• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Mystery Dungeon: The Grand Expedition (T/IC)

Crescent Moon

Ready? Here we go...
Years
  • Vio shakily sighed in relief as the last Sigilyph went down. As soon as she saw it go down, she used Synthesis, healing the cut to the point where she could at least walk comfortably. Then, things got worse, if that was even possible. A piece of wall slid open and revealed a Pokemon that looked the same as the statue.
    "I am Regirock" it identified itself.
    "You should never have come here." It then said.

Gallant tried his hardest to protect everyone, but was ultimately knocked out by Regirock's overwhelming strength. Vio knew they were screwed, but something made her move forward to the front of the group. 'Protect them.' Vio began thinking to herself. She reached the front of the group and stood defiantly against Regirock. Regirock began to send another onslaught of boulders, and Vio felt something from inside.
    "Like hell I'll let anyone die here to some rock!" She yelled out. Regirock seemed undisturbed and continued his attack. As the boulders came, Vio yelled, and a bright blue aura began to surround everyone. Vio took the boulders head on and was easily sent flying into a wall. However... instead of being killed, she was only knocked out, barely surviving the attack thanks to the power of Reflect. Her breathing was weak, but she survived nonetheless.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years

• Vedder The Eevee

Eevee-eevee-16778684-357-364.jpg

Quick Attack | Swift | Baby-Doll Eyes | Sand Attack | Wish | Bite

It was his first encounter with a hostile pokémon. The silence after the triumph was shattered by Gallant's words of praise; it felt good to be part of a team. It then dawned on him the fact that he used Bite, a dark type move. He then remembered the feeling of ecstasy when he used the move on the vile Sigilyph, the power and strength it had on it due to it's nature. Vedder wandered if this feeling is connected to the dark type, or whether it was the fighting; but he was sure on one thing… he liked it.

Vedder finally took the time to look at the room, there was a great statue of a creature. On the archway under the statue there was a tablet with runes he did not know. There was an ominous aura coming out of the entrance below the archway. As Gallant started walking towards it, he felt like he should stop him, but that feeling also intrigued him and he let the Kirlia walk.

Suddenly the ground started to shake, Vedder has dug his claws into the sandy ground, trying to stay on his feet. The feeling got stronger and stronger, and he slowly walked towards the entrance and Gallant.
    The stone blocking the entryway moved and revealed a plain room, with the creature depicted in the statue above. It then raised it's rocky arm and smashed the ground. Tremors spread through the ground, causing Vedder to fall to his knees. It felt like the seven dots on the creature face was focusing on him… It's going to be the end of us, he felt.

"I AM REGIROCK." Said the rock like creature

"YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE COME HERE."

Something was odd, he felt, there was a regal and majestic feeling from the creature, Regirock, but also a terrifying sensation. At that moment boulders came flying by towards the group, it was attacking them. The first barrage was deflected by Gallant, on the second barrage the Kirlia was sent flying through the cave until hitting a wall. Vedder was shaking, he was not strong enough to face any of the boulders, he could not do anything, even Gallant was defeated so easily.

The third flight of boulders appeared from the entrance, this time it was Vio who shielded them, but she was, like Gallant, incapable of fighting anymore.

The next wave appeared, a boulder came flying out of the entrance and hit Vedder. It felt like he was crushed by a Snorlax, one who was flying at high velocity, he was knocked onto the back wall, slowly losing conscious, he could see the rest of his group, some of them are still on their legs, and some incapable of moving. I've lost, he thought, as his eyes finally closed down.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years

• 75de3c21e1dab4113036311bd9003c4faa8d3cfb_hq.jpg

TREY

Trey was just about to spring into action with a Rollout when all of a sudden the battle was over! One second there were a bunch of Froslass to fight and the next...nothing. Stalor just went beast mode on those Froslass images and basically turned them into nothing. This Steelix was one powerful Pokemon. Trey for sure needed to get this guy to mentor him now. Turning his attention back to the now over battle though Trey began thinking, "Those clones, was that a double team...?" and then it Trey " That was just like the Scyther from yesterday! and it even had a similar scar!"

"Hey guys! That Froslass was just like the Scyther! What is going on here!?" Trey shouted to his guildmates, "And that Froslass said something about a tablet...what do you think that's about?"

Trey began thinking more when what felt like a large earthquake sent Trey sprawling to the ground. What the...? Trey thought before being interrupted by the Steelix

"Children! Where are your fellows?! The rest of your guild! Where are they?!"

The Steelix had a look of extreme fear and worry in his eyes and Trey knew something bad was happening. This couldn't be good. Trey quickly got to his feet. They needed to save the rest of the guild it sounded like and Trey was willing to do whatever necessary.

"They are in the cave! There was supposed to be some kind of treasure in it and they were going to go find it! Why what's going on!? Are they danger!? We need to go help them if so!" Trey shouted up at the Steelix. Trey's guildmates could be in serious trouble and they needed to go save them.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
    Years
  • TahniArc Two

Tahni2_zpsjramauqe.png

The realization hit Tahni as Gallant smashed into the stone wall, hard enough to leave a dint: They can't win. They just don't have a prayer. If fighting is useless, then…can she reason with it? If she tells Regirock they're leaving, then…no. It takes a functioning brain to reason, and you have to be alive to have a brain. She's…pretty sure this thing isn't alive. It was made to defend this temple, and whatever made it likely told Regirock not to let anyone that comes in leave…lest they tell more people about the cave.

She watches in horror as the little Eevee goes down, she's mentally screaming at herself to think up a plan, but there just isn't one. This thing is made of solid rock, she can't burn it, and if she charges it, she'll get hurt by the impact more than it will…and even if she had a tiny chance of leaving the thing burned and slowly draining away its energy, the water falling from the sky made that even less likely than it normally would be.

Do something! Anything is better than just standing here!

