• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your character's alignment

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    alignment_chart_by_movies.jpg

Alignment is a concept commonly associated with D&D, and divides character's morality up over 9 different squares, ranging from Good to Evil, and Lawful to Chaotic.

I thought it would be fun to see where people would put there characters on the alignment chart.

Empty alignment chart for those who want to fill that in~:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    There are a few of my characters missing, but they're morality was the same as someone elses, so I left them out. I do think Luciana and Drew could be switched around, but I'd say she's anything but neutral since her sole goal is to find a family/faction to call her own
    00u2YbO.jpg

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    1c7f837d0e29fccb1fc2ff83ded05584.png

I think this is all the characters I've ever had bar two.

Lawful Good: Smiley, from Titans. An ex-secret service agent, who got employed by a superhero organization. He had a heart of gold and cared greatly for the lives of others, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone. This was especially easy because he was functionally immortal.

Neutral Good: Bug-girl, with a picture of Spider-Gwen because I didn't have a faceclaim and this is close enough I guess. Bug-girl was my Redux character that I used fairly shortly, but enjoyed the concept greatly. She fits neutral good, because she obeys the law most of the time, only breaking if necesarry. She cares for the innocent, and tries to beat down on thugs, but had the idea of controlling the violence she would use. In practice, she wasn't even able to be an actual threat, no matter how violent she would've gotten.

Chaotic Good: Maria, from Venice: Masks & Monsters, with a random model fitting her description as the picture because I barely use faceclaims. Maria does not much care for the law, preferring to work at night, by means of threats, and provocation. She's true however, to her honest working business-family, and generally tries to improve the area around her. Only beating up those who she feels deserve it. She's maybe a bit too good for the city, but luckily she's not too naive.

Lawful Neutral: Niklas, from Dust, with Jason Momoa as Conan as the picture, because again, I didn't have a faceclaim, and this came close. He's Lawful Neutral because he doesn't care for which side he plays, as long as he gets what he wants from it, a challenge. He does however uphold a personal code of honour, and lives by it completely. Anyone overstepping the bounds of this code he sees as inexcusable.

True Neutral: Griffin from Legends of Abyllia, and yes, I did use a somewhat well-known actor as a faceclaim. He's a true neutral not by intention, but because of personality. Remaining a true neutral force isn't something he adheres to because he believes it to be a good state, but because it allows him to scratch his greatest itch: his hunger for knowledge. He would follow laws if possible, but has no qualms about stepping out of those bounds if it means he can discover more. He tries to approach everything objectively and positively, seeing everything as a viewpoint with it's own values, instead of binding them to evil or good.

Chaotic Neutral: Okay, so I've put down Carl Burk, my Railways character, but I'm quickly realizing he doesn't fit this place at all. I pinned him here, because his naivity gave him a bad understanding of what law should be, and he could be swayed to do bad things, but I quickly changed my mind and feel like he's actual lawful good, which is quite the change. He sees the words of others as law, if they tell him something, he assumes it to be true. He wouldn't break a rule for the life of him, but if someone says the rule is different, the rule changes for him, making it fit his lawful good style. Not fixing the picture, though, because lazy.

Chaotic Evil: Emmett from Gunpowder. Emmett is chaotic personified, caring for no laws at all, just doing things because he feels like it. If there is someone who doesn't want his personal freedom limited, it's Emmett. He'll switch sides if he thinks the other side is more fun, but generally, he chooses neither and just annoys both. He's evil because he gets joy out of the adrenaline rushed of being traced, or pissing off an opponent, and the stronger they are, the better. His actions are never beneficial to any greater good, or any person that isn't himself. He will commit unspeakable crimes just to provoke people. He would also not do a good deed if he didn't benefitted from it in a way that influenced his surroundings negatively, because stabilizing a situation would be boring. If a group of thugs were hanging someone, he'd see the hanging as a distraction. The only reason he would save the hangman is if it would piss the thugs of more than just a good kick in the back and an insult. Emmett actually strifes towards a more aggressive, evil world, because it allows him to experience more rushes.

Years
  • Lawful Good: Giron from Titans - Giron was my shapeshifting alien with immigration problems turned superhero. He was generally just good in almost every way and was always more of a lover than a fighter, even when he was trying to stop the disco-dancing rampage of a villain he never actually resorted to violence. He was a loveable goof with a heart of gold.

Neutral Good: Alex Rose from Gunpowder - Alex was really hard to classify but I think he fits here best. Alex finds life very dull, the only excitement he gets is from hunting down people and capturing or (usually) killing them. However he chooses to follow this sick passion within the realms of the law, working as a bounty hunter.

Chaotic Good: Craw Nezz from Star Wars - Craw's definitely a good guy, he knows right and wrong and has dedicated his life to the jedi order. He's not like your typically narrow-minded follower of the order though, he feels that those in power should always be questioned and is interested in learning the truest nature of the force not just what the order feeds into him.

Lawful Neutral: Adrian Frode from Reapers - I had to go way back to find a character to fit here. Adrian follows the reaper code, he doesn't always like or agree with it but he does it. It's his role in the universe to basically kill things to maintain balance and he's never questioned his orders.

True Neutral: Adalina Capello from Venice - Adalina makes no allegiances with anyone if she can avoid it and she's bound to no moral code but her own. She lives to frustrate the crime families and loves the challenge of stealing valuable items, but by the same token she does have her moral code. She doesn't steal from the poor and she's never taken a life.

Chaotic Neutral: McGregor from Outbreak - McGregor might once have been an officer of the law, but in the midst of a zombie apocalypse he cares about two things; survival and locating his estranged wife and child. He does have a moral compass, but he'll throw morals aside to accomplish those goals.

