tell us a bit more about his personality? some strengths and weaknesses perhaps? so for now... you're Pending.

crimsoncero

Years
  • Edited Vedder's personality, I always get stuck when I start writing the personality of my characters, and I guess it's one of those things I will just learn with time, hopefully this will be good.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    I should probably point out that Shape talks in all caps because he is mechanicalized, not because he always yells.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Oh. Thanks for that clarification. We'll pass it off as shouting for now but take note of its mechanization in later posts

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • FYI, yes Gosu was a bit OP in that last post, ain't gonna lie, I was rushed when writing it and didn't think too much about it. However I think I can make it work by having him knock himself unconscious again due to overexerting himself. And him having to go to the infirmary twice in a day will probably cause somebody to yell at him for being reckless, warn him that he's going to get himself killed.

Again...

crimsoncero

Years
  • Just to clarify, Vedder will be awake all night until morning, after sleeping all day long, but he'll probably be on that rock for all that time.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • King calls dibs on one of the slots on the surface. The cave will be too dark and too scary for him jk

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Here, I'll join in:

Ivan the Clefairy
    "Always ready to assist!"

Appearance: "Big ears and a bigger smile... Dull claws... A bit on the tubby side with a cute little swirl... I've got a tail, wings, the works. I can walk on my feet and carry things with my hands; I believe they're calling it 'bipedal' now. Finally: plush, puffed and pink!"

Time Spent at the Guild: "I'm a bit of a newbie around here but I've made certain to get acquaintanced with everyone, at least!"
    About two weeks.

History: "I've been a solo explorer for a while now, though I've mostly just basic item fetch jobs for the Pokémon in my town. Looking forward to the bigger duties, when I get there! Guild-training should certainly help further my exploring career. ..oh, but, ah, before I stumbled into town..."

He was originally raised amongst a tribe of his kind. The reclusive group of nomadic Clefairy and Clefable kept entirely to themselves, secluded in their burrows by day, only active in the moonlight. They were quite timid and rarely interacted with other Pokémon. They lived warily too, in fear of other 'feral' Pokemon, as they were referred to by the Pokémon of the villages, whose minds were so blackened they could not conjure up a single peaceful thought, who spoke with their claws and teeth rather than with words. The Clefairy and 'fable tribe were constantly moving to avoid the other 'feral' Pokémon, out of fear of being attacked, and the dungeons in which they inhabited. A young Ivan grew exasperated with it all. He would grow attached to one landscape, a southern jungle or a mountainous plain, before the head Clefable would grow paranoid again and anxiously order for relocation. Ivan was different than the majority of the Clefairy, in that he was not so much timorous by-nature. He was not afraid of other Pokémon and rebelliously sought to meet as many as he could. He convinced himself not to fear the dungeons or the 'wild 'mons' because he could not relate to the fearfulness of his family.

In the afternoons, when the tribe was asleep, Ivan would set out into the mysterious landscape, his goal to find other Pokémon and to try and talk to them. Sometimes he would find friendly groups, not unlike his own tribe. Other times, he would find the 'wild' Pokémon that seemed so incapable of intelligent thought and, with little notice, would attack him. They signified the beginning of mystery dungeons and Ivan learned the consequences of braving those alone the hard way. He returned on his first day adventuring through a swamp limping with a dislocated wing. A Barboach had managed to do that. Yet Ivan persisted to go on his adventures, dragging himself back to his tribe with scrapes and bumps and bruises, yet at the same time with bright eyes and a blinding smile. He'd return with grand stories about a Sealeo tribe he'd met in a beach cave that flooded with the rising tide and the feral Spinarak he'd managed to subdue in its own web before he valiantly escaped a forested dungeon. Ivan thought he could inspire some thirst for adventure in his own brethren but they only looked upon him apprehensively as he told his stories and fervently dodged his questions as he tried to coax them into coming along. In his quest to relieve his family's fear of the world, Ivan only made them more scared of him. One faithful morning, he awoke to find they had vacated their newest location while he had fallen asleep. They had let him go.