She can't win, but…maybe she doesn't have to. If she can hold Regirock off, even for just a few seconds, maybe the others can get away. Maybe they can call for help. Tahni swallows, draws in a breath, and forces out a loud Noble Roar. There's a very tiny chance the caves echo will help her roar be heard outside, and if it doesn't…at least it will weaken Regirock a little, so its impact won't kill her, just…hurt a lot.

"EVERYBODY RUN! RUN AND DON'T LOOK BACK! THERE'S GOT TO BE A WAY OUT OF HERE. GET HELP."

With those words yelled she heaves a fire spin at the giant beast. It won't hurt the monster enough to count for anything, but being stuck in a swirling vortex of fire has got to obstruct its vision (or its sensors, are those glowing dots even eyes?) As the flames spin, Tahni runs towards the giant beast, leaping over a rock that's hurled in her direction, and rolling under another. Each second she evades counts, just keep going, she's little and fast, and this thing is slow and bulky…it'll be fine, she tells herself.

Tahni ducks under the giant creature's legs, and just barely evades its giant arm smashing. Its heavy arm rests on the ground for a second, and the little lion leaps onto it, climbing up his arm and shooting a close range ember at the blinking dots. Regirock lifts its arm and smashes the tiny lion into the stone wall behind it.
    Everything goes black before Tahni even registers she's been hit.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Post 2; Part I: First Impressions

Ivan!
    | fire punch | aromatherapy | disarming voice | metronome | defense curl |
    (2)

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

'Friends': Trey, Stalor, Elly, King, Russell
    Status: Panicked, frantic, anxious and just a little bit sore

The stunning flash of an Ice Beam left the earth above Ivan's head entirely frozen. The Clefairy was just able to run a shaking hand over the gelid space atop the very tips of his feet. This was the only point of the incline wall in which he could have hoisted himself up towards his guildmates, but now he was faced with the idiotic prospect of lifting himself directly onto solid ice, most likely being seen by the Froslass in the process. Ivan was left with three options, now: one, he could scoot up the path as he had been and turn—right smack dab into the assaulter. Two, he could try vainfully to scale the higher walls of the incline; in other words, waste his time. Finally, three, he could waste the remainder of the ill-saved light in his wings to fly up—he imagined the show of sparkles would make him the perfect target for an intentional Ice Beam. Ignoring option two, Ivan concluded that, ultimately, one and three had parlous consequences that would either turn him into a rosy-pink snowman or make him look incredibly—

"Hey, you! Get over here if you don't want to get yourself killed!"

stupid. Bah! That vacuous mew, that was no other than Elly the Espurr's it seemed. Nothing short of abrasive, that kit. Ivan loathed her attitude but she was a curious case nonetheless and he often wondered—from afar of course, whenever he heard her—what could have inspired such an insipid attitude. But my, she was a perceptive one, leaving Ivan perplexed as he planted himself under the incline once again. He'd only briefly brushed a hand over the overhanging earth. Perhaps it was the ears Elly saw and felt the need to speak up about; they were rather tall. But, then again, why had she felt the need to call to him? Perceptive she was but not very astute, he thought.

'Get myself killed'...? The Froslass hadn't seen me yet! Oh, but just my luck, the frosty freak'll catch a glimpse of me now because you went and called me out, Elly! Talk about 'getting killed'... I'd either slip on that ice on my way up and break every bone in my little body or the Froslass would see me and do that all for me! I thought Psychics were supposed to be brainiacs, great Cresselia!

He hoped his guildmates knew what they were doing. He prayed they would distract the danger away from him. He heard their shouting, a deep-throated "RAWRRRR", the sounds of impact. It did nothing for Ivan who stood with eyes scrunched shut, as immobile as a statue. The cacophony of destruction reverberated overhead and the little Clefairy's pulse quickened as if to match its chaotic pace as he waited agonizingly for it all to end.

And then there came a great heaving. The chill aura of Froslass was right above. Ivan dared to look up, now, to see the frost-masked face of the attacker glare ahead at someone else and disapparate. The Clefairy hesitated, continued to stare, but they did not reappear. With that, Ivan ran.

He sprinted up the path and turned past the frozen spot, just to nearly skid across another icy patch left by a second stray Ice attack. His guildmates were scattered across the causeway, anything but exhausted—Elly, Russell, King—he'd heard that unmistakable roar seconds ago—and… another apprentice, a Trubbish. He couldn't remember their name. But then there was another Pokémon that laid a shadow over him, one plated in glinting grey metal, their sighing breath shallow and rumbling like an approaching storm. They were tall and sturdy and their eyes warm whilst their hulking form was impenetrable and cold. Ivan said nothing accompanying his arrival, only staring up at the Steelix before him. With a sudden, unexpectedly-fast motion, the beast's tail wrapped about him and everyone else. Ivan yelled with fright over the roar of the seismic quake, feeling the freezing steel on his cheek; it burned.

"Great enlightened dark-night! I'm a Fairy!""

The quake stopped and the Steelix let him go. Ivan stumbled back to sputter out questions: "Who are you? What are you doing up here? You're not with the guild, are you?"

But in his gravelly tone, the giant was now asking panicked questions themselves. "The rest of your guild! Where are they!?" Not that Ivan would know. He searched the faces of his cohorts for explanation.

The Trubbish stepped up to speak. He'd piped up earlier, comparing a Scyther to a Froslass—why? What?—and now he squeaked on about 'they' being 'in a cave', and apparently something, they realized, had gone horribly wrong for the both of them sounded especially antsy. Ivan was beginning to feel their anxiety.

"Hey, I just got here," he elucidated to the little green Pokemon, "and I really don't have a single clue as what's going on, other than you guys were just attacked by that Froslass just now. What do I need to know to help?"

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • As the last Sigilyph was knocked out, Dávalos felt exhilarated, ready to leap up in the air in ecstatic joy over his latest accomplishment over adversity. He would have further relished in his victory, had it not been for two things: he was exhausted, having giving it his all despite nearly drowning earlier and a new, overwhelming threat of the rock behemoth.

"I AM REGIROCK."

"YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE COME HERE."

Loath as he was to admit, Dávalos was stuck, stuck beyond any semblance of being able to win or even make a significant dent against the fearsome Regirock, especially now with Gallant knocked out . Dávalos froze and trembled in fear, not quite encountering anything remotely this hopeless and scary in his little jolly life of gallivanting and performing. The Regirock had a chilling presence like no other Pokemon he had ever met, akin to, in the eyes of a sheltered Fennekin, pure fear. As he watched the scene unfold, he saw Vio using Reflect to protect the others, only to have that volley of stones knock her against a wall; she too succumbed to the attacks of the Regirock. This saved Dávalos and Vedder against this wave. However, as Dávalos stood panting and trembling, he barely had time to register the next attack that sent a large boulder flying in his direction and dived, only to get grazed by a smaller boulder. As he was flung, his body dragging across the ground, he felt his consciousness slipping. His last thoughts before being plunged into unconsciousness was his disappointment of not being great and being able to fight back with honor as he fancied himself to have done.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon​

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

King and Russell did their best to protect the ones hiding behind Stalor and soon, all the apparitions dissipated into clear air. It surprised King as Double Teams, while it may create new apparitions, will most of the time leave the original one as well. Are those all apparitions?

King heard Stalor roar and look back at the frozen figure of the now-retired guild member. There were six Froslass there! King still had enough energy to fight so he ran back towards Stalor but, it turned out, the Steelix managed to thaw himself out of his icy prison and went berserk on the remaining Froslass and managed to one-hit all of them. He bowed his head and let out a big sigh. King had forgotten that Stalor is already an old man after watching him fight. Trey was shouting something but King was too busy to even hear it.

"Children... are you all al- What?!" The earth started shaking. King was still running towards Stalor so he didn't manage to get inside the protective bind of the Pokemon. He, however, dropped to the ground, and made himself as small as he can, to protect himself from rocks that could potentially crush him.

It soon subsided, however. It was only quick, but the look on Stalor's face made King... anxious. "Children! Where are your fellows?! The rest of your guild! Where are they?!" King rushed towards his guildmates, just in time to hear the little Trubbish speak up.

"Are they danger!? We need to go help them if so!" Trey said.

"They were inside the cave, the one with the water and all. They were going in with a Gallant the Kirlia," King was not sure if Stalor knew Gallant but he'll explain who he is later if needed. "There were a bunch of them inside. Almost all recruits were inside." King's heart was pounding. "Do we need to get in and help them? I can still fight!"

The Grand Expedition​

Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

Russell was surprised when King joined him in the fight. Surprised, but happy. The two of them were a fierce team, with Elly and Trey providing covering fire. Soon enough, all three Froslass were defeated, and none of them had been hit (except Stalos). "Oh yeah! Who's awesome? We are!"

His celebration was interrupted by the loud bellow of a Steelix, who single-handedly defeated more Froslass, even the real one. She glared at the old man before leaving, which kind of upset Russell. He was hoping for more of a fight. "Is that it?"

In answer to his question, the earth started shaking. Stalos curled around the team to protect them, except for King and Russell, who were left to their own devices. Fortunately, the earthquake was brief, and they weren't hurt, but Stalos was concerned. Once again, his companions are already leaping to answer the old man's questions while Russell is still trying to figure out what's going on. The one thing he latched on to was King declaring he could still fight. "Yeah! Me too! Let's go help out!"

Without waiting for a response, he curled up and rolled out, taking off down the path. After a few seconds, he came walking back, confused and a little embarrassed. "Uh... which way to the caves, again?"

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

@FireSnow
    "They are in the cave! There was supposed to be some kind of treasure in it and they were going to go find it! Why what's going on!? Are they danger!? We need to go help them if so!"

"Then why are you just standing there and shouting that? Let's go now!" Honestly... the lack of common sense was jarring to her. But that wasn't relevant. She ran off ahead of the group, feeling that they weren't taking this seriously enough. These witches were all apparently illusions. And this left her ridiculously paranoid. Her heart was pulsating, sharp pangs of both anger and fear rushing through her. But dammit, where was that cave? She couldn't remember either. And by the time she did, it might be too late...

Elly wracked her brain as much as she could, trying to find a solution. One thing came to mind. It would seem hypocritical, wrong, almost. But this was the only way she could think to reach them. To make sure they were all okay.

The Espurr opened up her ears slightly, allowing the warm glow of her inner cores to rush out, and focused her thoughts into them to a general radius. She wasn't sure how far this would reach, or even if it would reach them at all, but it was better than wandering around like a Torchic without its head. Gallant would answer if he heard, right?

"If anyone in the guild can hear me... please give me a sign, anything. Tell Gallant, tell him to project his thoughts back to me if he didn't get this."

jombii

Years

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

Am I the only calm mind here? Upon hearing Stalor's words, Trey of course panicked instantly. Russel curled into the ball-shaped mass he always is and rolled away and King was not even sure if the Golette knows the way to the cave. Of course, he dis-rolled and asked his guild mates if anybody of them remembered the path to the cave. King was pumped with adrenaline that he only managed to exlaim that he can still fight but he believed they need to hear what Stalor has to say first.

"Then why are you just standing there and shouting that? Let's go now!" Elly ran off, like Russel, with no direction really. Everyone is just panicking and flopping around. He even heard Elly's telepathy in his head. It was a good decision, but he was not sure if Elly only intended for her to be heard by the guild members. Her distress call might even summon more wild Pokemon to them.

"Can everybody just please calm down?" King said. "We will accomplish nothing if we flopw around everywhere like useless Magikarps." King turned to Steelix. "Mister, do you have any idea what happened and what that earthquake was about?" King was sure that the earthquake was not natural. He just want to know what caused it.

"It might be nothing. Our priority will always be the task on hand. What do you think will Gallant say about us if we abandoned this expedition over nothing? We need to ensure that they really do need our help."

