• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon ~ Till' the End of Time (T) (IC)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

POKÉMON
Til' the End of Time

OOC / IC

ACT I
Oreburgh City : EVENING

Spoiler:

The connecting city of Oreburgh was just as bustling as ever, with everyone fawning over the new fossil revival craze, all sponsored by the local Gym Leader, Roark, the Rock-Type Gym Leader. In fact, it's the most popular area for miners and workers to find work, and to find more materials to help the city grow. It's also the first city new trainers go to, to earn their first badge, and thus, their first step to qualify for the Pokemon League. It seems like the perfect, and most humble city to travel to.

Or rather, it was supposed to be.

You've just arrived here recently with your partner pokemon, a newly honorary member of Team Galactic, a group who works in the light, and in the shadows. Days ago, you've anonymously received a few things via the mail, only signed by Team Galactic: A few Pokeballs, some essentials, and the Galactic Holo Caster, a portable phone where you can talk with people with a hologram of yours. There was a message waiting for you on the Holo Caster: Head to Oreburgh for your first task. Soon upon arrival in Oreburgh, you're greeted with a sudden message on your Holo Caster:

"Greetings, losers," it began. The hologram was from a slander woman with an odd, purple hairdo. "I hope you all weren't expecting a cookie by joining Team Galactic. If so, prepare to be terribly disappointed. At any rate, I'm one of team Galactic's commanders, Jupiter. But don't be shy. You may call me 'Master' if you want, ohoho. Flattery will get you eeeeeverywhere with me. Ahem, well, by now, you should of arrived in Oreburgh, but if not, you might want to consider taking some time in the Gym, for your slow butt. And I don't mean the Pokemon Gym. But if you're there, good for you! That will be your first cookie. Now, for those of you who aren't familiar with Oreburgh, you're in luck! Master Jupiter will give you a crash course. You should be grateful!"

PSXq1kp.png

"...Well FIRST OF ALL, I'd like to say, Oreburgh City is a name something only someone a feeble mind like Mars can come up with. After all, they mine loads and loads of ores, HARHAR, very funny guys."

jV7xtjj.png

"Still, as a city, it's not doing so bad with such a handful of materials for their disposal. In fact, according to Roark, it's been doing amazing. And that's what's scary: it's doing a little TOO well lately. The materials they have been gathering have been going on for the millions now, a dramatic increase from the numbers only months ago. So, the boss believes something is going on here. "

gQBJU2B.png

"Now here's the fun part: do you see the museum on display, near to the Gym? Rumors indicate they'rereviving more fossils lately, solding them off to black market buyers there. In fact, soon they're planning to do another auction there... well, not unless Team Galactic has anything to say about it.

"So geeks, here's what we're going to do: Tonight, we're going to charge right in, and steal every single last fossil and ore they possess! It won't be easy, though. We're sure to run into the workers and scientists who come in there, especially Roark himself who won't stand to see his 'precious rocks' stolen. In fact, I bet the police will come around there too, no doubt they've been bribed by allowing this, and to guard the place while they're doing their auction business. Hell, I bet even the new trainer brats fresh out of trainer school will want to help their 'Gym Leader buddy and hero'... ick."

"I'll be there shortly to help guide the mission, but, don't get antsy. Remember, we're not to move or do anything until tonight and until we gather more info, so until then, just relax, do whatever you wish.. heck, maybe you can try and get a badge to pity ol'Roark, or get new pokemon? Up to you. But obviously, keep your role as Team Galactic a secret, and be sure to meet up by the museum tonight. Don't be late!

Jupiter, out."

__________________________________________​

Well, you heard the lady. Tonight is the first mission! But first, you're free to prepare and to wonder the City of Oreburgh. You're free to make up any stories about your character as you wish, as well as meet and greet any other character that you want.

Some optional events to do, and a few areas of interest:

The Research Center / Rock Museum: The Research center with the Rock Museum is one of the focal points of Oreburugh, showcasing many Ores and Fossilized pokemon. You might meet some scientists and some... shady characters pass on by. Maybe you'll learn more about the shady stuff they're planning? Discreetly find out the most crudest info you can, and you may be awarded later on....

The Mines: The Mines is a crude place, where workers constantly chip away at boulders and rocks to make a profit. However, some workers don't seem to mind. In fact, some are slacking off. Discussions about... smuggling are among them?! Maybe you'll learn more about the shady stuff they're planning? Discreetly find out the most crudest info you can, and you may be awarded later on!

Sinnoh Route 207

Sinnoh_Route_207_Map.png

Route is a route in central Sinnoh, connecting Route 206 and Oreburgh City with Mt. Coronet. Maybe pokemon make the grassland their home.

List of wild Pokemon in this area for capture:

machop.gif
ponyta.gif
phanpy.gif
gligar.gif

teddiursa.gif
misdreavus.gif
shinx.gif
kricketot.gif

You can allow these pokemon to have moves up to level 25.

Oreburgh Mine

Sinnoh_Oreburgh_City_Map.png

The Oreburgh Mine is located in Oreburgh City and operated by Roark. It is one of the main features in the city, as well as the city's leading energy source.

List of wild Pokemon in this area for capture:

geodude.gif
onix.gif
zubat.gif
rhyhorn.gif

roggenrola.gif
woobat.gif
shuckle.gif
aron.gif

You can allow these pokemon to have moves up to level 25.

Optional: The Oreburgh Gym

J34PoYd.jpg

The Oreburgh Gym at first seems innocent enough: the battlefield with filled with gravel and boulders for rock pokemon, and the Gym Leader, Roark, himself seems to be a honest and talented battler.

Many new and eager trainers come here to earn their first badge, and win or lose, Roark always tells them to always do their best, and never give up on their dreams. While his very presence may sicken and annoy you, you can challenge him for a badge, if you wish, if you're looking to gain more power, and influence as a trainer. But do it quickly, as you won't get another chance soon...

Spr_Pt_Roark.png
Pokémon on hand:

onix.gif

Onix
Slam | Dig | Rock Slide | Dragon Breath | Screech | Harden

rampardos.gif

Rampardos
Headbutt | Flamethrower | Focus Energy | Zen Headbutt | Iron Head | Head Smash

Note: You can choose to battle in either a 2 on 2, or a 1 on 1 battle. Or a 2 on 1 battle if you're feeling it. Also, don't let the moves scare you - how you win or lose the battle will be up to you and your creativity. And yes, again, you can play as Roark if you choose to battle against him.

Players List

Jackson Crane (played by Jay)
Spoiler:

Scott Plaskett (Luster Purge)
Spoiler:

Kae Kassinski (played by Adventure)
Spoiler:

Victoria Levi (played by LinearAxel)
Spoiler:

Felix Sherman (played by Godzil)
Spoiler:

Odette Radiuju (played Nagi)
Spoiler:

Lucy Applefield (played by Noa)
Spoiler:

Talia Grants (played by Jill Sandwich)
Spoiler:

Maddie Calloway (played by Ozymandias)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Jackson_Crane.png

OREBURGH
Current Location : Route 207

"Bitch."

Jackson let out a sigh as he switched off the holorecorder and shoved it back into his bag. It was damn cold in Oreburgh, not that Sinnoh being one of the coldest regions in general helped that much. He bathed his hands in the warmth of his lighter for a second, before lifting it to light the cigarette hanging from his lips. He had been about to enjoy a smoke when Purple called him up. He didn't remember the leaders names really well on account of him being so new, so he often referred to them by their hair color

Purple, he was quickly learning, was not the type of person he was going to get on with very well.

He blew a puff of smoke towards the air in front of him and grinned when it started to flicker and turn purple, more smoke began to rise from Jackson's shadow, mingling and mixing with the swirling puff that still smelled of burning tobacco. Within a few seconds the rising smoke and darkness of his shadow melded together to form a large form that floated in front of him idly, a cheshire grin stretching from ear to ear. Gaspar couldn't really speak, but he was smarter than most normal pokémon. He too seemed not rather fond of Purple, then again, he wasn't fond of most people outside of Gaspar. It was a good thing that the ghost type had been kept in his pokéball for the whole interview process, Cyrus didn't seem the type to laugh off the floating spirits pranks and japes.

"You think so too, yeah?" Jackson said before blowing another puff of smoke, which Gaspar playfully dove towards and absorbed into his gaseous form.

"You're a pretty good judge of character for a ghost I think... maybe I'm rubbing off on you Gaspar?" The ghost type let out a light chuckle at that and began to swim in and out of Jackson's shadow, floating up above his head and swan diving off into the inky blackness below. "Ha, suppose you would, spendin' so much time in there."

When Gaspar sank into Jackson's shadow it changed slightly. Whatever darkness was there before intensified to a deep onyx, regardless of how faint it had been previously. Where the shadows eyeless visage would normally be, two slanted red shapes peeked out, glaring upon the World from below, an occasional chuckle or familiar sparkling white grin would sometimes pop out as well, but Gaspar tried to minimize the creepier effects in public for Jackson's sake. In return, Gaspar rarely if ever had to go to his pokéball.

Once he had settled into the shape, Gaspar let out a contented sigh and Jackson took it as indication that the ghost type was ready to go. Reaching into the rough and worn rucksack slung over his shoulder, Jackson pulled out a town map given to him by his new employer. It was nestled beneath some empty pokéballs and the now inactive communicator.

All the essentials that Purple mentioned were there, scattered about Oreburgh at various points. There was the gym, the mines and the museum, just as had been described. "So we've gotta few hours before we rob the joint, right? Generous. Best win that gym challenge before we get on bad terms with the leader right?" A gentle chuckle of agreement rose from the ever following and shifting shadow.

"Still... we've got pokéballs now right? I guess we never considered gettin' anybody else on the team when trainin' you up right?" He scratched his head, trying to maneuver the sprawling mining city without a very good sense of direction and a map awkwardly held in his other hand. "While I ain't got any doubt you could put that hard hat poser into a brand new sorta hole... I feel like we're gonna need some extra firepower when we're standin' up to people with more strategy than thrown' rocks."

Gaspar seemed to growl a little, seemingly too confident in his own abilities to desire a teammate, but aside from this he put up no argument to the contrary of what Jackson was saying. "Hey now, c'mon bud, y'know you're my number one here, but every team needs a sideliner or two." Jackson grinned and pointed to their destination. The exit to route 207. "Tall grass my friend. That's where the recruits are hidin' ain't no way they're gonna hold a torch to you any which way. So I wouldn't worry too much 'bout bein' challenged. If anythin' you'll need to hold back."

Gaspar chuckled menacingly and dispersed from Jackson's shadow, floating idly by the trainers shoulder and glancing over the grass with glee. "Time to get to work."

