• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

two hundred and twenty-two roleplays on my list

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How many RPs do you think is the optimal amount to be part of at the same time? Does it matter if you are GM or player?

Years
  • I think this really depends on the person, their investment, their presences and what they're doing elsewhere at the time. Sometimes I could handle over ten RPs sometimes I struggle with four or five. It varies.

Years
  • O.o How often did you post in each one of them, roughly?

Back in the days when I was GMing half the active RPs I aimed to get a post for each RP done over a week or two. Since then though I've tended to be in slower moving RPs so it varies a lot due to slow patches and sudden bursts of activity.

Right now I'm not posting enough because I just haven't hand the energy. I'm gonna have to do something about that soon because I'm holding RPs back.

crimsoncero

In El-Harim, there lived a man, a man with yellow
    Years
  • Many times I tried to RP it was with friends, so it was one RP. But for many reasons they failed quite quick. I'm still trying to test my limits in how many RP I can be in at the same time, although the changing amounts of time I have to RP has varied quite heavily lately.
    Currently I'm at my peak of RP, which is two... but hey, it's double from my last record. \o/

Years
  • I think that doing 3, maybe 4 RPs at once is optimal, but I rarely follow that rule. A lot of it depends on how active the RPs are. You can be in quick RPs that have shorter posts, a couple paragraphs. Or you could be in one where posting ten paragraphs is an average post.

In general I think it highly depends on the person, and how much time they want to commit. Those who post longer posts might want to invest one chunk of time once or twice a week, while those with shorter posts might only use 20-30 minutes once, maybe twice a day.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • For me two is definitely the best number. I'm not very good at balancing my priorities so anything more than that is hard to balance for me... which is bad considering most of the time i'm in at least three ;-;

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I would say 3-4 is perfect for me as I like having the constant feeling of needing to post but I don't feel stressed out by it as I know I can churn out 2-3 posts in a day if needed.

Years
  • I think the largest amount of roleplays I've ever been in is close to fifteen. But that was before I "got gud," so to to speak. I made several really bad posts a day. Ever since I got better, I would be in like five roleplays max. From there I tried to make a few quality posts. Like, I would post once, and try to respond in the next couple of days if possible.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I usually limit myself to three or four. I'm currently in three longer ones (Dust, Gunpowder and I Am) and one shorter one (Cornered). I absolutely hate (as a GM and player) being inactive, and it feels horrible for the GM and any JP partner when you aren't posting enough because you joined too many RPs and are forgetting the ones you were in before.

It all boils down to commitment really. I'm not the kind of guy who readily gives up or wants to give up (I can only think of one or two cases where I outright lost all interest in a RP) so I always try to join RPs when I know I can commit and actually post in them.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I can't seem to concentrate well on my characters' personalities and histories if I'm dealing with more than 3 at once. Maybe that is because they are my own creations and there is no other sources to fall back on if I fall out of touch with them for a while.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm still really new to RPing in general, but the thought of being in more than 3 at once stresses me out. I have an extremely busy schedule and don't have a lot of time to myself. Couple that with my need to keep re-writing everything and you have a winning combo :P

Even as I get more confident in it, I think I'll still stick to three. I don't want to over commit.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I think being a GM to one RP is equal to playing at least three RPs because of the focus you must put into it.

Anyway, the number all depends on how busy you can forecast yourself to be for the next few months. For me, being a university student and part of the student council, I can only handle at least five RPs at a time, and one RP to GM. If I had more time, I could juggle more seeing as I could be here more time than usual.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • For me, being a university student

This is affecting me a lot right now with the semester winding down and projects and papers being due. During this time, I would say I can handle only 2 RPs right now as I have so many things going on.

Oh how I pray for the summer when I am free from those scholarly shackles that bind me.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • For me, I'd say the optimal number is around two, maybe three if I have time. Any more, and things begin to get pushed to the back burner.

In the end though, it all just depends on how much time and motivation you have.

Back