The Grand Expedition​

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Post 3; Part I: First Impressions

Ivan!
    (3)

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

'Friends': Trey, King, Elly, Stalor, Russel, Gallant

A simple breeze whipped across the causeway landscape and the air swelled with calls of panic, feverish movement as the guild members panicked over a situation that Ivan had yet to untangle. As the Trubbish he'd inquired took their time to reply—(Tongue-tied? I'm not that intimidating, he thought sarcastically)—, the Clefairy quietly listened to the outside situation of his cohorts.

Was he comfortable among them already? His presence sparked no perturbance. That probably makes things easier. But the group was deeply unsettled as that moment. Ivan thought back to their previous battle coordination. He'd caught a glimpse of floating stone—summoned, probably, by the rocky one, King—and a flash of blue-green as Russell rushed fist-first towards the cold-eyed Froslass foe; he thought it marvelous that the Pokemon of the guild could perform their separate techniques as one body with such fluidity and control. But, when they weren't battering an opponent, it appeared the other apprentices were brought back down to a novice level.

Everyone had their own strategies but they weren't fitting them together. It was a shame Ivan knew as little as he did. He only caught snippets of King's gravelley message. A cave with water and a Kirlia named Gallade… A Kirlia named Gallade? Why would—oh, he said Gallant. That's fair, then. Gallant was the associate of the Morning Sun guild asked to assist the young recruits during their exploring and excavating exploits that Ivan had gotten little chance to speak with. He'd complimented King on his lovely azure shade once, attempted some smalltalk with the curious case Russel but never once had Ivan done anything but wave good-heartedly at the elusive Kirlia named Gallant. His first impressions were precisely this: "They couldn't afford to send someone fully-evolved from 'Morning Sun'? Or at least someone with some weight to them?" But he supposed Gallant himself couldn't be a very bad Pokémon.

By now the Clefairy was distracted by their own recollections and, if the little Trubbish had spoken at this point, it was lost upon Ivan. Currently, King was barking an order for tranquility among the mostly-panicked guild recruits. Yet Ivan just as he was snapped out of his thoughts by a indistinct feminine voice seeping into his consciousness.

...please give me a sign, anything… Ivan jumped. It's happened. Oh, it's finally happened. I'm finally losing my sanity for good. They're gonna lock me up and stuff me away... But Ivan settled himself as he noticed Elly performing some sort of telepathic business a few feet from the group. He recognized the voice as her's and almost stumbled in following her, thinking at first that his cohorts were threatening to leave him behind on the rocks. It turned out she was all alone over there, and Russell had already rolled off in the completely opposite direction!

The apprentices as a whole still lingered about the menacing Steelix: a towering stormcloud of a beast they were but Ivan had long since concluded they were an ally of the Haven recruits, though he could scarcely fathom why. The explanation had yet to come, after all. King was talking with Stalor now who Ivan recognized he was still uncomfortably close to and inched away.

"I feel like I should be contributing to the group effort but I don't really know how yet without some insight," the Clefairy mumbled, shooting an almost baleful look towards the in-earshot Trubbish, regardless if they had spoken recently or if Ivan had or hadn't heard them.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Years

TREY

Trey was freaking out. He didn't want his friends in the cave to be hurt. The lack of information was killing him. He didn't know what to do other than run back for the cave but that was definitely not a good idea. If he and the others did that they would only be running straight into what cause that earthquake most likely. Trey was not about that life. That when the voice of reason, King, interjected into Trey's head. He was right, they all needed to cam down and focus on what that earthquake was. For all they knew, this area was famous for its earthquakes. The way Stalor's voice sounded when that happened though lead Trey to believe that was not quite the case. All the same, he needed to stay calm though and help King and the others with assessing the situation.

"King is right guys" Trey piped up, "We need to first figure out what that earthquake was about before we make any rash decisions. For all we know it was just a normal earthquake and if it wasn't, we can't just rush into that cave. We don't know whats down there. We have to make a plan of action if we want to save our guildmates if they are indeed in danger!"

That was the most Trey had ever said to his guildmates in one go before. It felt good. He felt confident. He felt like someone who felt at ease being in charge like King or Russell or Gallant.

Then Trey heard Elly's voice in his head. It was a good idea to reach out that way. Hopefully Gallant would answer back but he had a feeling he wouldn't. It had been a few minutes and still no response. Trey got a sinking feeling in his stomach but quickly shook it off as he couldn't get down about things now.

That was when he remembered that that pink Pokemon had asked him a question a few minutes ago. Ivan was his name if Trey remembered. He had been in the infirmary and wasn't even supposed to be on this mission but that didn't matter to Trey. All that mattered was that he was here and eager to help. Slightly embarrassed that he had taken so long to acknowledge the Clefairy, Trey cleared his throat.

"The only stuff that you need to know right now is that our guild split into two groups, ours and the one in the cave. There was supposedly a treasure or something down there that they were going to find and investigate. As of right now though, it appears they might be in danger but only Stalor seems to know for sure" Looking up towards the massive Steelix "That just about sums it up. The only other thing is that that Froslass was just like a Scyther we fought on our last expedition but there isn't much to talk about there. The important thing is finding out of our friends are okay and figuring out what we need to do!"

Trey breathed heavily, that took a lot for him to be able to speak up like that but he was proud of himself. He couldn't let his emotions get the best of him like the day before. He had to stay calm and push his limits if he wanted to be part of this guild and save the others. Trey looked up with a face of pure determination at the Steelix, straight into its deep dark eyes.

"Alright Stalor, as King said, what was that earthquake about? You seem to know something and if our friends are in danger, we need to find a way to rescue them!"

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

Regirock looked around at its defeated foes, unfeeling. It had had its attack weakened, meaning that further destruction of its foes would be inefficient. This was a setback and the source of this issue would have to be dealt with in order to prevent further setbacks. Regirock turned to the Litleo on the ground whom had roared at him. She was down for the count, but it would be logical to finish her off first... lest she awoke and roared at him once more. If only for the sake of efficiency... so that he might finish quickly and rest again.

