• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

Of course Golurk needs to show off that he can protect the others just by slinging some attack here and there. He's all muscle, but I don't think he has brains underneath that craggy exterior. Trey hopped up to the Steelix and tried to wake him up using words. King flinched a little as the Steelix started to move. Instinct took over and he opened his jaws, ready to fight if necessary and was quite surprised to hear a gravelly voice speak.

"Why hello there little one... you certainly looked frightened... ohoho, never seen a pokémon as large as me before, have you not? My my..." The Steelix sized the guild recruits up by eyeing each one of them. He lingered particularly long on King, but the Tyrunt is used to that being differently-colored all his life. "A shiny one even... ahh, that does bring back memories. Quite the looker too... Blue is my favorite color!" King managed to relax a little with the Steelix' words. He has the aura of a grandfather and King is quite sure he is very old. There would be no point in fighting him, even if it will allow them to train.

"I suppose I'd best introduce myself eh? I am Stalor... Stalor the Steelix mind you. I'm very old and very tired... so perhaps you kids might tell me what's going on? Take it in turns now. Give me your names... one of you tell me who you are as a group... oh and another tell me why you've chosen to wake me up with such a fiery passion eh? Try to alternate, at my age it's better to hear different voices often, stops me from mixing young folks up you know." Elly was the first one to speak up.

"I am Elly, we are a guild, and we're surveying this area. But you're blocking the road, and we need you to move. That's why I woke you up. If you really don't want to move, you can just stay still and we can climb over you. But that would waste a lot of time, so I'd rather you just get out of the way now," Elly said, rather hastily. King thought it was a little too rude, especially that they were speaking to an elder who, after waking him up, was docile and harmless to them. Other Steelix, or any species for that matter, would automatically attack in a grumpy rage. King would.

"Hello, yes. My name is King," he started, eyeing Elly. "We're from Bronzong's guild and we were tasked to do a little surveillance for the area. From what my guildmate said, it would be really helpful to our endeavor if you could just scooch on a little bit so me can proceed forward. We want to get this thing done and over with as soon as possible. We would greatly appreciate it." King smiled, the way he was taught to smile when he was a child. Who knew his royal upbringing could help him now of all times?
    The Grand Expedition​

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey was horrified as Russell and Elly seemed abruptly woke up the Steelix, certain he was about to meet his death.

"Please don't eat me!" Trey yelled out as he stood there shaking in front of the Steel type, "I wouldn't even taste good!". Trey was really putting on a great performance on how to be a leader. This Steelix, Stalor he called himself, thankfully wasn't the Trubbish eating type and actually seemed quite nice, grandfatherly almost.

"Why hello there little one... you certainly looked frightened... ohoho, never seen a pokémon as large as me before, have you not? My my..." he said to Trey, who was still shaking a lot. Trey nodded slowly but soon after began working up his courage as the others went around and introduced themselves and what the guild was doing. Trey could see the curiosity in Stalor's furrowed eyes as he listened. Soon it was Trey's turn to speak up. He cleared his throat again and did his best to not sound wimpy in front of this seasoned Pokemon.

"M--my name is Trey and we are in the area to explore the cave back over yonder" Trey gestured behind him, "There's supposed to be treasure in there that the other part of our guild is searching for while we clear out the area to make certain we have safe passage through to the next part of expedition!" Trey was clearly gaining his confidence back as he continued to speak about the expedition and the treasures and adventures they had already found and had and were soon to find and have.

"And the best part is..." Trey leaned in close to the Steelix not really wanting anyone else to hear, "I'm beginning to feel like I belong, like I could one day be a leader in this guild..." His voice trailed off as he backed away, done with his introduction to Stalor.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years

• Vedder The Eevee

"Everyone! Stand clear!" said Gallant, Vedder jumped backwards and watched as the wall they were attacking begun to crack. A stream of water sprouted from the cage of stone they were trapped in and washed them away into the darkness of the cave.

"Come play with us Vedder, come on!" The group of young Eevee begged him. They were having a picnic in the meadow near his old house.
    "Go play with your siblings Vedder." Said an Espeon, she was lying together with an Umbreon behind him.
    "Sure, mom" Vedder said. The Eevees chased each other while their parents watched. After they were done chasing each other, they begun fighting. All of the younger Eevees jumped on Vedder, pinning him to the ground. A pulse of rejuvenating energy hit him.
    "Get up," Said the Espeon, "Get up now! We're not out of the clear yet!" her voice fading away, slowly the skies turned black and he could not see anything.

"I can't keep this up while the others can attack me" Said a faint voice. Vedder had the taste of rock and dust in his mouth, he soon realized he was half buried in gravel. 'What is going on…'
    He used his legs to kick the gravel and sand off of himself, creating a fog of sand around him. Quickly after he got out he saw four Sigilyphs attacking his friends; luckily for him, they could not spot him inside the cloud of sand he created earlier.

Vedder knew he had the opportunity to lend his first strike clear and tried to analyze the situation. 'Gallant is fighting, but he is trying to protect Tyke. Gosu has quite effective moves against the Psychic type Sigilyphs, and he already weakened one of them.'
    The Eevee folded his legs, readying to make a quick assault on the weakened Sigilyph. Vedder jumped quickly into the Sigilyph and right after he launched a point blank Swift ray of stars.

"Gosu I'll distract them, keep tormenting them." He shouted towards the gas Pokémon.

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
    Years
  • Vio continued whipping at the wall, but to no avail. She realized that it wouldn't be enough, and felt fainter as each second passed. Suddenly, Gallant called out, "Everyone! Stand clear!"
    Vio looked and moved out of the way as Gallant blasted off a sizable chunk of rock, and then hurled it at the weak point in the wall. It broke through, but unfortunately, it seemed that weakness led to an underground reservoir. Water immediately gushed in as the wall broke, and Vio's world turned black as she was overcome by the suffocating liquid.

------------------------

It was a nice day. It was sunny and warm, but a pleasant breeze kept it from getting any warmer. Vio was in her garden, watering and checking the plethora of lavenders and violets that were in that particular section.
    "There you are, Vio." A gruff voice came from behind Vio. Without even looking, she knew that it was the Venusaur who raised her. Without looking, Vio responded, "Hi papa! Just checking on the flowers."
    Ven laughed, "You always were cautious of those flowers…" He looked around at the colorful garden, "But I suppose that's what makes this place so beautiful."
    Vio smiled at the compliment, "If I don't take care of the flowers…"

'No…. Stop….'

