• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favorite character?

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
Years
  • Of all the people, pokemon, and peoplemon, that you've written who is your favorite, and why?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I think it's Emmett. He's my first character, and the only one I'm still writing now. And on top of that, I just like writing him. He gets to be childish and stupid a lot, and he brings a weirdly light tone to very heavy events, which is fun to work with.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • I think it's Emmett. He's my first character, and the only one I'm still writing now. And on top of that, I just like writing him. He gets to be childish and stupid a lot, and he brings a weirdly light tone to very heavy events, which is fun to work with.

Where do you find inspiration for him? And for your other characters?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I think my most favorite character is Jebediah. He was my first RP character here and it's usually pretty easy to make posts as him. He's a vent for my anger most of the time and is a magnet for death. He curses constantly, is really adept at magic and is just generally a badass. He's constantly getting in to and starting shit with everyone else and I just love to write him when I'm just letting him be him instead of trying to make him grow as a character.

And then on the other side of things there's Tim from Astra which is almost a perfect self insert which makes him incredibly easy to write. And he's fun to write sometimes too, though right now it's more fun to just think about writing as him since we're just getting things started again in that rp.

Years
  • Of my own characters Skellen from One Piece is my favourite. He's totally nuts, erratic and unpredictable. He's one of the good guys, he's got a lot of good-guy beliefs but he's not exactly a good person either and does and has done some pretty messed up things. He's very easy for me to write and a lot of fun because of his strange personality and grey morality.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I've always tried to ask myself this question, and either I end up with 4 or 5 answers or none at all. I love writing every single one of my characters (whether their RP is still going or not) so it's really hard for me to pick just one. If I had to pick, I'd say it's a tie between Sophia from Gunpowder, Nerites from Titans and Errol from Cornered On The Market. Soph has grown so much as a character since the start of gunpowder it's amazing, and her interactions with any character have been so amazingly fun. Nerites is an adorable greek goddess who is literally culture shocked by everything in the modern world, and her carefree, oblivious attitude that make her so easy and fun to write. Then there's Errol the Qwilfish. His mom says he's cool.

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • And then on the other side of things there's Tim from Astra which is almost a perfect self insert which makes him incredibly easy to write. And he's fun to write sometimes too, though right now it's more fun to just think about writing as him since we're just getting things started again in that rp.

Does it ever make you feel weird to write yourself? I always try to write people other than myself and end up feeling weird when aspects of myself slip through. Maybe I just haven't written enough characters to get that separation between self and character.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • It's hard to pick a favorite character, especially since I've had plenty that never got to be properly used.

Binary and Burst (from Titans) were probably my favorite to play, even thought the former was an NPC. They were enjoyable to write, and I can't wait to develop them further in the future.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Hmmm I really liked my character Trey in PMD, he was a fun character to write, especially in the beginning with his potentially deadly mistakes.

I also have an affinity for my butler turned Trainer, Maurice, in Trumpets. Wish I could've done more with him.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Does it ever make you feel weird to write yourself? I always try to write people other than myself and end up feeling weird when aspects of myself slip through. Maybe I just haven't written enough characters to get that separation between self and character.

Not really. It makes it easier to churn out dialogue so that I can more easily focus on the other things going on around him instead of struggling to write someone that I can't relate to and then struggle with the other going ons around him after.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Probably my first, Mark Vargas. Don't get me wrong, awfully write character, especially because I had no clue how to do text based role-playing. He was fun and easy to write though since he ended up just doing what I would do or say.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • mmm there have been quite a few although most of the rps i'm in have died off too quickly for me to have a lot of fun with

the first two that come to mind are Allison Baratheon from The Exalted Ones and Dominic Irving from Gilded Halls

both were tons of fun to write, although that was probably a product of the great rps they were in and not my own writing xD Allie was a no bullshit, tough as nails, scout for the Onzor (i think) military while Dom was a lovable giant, who was an amazing athlete that lost the ability of his legs.

two vastly different chars, but it was immensely fun to write from their perspectives

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Well Eldrazi titan, That's actually a good question

I would have to say Charmillion. No, that is not a typo. It was my first fanfiction, and at the time I thought that was how the fire chameleon was spelt. But when it was pointed out that I made a spelling error, I opted to keep it as just a sort of nickname for the lizard.

The story was based on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon concept. The character was suppose to be a supportive roll, but because of the spelling error, he got most attention from the readers, so I ended up making chapters specifically about him, and the story continued until the Nsider was closed.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Gosu von Gastly is probably my favourite character I've rped with. He had a very interesting way of speaking, overly posh and slightly ignorant of others emotions. He had a twisted backstory that was quite dark and he remembered it in bits and pieces, generally in the wrong order so he would go about living with guilt that was never really his untill he remembered the rest of the story...

Etherion

I think, Nate from Redux, although, I did only write one chapter for him, I did feel that he was the most "me" character.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • I once played as a shape-shifting alien engineer working with a group of genius space detectives. No, seriously. The catch was, I made him have insane outbursts every 15 posts. He was a really fun and different character to play as, but unfortunately the RP died only a month or so after it was created. This was back in 2013 when I was still a developing writer, so I'm not going to say any names, but he was probably my favourite RP character I've ever made.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm actually developing a character right now, Cyrus Capaldi, for the new Hoenn RP and obviously I haven't been accepted with him yet but I'm already really excited at the thought of beginning his story.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    It's hard to say because there's many I like.

I definitely like Varian Sigmund and Roland Grey from Aerion. Because of the level of the RP and the RPers in it, it made me want to step up my writing as much as possible, which caused me to write some of my best work, in my opinion. If the RP remained alive, I would have probably chosen them without hesitation. Because it didn't, I might go with James Hazen from Atlantis, just because of the length of time I got to use the character.

And yes, I definitely approve this message.

Back