• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon team

411.png
411.png
411.png
411.png
411.png
411.png

I LOVE FOSSILS! I LOVE DEFENCE! AND I LOVE BASTIODON TOO!
OK I'm done now

What a coincidence. My friend also battled someone in PS who had six Bastiodon with six shiny Magikarp. Meanwhile, I keep losing battles with a Mega Rayquaza and five Metapod.

Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon Team

Competitively...
1. Klefki, nicknamed Shakespeare
Like most people, I set in a Prankster first. He's got some moves that can continue to torment the opponent. No, not Torment.
2. Rotom-Wash, nicknamed Napoleon
This one is quite the trickster. Best this about it is that it's got one weakness.
3. Thundurus, nicknamed Voltaire, pun intended
To be honest I was quite an idiot having this one because he has Prankster and just one status move.
4. Tornadus-Therian, nicknamed Poe for some reason
He has Heat Wave to revenge-kill (sometimes it doesn't). Also Regenerator is an awesome ability.
5. Starmie, nicknamed Copernicus
It's fast, it can counter Grass-types, and it removes entry hazards.
6. Altaria, nicknamed Confucius; can Mega Evolve
One great unit. I find his typing a bit bizarre, but he's a great barrier.

In-game, I have a (terrible) team in Pokémon White.

1. Emboar. My starter, and a big help indeed. My second ever Pokémon to reach Lv. 100.
2. Basculin, otherwise known as my HM slave. Got him from an in-game trade.
3. Whimsicott, another thing from an in-game trade.
4. Unfezant, because I needed a Pokémon that could learn Fly.
5. Kyurem, because Kyurem.
6. Volcarona, because it's awesome and I love breeding. This Level 92 Volcarona was perfect for breeding.

Years
Day 23: What Pokémon would live in your part of the world?
There'd be plenty of Murkrow, Wingull, and Pidove flying around, and I guess Pachirisu, since we've got a lot of squirrels around. I also live near a forest with black bears and coyotes, but since they don't have Pokemon counterparts, I guess I'd go with Ursaring and Mightyena.

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
I'd say Ditto would be the most useful, since there would be endless possibilities with one. Don't feel like going to work? Can't find a screwdriver? Want to trick your friends into thinking you've got a much cooler Pokemon? Then Ditto's the answer for you!

Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type
Went with some secondary-typing shenanigans on these to make sure as many of my favorites made the list as possible.

Spoiler:

Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour
Arcanine is orange, right? I'm color blind, so I'm not 100% sure, but I always assumed it was a darker orange rather than red.

Day 27: Favourite Pokémon game
All Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire had to do was include Emerald's Battle Frontier, and it would have won for me hands down. The same could've been said about HeartGold/SoulSilver before that, since I didn't care for the 4th gen Battle Frontier quite as much. But, until another game can replicate or surpass the amount of fun I had with the Hoenn Battle Frontier, Emerald will remain my favorite game.

It would be a team built around Butterfree. While the other 5 could be interchangeable based on my mood, the first 5 that came to mind in support are Blissey, Gardevoir, Empoleon, Hydreigon, and Froslass. I think that team has a pretty good balance, with both Butterfree and Blissey being a nightmare to go up against if they're used correctly.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
omg second last day ;_;

Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song

It's got to be the original PokeRap!

Spoiler:

It's so infectiously happy and energetic, I love it. So many good memories from it hahaha. The last part is my favourite, from CharMEEEEleon onwards. 8)

Team Rocket's motto comes in a close second, followed by the original theme song and the Johto theme song from the anime.

tbh none of the game soundtracks are super memorable and stand out to me (apart from a few of the RBY ones).

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 29: Favorite Pokemon tune or song

When it comes to my favorite Pokemon song or tune, my favorite happens to be 2B a Master. Course that song does not list one of the original 15 types. The type it does not list is Poison. Poison is replaced with Flame, so basically Fire is listed twice in the song.

Adam Levine

Years

Blue's theme from Red and Blue. It sounds a little eerie at the beginning, but soon it sounds much more tense and it starts to sound more like the final battle.