"They won't grow to be beautiful! I think everything should be beautiful…" Vio trailed off, now moving on to a section of daffodils and roses of varying colors. Ven hesitated as he was caught a bit off guard by his adopted daughter's statement.
    "Everything should be beautiful…" Ven agreed. "Hey, how about we go to town tomorrow? We need to get some stuff, and I heard there might be some new plants there that some merchant brought." Ven asked.

'No… Don't… Trust…'

Vio turned to look at Ven, a large and innocent smile on her face, "The town? I'd love to go!"
    Ven laughed, "Ok, it's settled!" He hugged Vio,
    "I love you, Vio."
    "I love you too, papa!"

'Liar! Liar! Liar…'

--------------------------

Vio woke up on a beach, meaning she had somehow survived whatever happened in that cave. She then began coughing out water, and realized that she almost drowned. All of a sudden, she felt a soothing aura around her, and she felt completely energized. She looked around and saw Gallant, who appeared to be the cause of that aura. Gallant went on to inspect a statue that depicted some Pokemon that Vio did not know and was surrounded by four smaller statues of Pokemon Vio also did not know. Vio also noticed that everyone else seemed to make it out alive, fortunately enough. Upon closer inspection, Vio noticed the beach wasn't exactly a beach. They were still underground, but there was land and air, and to one side was a pool of water. As Vio surveyed her surroundings, things took a turn for the worse. As Gallant inspected the statue, the four smaller statues moved, revealing that they were not statues at all, and were in fact, living Pokemon.
    They attacked Gallant, who only barely dodged and then requested everyone who was up to fight. The Gastly from before joined in, and heavily damaged one of the four Pokemon with some black fog while the Eevee supported with a Swift attack. Then, the Joltik screeched loudly, stunning all four of them for a few seconds. In these few seconds, Vio threw razor-sharp leaves at all four of them, landing a critical hit on two of them, one of which was the heavily damaged one. It fell to the floor, knocked out due to too much damage, and only three remained. The Joltik paralyzed another, but was then sent flying into a wall as another one of the Pokemon landed a devastating attack. Focusing on the battle at hand, however, Vio could only keep throwing more leaves, which seemed to be effective despite the type disadvantage. Then, out of nowhere, Vio was hit with an Air Cutter attack from behind by one of the Pokemon who were flying around. The attack cut deeply into Vio's hind leg, and she winced in pain, not noticing that the wound began to bleed. Vio couldn't move too well, but she could still attack. So she stood against a wall to prevent back attacks, and continued throwing leaves. However, the pain was distracting Vio too much for the move to be accurate…

Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

Russell couldn't believe this. This massive creature, who had seemed like such an obstacle, was in reality a kind old man who just wanted to talk. And his teammates readily took him up on it. Which naturally meant he was the last one to speak, and he could feel everyone's eyes on him as the Steelix turned to him. He panicked slightly, trying to remember his question.

"Well, Stalos... uh, I'm Russell. And... uh..." What was his final question? Russell thought, glancing at the others before remembering. "...tell me why you've chosen to wake me up with such a fiery passion eh?" "Oh! And we woke you up because talking would be simpler than me just lifting your old body out of the way! We're young, strong, and very passionate about helping others, and you were presenting an obstacle that we had to overcome!" Satisfied with his answer, he crossed his arms and waited for the old man's response.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png

If they weren't in a pretty dire situation, Tahni likely would have taken a glance around when Gallant told them to stand clear; see if anyone just ignored his orders the way they had during the fight with the Scyther. There was no time for this; however, they needed to blow that hole open now. Tahni crouched, a paw over her head in case of flying debris.
    It worked! They had air again. Good! Now time to track down whatever just tried to murder them and—drown. Water shot into the room with an amazing amount of force and speed. Instinct kicked in, Tahni frantically searched the room for an escape route—which did not exist, all she saw was water…and Davalos. It's amazing how quickly the mind can process in moments of sheer panic; when she saw the fire fox she became immediately certain those little legs could not possibly hold his head above water. In that split second she jumped for him, grabbing the scruff of the Fennekin's neck between her teeth as the stone gave way. The tidal wave struck, Tahni struggled desperately against the rushing water in hopes of getting both herself and Davalos' heads above water…and then everything went black.
    "Uhh…" The little lion groaned as the world came back to her. Her fur was soaking wet, but she no longer felt the residual ache from using Take Down on the wall…did Gallant use heal pulse? Gallant—the guild—the water—Tahni jolts upward in a panic, only to breathe a decently heavy sigh of relief to see the majority of the guild around her. Some still seemed to be knocked out, but no one looked super hurt.
    "…girock... what's that?"
    Tahni glanced in the direction of the voice. A little higher up on this strange gravel beach was Tyke and Gallant, which meant they were all accounted for. The Litleo shakes her body, releasing some of the multiple water droplets before heading up to see what (or who) their mission leader was looking at. She was several feet away when the eerily glowing statues began to move—and then attack.
    "Damn it all... any of you who can stand! Get up! Get up now! We're not out of the clear yet!"
    Attempting to kill two Pidoves with one stone, Tahni cried out the loudest Noble Roar she could muster, weakening the attacks of the not-so-statues, and hopefully being loud enough to jar some of other guild members awake. Such an attack was bound to draw some attention to herself (and away from Gallant, who was pretty outnumbered at this point). As one freakishly over sized eye cut to her, she smirked, curling her body into the pouncing position. As it began to float closer she released a barrage of embers straight for that freaky, over sized eye.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

They were quickly growing overwhelmed by the perfect synchronisation of these strange pokémons attacks. Gallant had heard that Sigilyph were almost robotic in nature... that they had been created eons ago to serve as guardians, but that the species had developed into it's own, somewhat cold, yet still very sentient species.