He took a few hulking steps forward until he stood over the small creature... he rose his fist into the air high, ready to crack down and finish his target.

But then, something distracted him... a small stone bumped harmlessly off of the back of his head... and he turned to see the same Kirlia whom had managed to deflect his attacks, somehow standing again.

Gallant was standing. He had managed to use a heal pulse on himself... to prevent him from passing out completely. He had slowly risen to his feet. His legs were shaking and glowing with orange psychic energy... he was holding himself up with his mind, he knew that so much as losing concentration would see him fall again.

But he wouldn't let this enemy hurt the recruits any longer.

"Don't..." Gallant forced out a telekinetic message, barely able to make his mind do that much.

"Don't you... dare... touch... her..."

Regirock rose a hand towards Gallant, ready to unleash another barrage of rocks. Preparing itself to be rid of such a persistent annoyance.

"I promised... I promised... Bronzong... I would protect these... kids..." Gallant forced himself to take a step forward, one after another. His eye was bloodshot and bulging slightly, his body and mind both utterly exhausted.

"So long as I can still walk... so long as I can breathe... I won't let you... I won't let you hurt them!" He broke out into a sprint, breaking every limit he had, only to meet a boulder that tossed him backwards onto his back. With a gag he slid across the gravel... and pulled himself slowly to his feet. His entire body now glowing with the orange aura as it took everything he had just to hold his broken body together. He released another heal pulse over himself, his injuries healed, but only by so much. He took another step forward.

He had heard her. He had heard Elly. Help was coming.

But his body and mind weren't strong enough to respond. Those on the surface would get help... they would bring it to the cave. They could save the other recruits... but he had to stop Regirock. He had to keep this pokémon busy until the others arrived.

"Didn't you hear... me?" Gallant staggered and stumbled forward somewhat.

"I'm not... I'm not letting you do this... I won't fall... I won't..."

Regirock... lowered it's arm... and spoke. Gallant could actually sense an emotion coming from the massive stone golem. Doubt.

"WHY?"

Gallant was stunned... then, it could feel?

"That's a foolish question... because it is my duty, to protect them. I will not fail in my resolve."

Regirock seemed to consider this for a moment, it still held its arm aloft, not to threaten... Gallant still did not think this pokémon was capable of that. No... it seemed to merely be always poised to attack. As if for its own defense.

"Du... ty... to... protect... To protect. This too, is my duty. I must protect this place... from INTRUDERS." Stones began to float around Regirock as he prepared his strongest attack yet.

"We are NOT intruders! Not by intention!" Gallant cried, he had almost gotten somewhere... and he sensed another emotion emanating from Regirock. Regret.

"I am sorry. Protector."

The rocks began to fly towards Gallant, glowing purple. This was Ancient Power. Gallant braced himself... though he knew the chances of him not being completely crushed by the rocks were zero to none.

The rocks never came however... and out of the corner of his eye, Gallant noticed a strange hidden door sliding open in Regirocks chamber...

steelix_by_xous54.png

Stalor the Steelix

Stalor looks over the young recruits, working so tirelessly to save their friends. Stalor's worst fears are realized however, as the location of this "Gallant's" team truly is the cave of Stalor's current master.

The tomb... of Regirock.

Yet Stalor cannot help but get excited. He feels reinvigorated. Working as part of a team... towards a common goal. It reminds him of the days of his youth. When exploration was about saving pokémon, not hurting them. He nods gently to himself. These children... they are to be trusted. He must do what is right.

"Children, I know it is hard to explain... but words of exposition can wait until later. For now you must follow me! My master is a powerful pokémon... he rules this place, but intruders are things he is programmed to destroy."

Stalor focuses and aims his tail townwards, striking the ground with a powerful strike, he somehow seems to trigger some sort of switch beneath the rocks. A huge mound of rock rose from the causeway ground, as if working on an ancient mechanism, a miniature mountain among many small mounds, a panel upon it grinds open as stone hugs stone... and dust flies forth as an ancient passageway large enough for the Steelix himself to pass through, opens up.

"Tarry not little ones! Your friends are through here and so is my master... it may not be too late! Follow these stairs and you will be taken directly to the chamber wherein he sleeps. The room beyond that surely contains your friends. Go quick and I will follow! If we do not go now it may be too late to put a stop to all of this!"

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023

One minute... five minutes... they should've said something by now. But nothing. Silence. Judging by the reactions of the others, she could see that they heard it. The message had to have reached those in the cave...

It was out of Gallant's character not to respond. The general feeling was tense, dreading. The Steelix's reaction was reason enough to panic. This old calm man, who seemed relatively unperturbed by much of anything... something needed to be done. She couldn't concentrate on the babbling of the others several feet behind her, only feeling frustrated in her powerlessness to do anything.

In her impulsiveness, she hadn't realized that perhaps the Steelix had known more than he was letting on. Hearing his words snap her out of it, seeing his actions... she immediately rushed back to the group. It didn't make her feel easy to hear Stalor refer to this powerful Pokemon as his "master..." but there wasn't time to worry about that. It was time to do something, finally.

Without so much as another word to her team mates, Elly dashed through the passageway, preparing her abilities for a fight. She kept running down the stairs, straining her small legs as much as she could. Her figure emerged through the sliding door for the others to see. The scene before her put a shock to her system.

Her guildmates, effortlessly tossed aside, by this giant monstrosity of rock. Could she even stand a chance? No, she couldn't. But it didn't matter right now. Time was short. Everyone else was too slow in getting here, and it was her job to distract this... thing until they could all escape.