Jackson let out a deep sigh as another Ponyta fell to the ground before him. Gaspar had a wild grin on his face as he stretched while floating up into the air and began rotating in place, holding his stomach in a fit of laughter. "Can't one of these damn things take a shadowball? Shit..." Jackson flicked a cigarette butt to the dirt below and ground it into the floor with his boot. "What a load of bull... how's anything here supposed to be a challenge when we're lucky if something takes more than one hit?"

Gaspar waddled over to his, walking on air. The worst he had sustained was a small singe mark on his left... ear? Horn? Jackson had never really thought about it. "I guess I could give ya a potion bud... but I feel like we're waistin' resources here. Especially with these small fry. Hang on, lemme see..." He swiveled in place a little, looking around the route, grass on all sides but a surprisingly small amount of anything else. It still didn't take long however, for Jackson to see and approach what he was looking for. A small shrub was growing naturally in a slightly grander thicket of long grass. Small blue berries were growing upon it, with one in particular blooming in full.

"Excellent, this should take care of any bumps and bruises you g-... hnng... hey come on now, what's this thing made of!" As Jackson went to pick the oran berry from the bush he felt a strange resistance, something was holding on just a little too tightly for his liking and no matter how much Jackson tugged it wouldn't come loose. With both hands wrapped around the rather large fruit he tugged and tugged and tugged some more until finally something gave way. Falling backwards on his back, to the great amusement of Gaspar, Jackson pulled the berry from the ground...

Along with a small bear like pokémon that was grasping the other end.

The tiny brown pokémon looked at him, dangling from the berry as he stood up and held it aloft. It had a pretty nasty wound on its left ear, part of it seemed to be missing. Its tiny back eyes were terrified as it looked Jackson's glare dead on. It had an odd crescent moon shape upon its head. Jackson didn't recognize the pokémon by name.

"The fuck are you?" He said, passive aggression dripping from his voice. Shaking the berry a little the small pokémon fell to the ground, squeaking a little as it thudded on the floor. "Gaspar, take care of this thief yeah? Free experience is good experience. Shadow ball away." Gaspar floated forward with a sadistic lilt, grinning wildly he rose his stumpy arms skyward and formed a ball of dark purple energy. The small bear rose to run, but Gaspar was too fast, somersaulting forward twice through the air Gaspar tossed the shadow ball forward and it collided full on with the tiny bear.

Jackson shrugged and turned to walk away, satisfied he was finished... when he heard scurrying behind him. Turning on the spot again he saw the small bear darting through the grass, completely unharmed by the attack previously launched against it. Like nothing had happened at all. "You've gotta be kidding me..." He muttered astounded, before frantically reaching into his bag and pulling a pokéball out.

"C'mon Gaspar, that's the one."

Gengar_footer.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png

Kae closed the holocaster and put it back into her shoulder bag. She had already played the whole message several times, even before running off to Sinnoh, but it made her feel things every time. Roark was a gym leader, he was a scientist. He was supposed to be one of the good guys and help the planet. Instead, he was digging up the earth, disturbing wild pokémon in the process. They even stole ancient fossils from the ground, remnants of pokémon long forgotten. Why could they not just let them rest in peace? The whole thing made her furious.

She grasped the bench beneath her with her hands, where she sat next to the street just outside the pokémon center. Beside her, the impressive Sceptile was taking a nap, leaning against the bench rather than sitting on top of it. He would wake up in a split second if he needed though. His reflexes were seldom outmatched by anybody else's.

It made Kae happy that Team Galactic wanted to do something about this nefarious activity. Kae would have no objections to storming the museum and reclaiming the fossils. She knew that truth was on their side, and not on the scientists'. It even made her eager just to think about it, and a bit impatient. Why did she have to arrive in Oreburgh so early? She couldn't sit here and wait all day. The city was small, but the people here made her antsy. The cityfolk here didn't seem to be the sharpest tools in the shed. She doubted that she could have an intelligent conversation with any of those she had seen so far. These people were all up in their own problems and stupid world bubbles.

She would have none of that nonsense.

"Come on, Root," she said, and the Sceptile instantly jumped up and only gave a tiny yawn as any sign of him having been dozing off just prior. "Let's take a walk outside of town for a bit. Maybe we can find some wild pokémon to hang out with instead of... This."

Root nodded in agreement, and they were off, not even looking at the passerbys that seemed impressed to find a fully evolved grass type walking around in their rocky city.

((OOC: gonna make her capture a Ponyta and mayyybe also an Aron/Geodude/Roggenrola/Rhyhorn later. Haven't decided which yet c: ))

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Scott Plaskett
181-mega.png

Scott closed the Holo Caster quickly, looking around to make sure that nobody overheard him. Keep my role a secret, huh? he thought. You sure know how to do that, with this stupid thing blaring. Why had he decided to join ranks with this pack of idiots? He already hated them all. Especially the one with the purple hair; Japer or Juniper or whatever the hell her cheesy name was.

And now they were putting him to work. As a petty thief. These Galactics really aren't shaping up like they made everyone think. Changing society by stealing some old rocks? That makes perfect sense. But still, he could kind of get on with this plan. He was sick of Roark and his attitude, he was sick of the citizens just sitting there and worshiping their Gym Leader blindly. They had no idea what it was like to not have whatever they wanted, and it was sickening.

Actually, that gives me an idea. How about before the raid, I walk up to that Gym and destroy him in battle? That'll be some nice salt in the wound that he's going to get tonight. The idea buzzed through Scott's mind and he couldn't dispose of it. So now he found himself in front of the Pokemon Gym in Oreburgh, ready to face Roark without any plan whatsoever.

Inside, it looked like a mess. Wannabe Trainers who were probably fresh out of that stupid Trainer School were just walking around, looking for a battle. And in the back corner, Roark sat atop a hill, with an overly jolly expression as he looked down at the mess of rocks and people. Oh, how Scott wished that he could wipe the smile right off that face. It would all be over in a few minutes.

Creeping behind the trainers, he dodged them all and found his way to the Gym Leader of the city. Clutching the Poke Ball of Ampharos, he tried to stand tall and menacing against Roark. Yet he seemed unfazed.

"Hey!" he called, as if Scott was acting like the friendliest person in the world, "You're a new Trainer, right? And you came here 'cause you want a Gym Badge?"

"Well-" Scott began to respond, but to no avail, as Roark just kept talking.

"Great! I always love seein' new Trainers follow their dreams! Now, looks like ya got one Poke Ball on you, so let's do a one on one here. Go ahead, call out your 'mon."

Already? This man's attitude was driving Scott insane. He didn't seem to have a care in the world, and he was completely oblivious to the burning hatred that his challenger possessed for him. Not like he got a chance to express that.

Amid his own personal confusion, he released Ampharos from the Poke Ball. Roark seemed impressed at first, but then he seemed to realize something and desperately tried to hold back laughter. It wasn't a very good attempt, however, and Scott noticed that easily. But he was still unaware of the issue in front of him.

"A-alright, then!" Roark tried to say calmly. "Well, in that case, eh, Onix, it's your turn!" The Leader's Pokemon began to form in the arena of rubble, and it towered over both trainers. Ampharos, who at first was confused as to what was going on, began to back away in fear. He looked at Scott nervously, as if to ask why he had to do this.

"Look, Ampharos," he whispered under his breath. "I know that thing is massive, but this is a battle and we need to win this. I can explain later. Just try, okay?" Whether these words had an effect or not, Scott would never know, because Roark began speaking right after.

"Eh, uhh, I'll let you make the first move, I guess." At this point, he almost looked like he was pitying Scott.

How weak does he think I am? was Scott's thought process following that, because he still hadn't realized the major disadvantage he had. I'll show him. "Oh, really? Well, in that case, let's start with Thunder Punch!" Onix didn't even try to dodge the attack. As Ampharos's paw struck the body of the enemy, it just stood there. The attack did absolutely nothing.

At this point, Roark couldn't hold back his laughter. "Kid, Onix is a Ground-type! Now, uhh, I'm just going to end this now. Come back when you catch something else, at least."

Scott was infuriated. How could this man just stand there and laugh in his face, when he was clearly the better trainer? A bad type matchup wouldn't be enough to stop him. "Outrage, now!" he called, and Ampharos began to charge at Onix, but the attack never landed. Roark's Pokemon had burrowed into the ground, preparing it's Dig attack. As Ampharos stood there, confused, Onix shot up from the floor of the arena and struck Scott's only team member with a disturbing amount of force. Ampharos crashed back down to the ground, unconscious.

"Yeah, uhh, just keep this in mind if you come back." Roark said, still in the same mood as before; happy and carefree. "That Ampharos is something, for sure, but you ain't able to ask for a worse type matchup. Come back with another Pokemon, alright?"

Scott was not pleased. How could this pathetic fool beat him? It just didn't make sense. As he was walking out of the Gym, Roark called out again.

"Never give up, kid!"

Disgusting.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
UtFBq0X.png

Lucy Applefield
Spr_4d_015.png

Lucy gazed at the Holocaster for some time after the message had ended, as if unable to process what she'd seen, before a grin crept onto her face.
"Hehe... Wow." Medicine was buzzing next to her, and tilted his head as if to ask what was going on. Lucy couldn't help flashing a gigantic smile at her Beedrill.
"Our first mission... Already." Lucy patted his head.
"Can you believe it?" Medicine buzzed softly, as if he was purring.
She had never been to Sinnoh before, so she couldn't stop herself from trembling. Perhaps it was from nervousness, or perhaps it was because she was severely under dressed for the weather.
"Haha..." She laughed nervously, vigorously rubbing her arms.
"It can't be helped. I'll have to warm up some other way." She took a deep breath, taking in the chilly air and letting a deep, contented sigh.
"Okay, let's go." She took off into the city, Medicine flying close behind.

To Lucy's relief, the citizens of Oreburgh didn't seem interested in talking to a newcomer. The last thing she wanted was some stranger chatting her up. "So, Roark and his fossil-loving friends are milking the earth dry for any opportunity to make some money..." Lucy narrowed her eyes in the direction of the Oreburgh mine. She checked the time on her cell phone. "Sigh... We've still got plenty of time. Why don't we go explore a little in the mines? Maybe... we can gather some more information on this project. Let's go, Medi!" Once again, Medicine faithfully followed his trainer as she bolted through the town. If there was one thing Lucy had an excess of, it was stamina.

The entrance of Oreburgh mine was bustling with workers, some going to and fro, some idly sitting around, some doing actual work. She was bumped into by a burly mine worker, arms speckled with dirt. "Watch out, little lady. This is no place for kids." He got a little too close for comfort in observing the seemingly young lady's face, but a rather nasty look from Lucy and a threatening stance from Medicine sent a shiver down his spine and caused him to reel. "S-Sorry..." He muttered, scuttling away. Lucy sharply exhaled. Not 20 minutes in the city and she already had a bad experience with an adult.