In the anime, the original opening theme is deffo a fave. It's just so nostalgic and awesome, especially compared to the dumbed down version in the XY anime.

pkmin3033

Surprisingly easy:

I didn't want to fight Cynthia when I first saw her...I wanted to just sit and listen to this for about an hour. That her Champion theme is incredible - and that Cynthia herself can be quite challenging...or at least, she was the first time - only makes this all the better. It's a precursor of things to come.

Black and White version is slightly better sound quality, so I went with that.

Years
Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon team -
Absol
Arcanine
Zorua
Sneasel
Helioptile
Masquerain

Basically just a few of my favourite Pokemon with a good variety of types -although three of them include the Dark type- :)

Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song -
The intro to R/S/E, it's so nostalgic to me and brings back so many memories.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
Day 27: Favorite Pokémon game
I got to go with FireRed on this one, it's the game that brought me back to playing Pokémon once I got over that "Pokémon is for little kids" jock phase.​

Day 28: Ultimate 6 Polémon team
Nidoking | Rhydon | Aggron | Crobat | Raichu | Hitmonlee
(Not balanced, but some of my faves).​

Day 29: Favorite Pokémon tune
I also have to go with the PokéRap; that's how I learned the names of all 151 Pokémon, after all!​

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018
The Kanto Gym Theme always pumps me up, you knew things were going to get awesome when this appeared in the anime (Bulbasaur learning Solar Beam, Squirtle learning Hydro Pump, everyone fighting Team Rocket aboard the S.S. Anne etc.) Brings back many awesome memories.

I also love the Friend Battle theme from XY. Despite how easy those battles are, I leave the battle ongoing just so I can hear this on repeat.

Honourable Mentions: We Will Be Heroes, My Best Friends, Zinnia's Theme, Champion Theme (Steven and Diantha), Burning Battlefield.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Day 28 - Ultimate 6 Pokemon team
Pretty competitive I'd like to think, while still being full of my favorite Pokemon.

buizel.gif
infernape.gif
greninja.gif
hawlucha.gif
hitmonchan.gif
swellow.gif

Day 29 - Favorite Pokemon tune or song

- For me, there is only one song that will always be number 1. That would be Battle Cry - Stand up from season 12.

Definite honorable mention to the Kanto Gym Theme though. I always got so excited when it would start playing in the anime :D

Years

I couldn't choose one, so I pick the entire BW/B2W2 OST! But if I had to pick my faves from it, I'd have to give the mentions to the Gym theme, Celestial Tower, Unwavering Emotions, Undella Town (non-summer) and N's Farewell.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
29. Favourite Pokemon tune/song
I really, really enjoyed Zinnia's battle theme and still do! It has this energy and tension that just moves me and just makes me feel hyped. Speaking of which, ORAS did a really good job with the soundtrack in general. Also, like Hikamaru, I loved the Gen 5 soundtrack; some of my favourites include Colress' battle theme, Iris' champion theme, and N's battle theme (more so the final battle and BW2). So good!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour
That'd be definitely Kyogre, since it looks pretty for the Legendary Pokémon, especially when being in Primal forme.

Day 27: Favourite Pokémon game
It would tie in to Pokémon Emerald and Black 2 for me. The former because I like how I can face and fight Team Magma and Team Aqua at the same time, while the latter because I like how it continues from the awesomeness of Black/White and expanded it at the same time.

victini.gif
oshawott.gif
altaria.gif
pachirisu.gif
shaymin.gif
togekiss.gif

Yeah, usually I tend to pick something cute or looking graceful as well.

Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune/song
I have quite a handful of them, including Jubilife City of Diamond and Pearl, Lumiose City from X and Y, Unwavering Emotions theme of Black/White, Zinnia and Wally's battle theme in ORAS, N's theme (especially in B2W2), and also the ending theme from ORAS as well.

If it comes to anime song, I'd prefer Kimi no Soba de (Hikari's Theme), Kimi no Mune ni LaLaLa, DreamDream, High Touch! 2009, Chisaki Mono/Make A Wish from Jirachi: Wish Maker, and last but not least, the soothing tone from Pokémon the Movie: White - Victini and Zekrom where Ash and co. stand on the ocean after the conflict is resolved.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Day 30: Why do you like Pokémon?