@Deceptio

The Espurr shot a burst of Confusion directly at the Regirock. "Over here, monstrosity!" But that wouldn't be a good enough distraction. There needed to be more chaos. She held up her paw and concentrated on her team mates around her, preparing to use their moves to Assist her. A glimmering rainbow of Magical Leaves (Gallant) came flying forth. They ricocheted off the walls of the caves, rocketing madly in every direction. Due to the rather unwieldy nature of her Assist, she couldn't control what direction these leaves went in. But it was still perfect. The result couldn't have been more lucky.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2018

250px-137Porygon.png

Shape the Porygon

No. There is no way I can give up now. This oversized rock won't get in the way of my dream. Of my promise I said to pappa and momma. I'll see you again. I can bring the guild too, and we will have lots of fun.....
    Shape fell over a few moments later, without recieving a single attack from the Regirock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A voice.

Momma? Is that you? Poppa?

No. This voice is too familiar. I have heard it many times recently.

Elly?

Shape's eyes snapped open. It looked frantically for the Espurr that it thought it heard, but the pokemon was nowhere in sight. After the 180 degree search turned out badly, Shape tried to get up, but it couldn't. When Shape was with momma, momma said, Long, long ago, there were these creatures called humans. They have two legs to stand on and two arms to pick stuff up with. Anyway, these humans were smart. One of them was able to create several of us, and gave us a name. Porygon. This human tried to set one of us out into a place with rough terrain and hostile pokemon. The poor Porygon didn't stand a chance. A pokemon that was made by someone else just didnt do well in the wild. With those memories flooding back, Shape realized that its body couldn't handle the combined pain of terrain abuse and pokemon attacks. Once Shape realized this, the pain started flooding back into its body. Shape couldnt move at all exept for swiveling its head. Turning its head back towards where it was facing, he glimpsed Gallant standing up to the hunk of rock that was Regirock... Wait. Gallant got up? He seemed to be reasoning with the Regirock and somehow, it seemed to have gotten through to Regirock's... brain? Whatever it had, gallant got through to it. All seemed to be headed in the right direction, but then all of a sudden, Elly burst in. Shape felt the Confusion hit Regirock. Shape wanted to scream at Elly to stop, but Shape's injuries didn't let it. Then, to make things worse, Elly used Assist, and the move decided to latch on to Magical Leaf. Leaves started bouncing everywhere in the room, and Shape started worrying even more. The last thing Shape though was that it didnt want to die today as a barrage of leaves made a direct impact on it.

[/QUOTE]

jombii

Years

King the Tyrunt

tyrunt.gif

"Tarry not little ones! Your friends are through here and so is my master... it may not be too late! Follow these stairs and you will be taken directly to the chamber wherein he sleeps. The room beyond that surely contains your friends. Go quick and I will follow! If we do not go now it may be too late to put a stop to all of this!" Stalor implored the little recruits to go down the stairs. Elly, the ever impulsive Espurr, led the way down the stairs. "Elly, wait for us!" King ran after the little Psychic-type, afraid that whatever is waiting for them down there, is too much for any one of them to face alone.

Of course, Elly was faster than King and he can't really catch up to her. By the time he had closed the distance between the two of them, Elly was already firing off Razor Leaves (when did she learn how to do that?) and it was only going mayhem. King took note of the surroundings. There was a huge thing standing, with rocks floating around it. Gallant was weakened in front of it and all the other guild recruits were strewn all over the place. King hoped his best that they were still alive.

"Elly!" King crashed into the Espurr, distracting her long enough for the leaves to die down. "If you can't control you attack, don't use it! You might otherwise harm our other guildmates!" King growled just to get his point it. "We wait for Russell and the others, then we attack. They're coming in a few seconds. Stay still and don't be too impatient."

The Grand Expedition​

FireSnow

Years

TREY

Trey stood there in awe as a door down into the earth appeared from a simple pound of Stalor's tail. He looked around to see how the others reacted but found that two of them, King and Elly, had already charged in without much, if any, thought. Trey was a it more hesitant about it. This Steelix after all had mentioned a great beast and something about it being his master. This could so easily be a trap but if he didn't go down there the others would for sure die. He at least had to try. Giving a deep sigh and forcing himself to gain some of his confidence and bravery back, Trey went running into the dark abyss towards what was most certainly lots of pain, possibly death, but more importantly his friends.

"Wait up guys! You're not saving everyone without me!"

Trey finally reached the end of the passage and found himself next to King in large cavern.

"Where is every..." Trey stopped short as his eyes focused on the big hulking Pokemon before.His jaw dropped as he stared. This Pokemon was Stalor's master? It was made of pure stone and looked like it could defeat Trey with but a single swing of one of its clubs for hands. Trey gulped and gathered himself, he could imagine what it did to his guildmates. The others. Thats right Where were they? Trey whipped his head around in search of them. He saw Gallant was weakly still standing up to Stalor's master and Elly was doing her best to help out though that Magical Leaf wasn't quite hitting the right target as it was hitting one of the guild members instead, a Porygon.

Trey had to make a split second decision, help Elly or try and get the others out of there? He looked at the situation and knew what he had to do. He ran to his right and towards everyone else. It might ot have been the best thing to do, but there was no way he could do anything to help against that monster Pokemon but he could help his friends. He was almost there now. He could see Tahni, Davalos and Vio among the others, laying there, unmoving. Trey feared the worst had happened.

"You guys! Get up! You gotta get up! Help is here!" Trey yelled out to them as he reached their location, giving a little tap or nudge as he passed each one, "If you can hear me, you gotta get up!"

Junier

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Post 4; Part I: First Impressions

Ivan!
    (4)

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

'Friends': Trey, Stalor, King

The stones underfoot had danced exuberantly with the passing earthquake, some laying out-of-order just as the guildmates sat sprawled atop the incline, all restive, all talking at once. All the while, the great gleaming giant behind them grew increasingly restless. Ivan could feel them, could smell the scent of rancid, rusted steel emitted through their breath, the skin-crawling sensation of their beady, beastly eyes observing the group from a greatly-advantaged height. Ivan could understand they were an ally of the guild in some unspecified way but he had only seen a Pokemon of such gargantuan scale once before and was so unused to the prospect. There was something else that disturbed the Clefairy—Stalor's musky smell, the juxtaposition of their docility and ferocious looks… he felt hypocritical for being intimidated by the beast that most likely wasn't what they seemed, annoyed that he was naturally off put by the Steelix, and thus could do nothing but struggle to ignore them.

