• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/OOC)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • Well, I was gonna say that Argus would be coming back soon, but, uh

it would appear a new Fennekin has already come to take his place.

I'll probably figure something new out later.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Sorry about that (I stole your Fennekin spot :( ). If you need any help at all, feel free to PM me or anyone else if you want any tips or something like that. Or, feel free to join our Skype chat.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Mama the Larvitar

thank you for your interest in joining this RP! unfortunately, i'll need a little bit more clarification before i can accept you. i think i get the general gist of your history, but there are some confusing things. first of all, i think you mean to say that Mama's mother died rather than fainted... i appreciate that you tried to put in the appropriate Pokémon term, but fainting actually means a Pokémon lost a battle, but they'll be okay after some rest. please amend her to having died!

additionally, you mention 'Arra' a number of times in the text, but never actually explain who that is? is it one of the Lairon or something? and how exactly did she herself get the name 'Mama', considering she was just calling her mother? please explain! ... and i'd also like you to work out the personality section a little more.

i'm sorry to ask so much of you, but i want to make sure you have a good feel for your character before you start writing her. if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the others (as Fennekin said above as well).

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    Spoiler:
    Thank you for welcoming me aboard. Yes her mother was dead. I haven't decided how she died. Originally I was going to have it that her mother left for some unknown reason, and when Mama looked for her mom, and then when she couldn't find her. Perhaps Her mother could have left her daughter with the Lairons instead. Mama was named by her mother. Arra is an Aggron. With her mother gone, it allows me to bring her into the story if I want to. I'm also thinking what if Tyranitar lived with the Lairons. It wouldn't make sense to me for Tyranitar, and Mama to live alone in the cave.

I'll ask Fennekin since I see he is online at the moment.

It's not too much work. The preliminary work must be done and solidified.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Gallant-senpai isn't noticing King's attempts. Maybe someone could accompany me have a look for an alternative route towards the treasure?

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• Fire's "Reemo the Remoraid" and Infinite's "Hash the Spinda" are both Accepted! Welcome to the RP.

The next gallant post is going up shortly, it should give all those involved with this section something to do. <3 Remember that if you'd rather make your own stories aside from this... that's fine too. The Gallant stuff is there to give you an easy plot to jump in on.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Shape the Porygon

Mamatar the Larvitar

thank you both so much for listening to my feedback and making amendments. each of your SUs still contain some minor gaps, but with the edits you made thus far, i feel ready to Accept the both of you. feel free to join our skype chat and begin posting. if by any chance you'd like to patch up the final leaks in the SU, just ask and i'll give some additional critique.

other than that, everyone, i'm so proud and very happy with all the activity we're having already! your posts are wonderful so far, and i can't wait to see where we'll take this next. keep up the good work! <3

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Trey farted lol.

Quick clarification: we're fighting 6 poliwhirls and how many beedrills again?

Jay

Years
  • Eros' character "Tyke the Joltik" is Accepted! I really enjoyed the way you tied Gallan into Tyke's backstory... and of course, I appreciate your asking first.

Welcome to the RP!

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    thank you both so much for listening to my feedback and making amendments. each of your SUs still contain some minor gaps, but with the edits you made thus far, i feel ready to Accept the both of you. feel free to join our skype chat and begin posting. if by any chance you'd like to patch up the final leaks in the SU, just ask and i'll give some additional critique.

other than that, everyone, i'm so proud and very happy with all the activity we're having already! your posts are wonderful so far, and i can't wait to see where we'll take this next. keep up the good work! <3

Thank you. I was feeling bad since I haven't worked on her character in 2 days. May I join the expedition at a later date once I have my real life situations sorted out and character sheet completed?
    I would still love to join you guys in skype.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    I hope i can still Register and i hope i can participate Form germany. I dont really know What will happen when this started but i guess i can introduce my Character anyways. If anyone would be so nice they could explain to me How such an online roleplay works.

Name: Magnus
    Species: Magnemite
    Time spent at guild: 7 months 3 days and 15 hours
    Appearance: His appearance is a normal Magnemite except a burned star on top of its head which marks it as the child of the boss of the Magnefac co.
    History: Magnus worked at the Magnefac co., a factory founded by Magnuss parent. When a group of steelix tried to make the magnemites and -tons work for them. Its parent, the boss of the factory and the only magnezone stepped up to defend its factory with its life. The lead steelix killed the magnezone. In rage Magnus used sonicboom on the steelix. When the steelix got hit by the attack it turned on magnus. Magnus quickly used flash. In the flash it escaped. Magnus swore vengeance. It then remembered Pokémon that had been at the factory and had talked about a guild in the town of haven. It set of for haven and entered the guild after having trained there.
    Personality: Magnus is very shy but also rash sometimes. Its a quick thinker and can remember everything (except all moves except a few) by saving it in its database. It likes to read books till late at night and saves them too. If he is bored he will read those. If he is complimented he is embarrassed but it anyone asks him about emotions he will state that "Magnemites have no emotions."
    Moveset: Tackle, Supersonic, Thunder Shock, Sonic boom, Thunderwave

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really can't keep up with the skype chat, sorry.
    Can we please post more plans here? d:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • I really can't keep up with the skype chat, sorry.
    Can we please post more plans here? d:

XD We need a sub chat for our chat, a chat for chit-chat.

Aaaand now that the word chat has lost all meaning; I'll fill you in!

The plan for the main group is to go into the dungeon to fight Boss Battle!Scyther, and get back the treasure it stole.

There's also a sub story going on for the Pokemon that stayed at the camp, or returned to camp due to injury, but we haven't been told what the sub story will be yet.

Hope this helps! =)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    XD We need a sub chat for our chat, a chat for chit-chat.

Aaaand now that the word chat has lost all meaning; I'll fill you in!

The plan for the main group is to go into the dungeon to fight Boss Battle!Scyther, and get back the treasure it stole.

There's also a sub story going on for the Pokemon that stayed at the camp, or returned to camp due to injury, but we haven't been told what the sub story will be yet.

Hope this helps! =)
    thanks fam!

I'll be in the camp then xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018
    Ehe, since I got accepted late, I feel really weird about how to hop in and I don't really know how. Any suggestions?

Years
  • Ehe, since I got accepted late, I feel really weird about how to hop in and I don't really know how. Any suggestions?

Perhaps you slept in and missed the morning meeting, so you're at camp with the others when the side plot starts up. Go mingle with the others in camp.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Think I'll have Gosu wake up in the infirmary and go mingle with some peeps over in the inn. Thats my plan at least <3

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • I'll probably have my character mope in his tent for a little bit, have him join Gosu and chum at the juice bar to cheer himself up. After all, it's not everyday he loses at "battling" (read: rehearsed performances).

Last edited:

Jay

Years
  • Note to all. The side-plot will be posted very shortly!

When a little Leafeon loses something very precious to an aggressive bandit... Only the Haven Exploration Guild can brave the side cave and save the day!

Back