Was it truly possible that some ancient form of technology from so long ago could still function as was originally intended?! Were these pokémon... really so old that they followed some sort of ancient fabrication of design? It didn't matter. What mattered was that they were too powerful to be stopped. Their strength was quickly overwhelming the guild on all fronts... and even with the guild members managing to take one down together... that alone had taken Gosu's night shade, Tahni's noble roar and Vio's razor leaf... they were still in heaps of trouble. In fact it seemed helpless.

Tyke was laying motionless on the ground a ways away after being launched aside by the opponents. Vio was also badly injured pushed up against the wall. They needed more power... they needed a fighting chance. But his psychic powers were varied, yet admittedly still weak, under the effects of calm mind times two, his confusion still couldn't measure up to the enemies psybeams. One of the Sigilyph was moving towards Tyke's body now. What would we do? What could he do?

He had failed.

No. He couldn't give in now... the guildmaster trusted him. This was his job, but it was also a responsibility, an opportunity to escape his rotting guild and honor the memory of his now deceased mentor. He would not give in because some ancient, mindless drone decided it would stand in his way. He ran forwards as fast as he could as he noticed one of the Sigilyph move towards the downed Tyke. He focused harder than he ever had before in his life... he had two calm minds stacked already, he added another... and another... and another... and a final one still! Six, he could bear no more than six as more energy than he had ever mustered flowed through his veins, interwoven with his DNA, his blood stream, his body and flesh. He had maximized his psychic power and he burst it forward with an ally switch to take Tyke's place and land in front of the Sigilyph, whose assault did not falter.

Gallant thrust both hands forward, unleashing confusion... but something changed, as he began to muster the energy he felt confusion leaving him, the move itself fading completely from his mind as something even more powerful took its place. He could no longer preform confusion... as something much more powerful now took its place. A raw manifestation of his typing and his power. The energy he pushed forth from his mind, boosted by his sharpened stats, was so powerful that it sent physical ripples dancing through the air.

This was psychic.

The Sigilyph crippled as the wave hit it and it crashed into the ground, slowly dragging through the muck as a strange orange aura flowed over its body. Gallant's eyes too, seemed to glow orange, as if this colour was the pure manifestation of his aura and psychic abilities. He rose a hand to the aura and the Sigilyph followed, only for Gallant to crush the flying psychic type hard into the wall of the cavern. Knocking it out instantly. Gallant waved his arm to the side then, tossing the battered beast into the small lake they had emerged from. He followed this with another ally swap to re-switch with Tyke, moving the small bug type safely out of the fray.

"Stand strong everyone! Look now! We've already halved their numbers! Keep fighting, muster your strength! Give everything you have and don't give up!"

Last edited:

Jay

Years

• steelix_by_xous54.png

Stalor the Steelix

Stalor smiled gently at Elly, whom had given him all the information quickly and without so much as her name. "Ahh... the impatience of youth, how I yearn for such fervor. Yet here I am without so much as your name Dear..."

He gazed tiredly at Kind but gave a respectful nod and guffawed somewhat. "Now that's more like it... some manners. That there is something you don't often see in younger pokémon these days. You've clearly had quite the noble upbringing King. Still, you needn't be so very formal... I won't bite, honest! Hoho!" Stalor noticed Trey talking to him then... and lowered his massive steel head downwards to lend the small poison type an ear.

"Oh my... is that so my friend? Well that's amazing work! I'm sure if you keep at it then those aspirations will surely come through." He gave another light chuckle and gazed skywards before shaking his iron crown side to side very softly. "But it's important of course to remember... leadership isn't everything in this life."

His mood went from somber to jovial however, as Russel spoke up. "Lift me and toss me aside is it? Hahahaha! What spunk! I love it! Keep that confidence boy, it'll serve you well in life... so long as you don't mind it getting you into a whole bunch of trouble as well!"

He pondered all of their words carefully then, piecing together all of their accounts in order to form a solid explanation as to their approaching him.

"So you're from Bronzong's exploration guild are you? I see... I see... Would you believe I was on my own exploration team when they first started? A long time ago I know, but oh those were the days..." Stalor looked up and into the distance gently as he remembered times gone by... however what he saw was far from comforting.

A massive wind filled with frost and icy chunks was flowing towards the four guild recruits standing firmly upon the beach. They would be seriously hurt by such an attack... especially so unprepared.

"Be careful children!" On instinct, the old Steelix slammed his tail down behind the guild recruits, protecting them from the wind, but taking the full brunt of the icy wind attack himself. The status condition started to kick in then... ice began to form around Stalor and his body began to painfully lock into place.

"O-oh... bother..." Before he could say anymore Stalor was frozen solid. The perpetrator began to glide forward across the craggy coast, before leaping upwards. With graceful elegance she floated downwards, landing gently upon the frozen tail. It was a Frosslass... a strange scar covered her right eye and held it closed and her expression was cold and empty. Emotionless.

"So you are the ones." It spoke with an icy tone, devoid of all feeling. She clapped her hands together and the air grew 10 degrees colder. Her very body began to vibrate and shake until...

It split. Into three identical copies. No build up, no holding back, she was mirrored exactly. One to three. It was like...

Some advanced form of double team.

Without any word of warning, the three frosslass clones attacked. A trio of ice beams cascaded inwards towards the guild recruits, attempting to slice through them or freeze them solid... or both. There was no word of explanation or warning. Only one phrase was uttered, spoken in complete unison between the three clones as if they were still one entity.

"Where? Where is the tablet?"

Side Plot 2:
    Sizing up the Sleeping Steelix!

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years

• Vedder The Eevee

After his assault on the Sigilyph, Vedder was now standing between the rest of the guardians. He used Baby-Doll Eyes to try and soften them up, but their drone like behavior did not falter. He thought he was doomed, his journey to end after the first adventure. One of the Sigilyphs launched an Air Cutter at him; Vedder tried dodging, but bumped into one of the rocks and fell down.
    The Air Cutter hit the Eevee, partly blinding his sight. With his last breath before fainting, Vedder cast a wish.

While waiting for the wish to take action, Vedder was able to vaguely see Gallant glowing in an orange hued aura. The Kirlia was using a strange, powerful move against the Sigilyph, crashing him to the wall. He was not sure whether it was Psychic or not, but something intrigued him about the move, it was majestic and brutal at the same time; like a fallen king, once great and mighty.