Inside, workers were slamming away with all sorts of tools at the mine walls. She noticed a small gathering of miners near the back of the room, talking quietly amongst themselves. Or, as quietly as you could talk in a room full of loud machinery. She inched closer to them, trying to listen in on their discussion. One of the miners, catching a glimpse of a strange young lady hanging out in the mines for no apparent reason and eavesdropping, approached Lucy.

Oh dear...

"Can I help you, young lady?"
Now's the time to use ~that~..."
Lucy put on the sweetest face she could.
"O-Oh! Umm... I'm just looking for my dad. He works in the mines... And I wanted to visit him! I've never been down in the mines, you see..."
She had already done more than enough, and the miners were already doting on her.
"Oh, I see, I see! Well, if he's not here, he's probably further along in the caves. You be careful, okay?"
"Yup, I will! Thank you!" Flashing one last sweet smile, she took off into the mines.

"Fuu... That was scary. Ugh! I hate having to do that!" Medicine quivered as if he was laughing. "Listen... It was the first thing that came to my mind. Anyway, I want to see where all these fossils and treasures are coming from. It's clearly not the first floor..."
Lucy and her Beedrill continued their descent into the mines, not knowing that something BIG was waiting for them...

(OOC: Gonna catch an Onix in my next post, I believe)

Years

Felix

Felix sat on a bench outside the Oreburgh Mining Museum, rewatching the Holo clip from Jupiter. He was having fun pinching her holographic head, pretending to crush it like a grape. Sure, it was childish, but he didn't care for Jupiter or her condescending attitude. He supposed he should stop wasting time, considering he was technically on the clock.

Putting away his Holocaster, he rose from the bench and headed into the museum. A group of school kids were heading inside, presumably on a field trip, and Felix quietly followed behind them, blending right in (to his slight chagrin). The first sight that greeted them was a massive hunk of coal the size of a car. Some of the younger children were impressed, but Felix had his doubts about the authenticity of the piece. Surely an actual piece of coal that large would be better off broken down and utilized as fuel, instead of a tourist attraction.

His thoughts were interrupted by an overly friendly woman approaching the class. "Hello, students! Welcome to the Mining Museum, where we document the fascinating history of our town's most valuable asset, the Oreburgh Mine! First off, let's learn all about one of our chief exports, coal!" Felix braced himself for a boring afternoon.

Their tour guide led them to a hall lined with dioramas. "These sets here tell all about how coal is made. In a time long before history, vegetative matter was swept along by rain and rivers. It came to be buried under the ground. The buried plant matter was forced ever deeper underground due to tremors and fissures caused by the shifting landmasses. There, it was subjected to heavy pressure and the heat of magma, gradually turning into coal. A fun little fact, but when coal is placed under even more intense heat and pressure, it compresses into a diamond!" She gestured to the final diorama, a display case containing an uncut diamond the size of a ping pong ball. Felix made a mental note of its location, wondering if he'd have time for a detour later.

"And in this next room, we have display cases showing mining equipment used in the opening days of the mine, all the way up to tools we use today!" Before she could usher the group into the room, Felix heard a door open behind him. He glanced back, seeing a man in a lab coat leaving a side room. Taking it as his cue, Felix slipped away from the group, catching the door before it could shut. Peeking inside, he saw some sort of lab, a table with a couple computers on it, and a row of lockers.

Slipping inside, Felix strolled over to the lockers, stopping at a random one. He pulled a bobby pin and a lockpick from his pocket, making short work of the padlock. He found a white coat inside, which he quickly pulled on. It was a bit large on him, so he rolled up the sleeves as he explored the lab. He noticed a pair of reading glasses on a table, which he quickly put on.

The lab appeared to be a restoration room of some kind, with various rocks of all sorts gathered in bins. Felix noticed one of the computers was still on, so he sat down to look at it. Finding a folder titled "Progress Reports", he began reading. From what he could see, this lab was in charge of cataloguing all Fossils discovered in the mine or donated to the museum. Felix pumped his fist in victory, amazed at his luck.

Before he could investigate further, he heard the door open again. Two men entered, arguing about something.

"Dr. Hammond, we can't keep selling this many Fossils! The mine simply doesn't produce enough!"

"Then start dipping into the donations! People give you Fossils to be raised all the time, tell them they're just rocks! We'll use those in the auctions."

"But sir, won't people notice if we don't revive Fossils anymore?"

Before Hammond could respond, he saw Felix trying to hide behind a potted plant. "You there! What do you think you're doing?!"

Felix sheepishly stepped out, holding up a cigarette. "Just taking a smoke break, Dr. Hammond, sir..."

Hammond glared, furiously pointing at a cluster of signs. "Can't you read? No smoking inside the lab! Take it outside!"

"Y-yes, sir! I'm sorry, sir!" Felix scurried past the pair, heading for the front doors. When he was safely out of sight, he put his "cigarette" (actually a piece of chalk) back in his bag. He took off the glasses, putting them in the pocket of his stolen lab coat. "So, they're running out of Fossils, eh? That information might be worth something to the Commanders."

There was still plenty of time left before the operation began, and Felix wanted to look around town a bit more. He put his new coat in his bag, heading for a luxury apartment building that was holding an open house.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png

Route 207 was pretty. The lazy afternoon breeze was making the trees gently sway as if they were greeting Kae as she walked past. She felt much more at home here than in even a small city like Oreburgh. There were bound to be some wild pokémon here as well. Just as that thought popped up in her mind again, Root grunted and pointed ahead of them. There was a bunch of fiery pokémon grazing the nearby grass field.

"Ponyta!" Kae said in delight. "They don't come here often, do they? I bet the noisy miners drove them down from the mountain range..."

The two crept closer and waited behind some rocks while Kae pondered how to best approach them. If she was going to be a trainer now, she supposed that she had to capture more pokémon. Ponyta were graceful, but their fire sure was no great match-up against Root's easily flammable body. They had to be smart about it. If she stormed in and started attacking one of them, the others were sure to come to its aid. They couldn't handle that. If she simply walked down and greeted them, then? No, then they would just run away. How about...

She rummaged her bag and found the casket of berries she had packed. All pokémon loved Sitrus berries. Knowing that Root had much better throwing arms than her, she gave a couple of berries to him after showing what she meant to do. Root always understood her easily; their bond was very strong after all. He tossed one of the berries so that it landed just outside of the Ponyta herd. The other berry, he landed a bit closer to them. Kae herself then tossed a third berry almost behind the rocks they were at, slightly sheltered from the view of the herd.

"Let's hope their sense of smell is at least half as good as yours," Kae murmured as she crouched down again.

Root scoffed. As if!

It actually didn't take long before a rather small Ponyta emerged from the group. It sniffed in the air, then on the ground... And found the berry! It also realized that there was another lost berry to be found nearby. Luckily, the herd didn't seem to notice it wandering off.

Once it had reached the third berry, the herd couldn't see it any longer. Root and Kae were so quiet and still they possibly could, but a few seconds after swallowing the last berry, the Ponyta did look up and spotted the two intruders. It was just about to start screaming, when Kae shot up and raised her hands in the air with a soothing noise.

"Shhh, we don't mean to scare you! Sorry. We just wanted to meet you."

The Ponyta suddenly looked really sceptic, and gave the imposing Sceptile behind the girl a narrow stare.

"Yes, he is a strong pokémon, but you could easily burn him with your fire, couldn't you? We won't hurt you unless you let us."

That didn't seem very reassuring for the little pony, who started backing away.

"Wait! I know that you probably want to stay with your herd in the wild. I get that. And normally... I didn't think that I would be traveling the region to take pokémon away from their homes one day. But here I am. Root here, he was grown in the lab. He has never had a family in the wild; I am his family."

Ponyta leaned its head to the side. Was that sympathy? This pokémon seemed quite intelligent. Kae became more and more interested in it. She had to play her cards right now.

"And we need your help. We are on an important journey. To save the world. We can't do it alone; we need other strong and smart pokémon by our side. Maybe also humans..." Kae shuddered at the thought, but knew that she had to admit that for now. "But mostly pokémon. We are asking you to join us."

Ponyta looked from one to the other. The girl's expression was sincere enough. The Sceptile was completely impossible to read. It just kept staring at Ponyta with a half smile. Creepy. But like the girl said, Ponyta could burn him with fire if needed. To be honest... life here on the fields of Route 207 wasn't too exciting. Ponyta's parents were overly careful, super afraid of humans and never let Ponyta explore new places. Going with these people would let it see the world! And if they tried to make it do stuff it didn't want to, let there be fire.

The pony smiled and walked up to Kae happily. She let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding, when she reached out with her hand and gingerly touched Ponyta's head. The flames did not burn her. That was the sign. Genuine happiness filled her.

"It is possible to be a trainer without disrupting the nature," she said to herself. "I'll show them."

77.png

Kae captured a Ponyta!
Personality: Very proud and intelligent, has little patience
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset: Fire Spin | Flame Charge | Stomp | Ember | Tackle | -

Years
jFNAB3Z.jpg
Name: Nino Wallace Status: Hungry Location: Oreburgh City Team: Galactic
[h2][/h2]

Nino close the Holocaster, when the beautiful purple haired commander finish giving the objective, and quickly went back to eating his food. He hadn't eaten ever since he got off the ship, earlier that morning. "So we're stealing some fossils back, huh? That could be fun." He thought as he took the last bite of the half eaten meat on his plate. "Maybe, I can get Shieldon or Kabuto!" Nino jump out of his seat with a fist in the air in excitement, causing a few of the diner's customers to give him an odd look. He never even notice nor did he care. He quickly finish his food, paid off his check, and bought a few slices of jerky then left out of the diner.

As soon as Oreburgh City's air hit his face, Nino gave a little shiver and pulls out his pack of cigarettes and lights one of them as it sat in-between his lips. He exhales a big puff of smoke as he let Terabyte out of his ball. "Meta!" The silver iron leg Pokémon screech as it materializes from the little pokeball he was resting in.

"Sorry, Tera but they don't let Pokémon in the diner unless they're small enough to sit on their trainers lap and for obvious reasons that's impossible for us." Nino states as he tosses Tera a few pieces of jerky.

"Gross, Gross!!" Terabyte replies back as it nods to show it understood as it continue to chew. Nino hates putting Terabyte in its ball and the Pokémon hates being there just as much. So Nino tries to keep him out as much as possible. Nino took another hit of his cig as him and Terabyte explore a little bit of the city. As they walked, Nino explain the situation to Terabyte and their objective for later on that night. Even though most people treat their Pokémon as their pet, Nino more sees Terabyte as family or a little brother.