Lawful Evil: Bridges L. Skellen from One Piece - I had to think for a bit on whether or not I'd he'd be Chaotic Good or Lawful Evil, but in the end this one made the most sense. Skellen is a pirate and an assassin; he lies, cheats, steals and kills and he feels no remorse for his actions. He however is also a doctor and really only commits his crimes out of a belief he's acting to topple the tyrannical world government or out of self-defence.

Neutral Evil:

Chaotic Evil: Rex Flinders from Gunpowder - My short-lived villain, Rex was a ruthless outlaw who murdered and extorted to survive and benefit himself and who rules over his followers with an iron fist. He held to know laws and had no sense of morality.

I found some of these characters extremely hard to place in honesty, Alex in particular was really hard to fit into anywhere. Interestingly enough, I couldn't think of a singular character I've ever played in my years here who fits into Neutral Evil. I imagine though, that it would be extremely hard to play a character like that which might explain why.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Lawful Good: General Serena Rozaline ; Camelot Trigger

Neutral Good: Caroline Bjork ; Dust - Caroline is a goat faunus with the power to see and alter the immediate future, though she's not aware of it. She believes there's good in all people and can't stand the idea that the only way to peace is to fight and presumably eradicate the other side. There must be some kind of compromise that they can reach, and Caroline is dedicated to find it.

Chaotic Good: Jebediah Sanders Kleutsch ; Gunpowder - Jebediah is my main character for gunpowder. He's a real son of a bitch who will do anything to fulfill his goals... except for killing innocents. His only real goal is to find and bring to justice/kill the man who ordered the death of his family. If not for his loose system of morals he would likely be elsewhere on this list.

Lawful Neutral: Deuseas ; Titans

True Neutral: Drake Winston ; Redux The Sinnoh Stories - Drake does what he wants when he wants.

Chaotic Neutral: Major Tom ; Time Police - Major Tom is a 21st century cosmonaut who was stranded out in space. Through radiation and presumably some other force he has been made immortal, living even after the flesh has decayed off of his bones. Major Tom is near completely insane and only really does things for his own good or image. He was brought into the Time Police by chance and decided to go ahead and stay there since it was a pretty good gig altogether.

Lawful Evil: Facio and Barnabas Benedevice ; Venice - The twin brother doctors, Facio and Barnabas will do anything for the sake of research including kidnapping, murder and mutilating the bodies of various living and/or deceased subjects. But they also really care for the people of their city, only kidnapping a few in hopes that they can find a way to cure the masses.

Neutral Evil:

Chaotic Evil: VerAlice ; Gunpowder - The ancient demon god whos taken up residence in the body of a prepubescent girl. He only desires destruction really.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Lawful Good: Athena from Sekirei: Wings of Fate - Chivalrous knight and protector of the weak. Honorable and compassionate, she does her best to follow her own knightly code.

Neutral Good: Luka Sokolov from Reapers: Keepers of the Balance - Has a heart of gold, but rejects some of the Reapers' harsh ways and will rebel against them if he believes it's the right thing to do.

Lawful Neutral: Yorick Amherst Lee from Youkai Academy - Believes that laws are the backbone of civilized society, and will try to uphold them regardless of who gets hurt in the process.

True Neutral: Rattles from Pokemon Odyssey: Search for Cresselia - Does as Bennett asks, with no regards to what or why.

Chaotic Neutral: Agro Merikh, from Pokemon: The Tournament to Beat All Others - All he wants is strong opponents, and will stick with whichever side gets him that. Though while he'll gladly destroy cities and beat down those in his way, he won't kill or go out of his way to hurt the defenseless.

Chaotic Evil: Nona Ceres from Never Split The Party - Everyone else in the world is just another plaything to her, and she has no qualms with poisoning and otherwise maiming others as long as it keeps her entertained. She cares for plants like her children, but that's not enough to get her out of this spot.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Lawful Good: Delta (Begin Again)
    He was a happy go lucky kid who had a good sense of good/evil. Generic Pokemon trainer kid, Gotta be a good guy.

Chaotic Good: Blaze (Begin Again) (NPC)
    Blaze was originally a member of Team Rocket, but would have slowly turned over to the good side as the story progressed. Sadly never got to finish her story, but she would have been good but with unorthodox ways.

Lawful Neutral: NA

True Neutral: NA

Chaotic Neutral: Sheog (Venice)
    Sheog isn't a bad guy. He's just crazy and does what he believes is right, which might be worshipping a lump of cheese one day, and beheading clergymen the next. You never know what you're going to get with him.

Lawful Evil: NA

Chaotic Evil: Krall Adri (Star Wars)
    Krall is in it just for himself. Other people are just a necessary disease, and as soon as he can cut them out of his life he will. Generally with a gun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2016
    Oops I guess I can only do this with my single character on PokeCommunity right now OTL

Neutral Good: Linnet Royer (Trumpets). First impressions would probably put her into Lawful Good for most. She's definitely the type to stick to her morals, but not only do those not necessarily align with what is expected of Pokemon trainer etiquette/rules, she'll also break them without hesitation if she believes that there's a good enough cause.
    [/indent]

ZoroStar

★ The True Star of Illusion ★
    Years
  • Alexandra Lindstrom, werewolf from birth, raised into supernatural hunting, would best be described as Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil.

She does a lot of illegal business to raise funds for arms and assets, as well as to "trade" information from vampires who stray from their own laws.

She has recruited outcast vampires, werewolves, and ghouls into her gang as means to consolidate power, power to beat down a mistake she made six years ago.
    Nobody can say for sure what's going on in her mind, all they know is that she's one hell of a risk-taker.
    Who else would deal with the black market in this day in age?

Back