Ivan turned his back to Stalor. He faced the Trubbish, now, who seemed oblivious of the Clefairy's impatient grimace and garbled on. They had been talking to King earlier, Ivan realized, and he hadn't caught any of them and their curiously-colored companion's conversation. Now that the Trubbish had turned their focus onto him, however, he was all ears; they had his full attention.

"The only stuff that you need to know right now is that our guild split into two groups, ours and the one in the cave."

"A cave? Seriously? Pfft, what in dark moon are we all worked up about then? You guys know that earthquakes can't be felt underground, right?" Ivan chortled. "I thought that was common knowledge!" He couldn't help himself from interrupting, no matter if it had any impact on the Trubbish or otherwise. Still, he offered a sheepish apology: "Sorry, go ahead. What else?"

And then the Steelix roared. With vigor and disregard towards the words of any singular apprentice, they trumpeted aout regally, their voice like a seismic wave. Stalor addressed them all as children. "Words of exposition can wait until later!" he then said. "My master is a powerful Pokemon! He rules this place!" And on and on.

The words fell upon Ivan's ears like a landslide of sheer sound. His ears were shaken to their very cores. Here he stood at the great Stalor's mighty mountainous base, at mercy to the steel serpent's atrociously-loud cries. Ivan's goal to ignore the Steelix's presence for his own sake and comfort had backfired miserably. If only he had known to keep his distance. If only Stalor could take a more "natural" tone. Yes, how come the Steelix had to speak at such a volume? It was not as if they couldn't help it!

And then the ground began to shift and so did Ivan's innards as he, in that moment, was struck with a great dawning. The Steelix's tail… where was the Steelix's tail? Oh no, there is was..! And there he was, flying out of control, plummeting. At once, a single, heaving blow to the ground erected a monument of earth and stone. Ivan had never seen anything like it, and would likely only catch a glimpse and nothing more. The tail came crashing down; he thought it would hit him but Ivan clearly undervalued the gargantuan highbrow. Stalor was a Pokemon of great precision. Where his strike landed would ultimately have done little harm to the Clefairy but, foolishly, Ivan had felt a inert need to dodge, and now he was silently cursing that same Steelix as he went hurtling from the top of the slope upon Regi's Causeway.

Last edited:
    Years

• 1ocrJeL.jpg

Russell

"Tarry not little ones! ... Go quick and I will follow! If we do not go now it may be too late to put a stop to all of this!"

"You don't have to tell me twice!" Russell curled up, spinning in place to "rev up" while the others charged in. Even Trey went in without hesitation. Russell felt a little silly, expecting the others to take their time, but Stalor's mighty presence at their backs undoubtedly influenced their decision. Russell rolled out, practically bouncing down the stairs, building up speed with each bounce. He soon reached his max speed, flying past Trey as he ran to the others, past King and Elly as they argued or something, and straight into the colossus that was Regirock.

Russell barely had time to assess the situation as he bounced off Regirock and uncurled. All he saw was the stone giant threatening his teammates with giant rocks, and he leapt into action. Knowing his fists wouldn't do much against Regirock, he retracted both hands into his wrists, deploying both nozzles to fire simultaneous Mud-Slaps. "Smile, Rocky!" He launched mud straight at Regirock's head, hoping to blind him and make him miss Gallant and the others.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• Regirock_(dream_world).png

Regirock

Its brain whirred with confusion. The secret passage to his domain had somehow been opened and more intruders poured in from the service. This was horrible news... had he failed in his mission? The mission to wait in hiding and protect this sacred place, to maintain the balance of the Earth. Had Regirock failed his master by being found? By allowing his domain be breached?

Had he let Regigigas down?

A small Espurr leaped forward and from strength she borrowed from her allies she unleashed a barrage of magical leaves. The super effective attack certainly irked him a little, but this opponent was not strong enough to deal him serious damage, she seemed to do more damage to her allies than to he himself. Knocking out a porygon whom accompanied the party.

A shiny Tyrunt ran into follow, it scolded its ally for rushing in... without realizing that the distraction left them both open for assault. Regirock rose its arm and large amount of rocks began to rise once more, a trubbish ran past. Something he could deal with later... just as he prepared to launch the stones however, anothe rocky type came barreling in with a rollout. It conked harmlessly off of Regirocks solid stone chest. He rose his arm up higher and aimed to bring it down upon the insolent intruder, but before he could a large spray of mud was slapped across his seeing eyes. Grunting gently and rubbing the mud away, he turned, now aggravated, towards the small pokémon. He had dropped the rocks upon being distracted... but now in a rage he rose them again, twice as much, with the intention of crushing all of the new intruders.

It was then he saw a familiar Steely face come barreling down the steps to the clearing below... and in utter bafflement, he dropped his weaponry once more.

"STALOR? WHY DO YOU BRING INTRUDERS TO MY DOORSTEP? YOU BETRAY MY MISSION AND MYSELF."

Stalor immediately bowed his head to the golem that stood before him, a sign of respect... yet it was still dignified enough to show a certain level of self-worth and resistance to what would otherwise be a master and servant.

"My Lord Regirock please, you must listen..."

The other pokémon seemed still for that moment, as violence gave way to conversation between two beings whom far outranked the young recruits in power.

"...this is all a misunderstanding. These pokémon are not the presence we have sensed, threatening our home. That was another, another that has been swiftly dealt with thanks to the assistance of these fellow defenders of peace."

Regirock finally lowered its arm at these words. It stared its blank stare into Stalor's eyes and it spoke plainly.

"Explain. Everything."

IJLvyTR.png

Gallant the Kirlia

Gallant was thankfully moving once more, though he was in an awful lot of pain... while Regirock and Stalor had been talking, he had applied heal pulse after heal pulse to himself.