"So I was thinking we should go check out Route 207 and see if we can find us a fighting type Pokémon." Terabyte gave him a confused groan. Nino just shock his head. "It's not that i don't think you can do it, buddy, it's just we kind of out of our element here. True, we could give some go using steel moves against the Rock- types but if they have any Fire- or Ground- Type moves, we are screwed. So we need some back up for just in case. Ok?"

"Meta, meta." Terabyte agreed understanding.

"Good," Nino said as he flick the cig butt and walk out the city into Route 207. "Now, let's see what we can find." Nino said as he pulls out a piece of jerky and takes a bite of it. "Let's go."

Nino and Terabyte had been walking around the Route for nearly an hour, seeing other trainers and Pokémon but no Fighting- Type. They had almost giving up when Terabyte caught a Machop walking past. The little grey humanoid seem to be practicing fighting as it was constantly punching a tree.

"Go, Terabyte uses Metal Claw!" Terabyte flew towards the Machop with his claws glowing. A split second before Terabyte collided with the Pokémon, Machop jump in the air landing behind Terabyte, as Terabyte claws slam into the tree. "Aw yeah I have to catch you!" Nino exclaim as he was intrigued by the Machop maneuvers.

Machop than charge towards Terabyte as his fist ignited in flames. "Watch out, Tera, use Psyshock!" Just as the Machop move was a few feet from Terabyte, Terabyte sent a orb of psychic waves flying towards the Machop. Machop tried to evade this attack as but unlike last time he wasn't as fast. His right side was graze by the attack, bringing the Machop to a knee. "Sorry, little guy but you just had the wrong match up today." Nino said as he reach for a pokeball. " But you have a lot of potential, I can't wait to see you grow." Nino finish as he threw the pokeball. The pokeball bounce off Machop's head and he was engulf in a red beam.

Shake…
Shake..

The pokeball burst back open, out of the red beam Machop came flying out with his little grey fist ignited in flames again. Nino tries to warn Terabyte but it was to late. Machop had already landed his flaming fist right in the dead center of Terabyte face. "Grossss!!" Tera screech in pain. Machop land back on the ground before once again falling to one knee.

"Tera, are you ok?" The silver Pokémon nods. "Good. Now, use Zen Headbutt!" Machop tries to move but he wasn't fast enough as Terabyte came crashing into the Machop sending him flying towards a tree. Before Machop can slam into the tree, Nino threw another pokeball.

Shake…
Shake..
Shake.
Ding!

"Yes! We caught a Machop!" Nino said as he ran and jumped on Terabyte.

8BNakQj.jpg

Name: Kenichi
Ability: Guts
Moves:
Fire Punch
Low Sweep
Seismic Toss
Foresight
Revenge
Dual Chop

Last edited:

Jay

Years
Jackson_Crane.png

FOLLOW THAT BEAR
Current Location : Route 207

Jackson continued to gasp and heave as he sprinted through route 207, passing other trainers along the way as he went. Some crazy woman talking to a wild ponyta, a massive tin can beating up a machop, the works. Gaspar was melded seamlessly into his shadow as they ran at top speed after the barely visible bear. "Just... stay... still... you little... shit..." Gaspar chuckled mockingly from his trainers shadow, eliciting an annoyed growl from Jackson whom was too focussed and fatigued to do anything else. Eventually the tiny pokémon darted between a treeline and though Jackson followed, the brief moment where he lost his line of sight was enough for him to lose sight of his target.

"Tch, damn." He grit his teeth and lit a cigarette quickly, puffing away at the nicotine to take the edge off his nerves. Gaspar rose out from the shadows and playfully began to swim through the puffs of smoke as he always did.

It was a little bit darker where they were standing, the thicket of trees and leaves above cast a dark pallor over the slightly rougher and longer thicket of grass they now stood amidst. Jackson was still curious about that pokémon, how had something so small managed to take such a powerful attack as if it were nothing? It was a tiny little thing and yet... did it hold some fantastic power? Hidden in that miniature form? Jackson didn't know but...

"-Ursa!"

The tiniest little squeak sounded in his ears, looking over to Gaspar, both partners confirmed that the other had heard same. Without any words shared between them, they pushed further through the thicket towards the source of the noise.

***​

What they found was rather exciting... although very worrying at the same time.

The small bear pokémon, still clutching its berry close to its chest, was backed against a rather large oak tree. Surrounding it were two pokémon Jackson recognized. Shinx, very common in Sinnoh. Behind them was another Shinx, although larger and with darker fur, Jackson assumed it was an evolved form. The three glared menacingly in the small bears direction. Their eyes filled with hunger and aggression. It was honestly an expression Jackson knew well. He had been there before, desperate for food to protect his family.

But you never grouped up and attacked someone smaller than you. That was sick minded and made you no better than whatever put you in your situation in the first place.

Jackson nodded to Gaspar and proceeded to crack his knuckles.

One of the Shinx took a step forward, electricity starting to jump around its body. The small, berry clutching pokémon shut its eyes and prepared for impact... but the impact never came.

"Back off!" As it opened its eyes, it saw a vaguely familiar human standing before it. His boot was colliding hard with the attackers side and proceeded to fling him into the nearby thicket. The Luxio and Shinx turned to growl at the human, when jumping from the grass came the rather terrifying pokémon from before. Its fist burst into a dark miasma of shadowy energy and cracked into the back of the other Shinx's skull, pushing its head into the ground and knocking it out instantly.

The Luxio charged forward and leapt, its fangs glowing with crackling electricity as it bit into the ghost type before it. The shadowy figure winced gently but only laughed it off moments later as a massive shadow orb formed right against the Luxio and exploded violently, flinging the electric type into a tree trunk and knocking it out on impact. The limp body fell to the ground and ceased all movement.

Jackson turned to the small bear, satisfied that any and all enemies had been dealt with. The small brown pokémon didn't move an inch, instead looking at Jackson very warily as he approached and hunkered down, cigarette still in his mouth.

"You alright fella?" He asked, an edge of sympathy in his voice. The small bear had not expected any sort of kindness from this powerful stranger. "T-Teddiursa..." Jackson rose an eyebrow when the small pokémon, the Teddiursa spoke. "Teddiursa huh? That your name?" It nodded in response, still clutching its berry tightly. Jackson felt his eyes soften.

"You got a family Teddy?"

The Teddiursa froze for a moment and the grip on its berry softened as it shook its head gently. It sunk down on to its behind, sitting on the forest floor and hugging the berry in its paws as if it were a friend. Gaspar drifted over, cackling very gently and landing on the ground beside the Teddirusa. The smaller pokémon shied away, still terrified of the large specter. Rather than cackle or glare however, Gaspar opened his mouth comically wide and pulled out an uneaten, still perfectly formed Oran berry from his gaseous form, only to place it beside the small bear.

The Teddiursa's eyes began to well with tears and he let out soft whimpers as he gripped the other berry even tighter than the first. "Hey..." Jackson said, a little awkwardly. "You seem pretty damn tough for your size y'know?... "We ain't got much family left either, bar one." He reached into his bag then and produced a single pokéball, letting the Teddiursa see it in plain sight.

"I've kinda learned somethin' important you could say... you never have to be alone if you don' want to. Me n' Gaspar are always looking for more help, so..." He trailed off, as if unsure of what to say next. He wasn't exactly used to this sort of interaction. "We could go together, ya get me? I'd keep ya fed n' stuff. Honest. What you say, Teddy?"

'Teddy' hesitated for a moment, but seeing the closest thing to a genuine expression he had seen in a long time... he couldn't stand to say no. Reaching out, Teddy touched the pokéball and disappeared inside. Jackson felt the ball shake once, twice and finally thrice before settling with a dull "thuummm" sound.

"Alright... we did it Gaspar! We caught a Teddiursa!" Jumping up to his feet with a certain level of excitement, Jackson clipped the ball to his belt and attempted to high five his companion. As always however his hand passed right through.

"You know what comes next, am I right?" Jackson asked as they started to make their way back to the city. Gaspar grinned wildly, madness brewing in his eyes. "That's right. Time to pay this Roark guy a visit."
teddiursa.gif

Teddiursa Caught!
Nickname:
Teddy
Personality:
Timid, often choosing to avoid fights. Has a massive sweet tooth.

Moveset:
  • Lick
  • Baby Doll Eyes
  • Play Nice
  • Fury Swipes
  • Fling
  • ---

Gengar_footer.png

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
iiiiiiit's the Jupiter show! Starring: Jupiter!
435.png

"Oreburgh... we're here at last," said the purple-haired Jupiter, wearing a long trench coat, and sun-shades over her Galactic uniform. Alongside her were 3 other Galactic members, but of the lesser branch: they were mere Grunts under her command. Naturally each one of them had their own names, however, Jupiter just liked calling them idiot, chump, and lame-o respectively. They peered over the city from the nearby route they traveled from Jublife City. It was as rustic and busy as predicted. "By the way, chump?"

"Sir!" One of the grunts called out for attention.

"Can we be sure about the attendance?" Jupiter asked. "I don't want any surprises for tonight."

"Yes, Sir!" the grunt replied. "From the updated reports, all are still in accountant for."

"Hmph, then that just leaves the geeks. I wonder if this is okay, leaving the fate of Team Galactic, and all of Sinnoh to some small minded, troubled trainers? I really do hope to know what the boss was thinking, and I hope he knows what he's even doing, ugh." Jupiter scowled, as she and the grunts approached the seemingly carefree, yet secretly dark city. 'Not to mention, this very city brings back a lot of bad memories...'

OOC: No, we're not starting the mission yet. Just want to get some Jupiter development out there!

Last edited:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

V_zpshkjkx4ye.png

Victoria Levi
vi_zpsadnl8zzw.png

Act 1 - Drab City
359.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

"How does someone like that climb the ranks?" Victoria mumbles to herself as she slips her holo caster back into her bag. Master Jupiter just did a fantastic job of ruining a perfectly delightful trek into the city with her obnoxious laughter and grinding voice. "I think we should over throw her." The young woman smirks as she looks down to Sabre, the Absol who was sitting loyally by her side.

Oh, yes, rising through the ranks was going to be a lot of fun—of course, she'll have to build a name for herself first, and what better way to start than robbing a well-known museum blind? It will make for a stunning debut. Now it's just a matter of finding some way to quell her boredom until the time comes. "Let's make some new friends, shall we?" Victoria asks as she twirls a strand of hair around her finger. Looking at the city, it's rather…drab. Everything is the same dull, stone grey, without anything the least bit eye catching. Not to mention that if master Jupiter was right, and that many people were going to interfere with their heist, she might need more than Sabre. Mega evolution or not, one versus the entire city's population was just unfair.

