• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you tend to mostly play female or male characters?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2016
    Being a male, I find it more relating to play as male characters. Specially in certain circumstances. But I do RP as both genders, most characters, male or female, share my personality, as it is easy for me to get into character as such.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Female, male, or non binary, I play characters that share my interest for phallic objects. ;3

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
    Years
  • I think it's a pretty even split for me. Unless the male protag is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. In which case, I always play as the male character. For example, Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Years
  • For me I usually find it easier playing a male character seeing as how I am one. At the same time though I've nothing against playing as a female character but I just always feel like I don't make a convincing female is all :P

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Ooo I love these little question things.

I only have male characters, and I'm OK with that, it's what I'm happy playing as. I think I more need to diversify their backgrounds than gender.

As to why I never make a female, I just don't feel like.. maybe someday!

I can say a gender neutral character is something I will never make, I don't have any interest in the subject or a character of that denomination.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
    Years
  • Well, barring the ones I am currently not active in, I control four females (Iris, Kylie, Blair, Lauren and Lotus) and two males (Tilki and Gray). However, due to other circumstances, only my female chars have been more developed. My other RPs that have dropped off in activity have coincidentally all had male characters. so, going forward, I will be doing male chars. Kinda glad I ventured outside of my comfort zone for the female chars, otherwise I'd have nothing but male chars. So, I'll probably be going back to more male chars.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • I find it easier to write Female characters... Okay, that's a lie. I find it easier to write interesting female characters, and harder to write Male Characters that aren't over-the-top or two-dimensional. I found my niche in writing female leads in my stories.

As for Gender-neutral characters... I guess? I've written a Quest (Choose-your-own-adventure-story) in 2nd PoV, and it's pretty gender neutral. The character is a guy, pretending to be a girl since he was forced to attend an all-girls school. He's my trial at a guy character since I found my niche. It's pretty gender-neutral, with the occasional jabs at masculinity and how his best female friend is manlier than him.

My first Roleplay character is a guy(A tsundere tactician/swordsman) followed by a girl-that-got-turned-into-a-guy (a fencer.)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I go about it in roleplays about the same way that I do in video games. I just go for whatever I see the character I envision is, and that usually is dependent on the setting, the type of character I want to make, and the tone. This is and to say that I Think that certain genders fit better in certain roleplays- that's neither here nor there.

Generally, though, I can see the character that I want to create when I think of how I would utilize them in the roleplay. So it tends to be a wildcard. But I don't particularly have any problem playing guys or gals. Nor do I really have a particular preference. Not generally, at least.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I've never tried to RP as a female character before. If I did, I'd probably try it in a smaller setting than here with less detail involved for the first time.

Whenever I write stories or personal fan fiction, I try to base my female characters around people I know in real life. Then again, I tend to do that with my male characters as well.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • I used to play mostly male characters back when I started roleplaying, but nowadays I'd say I actually have a pretty decent mix of male and female. In the grand scheme of things, I've probably played more males overall, but there have been times when I've realized I'm currently playing more females, too. It really depends, and I've never found myself having trouble playing either one, so this whole "I can't play gender x because I'm gender y" sounds pretty... strange to me, tbh. Not that it really matters, anyone's free to play whatever they want regardless of their reasons, I just don't really get it. Personally though, I don't really consider gender that big a deal either way, and I don't really have a "default" gender or anything.

Heck, oftentimes I pick a gender solely based on which side is less represented in the already existing cast, because it makes it easier for me to decide. So, say, an rp has 8 sign ups for females and only 4 for males - so I'll go ahead and make a male to balance things out a bit, or vice-versa. Or if not, the gender usually comes to me when I think of the character idea itself; oftentimes I start to envision the character's appearance as I come up with their personality and backstory, and that leads me to picking a gender.

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I've always tended to roleplay with female characters -- I find it easier for me to write them for some reason -shrug- Just always been that way! I always struggle with male characters and no, I've never tried a nonbinary character.

Years
  • I've only done a few rps in my life and never got into them too much. I'd try some more if I found one I liked that had people stick around for a long time. Anyway if I did rp I would probably play both male and female, I wouldn't mind switching it up.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I use to play as female characters fairly often (way before joining this forum), and then switched to playing male characters as of late. (When I am not being murdered by school and by life in general.)

Back