I like how it's evolved in relation to me as I've grown older. Not in how Pokemon has changed, but in how I appreciate different things about Pokemon as I've grown older. As a kid I was all about the anime and liked the games. Then I moved away from the anime and more into the games, and then I was really into Fakemon because I liked drawing at that point. Then Pokemon became the way I practiced Photoshop work, and now I'm more into the broader ideas about Pokemon - what things are based on, the worldbuilding, etc. So as I've gotten older, different elements of the franchise have caught my interest.

It's also just really fun overall :P

Adam Levine

Years

CUE THE CANALAVE CITY MUSIC!

Pokémon was the first game I've ever had. It just has this figuratively magnetic pull that attracts me because of the memories I have with it.

It's got a lot of awesome games, a (formerly) awesome anime, lots of cool manga, nifty merchandise, a trading card game (that even my brother loves), and even a symphony! Its games have very, very amazing storylines, and their creators have endless creativity, even when they use almost exactly the same idea as they did 20 years ago.

Frankly, I mostly love it because of how much it meant to me after 8 years or so. It's basically the only reason for my social acceptance, and it's what I love playing. It's also been my main source of creativity and inspiration, and if I ever get to create a TV series, I have Pokémon to thank.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just get through my Pokémon Kids collection for no apparent reason.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2018

It's funny, a student of mine asked me this last Friday, dumbfounded by the revelation that I still play it. In reply, I stated "because let's be honest, no one's going to **** with you if you have a Charizard by your side". Whilst this was said in light-hearted jest, this response reveals a much deeper, honest truth as to why I like Pokémon. I often reply to this question with an answer similar to the one aforesaid, but only recently have I begun to ask myself why this sort of answer springs to mind so instantaneously.

I feel context is required here. As a child, I was very introverted, sensitive and studious; 3 aspects that resulted in me being bullied... a lot. Resultantly, I had to change school 4 times before I even reached the GCSE years. Needless to say, my younger years were rather unstable. However, Pokémon provided me with a degree of consistency amongst this turmoil, providing a constant source of comfort. Whenever something bad happened, maybe a student urinated on my clothes, or another's older brother beat me up in the bathroom, or I was pinned down and repeatedly spat on, Pokémon provided a small sense of comfort at the end of the day (especially as I struggled to express my sufferings to my family).

I now refer back to my cited response in the opening paragraph, I suppose a large part of Pokémon's appeal to me (particularly in my younger years) was because my team represented the protectors that I longed for, yet lacked, in the real world. Within the world of Pokémon, I possessed a strength that didn't exist for me outside the game. To temporarily escape this world of ours where I have often felt powerless and alone, I could enter the worlds provided by my cartridges of Red and Silver. In those worlds, I was never alone or powerless. Instead, I was surrounded by an adorable array of powerful animals willing to protect me from any dangers that I might face, and any bullies that tried to oppress me.

Pokémon thus became more than a game to me on account of these reasons. To this day, Pokémon has remained a source of comfort during darker periods of my life (depression, my parents' divorce and subsequent separation from my youngest sibling). My teams are made up of companions whom I can always rely upon, who don't desert me when the going gets tough. Obviously there are many other aesthetic reasons why Pokémon appeals to me, however, the emotional reasoning perhaps resonates the most.

EvBnvM7.png

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Last day already! It went by so fast but this is a fun event!
30. Why do you like Pokemon?
A lot actually, first I like it for the competitive scene because I prefer playing the game in a more advanced levels. It's so rewarding to predict opponents correctly too! Another reason is the various merch, I like collecting cards, plushies, and more! And then I like the community because I've made so many friends over a simple game like this.

There are so many reasons why I like it so I'll stop there; I'm so glad I picked the franchise up again when I was 13.

Years

It's the appeal of the character design and the mechanics that while some are complex, they make the franchise able to reach a wide audience and with more people connecting than ever, it's just going to keep becoming a global brand. There's so much that I love about Pokemon, and that's why it's stuck with me as long as it did.

Back