Victoria returns Sabre to his Pokéball as she journeys into the town. For now, she wants to draw as little attention to herself as possible. That will be a lot easier if kids aren't running over to ask if they can pet her fluffy companion, adults aren't questioning if the thing around his neck is a simple accessory or a real mega stone, and those superstitious idiots who think seeing an Absol means they're going to spontaneously burst into flames stay far away from her.

The walk through the town is about as dull as she expected, and upon reaching route 207 she feels an incredible sense of relief: Colors, how she missed them.

"Much better. Come on out, Sabre."

Her Absol bursts from its Pokéball in a flash of light and takes shape beside her, sitting loyally at her feet.

"Let's see what's in store for us today." Victoria smirks as she walks into the tall grass. She's hardly expecting to strike gold next to Drab city, but there must be something around here worth her time.

The walk is slow going: Victoria observing each clump of grass to find something worth claiming—yet it is not a Pokémon hiding in tall grass, rather a Pokémon resting atop a smooth boulder, that eventually catches her eye.

Sunbathing on the stone is a Shinx, a male Shinx it seems. The creature's feline build and light blur fur immediately appeal to Victoria, and she quickly reaches for her bag.
"No use wasting time." She thinks aloud as she tosses the ball towards the sleeping cub (how much fight can something put up while it's asleep?)

The Pokéball shakes once, twice—and then bursts back opened, the now fully awakened Shinx smacking the Pokéball back to Victoria with his tail, and following with an accusing, angry cry.
"Looks like we're doing this the hard way. That's fine." The blonde smirks, her desire to catch the little ball of fur growing at the determination in his eyes.

"Shin-Shinx!" The cub cries, electricity sparking out from his fur and surrounding him in a circular motion.

"Alright then. Sabre, use Future Sight." Victoria commands with the most smug of expressions.
Absol's eyes glow a piercing blue, the wind that glows gently through the route grows a tad bit stronger—and yet nothing more happens.

Its charge complete, the electricity around Shinx fades, and the small cub is left staring at its opponents with wide, uncertain eyes. "Shin?" Its head tilts. Are they in a fight or not?
Aww, now that's too cute. It's almost a shame to take advantage of its confusion. Almost. "Now use Shadow Claw!"

Absol leaps forward, its claws becoming enveloped in an aura of darkness as it lunges for Shinx. The tiny cub retaliates by leaping off its rock, where Absol gracefully lands—taking a chunk of the stone out with its energy filled claws.

Safely on the ground, Shinx begins collecting electricity around its body again—except this time it does not form around him, rather, it forms into a rotating, sparking ball, which is shot towards Absol at an impressive speed.

"Deflect it with Night Slash!" Victoria commands.

The horn atop Absol's head glows, and the Spark attack is met with said horn, smashing it right back to its user.

The attack hits its redirected mark, albeit doing very little damage. Shinx shakes the sparks out of its fur and glares angrily at Absol…leaving it completely oblivious to the Future Sight appearing, and smashing into its side.

Shinx is hurled into the air, and Victoria once more throws a Pokéball towards the cub, catching it before it smashes into the ground. The ball hits the grass with a thud and begins to shake: Once…twice…three times…click.

"I like you already." Victoria smirks as she reaches for the still Pokéball, which she holds victoriously out to Sabre. "Now what should we call you?"

Her mind immediately flashes back to the way Shinx's body shown when he first appeared from the failed capture: He had a shine to him, a vibrant light. There's a name that means that, what is it again?

"Lucius." She remembers allowed. "He looks like a Lucius."

Shinx was caught!
403.gif

Nickname: Lucius
Moveset:
Spark
Charge
Bite
Tackle
Ice Fang​

[/SIZE][/left]
[/cd]

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Maddie Calloway - Poffins, Poffins, Poffins

steelix.png

With a quiet sigh, Maddie closed her holocaster as Jupiter's message ended. The woman seemed nice enough, perhaps a bit aggressive, but such personality quirks were what made people unique. What concerned the young woman wasn't her borderline sadistic superior, but the instructions that were given by said sadistic superior. She had always been taught that stealing was wrong, no matter the reason. But Maddie thought that perhaps it could be used for good. What these people were doing was wrong and this would be the fastest and most reliable way in which they would have to answer for their actions.

All of that was for later though, right now was lunch time and the sandwiches that she had packed were looking tastier and tastier with each passing moment. Unpacking the small lunch she had brought with her, Maddie took in the scenery around her. The grassy environment of Route 207 made it an ideal place for both her and Rocky to get a bit of rest before their upcoming mission. The old Steelix was curled up, fast asleep while his young trainer sat perched atop his wide head, enjoying her sandwiches.

As she ate, Maddie watched both trainers and pokemon scurry about through the route, she was tempted to go and start conversation, but didn't want to disturb Rocky's rest. Their was one rather interesting girl that stood out from the rest of the pack. She had caught a wild Ponyta, but instead of just battling and catching it she had lured it in with berries and spoken with it, seemingly convincing it to join her team. The level of understanding between trainer and pokemon reminded her quite a bit of her own experiences on the family ranch. She made a mental note to try and seek out the red haired girl later.

Watching all the trainers made Maddie wonder if she should catch a wild pokemon of her own. Rocky wasn't lacking in strength, but from what she knew it was best to diversify the types of pokemon that a trainer caught so that they couldn't easily be exploited. But even if she wanted to go collect some new team members she wouldn't really know where to start. Her Steelix had been passed down to her from her father so technically she hadn't ever caught a pokemon. The most common method of attacking a wild pokemon until it was weak and then forcefully capturing it didn't seem very humane to her, so she'd probably have to go the route of the redhead girl.

She had brought quite a few poffins along with her, so the strategy could work just fine. All that she needed now was for Rocky to wake up and she'd be good to go. She was almost tempted to just wake up the sleeping giant, but knew better than to do that. As strong as Rocky was, he was also incredibly old and needed as much rest as he could get. He also enjoyed spending his time outside of a pokeball rather than inside of one, so Maddie respected his wishes by trying her best to let him travel around with her in the real world, although it could prove quite difficult due to his enormous size.

To pass the time as Rocky slept, Maddie tried to decide on what pokemon she was going to try and recruit to the team. She could always try and find a Ponyta like the red haired girl had. She'd had quite a bit of experience with Ponyta and Rapidash as a breeder and while they could be wild and unpredictable, they were also incredibly fun to work with. She'd also seen a Shinx as she and Rocky had entered into the route. They were an absolutely adorable and very energetic species from what she could remember. Although her one experience with a Luxray left her with a rather nasty shock.

She continued to go through all the different pokemon that she had seen, and became so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't notice her bag of poffins start to float up in the air. As a single sour poffin slowly made its way out of the bag, Maddie spotted the phenomenon occurring out the corner of her eye. Rather than freaking out and making a fuss like a sensible person would do she simply burst into a fit of giggles. The strange occurrence had caught her off guard, but it was one she had seen many times before.

"If you wanted one you could've just asked me."

In response, a small ghostly pokemon revealed itself to be the culprit of the poffin theft. It did a little twirl in the air before dropping the bag in Maddie's lap.

"Wow, a wild Misdreavus. It's been a while since I've seen one of you guys." Maddie pulled another sour poffin out of the bag and beckoned to the ghost pokemon. "Here you go little guy. I got a whole bunch of them, so I don't mind you taking a few."

The Misdreavus floated in towards the trainer with no hesitation and began eating the green poffin from her hand.

"You know, I was gonna go out and look for some pokemon to join my team, but you seem pretty friendly. Is there any chance that you'd like to come along on a journey with me? There'll be quite a few more poffins for you if you do."

The tiny pokemon didn't take any time in pondering the question as it nodded its head vigorously at the mention of more poffins. It nuzzled itself under Maddie's arm and nudged at the bag of poffins, asking for more.

Giggling as she did, Maddie happily opened up the bag and continued to feed the Misdreavus. "Glad to have you as a part of the team."

2200-Shiny-Misdreavus.png

Misdreavus was caught!
Nickname: Missy
Personality: Mischievous, but affectionate. Loves sour poffins.
Moveset: Astonish | Confuse Ray | Hex | Psybeam

Years

Felix

Felix wandered around the apartment, taking his time in the kitchen. It seemed to have every appliance a modern kitchen would ever need, and quite a few that it didn't need. He remembered how his mother would make food with little more than a sharp knife and a wooden bowl, and he'd never complained. But whoever owned the place had been nice enough to leave out a plate of muffins, which Felix had helped himself to. In fact, he'd taken the whole plate, and the plate itself. Surely they wouldn't notice, living in a place this extravagant?

Suplex walked beside him, earning a couple looks from other people looking at the apartment. Most wore looks of barely disguised disgust, but some were openly amused. Lex was a full inch taller than Felix, if you counted the horns, and the pair certainly stood out amongst the crowd. One older gentleman approached Felix as he was examining the hall closet.

"I say, young man, that is an interesting Pokemon at your side. I daresay I've never seen one around these parts. Are you from Kanto, perchance?"

Felix was surprised that he'd been approached so openly, but he was always happy to brag. "Johto, actually. I come from Mahogany, but my Pinsir here hails from Goldenrod. He took second place in a Bug type competition, you know."

"Oh, a Contest star, is he? No doubt a Tough competitor. Pity he didn't win, he is most remarkable. Why, seeing the two of you together reminds me of when I first started out. My first was a Machop, you see, and he was also a Contest star. He excelled in the Tough category, and he so enjoyed my homemade Poffins..."

The man was droning on, and Felix was starting to get bored. He wondered if the old man would notice if he slipped away...

"Oh, but listen to me prattle on! Ah... nostalgia... thank you for listening, young man. Here, have this Great Ball as a souvenir! And if you're interested, might I suggest Route 207, to the north? Perhaps you'll find a Machop there, like I did. Good day to you, and your Pinsir!" The gent tipped his hat and walked away, leaving Felix to examine his new treasure.

"Route 207, eh? What do you say, Lex? Care to check it out?" Suplex nodded, chittering in excitement. The sound made a nearby woman shudder in revulsion.

~~♤♤♤♤~~​

Felix lounged in the shade of a tree, watching the wind blow through the long grass. Suplex crawled along the trunk, chewing through the bark to get at the sweet sap. Felix idly chewed on one of the muffins he'd taken from the apartment. It was bright yellow, and made from a vaguely sour fruit, probably lemon. "You know, these are actually pretty good. Maybe I should go back and find that old man, ask him for the recipe. We could settle down, open a bakery, leave Team Galactic behind."