Listening to the conversation that had taken place, it was clear that a massive misunderstanding had taken place. Usually Regirock would be alright with a few random pokémon venturing into his cave, they'd never reach the inner sanctum anyway, not under normal circumstances.

Regirock, however, had recently been detecting a new presence upon the coast... a strange entity with a hostile aura that seemed to be able to duplicate at will. This had inspired great worry in the old rock type, as he feared that this entity would attack his home in search of the information he guarded with his life... information that, perhaps as to be expected, Gallant and the other recruits were not allowed to know. The Steelix had also apparently been blocking the road above ground, in order to force a confrontation with that dark presence... and in the end he got his wish.

The Steelix introduced himself to Gallant as Stalor shortly after and he was revealed to be a kindly old soul. He explained the situation to Gallant and all other recruits present rather plainly. He had once been a wizened guildmaster, leading a team of explorers to better and bigger things. However, he had been banished in disgrace by another pokémon of dark intentions and he had since wandered the World. Eventually he met Regirock, injured after a battle against looters. Stalor in his experience was able to swiftly heal Regirock and the two became friends, Stalor swearing himself to Regirock in order to assist him in protecting the knowledge he kept so hidden from the World.

Apparently, Stalor and the other guild recruits above the ground had encountered the hostile force threatening the coast. A frosslass with many striking resemblances to the scyther that the group had defeated upon the River Bell Path. Working with Stalor the recruits had defeated the dark presence... and the frosslass vanished entirely, as if she had never existed at all... then had the scyther suffered a similar faith? Had it vanished into nothing during the explosion... much like the Frosslass did now?

There were many answers, but each one only seemed to open up more questions... why was Regirock guarding such valuable information? Why did Frosslass vanish into nothing? What exactly is the correlation between these pokémon that care capable of splitting into multiple clones... all with a scar upon the right eye? Gallant didn't know any of the answer, for right then however, he was more lucky to be arrived.

Stalor had offered to ferry all the injured and tired pokémon back to the camp... and with him having moved out of the way of the road, the group could now progress to their next destination.

Gallant lifted the still unconscious Vedder onto Stalor's back using his psychic. He proceeded to place Tyke then, upon Tahni's head, where he was sure the little Joltik wouldn't fall off. ll those not unconscious, he was sure, could climb atop Stalor's back themselves.

"I will bring these injured children to your guildmaster and doctor. You need not worry, I will explain everything myself." Stalor spoke, calmly and firmly, to which Gallant gave a nod. "Are you sure, sir Gallant, that you would not like to come along with us? You too are still injured..."

Gallant shook his head gently.

"There is something I must do here first. I will follow along."

Stalor nodded gently and without speaking another word, he began to slide up the stairs and out into the evening sun, before turning and ehading to the camp, presumably under directions from those same pokémon he had met above the ground.

Gallant found himself alone then, with Regirock. He stood before the huge stone golem and waited until the giant spoke. His voice was much softer than before, when they had first met.

"You are still here... protector. Why?"

Gallant said nothing for a few moments, before opening his mouth to speak. "You did not fail here today."

Regirock shifted ever so slightly.

"You have a purpose my friend... as do we all. Today our purposes clashed momentarily and you were the stronger. You were victorious, you have not failed in your purpose. The only one who failed here today... was I." Gallant stared at the ground in shame, Miles would have never made such a foolish mistake, he had lead his team into what was almost their deaths. He couldn't forgive himself for that.

"You knew your help was coming."

Gallant's eyes widened slightly and he looked back up to see that Regirock was staring right at him.

"You were going to sacrifice. Your life. So that they could be saved. You were throwing yourself away so that they could live." Regirock, nodded slowly, his stone from grinding at its joints. "None died. Not even you. Assessing the parameters of your purpose... and applying this result. It is impossible to claim that you, Gallant, have failed."

Gallant frowned and looked at the floor momentarily once more and Regirock gently pressed his fist to the ground... to Gallant's surprise, the floor opened and a small pillar rose up from beneath the stone floor. The top of the pillar opened suddenly and Gallant gasped slightly as he felt overcome with a wave of strange warmth... a small amulet sat upon the opened container. It seemed to be a glass or crystal holster shaped like a shield, and within it was a single glowing pebble, that shone brightly in the dark cave with an aquamarine light.

"You wish to become stronger. To do this you must follow what I say... take this, protector, and focus on your desire to take care of those whom mean something to you. Keep those feelings in your heart and when a time of great need comes, when a moment arises where you must protect those whom are dear to you... and as you are you cannot... when that happens... you must shatter this amulet. What happens next will grant you the strength to defeat your foe."

Gallant pondered for a moment, before taking the amulet gently in his hand and glancing over the crystal shell and glowing stone within. "And... what exactly WILL happen next?" Gallant asks puzzled, but Regirock just shakes his head and utters something similar to a laugh. "You will know that when the time comes... for now, just accept that I am the master of stone and rock and accept my word. Now then protector... you must go. Your allies await you. Perhaps one day, we might meet again."

Gallant looks at the amulet once more... and places it gently around his neck. A warmth emanates from it gently; it fills his heart with hope. "I would like to see that day. Goodbye, Regirock."

And with that Gallant left, walking up the stairs to stand in the evening sun. As he's walking back to camp, a sudden tremor erupts behind him and just like that, the pillar like entrance to Regirock's tomb slides back into the ground to meld with craggy causeway, as if it never existed at all. Gallant gives a gentle smile, before continuing onwards once more. Heading to the tents just visible in the distance, planning to visit his recruits and congratulate them for fighting so valiantly on what in the end, may have been a successful endeavor after all.

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS

There is now a time skip for your characters. Upon the next post put up, by either Nagi or Myself, the night phase of Act 2 will begin. As in Act 1, you may interact, explore the camp and all manner of other things to pass the time. Develop your characters, progress a personal plot or two, but try not to drag things on too long. Once we are satisfied that the night phase is completed, Act 2 will officially end!

Back