"Stand strong everyone! Look now! We've already halved their numbers! Keep fighting, muster your strength! Give everything you have and don't give up!" Cried the Kirlia, and soon after the wish he cast took action and he was able to fight again. There were three, no, two Sigilyphs left, he tried to use Baby-Doll Eyes once more, maybe this time it will work, but his eyes could still not function fully.
    He used quick attack on one of the Sigilyph, crying out load, in an attempt to distract the pokémon.
    Vedder made contact with the flying guardian but instead of bashing his head like he planned, he was biting one of his wings. A dark feeling has started flowing in him, he felt joy biting the foul assailant, Vedder has kept biting the pokémon's wing until he was not able to keep flying.

"Hit this one with all you have!" Said the Eevee, as he was biting the Sigilyph's black appendage, disabling him from moving.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years

• gastly_by_raiba_art-d4vcv70.png

Gosu the Gastly

"Gosu I'll distract them, keep tormenting them." the Eevee had shouted.

And so it had been. Gosu continually peppered the Sigilyph with fists of Ice and black nightmare fog, while the other Pokemon all chipped away at them as well. However it would appear that these creatures were stronger than they appeared when the small Joltik was struck by one of their attacks.

Suddenly Gallant began to glow with a strange orange energy. Gosu could feel power radiating from this energy, and Gosu assumed that if this energy was to be measured, it would surely have surpassed nine thousand units. Gallant swapped places with the fallen Joltik, and then released a wave of energy at the Sigilyphs. Was this Psychic?

Gosu watched as Gallant easily threw the Sigilyph into the wall of the cavern. he stood in awe of the amazing power before him, and felt a strange sensation, and as if by exposure to the immense power that Gallant had output had made Gosu himself stronger, he felt the shadows of the room twist and float into the air around him, forming a familiar shape, with a new substance. Gosu looked back at his previous battles and remembered how silly he had been. Who even licked their enemies in the first place?

Suddenly Gosu's eyes caught one of the remaining Sigilyphs readying its wings in order to throw an air cutter at the young Litleo from before. "Oh no you don't!" Gosu bellowed, harnessing the strange energies forming a shadowy fist at his side, he hurled it into the chest of the Sigilyph, hitting it with such anger and force that it skid across the rocky cavern floor, tearing chunks of rock apart as it skid by. This Sigilyph, didn't even twitch when it came to a stop. Gosu was tempted to check to see if it was even still breathing, but quickly realized that the creature didn't even have a nose or mouth to breathe out of. Was it not a living creature, but instead a machine harnessing psychic energy to create a faux life? Gosu would have to ask Gallant upon the defeat of the remaining Sigilyph...

For now though, he turned to face the remaining Sigilyph. "Stay strong little ones, as long as you follow your heart, you will always be able to stand victorious!" Gosu shouted as he another shadowy fist formed by his side. He was going to use his new Sucker Punch attack to its full effect on these psychic type Pokemon, and protect his friends! For that is what his heart was telling him to do.

Spoiler: Adventure bag

berry03.png
    1 x Pecha berry
    berry02.png
    1 x Chesto berry

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

Shape the Porygon

250px-137Porygon.png

Shape was getting tired of hitting the rock wall. It would not seem to budge. Shape's energy was beginning to fade, and it felt like it should just give up. Nobody even konws Shape that well anyway. No. Shape can not give up. Shape still had a duty to its Porygon family. It couldn't give up. Shape was one of the few Porygon left in the world. He had to survive, to keep his species alive. Shape charged at the wall again. It didn't budge, but then a voice was heard. The rocks began crumble and fall, and a huge wall of water swept the entire guild away. Shape was being dragged into the bottom part of the stream and started suffocating. It was still a steel type, and because of that, it was heavier than normal and started sinking! Shape slowly started losing conciousness....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"SHAPE, DEAR. DON'T GO OFF TOO FAR TODAY. THE CLOUDS ARE DARK OUTSIDE AND I DON'T WANT ANYTHING HAPPENING TO YOU ALL ALONE."

"I WON'T, MOTHER. I'LL BE SAFE. YOU CAN COUNT ON ME!"

"YOU CAN COUNT ON US TOO, SHAPE DEAR. WE WILL BE HERE WHEN YOU COME HOME."

"OK MOTHER. TELL PAPA I'LL SEE HIM IN THE EVENING!"

"OK SHAPE. HAVE FUN TODAY!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shape finally drifted back into consciousness. It felt light again. that must be a sign that he was a normal type again. Shape was glad Conversion 2 wore off when it did, or he might have drowned in the water. Instead, the guild was in some kind of cove. In front of the guild members, was an entrance to a cave and four Sigilyph that were coming to life and seemingly about to attack them. All of a sudden, a heal wave was shot over Shape and it felt much better. Although despite the heal wave, his injuries were still too much, and he couldn't get back up. Shape helplessly watched as its team members fought the Sigilyph statues with such bravery. It was only after the first pokemon fell that shape got the courage and strength to get up.
    One day.
    One day, I will see my parents again.
    If I give up, I can't see my parents.
    I must not give up. I can tell many stories to them about my adventures, and they would be so proud. i could give them a place to live, food, water. I can't give up.
    Shape found the nearest Sigilyph and unleashed a massive Icy Wind at the pokemon. Shape followed that up by an equally massive Psybeam, managing to confuse the Sigilyph. Shape continued to fight on. It didn't care what hit it with any sort of attack. Shape just is believing, fighting on. Fight on, never give up, and one day, a miracle might happen.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey listened as the others finished up their intros and Stalor gave his thoughts on them all. What did he mean though that leadership isn't everything? All Trey ever dreamed of was being a leader in the guild, proving his worth to everyone, maybe even one day becoming the leader of his very own exploration guild. That would be amazing. That was all Trey wanted in the world. Was Stalor really trying to say that being a leader wasn't the most important thing? That there were other things that were important in achieving Trey's goals?

Trey was stopped short in thought as something Stalor said caught his attention. Stalor had been the leader of his own team before?! Maybe this Pokemon did know what he was talking about...maybe Trey could pick his brain a little more and use him as a role model...maybe this guy was the key towards Trey taking the next step. As he was about to ask some questions of Stalor he noticed that the temperature seemed to have dropped 50 degrees it felt like to him. Something was coming.