Suplex didn't answer him. He merely crawled off the trunk to sample the Poffin for himself. Felix shrugged and let him have the rest of it. "Yeah, you're right. That would get real boring after a month or so." He pulled the plate out of his bag, taking another yellow Poffin for himself. Before he could take a bite, though, something crashed into him, latching onto his face and knocking him off his feet. He shrieked in terror as whatever it was licked his face, its sharp teeth scraping across his nose.

Suplex charged in, grabbing the pink predator with his horns and tearing it off Felix. Felix scrambled to his feet, grabbing his cheek in pain. His hand came away wet from the saliva of the creature, which spread out its arms in a threatening display. "A Gligar?! What's it doing this far down the mountain?" Suplex put himself between Felix and the Gligar, nearly stepping on the dropped Poffin. Gligar hissed, licking its lips hungrily. "It wants the muffins? You hungry, little guy?"

Gligar looked at Felix as he grabbed the Poffin off the ground and tossed it to Gligar. It happily started eating, Felix felt a grin start spreading across his face. "Vital Throw!" Suplex charged in, grabbing Gligar and suplexing it into the dirt. It popped back up, shaking off the attack. "Vice Grip!" Felix ordered, but Gligar was faster, swooping in and stabbing Lex in the torso with its stinger tail. Lex toughed it out, grabbing Gligar and tossing it aside.

Gligar managed to recover, hovering above Suplex and Felix for a moment before diving toward Felix, just as he threw the Great Ball. The ball hit home, sucking Gligar inside and dropping to the ground. The ball shook once, then again, then a third time before the light faded and Gligar was captured.

"Alright! I am an awesome trainer! Either that or he's just following me because I fed him. If it's the latter, that's hilarious!"

192px-207Gligar.png

Nickname: Stingwing ("Sting" for short)

Personality: Impish, extremely affectionate and loves to eat.

Moveset:
  • Poison Tail
  • Sand Attack
  • Feint Attack
  • Quick Attack
  • Fury Cutter
  • Acrobatics

Jay

Years
Jackson_Crane.png

BETWEEN A ROARK AND A HARD PLACE
Current Location : Oreburgh City

"No way a wimp like you is facing Roark! Now Geodude, use rock throw!" The youngster whom had challenged Jackson as he entered through the door was persistent, but overall unimaginative in the way he fought. His first geodude had already gone down and it didn't look like candidate number two was going to give Gaspar any more trouble than the first.

Jackson pointed to the moving shadow of the rock as it flew through the air and Gaspar easily hopped through it and out the other side without losing any momentum, completely nullifying the effect of the attack. "Alright Gaspar! Hypnosis!" Stretching his eyes physically with his own hands, Gaspar transformed the red beamers into two swirling pools of darkness, just as the geodude peered inside. In an instance the floating rock fell to the ground with loud snoring that echoed throughout the gym.

"N-No way! C'mon Geodude! Get up! What is this?" The kid cried out in frustration but no pokémon could just 'get up' when Gaspar put them under. This battle was as good as finished.

"Gaspar, we're finished here! Let's go for the two point spike! Shadow Punch!"

Cackling maniacally Gaspar swooped forward and gripped the geodude between his hands, carrying the form towards the top of the gym with an insane glint in his eye. Once mere feet beneath roof Gaspar tossed the spherical pokémon above him, rose up even further and smashed into the sleeping pokémons face with a powerful shadow punch. Like a comet the rock type flew downward and collided with one of the small boulders on the field below, shattering the larger rock and finishing the battle off with a decisive KO.

The kid ran towards the geodude to check the damage, before pulling at his hair upon realizing that his two pokémon had been defeated with barely a hit made upon the opposing Gengar. "Alright... damn, you're pretty good y'know? First challenger we've had in a while to incorporate the environment so well."

Jackson scratched his nose a little and looked to the side as Gaspar floated over and remerged with his trainers shadow. He wasn't used to being complimented and he had to admit, it felt pretty nice. "Ahh, whatever... it wasn't anythin' special."

"Ahh but it was."

An older more mature voice sounded from the other side of the room... and a man with long brown locks and a red hard hat stepped onto the field. He looked a little dirtier and more rugged than the rest, probably from working in the nearby mines. He had white gloves on and two poké balls strapped to his belt. Aside from that he looked every part the typical miner, although Jackson knew better.

This man had been there when Maylene was entrusted the Veilstone gym a handful of years ago. Jackson always held a bit of bitterness towards the league for appointing her. Veilstone was a dangerous place, it needed a strong and just leader to keep it in line, not some kid.

"Roark I'm guessin'." Jackson said, as he took out a cigarette and reached for his lighter.

"That I am... and I'd suggest not doing that my friend. Coal dust is everywhere in here... it's dangerous to start fires, we tend to hold gym battles against fire types out back for that reason."

Raising an eyebrow, Jackson slipped the lighter and cigarette back into their appropriate patches. "I've dealt with junior here... have I earned the right to fight you yet?"

Roark chuckled and gave a coy grin. "I don't know... have you?" To which Jackson growled and scowled. "I'd hope so... never was a patient man."

"Then let's not wait any longer! Joey, please take the adjudicators seat for this battle, let us see what this trainer is capable of."

"Let the official gym battle between Jackson Crane and Leader Roark.... Begin!"

With that Roark reached for a pokéball on his belt and tossed it forward, in a flash of blinding light a massive snake of rock appeared. It's impressive form and length lead to it wrapping tightly around many stones, crushing boulders in its embrace in a show of power. Jackson looked on in awe for a few seconds. Gym leaders really were next level huh? He felt himself hesitate, freezing for a moment in the face of a more powerful foe. However, he and Gaspar had gotten this far together, they had become stronger than anyone they had fought thus far. This wasn't going to be any different. They'd win this, together.

For Mal.

"Gaspar... let's go buddy." Jackson's shadow flare with excitement and seemed to release a wave of darkness that spread towards the center point of the battlefield before eventually reforming into a solid shape. A grinning Gengar that was practically buzzing with anticipation.

Jackson glanced at the shining stone embedded in his glove, before hiding it with a clench of his fist. He wouldn't use it unless he absolutely had to.

"Onix... use Slam!" Roark called out aggressively swiping his hand through the air, his pokémon followed suit by thrashing his tail towards Gaspar in a similar motion. Jackson said nothing, he had seen moves like this done in haste towards Gaspar before, they never worked and he didn't seem them working now either.

As expected the tail passed right through Gaspar without a scratch. The ghost rolled around in the air cackling and giggling, holding his stomach at the Onix's expense.

"Damn..." Roark groaned. "I suppose I should have seen that coming... we don't get many ghost types in these parts, especially not ones like that."

"Well then it might be best if you wised up eh? Gaspar, teach him a lesson with a shadow ball!" Gaspar cackled wildly in response to the command, spinning around in place and lobbing the shadow ball like a shot put towards the Onix's head. It swerved desperately out of the way, but couldn't move fast enough to dodge the powerful blast of spectral energy. Falling onto its back, the Onix hefted itself back up right using its tail and a nearby boulder, opening its maw wide it prepared for another attack and Roark called it out a moment later. It took a good trainer to be so in sync with their pokémon. "Dragonbreath!"

Gaspar, put off by the delay in Roark's voice, found himself bomboarded by a powerful barage of blue and red energy. He stumbled backwards, flipping through the air, before straightening and strafing back and forth over the arena. Jackson examined everything he could see, many of the boulders were crushed, though quite a few still stood, covering the ground with shadows from the overhead lighting. Perfect for Gaspar to use to his advantage.

"Gaspar, vanish now!" Without a second though, Gaspar fled into the cover of one of the boulders darkness and began flicking from shadow to shadow, a dark blur blending in with the dark patched all around. Roark frowned and Onix looked around aggressively, trying to pinpoint their opponents location.

"Hmm... that's it!" Onix, use slam to swing your tail around! Destroy all the boulders and remove any shadows!" In an instant the Onix obliged and with a single swipe all the large boulder were eviscerated, rendering the battlefield without any darkness to hide in.

Yet Gaspar was still nowhere to be found.

"What?!" Roark cried in dismay, but Jackson's only reply was a confident smirk. "What? You thought it'd be that easy? 'fraid not. Alright Gaspar! Hit 'em now now with another Shadow Ball!"

Rising up from the Onix's own shadow, Gaspar darted quickly behind the large rock snakes head, as the massive mon tried to react... but it was too late. The orb of dark energy collided with the enemy right between the eyes and the Onix flew backwards, sliding across the now barren field... defeated and KO'd. Roark grimaced as he returned his pokémon to the ball and swapped it for the other on his belt. Gaspar bounded across the field jovially and stood triumphantly in front of Jackson, ready for the next challenge.

"I'll admit, that was impressive... but something tells me your bag of tricks is soon to run dry."

"Well buddy, when I reach in and nothin' comes out? I'll call ya."

With a flick of his wrist Roark threw the second ball outwards and bursting forth from the white light came a rather impressive looking pokémon, draped in blue armor and white spikes... as well as a skull that looked like it could crush bones like meringue.

"Don't think we'll fall for the same trick twice, understood Mr. Crane?"

Jackson grinned at the idle taunt and pumped his fist. "Wouldn't dream of it gravel guy, now put your poke where your porker is and get ready to lose, capiche?"

"Zen Headbutt!" "Shadow Ball!"

The battle raged on for what was presumably another half hour. Gaspar was on his last legs, floating weakly in the air, the opposing Rampardos let out a sigh of exhaustion before bolstering itself for more combat.

Jackson furrowed his brow, there was no way Gaspar was going to make it through this alone. They had vastly underestimated the type coverage their opponents displayed. That Zen headbutt seemed to channel psychic energy, something Gaspar was susceptible to. Roark was also holding something back, the glint in his eye... the smirk on his lips despite the supposedly equal situation. Judging from what Rampardos had been doing for most of the fight his skull was his greatest weapon... did he have a cranial based coup des gras all lined up and ready to go?

"Alright Rampardos! Let's finish this! Get ready!"

At those words the Rampardos hunkered down and raked its feet across the ground, its skull aiming straight for Gaspar, the blue cap glowed with a bright white light and the blue fossil pokémon charged forth with incredible speed. Gaspar floated idly, gritting his teeth in a permanent smile, too tired to move fast enough to dodge. Jackson had to think... and he had to think fast. With a slight panic in his expression he examined his environment, the weight and height of his opponent... searching for the opportunity he needed. He thought long and hard about all the options available to him.

And he found his answer.

"Gaspar... don't move!" The ghost type looked back questioningly but followed orders as Roark laughed confidently.

"Sorry Jackson, but this isn't like that slam attack! You won't be phasing through this one!"

With that, Rampardos was upon Gaspar, meters from the ghost type. The Gengar winced and braced for impact, but not before hearing Jackson cry out.