It is this bitter memory that Ivan has latched on to throughout his maturity. Ignoring the fact that he practically lived and learned on his own before his abandonment, ignoring the relieving freedom that he was granted that ultimately made the decision the best for his tribe and for himself, Ivan still thinks sourly of his family to leave him so abruptly behind. It had depressed him at the time. In the midst of his despondency, he did stumble, bamboozled, into a good-natured town, unlike any of the tribes he'd seen before. In a town, he could live in one consistent place alongside many Pokemon of many shape and size, mingling together. It was a golden opportunity for Ivan, being introduced to this sort of refreshing civilization that, through the years, he grew very accustomed to. He decided to pursue his interest in exploration which led to him applying to Bronzong's guild just two weeks prior and even more recently, coming along for the guild's grand expedition.

"I wonder what the tribe would think of me now, strutting about as a guild member? Not that they'd ever had the courage to come and visit. I haven't seen them since they dumped me off in a bluff... broke my heart... not to sound bitter or anything."

Personality: The sociable type, Ivan is most certainly a Poké person. He's a Clefairy who likes to get to know his peers and generally help in any way that he can. Common consensus reputes Ivan as a lovable guy, what with his cordial attitude and inability to say 'no' to a 'mon in need. At the same time, Ivan can be quite the charmer when he wants something, a sycophantic one who flatters with constant assistance and obsequious compliments, and that can be very nettling if someone catches onto his act. Ivan himself is prone to nettling easily. He doesn't take criticism well and will often retort with indirect insults and passive-aggression behavior when his feelings are hurt. Thoroughly aggravate him and Ivan will get grow utterly cantankerous and he'll most certainly remember the Pokémon who tried his nerves grudgingly. Despite his temper, Ivan isn't prone to violence. He possesses a very strong sense of justice, only assailing those who believes to be criminal, but otherwise takes a more peaceful approach. And when his temper isn't spoiled, Ivan is plucky, spirited and even klutzy.

"Right, that's all well and good but do I really seem the 'cantankerous' type to you? And surely you're exaggerating with all that fancy sycophantic talk? Come on. I'm a nice guy! Honest..."

Moveset: | Metronome | Disarming Voice | Defense Curl | Fire Punch | Aromatherapy |

Abilities: As a reminder/summary!
    • Ivan's ability Friend Guard minutely reduces damage done to surrounding Pokemon that Ivan subconsciously perceives as his "allies". The nature of this ability may have also contributed to Ivan's oddly outgoing personality, being that he is a Clefairy.
    • Ivan can also hover off of the ground for about an hour using his wings, though he is restricted mainly to around ten-fifteen feet, based on the amount of light he has 'absorbed'.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• Ahh, a new SU! Been a while but it's good to see new interest rising in the RP. I've read and reviewed your Sing-Up and I like what I see. Quite different from the other active characters of the RP.

Accepted! Welcome aboard... as for what to do with your character now. The main plot, following along with my character Gallant, is largely cut off from anyone joining in late.

However the side plot, taking place with a Steelix upon the Causeway Coast, is still very open to joining! So Ivan could very easily hop in and contribute to the unfolding story there.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    A-yo! Very glad you fancy him. I assume Ivan can get some pointers on where to head next from, say, the Guild staff and that would be the coast with Steelix.

The hard part for me, however, would be figuring out a reason to why Ivan hasn't been with the group in the first place. I'll have to do a bit of brainstorming.

Jay

Years
  • Aye, that plan sounds very suitable to me. Perhaps the Kricket brothers could inform him since they're in the know most of the time.

But yeah, he could've been injured and sitting out of the adventure for the first few days... but the itch to explore needed to be scratched?

Maybe he was busy helping set-up around camp with some last minute preparations and needed some extra time before leaving?

Or maybe he just overslept? .3.

It's up to you.~

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I've settled on a combination of sleeping in and injury as of now. For clarification, is Snubbull a controllable NPC? He has a brief conversation with her. But my first post is nearly completed and should be up this afternoon.

Jay

Years
  • I think it should be fine so long as you're conversation is very brief and not too characterized. But Snubbull is not normally a controllable NPC no.

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Oh, shoot, really? Sorry; I've already posted now, but just let me know if the exchange with Snubbull is too big of a stretch.

And, if I haven't misunderstood, this RP has a Skype group, doesn't it? I think that might help a lot for communication being that this roleplay seems to be moving at a pretty fast pace.

Back