The next few seconds happened in a blur. Stalor was frozen...There was this mysterious Pokemon floating in front of them...some serious voodoo happened with its double team...wait Trey recognized that... but he couldn't think from where in the moment...then the four of them were attacked...

Trey jumped back and launched a Sludge attack out of habit to combat one of the Ice Beams but there were two others still coming. "Get out of the way of those Ice Beams! One hit and you're done for!" Trey yelled out. He wasn't about to let his friends end up like Stalor. Finding cover behind the Steelix's body, Trey waited for an opening to attack.

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Post 1; Part I: First Impressions

Ivan!
    | fire punch | aromatherapy | disarming voice | metronome | defense curl |
    (1)

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

'Friends': Snubbull, Tahni, Shape
    Status: Sore leg (not really?) but spirited all the same, until...

The proposal to accompany his fellow guild adventurers on such an expansive expedition had been a grand one indeed. Unfortunately, it seemed Snubbull had failed to assert all of the details. He'd heard a lot of bubbly elation from her on part of it being "the experience of a lifetime"; a magical journey of incomparable proportions where Ivan would make all sorts of friends and have a swell time with them, adventuring across epic landscapes, battling bad guys and collecting an abundance of trinkets and treasure, such would lead the lady Clefairy to swoon once he returned. It was a shame Ivan wasn't having as much of a peachy time as he'd imagined. He supposed the guild wasn't going to baby him—it was an expedition, not a field trip—but, on the other hand, Ivan would have appreciated some straight-faced intelligence on the whole matter. He hadn't even considered the arduous process of transporting the guild tents from dungeon-to-dungeon. Those that weren't toting crates or Mew forbid actually dragging the caravans were forced to walk and what a monotonous, enervating, aggravating walk that was, one that Ivan hadn't been mentally prepared for—or even physically prepared for, as the he had gone and fallen like a fool. Now his leg was bruised and it still ached like a day-old Ekans bike left untreated, despite how Smoochum had near-frozen his thigh yesterday in-response to the diminished supply of ice packs. Ivan was tending to that ill-timed injury now instead of joining the fellow apprentices with silly Miss Snubbull in the longtent. Perhaps it wasn't the flapping, fang-filled fae's fault entirely that Ivan was stuck in the situation that he was now. Perhaps he'd only interpreted her wrong from the beginning, perhaps his excitement had invaded an unbiased perception of how fun the expedition really would be. But, what did it matter. The point was this: he didn't like Snubbull. She rushed about the camp every day like she had a million things to do then snapped at you if you tried to reason that she might be exaggerating.

But, from his dormitory, Ivan could discern the muffled yips of the guild secretary. As he sat massaging his bruised leg and feeling sorry for himself, he heard the convincing "Smiles go for miles!", and felt his bitterness melt away. Listen to them, he thought. They're all peppy and eager while I'm holed up in here, all jaundiced and hurting. At this rate, I'm going to miss out on the entire journey. He'd missed today's morning pep talk and the entire event with the bridge from yesterday that he heard had been a rousing success; what a pathetic impression he was leaving already, Ivan realized. His cohorts recognized who he was, or at least they should, being that he'd introduced himself to the vast majority of them already. They must be thinking lowly of him at that very moment. "That new guy, what a wuss. Too squishy to carry out any real work! Clefairy are all the same, aren't they?" And then, in a worst case scenario, Guildmaster Bronzong would say, "Yes, yes, you're all very right. I think Ivan would be more suited elsewhere," and, with a swing of his ringer, he'd have kicked him from Haven altogether. At least this time Ivan had a suitable excuse. Before he truly was acting coddled—he could at least admit that. He had hardly been associated with the guild for two weeks and their way of doing things conflicted with his sleeping schedule. He'd heard the signature cry and, with disdain, had returned to his slumber, awaking again at early noon when all the other apprentices had gone and left. How they could abandon their resting hours for adventuring was something Ivan could barely comprehend, but he realized now as the meeting outside the longtent was dismissed and his fellows went streaming off towards their next objective, he would have to adapt. He was no morning 'mon but there was nothing else Ivan could do if he wanted to be a well-functioning member of the guild.

Currently, he stepped from his designated dorm tent, throwing a rented treasure bag over one shoulder. The bruise on his left leg was no longer the vibrant shade it had been, instead a faded, darker splotch, though still perceivable, that Ivan hoped he could pass off as a birthmark to those that hadn't seen his stumble. As he applied pressure on the limb, he cringed, but Ivan egged himself onwards. If he truly needed to, he had his wings to fall back on, and with that relatively-reassuring thought, he began cautiously placing one dainty foot in front of the other, moving past the longtent entrance now and in the direction of Brine Cove.

"Clefairy!"

Bah! I take a few steps and she's already behind me! Stupid, stupid Snubbull… Ivan had thought she would have retreated back into the longtent, or at least gone along with the retreating crowd, but no. Like a Braviary, she'd located him and now made a beeline in his direction.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the infirmary right now? That would be behind you," Snubbull sniffed. She eyed him critically, paws at her waist. Ivan returned the unwelcoming expression with a hollow smile.

"Good morning, Snubbull! No, I don't believe I was assigned to the infirmary today. As an apprentice, I've been assigned to Brine Cove with the rest, haven't I?"

"You need to see Dr. Mime about your leg before you can do any exploring. Didn't I tell you this all yesterday?"

"Hmm, maybe you told someone else that. I mean—," he tapped his leg, "—this is a scar I got from crossing paths with a feral Machoke as a hatchling. Hurt like the spirit-realm at the time. But perhaps you're referring to another Clefairy? I mean, it's hard to distinguish who exactly you're addressing when you don't use the Pokemon-in-question's name." His smile broadened.

Snubbull huffed in reply, clearly unappreciative of his snarky response, or perhaps with his presence in-general, as she took some time to formulate a response. "Alright, Ivan, I don't want to argue with you today. If you think you don't need any medical assistance for your bruise, I suppose I can't stop you. But, for Mew's sake, at the very least take your time at the causeway. The stepping stones can't possibly be good for a bad leg."