"Gaspar, return! Teddy! Get out here!"

In a quick double hand movement Rampardos found his target to be recalled to a pokéball by red light and then, in a flash of white, was unable to react to the small and confused bear standing at his feet.

Rampardos couldn't react in time and his foot collided with Teddy hard, but it was by far the full force of the attack. "Uuursssaaaaaa!" Teddy cried as he slid across the battlefield in a confused tumble. Rampardos tried to cry, but his own momentum was too much for him to find the time. Stumbling forward his skull crashed into the arena floor hard, sending chunks of stone flying left right and center and spewing out a cloud of dust. As the smog cleared, Rampardos sat limps, his head half buried.

After a few moments, Roark started to slowly clap and laugh with great glee. "Fantastic! That was an incredible finish! Joey if you would?"

"E-eh?! Of course, sir! I declare the winner of this battle to be... Jackson Crane!"

Jackson stood there, a look of disbelief plastered on his face as Teddy waddled forward and hugged his leg sadly, whining over his injury. "W-wait... I... I won?!"

The mid-day sun sat proudly in the sky as Roark and Jackson shook hands outside the gym. Inside his vest Jackson felt the cold sheen of a gym badge press against his shirt.

"That was something else Mr. Crane, I've got to hand it to you... the way you defeated me was interesting to say the least, but effectiveness is often more important than method. That's something even gym leaders tend to forget." Roark beamed as he released the handshake and tapped the shoulder of a clearly overwhelmed Jackson, haunting his shadow with a cheeky grin, gaspar chuckled and Teddy sat happily on his trainers shoulders, grasping the sides of Jackson's head for support.

"Aww, it was nothin' Mr. Roark, I just like to think outside the box y'know?" He scratched the back of his head idly with a grin. "Though I gotta admit it to ya... been a while since I've felt this proud over anythin'."

"And good reason you have to be! It's never too late to start the gym challenge and with that first pin? You're on your way to being a trainer people talk about. I expect to hear great things! Actually..." Roark reached into his pocket and produced a shining disk with a slight grey tint to it. "It's a TM! Technical Machine, that is, I didn't get to use it this battle but it contains stealth rock... a move I think will suit your battle style very well if you can find a pokémon to use it."

Jackson stared wide eyed at the device in his hand and turned to Roark to hand it back, finding that the man was already walking into the gym. "W-wait... aren't these things hella expensive?! I can't-"

Roark grinned and waved his hand dismissively. "Ahh I gotta bunch of em, don't fret over it! just put it to good use..." He pushed the doors open and looked back one last time with a grin beneath that dirty red hard hat.

"Good luck Mr. Crane... and don't give up on your dreams... got it?"

With that, Roark was gone, passed through the double doors and shutting them behind him. Jackson opened his vest and stared at the shimmering brown badge attached to the inside.

Gaspar soared up from the shadow beneath and stared at it too, appreciating his reflection in the shine. Teddy seemed uninterested as he rested his head upon Jackson and closed his eyes to rest.

"Huh... y'know... maybe Gym Leaders aren't so bad after all."

Gengar_footer.png

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

rotulona-hand.ffp.png
rotulona-hand.ffp.png

After almost a quarter mile into the dark cave illuminated only by the screen from her phone, Lucy realized she wasn't getting anywhere and hesitated to go further. Looking behind her, the light at the end of the tunnel was nearly impossible to see. She felt a presence ahead of her.... and it wasn't friendly.
"Do you feel it too, Medi?" Medi nodded, though Lucy couldn't see. "We should go back."

However, seized by a sudden burst of curiosity, Lucy activated the flashlight function on her phone and shone it into the tunnel. However, she didn't see the rest of the tunnel... What she saw was an Onix, blocking her way. A very pissed off looking Onix.

"Oh.... Oh my..." It glared, obviously very unhappy at the light of Lucy's screen flooding into its eyes. Almost dropping her phone, Lucy tried to take a step back, but it felt as if her feet were sinking into the ground. She had never seen an Onix in the flesh, let alone a Pokemon this massive. Medicine took a fighting stance, ready to defend his trainer if the Onix decided to attack.

And that it did. Onix let out an angry roar, and Lucy's hair was blown back by the impact of the creature's voice.
"This one's not friendly. Medi, it's time to battle!" Attempting to crush the girl and the Beedrill, Onix swung it's head down, Lucy narrowly jumping out of the way and Medi dodging and positioning himself above the beast.

"We're pretty ill-equipped against rock types... But we still have that!" Medi, use drill run!"
Medicine's drills began spinning furiously. Diving underneath Onix's head, he used all the might he had to overturn the snake onto it's back.

"Once more, Medi! It's vulnerable now!" Even Onix's hard skin couldn't easily withstand a drill run to the underbelly. It cried out in pain. In a last effort to attack Medi, it swung it's tail around and slammed him into the wall.

"Medi, watch out!" Lucy cried as Onix withdrew it's tail for another beating. Drills still spinning, Medicine shielded himself from the impact with his forearms.
"That's it! Medi, he's still down, so try to land a poison jab right between his eyes!" Prying himself from the wall that Onix had smashed him into, Medicine dove stinger first into the Onix's face, almost barely piercing Onix's skin, but just enough to plant some of his poison. At this point, Onix was beginning to give up. It was dead tired. It was clear to Lucy that this Onix hadn't battled much before. She wiped sweat from her brow.

"Phew... Are you done now, Onix?" Onix looked defiantly at her, as if it wanted to keep fighting. It gathered what resolve it had left and lifted up it's head, and growled lowly at Lucy, before falling to the ground once more. Lucy let out a sigh.

"Medicine, let's go." Lucy turned around to advanced back towards the entrance, but Medicine wasn't coming.

"Medi...?" Medicine appeared to be... conversing with the fallen Onix.

"What's going on here?" Lucy carefully went to Onix's side. It was very clearly making eye contact with her.

"What... don't tell me... You want to come with me?" Onix blinked slowly, as if saying yes. Lucy exhaled sharply.

"Well... This is a first. Medicine, what do you think?" Medicine was hesitant. He had been Lucy's only Pokemon his whole life. While he wasn't too crazy about the idea of having a partner Pokemon, this Onix seemed pretty adamant about leaving the cave. Lucy sat down next to the Onix and placed a hand on it's head.

"You know... why not? My life is changing in many ways... And being a part of Team Galactic, I'm sure to face many hardships... So why not have more allies?"
Lucy took a Poke ball from her bag.

"Onix... You're mine!" Throwing the ball with conviction, the tunnel was illuminated by a red light which seemed to swallow Onix whole. Lucy picked up the ball and looked at it for awhile. She was overtaken with a strange emotion. She had never actually caught a Pokemon herself before.

"...I'll take care of you." She smiled, putting the ball in her bag, and turned towards the entrance.

"Come on, Medi. I'm sure there's nothing else important down here. Let's go back and take our new friend to a Pokemon center. And besides... We've spent a fair amount of time in here. We have to make sure we're not late for our mission." Medi nodded, and happily buzzed after his trainer, as they made their way back to the surface.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023

ODETTE RADIUJU
_→ Oreburgh City outskirts

gardevoir-mega.png
Grace
N: Modest
Moveset
FIRST STEPS​
Odette sighed as she closed the device in her hand when the message finished playing. Honestly, who had the bright idea of giving them a Holo Caster of all devices to transmit these messages? Everyone around them could see the holograms they projected, so to be communicating top-secret plans of breaking and entering through these seemed to be a bit... counterproductive. She made a mental note to always go somewhere private before opening the messages in the future.

After returning the device to her bag, she resumed her step along the streets of Oreburgh. Luckily for her, the sky was overcast, so there was no particular worry her sunscreen wouldn't cut it today... but nonetheless, she preferred to return inside somewhere. While the great outdoors didn't scare her per se, they still made her a bit uncomfortable. At least she was within city limits. And she had some time to kill. Tonight's mission would be at the museum, so it seemed best to go there for some reconnaissance.

Upon reaching the museum, she was greeted by a young receptionist to let her in.

''Welcome to the Oreburgh Mining Museum! Admission will be P500."

Odette quietly handed her the money, but as she did, she nonchalantly leaned over the desk to whisper to the receptionist.

"Excuse me. Do you happen to know anything about the rumoured fossil auctions that take place here?" She was never one for subtleties. The only way to get the best information is to head right into the lair of the beast.

The receptionist looked up at her in confusion however. "Err, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

Playing dumb, huh. Odette bit her lip for a second before deciding to up the ante. "Oh, that's a shame. You see, I am a representative of a certain Mr. Radiuju you may have heard of... and he is very interested in adding one or more precious fossils to his collection. At a fair price, of course." She idly looked around to play with her hair for a moment, but made sure her eyes directly met the receptionist's again after.

Unfortunately, she didn't budge. "I see... well, Mr. Radiuju may rest assured that our fossils will remain safely in their display cases, but he is free to come visit them in the museum any time!" The young woman smiled and handed Odette her ticket. "Now, enjoy your visit!"

Odette's expression must have been one of chagrin, but as soon as she realised, she returned it to as best a smile she could manage, before turning away and heading inside.

Once there, she encountered a rather large tour group of school children being
led around the museum. They marveled at the display cases full of fossils, gems and even evolutionary stones, until stopping before a large case that contained a display of many layers of rocks, sand and other materials, meant to showcase the many layers of the earth's shell. Odette thought to listen to the guide's explanation, but considering she remembered it clearly from her geography lessons at home, she decided it better to focus her attention on more pressing matters.

Obviously she wouldn't find clues to those in the public area, though. Odette set out in her tour of the museum to get a good grasp of the building's layout, possible hiding places and potential theft targets. Still, real information as to what was going on here was hard to come by. Eventually she left the building, giving the receptionist she encountered before another wry smile.

Looking around, clearly there needed to be a place separate of the museum where the shady business was going on. She walked around back, taking care to stay out of sight of any security. Obviously one of these buildings affiliated with the museum and research lab had to be the source... but one thing clear was that all buildings required keycards to enter. Odette scoured around for another way, a window perhaps, but none were around that she could reach... until she noticed a small window on the second floor of a building that'd been left ajar. She looked around to see if there was anything she could climb onto, but nothing in the area seemed movable, and she wasn't exactly resourceful enough to create a passageway for herself somehow. Odette sighed, as it seemed this was all the snooping she could get up to for the time being. She'd already devised a plan to deal with that window, though. Leaving the premises, Odette made for the outskirts of Oreburgh... on to Route 207.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Commander Jupiter
435.png

B-But Daddy... why are you leaving me here alone...?

Shut up, freak! You're no daughter of mine! It was because of you... mom's not here anymore..."