Before Ivan could say anything complacent, she had already shuffled off, trudging past him through the longtent entrance and letting the opening flap plummet behind her as she disappeared inside. Good! He'd gotten rid of her, at least for now. Knowing Snubbull she'd most likely have Mr. Mime pay him a personal visit despite it all. The Clefairy turned to continue on his way, step after step, smiling still.

Step by step, step by step… The tents lingered behind. The dusty, dirty ground was littered with fractured rock and splintered log from the guild's earth-clearing escapades the night before. Ivan picked his leg up and over, up and over, praying to the ever-fair maiden of the moon that he wouldn't land on any twigs or thorns, as if he weren't damaged enough.

Step by step—oh good, good Cresselia—I'll make it there…

The sun's golden streak on the horizon, signifying the dwindling sunrise, had drained away. In came an uninterrupted bright blue color to replace it. The weather was gloriously clear. Ivan heard the distant crashing of waves. If he listened closely, tipped ears at their most attentive, he could also pick up the sunny quibbling of guild apprentices, the mechanical tone of Shape the Porygon, the carrying roars of Tahni the Litleo. The ground was no longer littered with prickling obstacles so Ivan was free to pacify his pace. There was a steady throbbing in his leg that he sought to ignore and luckily, with the prospect of uniting with his cohorts being a likely one, it was easy to do so. He thought, Almost there. Just step after step. I'll make it...

The landscape was accentuated with the blue of the sky and the blue of the melodically-crashing waves. The once pure-blue surface up above was now streaked sparingly with icy cirrus clouds. Underfoot, the stones of the causeway were a natural wonder, locked together like honeycombs. Ivan felt, as he moved from high-level stone to low-level stone, that he was mimicking the flow of the ocean water. Forgetting his sore leg, he jumped on one rock, hopped down onto another. He wondered how long he could balance on a particularly tall and thin rock. He challenged himself to collect as many pebbles, hidden between the crevices, as he possibly could. Ivan found three and tucked them into his treasure bag, solely because he could. Suddenly, the Clefairy had all the time in the world to spend as he pleased in this beautiful solitude. Step after step~! Step after step~! I'll make it to the cove on time, step after step~!"

But then, as he continued walking, the air grew cold. A wind, come from nowhere, gushed past and Ivan instinctively wrapped himself with his arms. It had come from overhead, he recognized, regaining his composure. He stood just halfways up an upwards-pointed slope now, certain he'd heard snippets of conversation at the top. But, referring back to the breeze, the weather couldn't have turned on the Clefairy in that instantaneous moment. A wind that unnatural had to have an unnatural cause. Had a Pokémon summoned it, he wondered, perhaps a guild member atop the slope? Ivan began to hurry again.

BLAP! A bright white beam flashed, very near. Ivan panicked and dove against the side of the incline, heart beating fast. The long-ranged attack had come far too close to his face. He heard it strike inches above him, leaving a mess of frosted-over rock in its wake. As he stood, heart pounding, the Clefairy began to place the pieces together. Where did that wind come from? Where did that unmistakable Ice Beam come from? A Pokemon, of course. A Pokemon had summoned those distinct attacking moves, most likely against the guild members. There was up here, after all. This wild Pokémon--Ivan assumed they must be wild--was striving to freeze his teammates solid!

Last edited:

jombii

Years

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

King wasn't sure if he wanted Stalor to discover his royal background. He knew of course that royalties are expected to be good when it comes to manners but he knew also that it was not exclusive to them. Why are people so rude these days?

"So you're from Bronzong's exploration guild are you? I see... I see... Would you believe I was on my own exploration team when they first started? A long time ago I know, but oh those were the days..." Stalor started which immediately caught the recruits' attention, not only King's. They were actually talking to someone who had experience in leading a guild and is not as stoic as Bronzong and not as job-conscious as Gallant! I could pick his mind! This is my chance!

However, before they even got the chance to actually talk a little about the guild, someone interrupted them. The Steelix was the first one to notice it and managed to say, ""Be careful children!" before he got frozen.

"FROZEN?!" King exclaimed out loud, totally surprised by the happenings.

"So you are the ones," their attacker spoke up. King turned his head and saw an ugly Froslass, probably the ugliest he had ever seen. It split into three identical copies and fired an Ice Beam towards the recruits. Flames automatically erupted from his fangs as King managed to deflect the attack with a Fire Fang.

"Where? Where is the tablet?" Tablet? Before he could think, Trey was already shouting and taking cover behind the frozen Steelix. King decided to copy him as the Steel-type's bulk is enough to provide ample cover for all of them.

"Do you know any tablet?" King asked his teammates. "We don't have any tablet, right?" King peeked through the frozen Steelix, thanking Stalor for his protection. "We must think of something quick!" King looked at the approaching Froslass and decided to do something. He summoned rocks from the ground below Froslass and kept it hovering above it. Stealth Rock! One move and the rocks will crush you! "Let's force the Pokemon to move with long-range attacks! If it moves, my Stealth Rocks will automatically kick in and crush it!"
    The Grand Expedition​

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

His response was fairly predictable to her, although she had hoped that it would've been slightly different. An old tired man, stereotyping her as some brash youth.

But then the unpredictable struck. Coldness, the frozen mass of the old Steelix, and then a new opponent. She yelped in shock, but quickly tried to regain her composure, staring her opponent down and snarling. "This whole 'duplicating yourself' crap is getting really old,"

Elly went on to follow the lead of her team mates, using Stalor's massive body to dive for cover from the flash frozen beams flying at her, then noticing somewhere nearby, a pink blur doing the same.

@Disclosed

"Hey, you! Get over here if you don't want to get yourself killed!" She shouted at the Pokemon, before turning her attention to King.

@Varys

"I have no idea what that crazy witch is talking about! This must be a misunderstanding, but she won't listen. So let's fight, and let's win," Concentrating her surprise and frustration at this sudden and unwelcome attack, she felt the psychic energy warming up within her ears. Elly held up her paw and emitted a purple psychic burst of Confusion in the direction of the clones. She wasn't aiming head-on at them, but rather close enough to make them feel the need to dodge.

Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

Everyone was getting along great, and Russell was starting to regret how quickly he had rushed to fight Stalor. But he was also getting bored. Just standing around talking would get old fast. So of course, the universe sent a challenge his way, in the form of another duplicating Pokemon.

He ducked as the Froslasses started throwing Ice Beams around, noticing his teammates taking cover behind Stalor. That simply wasn't his style, and it seemed unfair to use the old Steelix as a living shield. Instead, Russell charged for the nearest Froslass, shadowy purple energy engulfing his fists. "Shadow Punch!" In his experience, most Ghost types were physically weak, relying on their phase ability to survive fist fights. He expected these ice queens to go down with only a couple hits. Especially if those rocks were as effective on Ice as he thought.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • When the cave managed to finally give way to allow the Pokemon some breathing air, Dávalos had little time to bask in the triumph of getting fresh air into the cave. Water, the accursed force that had been the bane of his recent expenditures, began to quickly fill the room. In a panic, he realized that he was unable to swim, not needing to learn how to swim in an inland village as a fire type performing in a magic troupe. Feeling, for the first time in his life, truly terrified as his head began to dip under water. Just in the nick of time, however, Tahni plucked his head above the water and managed to keep them both above water, until a tidal wave struck; the duo succumbed to the water and everything went black.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    After having a vague dream about a memory of being shown a trick he could never quite get down by his mother on a bright sunny day, Dávalos awoke taking a breath, expecting water, but relieved that it was a breath of fresh air. He took this time to shake off his wet fur and to clear his thoughts out of grogginess. As he began to awake from the doggies of the mind, he registered Gallant talking about a tomb. Before Dávalos could even muster a response, Gallant shouted, "Damn it all…any of you who can stand! Get up! Get up now! We're not out of the clear yet!"

As he spoke, the apparent statues came to life and were revealed to be Sigilyph, creepy aberrations in Dávalos' mind. As the fight unfolded around him, Dávalos took to a Sigilyph that had not been hit by the other teammates. Snarling and realizing that one of the Sigilyph was diving towards Tyke, landing a blow that blew him towards the far wall of the cave, he rushed to the defense of Tyke. In a moment of recklessness and bravery, Dávalos shouted, with a slight tremble in his accented voice, "Hey, over here! Y-You leave poor Tyke alone, you big coward!"

The Sigilyph, focusing its attention on the Fennekin that had just insulted him, doubled back to where Dávalos was, preparing another Air Cutter attack with frightening ferocity and speed. With no time to lose, Dávalos thought, just before executing something he had been trying to perfect since childhood, Now's the chance! In a move of surprising grace and meticulous timing, he executed a Fire Spin, pirouetting with a veil of fire, at the precise moment the Sigilyph was to land a blow. Taking the Sigilyph by complete surprise, it took the full brunt of the attack, which significantly incapacitated the Sigilyph, which was now trapped in a vortex of flames. Not losing any more time, he followed up the attack with a medium range Flamethrower, adding to the inferno the Sigilyph was put in, taking it down for the count.

From the corner of his right eye, he could see another Sigilyph, although severely injured, still willing to put up a fight. Dávalos had no time to lose...

jombii

Years

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

Elly did the logical thing and hid behind Stalor's hulking body. Russell, on the other hand, did a really foolhardy thing. Did I really expect Russel to actually think for once? Instead of crouching behind the Steelix, who could actually take hits as the ice encasing him protects him from all but the most powerful attacks, Russell rushed head-on to the copies of the Froslass, his fist glowing an eerie purple aura. "Shadow Punch!" King have to give some credit to the Golett, however. Type-advantage is always at the top of his mind when attacking.

"Elly, cover me. I have to go and help in Russell. He can't just punch his way through three copies of Froslass," King said. He jumped over Steelix and started rushing towards the Froslass and Russell. His jaw burst into flames and he prepared his handy Fire Fang.Why am I even doing this for this fool?

As Russell punch the copies, the Stealth Rocks are likewise doing damage. The copies are trying to avoid the attacks but each movement will send a rock to hurtle towards them. King and Russell just needs to keep them moving. "Russell!" King shouted, over the flames erupting in his fangs. He bit down one of the copies and tried to do as much damage as he can on it but the Froslass only phased through the attack.

He roared and sent another batch of Stealth Rock up, noticing that the previous ones are already low in count. "RAAAWWWR!"

The Grand Expedition​

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png
    Tahni watched as Gallant called upon his Calm Mind power again and again, and then unleashed a power so strong it practically turned the Sigilyph inside out. She had never thought to do that before—using power up or power down moves more than once…she sort of assumed her roars lost their effectiveness after being heard. She should give another one a try. One Noble Roar didn't do a whole lot of good, these Pokémon still had power to spare, but if she kept using her Noble Roars the way Gallant kept using his Calm Minds, these guys wouldn't be able to blow out a candle with their aerial aces, much less put up a fight.
    That was the plan, anyway. With Gallant's new attack he had managed to half their enemy's numbers, and with his inspirational words, everyone was taking on this fight with new vigor. There was no need to release another Noble Roar; their enemies wouldn't be awake long enough to hear it.
    There was one Sigilyph left, one that seemed to be flying upward in hopes of dive bombing the group. Tahni snarled, charging after it with all her speed. Once close enough, she shoved all her energy into her back legs and jumped for the flying beast. Their ability to fly is an advantage, and most of their attacks are coming from their wings. If she can just get a hold of their wings, if she can just…bite onto them.
    Her mouth opens as she ascends into the air, and it's only now that she realizes the warmth coming from her mouth, and the…flames?! She clamps down on the Sigilyph's wing, fire flitting into the air when she bites down. Yes! A new attack! And one she can really kick butt with! Tahni holds onto the Sigilyph's wing with all her might as the creature, unable to keep itself up with the added weight and single wing, crashes into the ground below.

Jay

Years

• steelix_by_xous54.png

Stalor the Steelix

Stalor was forced to watch from his icy prison as the young pokémon he had been chatting with were beset upon by the strange duplicating ice type. They fought valiantly, the stealth rocks set up by King slowed one of the Frosslass down completely, while Russel and the same Tyrunts physical attacks knocked back the opposition. Another pink pokémon had also joined the fray, a clefairy, whom had been beckoned over by Elly to join them in cover. It was then that Elly's confusion kicked in and as expected the stationary Frosslass chose to dodge! Ramming straight into the pointed stones encircling her even now! With a shaded punch, blazing fang and rocky trickery. The three clones dissipated and Stalor felt his heart relax...

Though only for a moment.

Just as the three clones were defeated, five more rose up from opposite Stalor's still frozen tail... while a sixth jumped up to float behind. Were those initial three really just distractions?! Allowing the Frosslass to create even more clones to stand against the guild recruits? The six frosslass all raised their hands up skyward, balls of shadow forming and mingling to create a massive orb of darkness. This was still just one pokémon... even when split how did it have this much strength?! The ability to create and merge six shadow balls into a single entity! A creation so destructive that it might block out the sun?! What was going on?!

The children were helpless. Stalor realized. They would surely perish here if he did not intervene. He had to do something. Anything. Guilt ran through his mind... years ago he had promised not to fight... not to harm others ever again. But if he let these children die here... would he really able to look at his reflection upon the thrashing coastline or underground lake?

He had to fight again. Just this once. He had to do something.

Stalors fangs began to burn with a molten hot energy, a piercing white hot flame melted the ice surrounding his face and somehow illuminated part of the dark energy that was the mass shadow ball. The ice surrounding his body began to crack as he regained rudimentary movement of his body. The Frosslass upon his tail wavered as their footing was put off balance, their mass of dark energy shuddering as they lost focus.

With one final heaving movement, Stalor shattered the ice surrounding his form and heaved his tail upwards, the Frosslass were thrown skyward as the old steeli's tail began to glow with that same white. Not with searing flames this time, but with the pure reflective surface of metal. "Let me show you crones the power of my IRON TAIL!" Stalor cried out as with unbelievable speed he whipped his body, swirling around the guild mates perfectly to not hit a single one... his tail smashed each and every Frosslass image and tossed it backwards, they all crashed and bounced along the ground. Fading to nothing until one one remained.

It looked at Stalor, as if memorizing his face. It had a look of pain, anger and disgust as it took in his every feature. Finally it collapsed onto the ground and then...

It too faded away.

They all vanished like apparitions. As if they had never been there at all... had they been there at all? It was impossible, even a ghost type would leave behind a shell if it "died". The situation at hand didn't make sense.

Stalor lowered itself to the ground and let out a gentle sigh. It seemed to be over. Finally the battle was done... he hated fighting. He hadn't done it in years for that reason.

"Children... are you all al- What?!"

Just as he began to speak the entire coast started to shift as if affected by a terrible earthquake. Stalor did his best to wrap his tail around the guild until the shaking subsided.

He had felt a more minor tremor earlier. Was the sleeping giant of this great coast awakening? Why? It made no sense... in all of Stalor's years staying at that location, nothing had ever-

Something one of the guild recruit's had said suddenly stuck out in his mind.

"...we are in the area to explore the cave back over yonder."​

Stalor's eyes widened in panic and realization, he quickly turned his head to the recruits before and spoke quickly in a panicked tone.

"Children! Where are your fellows?! The rest of your guild! Where are they?!"

IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

The final Sigilyph fell to Tahni's attack and Gallant breathed a sigh of relief. Somehow, despite the odds. They had done it. Stretching gently he moved to Tyke and Vio in turn, using his still extremely sharpened mind to deliver a powerful heal pulse to each. He stood in front of the guild recruits then for a moment.

"Good job everyone... I'm very impressed with all of you. Despite everything we managed to pull through together and claim victory. Now, our next order of business should be to search for a way out of- Gah!"

Gallant stumbled forward as a massive earthquake shook the walls and very foundation of the entire underwater lake, beach and domed roof. Gallant turned around to locate the source and his eyes widened in shock. The sealed entrance behind the massive stone arch began to slowly slide open, as if the tremors triggered some sort of mechanism. The ancient stone slid open and behind it was a plain and empty stone chamber. Devoid of all design and craftsmanship. All that stood in the room was the lone pokémon depicted upon the arch. The one who stood above the Sigilyph. It rose a single arm, even in movement seeming as a statue... and it crashed its fist into the ground. A tremor unlike any other rocked the cavern and Gallant fell harshly to the ground. The lake rose... the vibrations sending the water rushing into the air to splatter against the roof... it fell from above like rain and caused the unmistakable sound of weather.

The stones comprising of its body were varying shades of brown, unlike the grey stone that comprised the statue depicting this strange entity and the very chamber it slept in. It was so still and calm... yet there was some semblance of life emanating from it. An artificial strain of existence, as if this was a creature built to defend and guard. A moving entity that thought and existed, yet not by natural means. A living entity... crafted entirely by the hands of living entities.

And it exuded an aura of power that dwarfed anything that Gallant had ever seen before in his life.

It stood. Slowly, with purpose. Gallant tried to read its feelings. He could not.

For the beast felt nothing at all.

"I AM REGIROCK." It's voice only shook the cavern further.

"YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE COME HERE."

It stood up straight and the seven dots arranged into a pattern that made up its face began to glow. It raised a single solitary arm and aimed it forward loosely... and a barrage of boulders ripped themselves from the wall and thrashed forward towards the group. Gallant readied every ounce of psychic power that was available to him and swung every boulder he could aside... they were moving with such an intense velocity... he only just barely managed to shift their trajectory aside, forcing the rocks to miss the group by inches. It was as if he were moving mountains, locked in place for centuries... and he fell to his knees gasping for breath at the sheer effort he had wasted, even when boosted to maximum power.

Regirock said nothing, he swimply swiped his arm through the air and another barrage was sent forward. Gallant gave everything he had to send the rocks flying aside and once again he managed it, all bar one... which crashed into him directly and shattered to pebbles on impact. He was launched back with force he didn't think was imaginable. He crashed along the ground unable to stop himself and in what seemed like an instant he was crushed against the wall, making a light indent in the stone.

Slowly he peeled off and fell to the ground. He had all but lost consciousness when the rock had hit him... and as he hit the ground he was down and out. Utterly defeated.

The guild were left alone, to stand against the might of Regirock.

They didn't stand a chance.

Back