Daddy... I'm sorry... please...

Just stay away from me!

Daddy... no... no...

__________________________________________​

Jupiter always woke up to that same dream. A dream filled with loneliness, and despair. She stared uncomfortably upon Oreburgh City's buildings... the city she was born in. And was abandoned. Coming here just rose the bile up to her throat. She glanced back towards her lesser conspirators. "Leave me be," she said in a softer tone. "We'll meet up back later. I just need to be alone for a while." She then trailed off by herself, leaving the grunts to go off on their own.

She strolled upon the street, feeling lower by the minute. She passed by child after child with their families, spending the evening with each other. And she hated the sight; the sight of happiness, and togetherness. The only friend she ever had was her Skuntank, a pokemon she raised ever since she was a little girl. Skuntank seemed to be the only companion Jupiter ever cared about, as she always despised human activity. Which was why, she decided to change it with Team Galactic.

She eventually came to a familiar sight, the old house she used to live under. She spat to the ground even just glancing at it; it truly disgusted her, with all the household memories it brought. She decided to move on, not giving it a second glance.

Eventually she came across the famous work site of Oreburgh, where all the workers and their pokemon were helping each other moving soil, and some construction around. It was the only highlight of her focus until she saw a somewhat petite individual, seemingly coming her way out of the old Oreburgh Mine. Blond hair, and a Beedrill... She looked familiar, Jupiter only thought at the time.

"Hey..." Jupiter called out to her. "You're one of those trainers, aren't y--" She then suddenly stopped, seemingly... in a daze. Her face then turned all red, and her heart beating faster as she muffled herself with her indigo scarf.

"You've GOT to be joking..." she retorted. "Your eyes are..."​

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

Lucy Applefield
Spoiler:

Emerging from the cave, her skin speckled with a thin layer of dirt, Lucy found the sunlight outside to be quite painful on her eyes. She stumbled a bit, holding onto Medicine for support. She noticed the sun had slightly descended towards earth.

"Huh. I guess we were in there for a while!" She looked her phone to see that three hours had passed. "First things first, let's take Onix to the Pokemon center. After awhile... we'll decide on a name for the big boy." She smiled down at the Pokeball in her bag.

Once she had gathered her bearings, she made her way back into town. However... Someone familiar was standing in the middle of the path.

"Hmm?" Lucy rubbed her eyes. "Is that... Jupiter? What's she doing here? It's pretty early...."

Lucy was rather wary of Jupiter, as she was with anyone older than her. Cautiously approaching her, she saw that Jupiter did not have the confident and rude demeanor she usually had. She narrowed her eyes cautiously. Was Jupiter... blushing? What the heck?

"Uhh... Jupiter... Hello." Lucy said, tensely. She was rather uncomfortable, but Jupiter WAS her boss, so she did her best to loosen up."Did you come to me or check on me or something? If you're asking for a progress report, I'm afraid I haven't found anything relevant to your interests."

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years

Scott Plaskett - Pokemon Catching for Dummies
181-mega.png

So that was all he had to do? Catch a Pokemon? Roark made it sound so easy... but that kind of requires Poke Balls, right?

Wait... he realized to himself. I got some, right? From Jasper - no, Jerry - no, wait, Jenkins - ehh, whatever. Might as well use some.

So Scott found himself sitting at Route 207, waiting for a Pokemon to pass by. They seemed to be avoiding the path, but that made sense. After all, he doubted that they wanted to be caught. Or maybe they just found the path dangerous in general. Either way, Scott eventually realized that the wild Pokemon weren't going to come to him; he would have to find them himself.

After releasing Ampharos, Scott began to wander away from the path, where he assumed the wild Pokemon would be living. As he kept his eyes ahead, he didn't notice the Shinx right at his feet, so he almost stepped on it by accident and was met by a fearful squeak and very fast fleeing. Still though, he hadn't entirely seen what Pokemon that was, so he didn't mind it too much.

He continued to be oblivious to the Pokemon around him, as he proceeded to not notice a Misdreavus floating behind him. The first Pokemon Scott caught a good glimpse of was a Phanpy, which seemed to just be playing around in the grass. Scott immediately tossed a Poke Ball, unaware of how to properly use them. After all, he had never caught a Pokemon before.

It hit the young Pokemon on the back, sucking it in. Scott felt proud for a second, but just a few moments later it broke free, leaving the Poke Ball in pieces as it went back to it's little game. Ampharos gave Scott a little nudge, as if trying to tell him something.

"Oh, uhh, okay, Ampharos, you want to battle?" Scott responded, sighing. "Well, I wanted to catch this thing, but... okay. Use Thunder Punch." Scott's Pokemon struct the Phanpy hard with it's paw. But just like last time, the Pokemon was unfazed by the attack and continued rolling around.

"Oh? You must be a Ground-type then? Aren't those pretty good against that idiot's Rock-types? So... then, Ampharos, try Power Gem!" Following Scott's command, sparks of light formed all around Ampharos, and as they came together to form a crystal, they flew towards the Phanpy. He still wasn't paying attention, but for once, Ampharos landed an attack and sent the wild Pokemon tumbling backwards. It struggled to hop back up on it's feet.

"Maybe now we can try to catch it?" Scott said to nobody in particular, clutching another Poke Ball in his hand. He tossed it and it hit the Phanpy before it could get up, bringing it inside the capsule.

Shake.

Shake.

Shake.

Click.

"Did it work?"

231.png

Personality: Very social and friendly, but more interested in playing than battling.

Moves:
  • Endure
  • Slam
  • Natural Gift
  • Bulldoze
  • Growl
  • Rollout

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023

ODETTE RADIUJU
_→ Route 207 entrance

gardevoir-mega.png
Grace
N: Modest
Moveset
TAKING FLIGHT​
Once the girl reached the outskirts of town, a strange feeling of unease came over her. Until recently she'd never actually been outside of town limits by herself, and the thought of wild Pokémon jumping her at any time from the tall grass in reality was more than a little frightening to her. Still, she knew wild ones should be much less strong than those under the command of trainers... and all those hours of practice with her dear Grace had to be good for something. Now, the first order of business was to scour the fields, preferably for something small that could climb or fly, and put these Pokéballs she received to good use.

Apparently the field was filled with trainers who had similar ideals; along the way she'd seen a trainer frantically chasing down a little Teddiursa, in the distance one was seemingly speaking to a fiery Ponyta... and closer by another was battling a purplish bat. Perfect. She needed to find herself one of those.

... Now, how to go about that exactly?

Odette had never had to catch a Pokémon of her own before. She knew how, you'd just throw a Pokéball at a (preferably weakened) wild Pokémon, and it'd shake a couple times and stay inside. It sounded simple enough. So, she took Grace's Pokéball out of her bag, ready to throw at any second, stepped into the tall grass, and...!

Nothing happened. What? Weren't Pokémon supposed to jump at you when you walked into the grass? It was what she'd always been told. She squatted down, trying to peek between the blades, searching for any Pokémon hiding between them. But there was nothing. Huh?! How did all those trainers around her find theirs? Odette looked around in confusion and kicked her foot forward, causing some grass to fly into the air.

After a bit of walking around, still lacking any meaningful encounters - she'd seen some smaller critters rustling in the bushes, but most fled when she even stepped towards them - Odette was fed up. She sighed and sat down against the rock wall that closed off the route to the northeast, and took out one of the croissants she'd brought for lunch. All the other trainers had either left the route or went out of sight, too. Luckily for her. She was about done being embarrassed in front of the others for apparently being completely incapable of even approaching Pokémon without them running off. Was she that intimidating?

Perhaps it was her own fault... whenever she saw one, Odette herself tensed up badly as well, still afraid of them jumping her without her own Pokémon out. She took off another bite from her bread and decided to finally call out Grace as well. The Gardevoir emerging from the Pokéball gracefully shook off the sparkles emerging from her shiny form, before turning to her trainer.

"Are you hungry?" the latter asked, digging in her bag for her Poffin case. Grace chirped happily in response. Odette finally relaxed a little, glad to have Grace out for her protection, and opened up the Poffin case to check out her collec---

"Eek!"

Odette let out a cry as the entire box of Poffins was suddenly ripped out of her hands. A flying purple flash landed just a few meters further, clutching on to the Poffin case it'd snagged with its back turned. Then it clumsily threw up a poffin into the air, having to turn around and run to catch it in its mouth... and was left standing eye to eye with Odette and her Pokémon.

Its eyes went wide, and it quickly swallowed the poffin before embarrassedly scratching the back of its head. "Gli... Gligar!"

"What do you think you're doing! Give that back!" Odette shot out of her seat and walked towards the Gligar, but the little Pokémon had already set its sights onto something else. It ran over to stand in front of Grace, before bending its knee before her and graciously offering her one of his stolen wares. The Gardevoir watched in confusion, and looked to her trainer for how to respond. Odette was about fed up, however...

"Grace, use Psychic!"

Grace closed her eyes with a look almost like pity for her opponent, but they shone with a bright cyan as she opened them, and the Gligar was picked up by her power before being slammed into the rock wall. The crash was loud, but the Gligar was surprisingly unfazed, and picked up one of the Poffins from the box it'd dropped, to once again offer it to Grace.

"Use Magical Leaf!" her trainer retorted. By shouting the command, Odette suddenly realised she did it. They encountered a wild Pokémon and managed to battle it too! ... If rather one-sidedly. Grace spread her arms and called forth an array of psychically controlled leaves, that flew to strike the Gligar. The scorpion Pokémon quickly spread its wings however, and soared above the attack, and flew back around to circle around Grace once, only to be caught by the leaves returning. Gligar was struck in mid-air, and fell to the ground... but still managed to catch the Poffin it'd been carrying on the spike on its tail.

"Alright, finish it with a Draining Kiss!"

Grace carefully bowed forward over the Gligar, in case it would spring up, and softly kissed the Pokémon's head, and both lit up with a slight glow as Grace absorbed the other's energy. Odette quickly grabbed an empty Pokéball, assuming it to be weakened enough. But strangely, if anything, it seemed Grace's kiss had filled Gligar with vigor. It sat up, and soared towards the Gardevoir, clinging to her arm as if to return her affection. Unfortunately for it that was a bad idea... Grace's eyes immediately glowed to release another powerful Psychic attack, knocking the Ground-type into the rock wall once more, from which it comically slid down into the grass. Odette released a knowing sigh, and walked over to throw her Pokéball onto the exhausted Gligar, and three shakes later her first Pokémon was caught.

gligar.png

Gligar was caught!
Nature: Jolly, a clumsy showoff, easily falling for beautiful Pokémon
Moveset: Poison Sting, Harden, Knock Off, Fury Cutter, Feint Attack, Acrobatics

Back