• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

BluRose

blu rass
Years
  • so, um, hi!
    i know this likely doesn't mean much to you, but i really like what you've done here and i think it to be amazing. the sheer amount of things i've found immensely difficult to do that you've done here is astounding to me. it's really inspiring imo to see that so many things can be done--and you're not even done yet! i really look up to you and what you've done here <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    i tried with two pokemon firered roms (different ones) and it wont patch right? ): help ?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Any Pokemon holding an Oran Berry can change it into a Berry Juice, any Pokemon holding a Berry Juice can turn it into a Rare Candy. They all have that Shuckle characteristic.This, on the other hand, would definitely be a bug. I'll try to replicate it and figure out what the cause of it is.Everything except legendaries can be obtained with relative ease (some are harder than others, of course). The reason I say to pretend legendaries don't exist is that they can technically all be obtained by beating the E4, it will take a really long time to get them all, and if you make that a goal, you'll probably just end up frustrated. I didn't want them to feel "forced" (like how ORAS has those ten million Hoopa portals) so I simply didn't give them all overworld battles.Yeah, I can't sprite, and that was the only sprite I could find. There are a few other sprites that don't fit with MrDollSteak's thread's requirements like Mega Tyranitar and Mega Gyarados off the top of my head. They're mostly "placeholders," because without those sprites, they wouldn't be in the game at all.

I can help you a bit for sprite i mean i'm not a sprite artist but i eligible to help you find some sprites for mega poke's Or Try using this thread there are some sprite here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703 just message me :D

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    i tried with two pokemon firered roms (different ones) and it wont patch right? ): help ?

1) You need 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)
    2) You need NUPS (or) Tsukoyomi UPS Patcher
    3) Choose "ignore checksum" (if that is an option)
    4) Patch file.
    5) Open in VBA (or any other GBA emulator)
    6) Have fun

NOTE: Some GBA Emulators are VERY incomplete, such as mGBA and have a hard time recognizing "hacked" ROMs.

With that being said, make sure your SAVE options for the game is Flash 128K.

Spoiler:

If this doesn't help you, then I don't know what to tell you man.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Can you give us a list or map of what pokemon can spawn where? Thank you! Whichever is easier for you I can just move the data to the one that you don't have already,thanks! I'm really loving this rom,good job!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Other than the Tailwind freezing issue which was reported several times in the thread, the only other problem I've had so far is Quagsire's inability to learn Ice Punch via the TM from the Game Corner.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    I don't really have any bugs to report, But I do have a request...

NerfMistyPls.

Seriously. She is one of the hardest gym leaders. A lot of them are fairly challenging, but misty is just op as fuck. When nuzlocking the game, I'd lose to her, mainly because of her Water and ice type moves (Which in this point in the game, has hardly any counters too) I grinded and over leveled so much that it just made the rest of the game so much easier besides the gym leaders, i flew past the other trainers.

I'm not sure how likely it is that she'll get changed or what needs to be changed. I hope it gets changed, She's op. ;-;

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016

NerfMistyPls.

Seriously. She is one of the hardest gym leaders. A lot of them are fairly challenging, but misty is just op as fuck. When nuzlocking the game, I'd lose to her, mainly because of her Water and ice type moves (Which in this point in the game, has hardly any counters too) I grinded and over leveled so much that it just made the rest of the game so much easier besides the gym leaders, i flew past the other trainers.

I'm not sure how likely it is that she'll get changed or what needs to be changed. I hope it gets changed, She's op. ;-;

Just going to point out, you can capture a Bellsprout right before reaching her gym in the grass patch next to the town. All I had to do was get Bellsprout to level 18 and she was easy to beat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    um the trainers pokemon scale straight to my highest pokemon level upon rematching via vs seeker is this a feature and can i turn it off somehow?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    um the trainers pokemon scale straight to my highest pokemon level upon rematching via vs seeker is this a feature and can i turn it off somehow?

When you pause game go down to battle for a list of options and I think one of them is difficulty

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Just going to point out, you can capture a Bellsprout right before reaching her gym in the grass patch next to the town. All I had to do was get Bellsprout to level 18 and she was easy to beat.

you can't pick and choose in a nuzlocke bro.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022

Not sure if you read it completely, did I mention it was a nuzlocke? And also even if i get bellsprout to 18, it still gets 1 hit by icy wind starmie, and icicle spear shellder.

Edit: Does anyone know where to buy the evolutionary items? Like sun stone, 4th gen items. etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Thank you for clarifying all of this, keep up the good work, don't push yourself too hard, and thank you so much for one of the BEST hacks on here. Finally, a 721+ hack that is pretty much completed (save for a few minor things here and there).

I'm curious if you'll somehow be able to scrap this and say, I don't know, apply it to Emerald next or something. I mean, don't get me wrong, LCCoolJ95 already has one for Emerald, but it is so obnoxiously broken, it makes the game not as fun. From what I've seen so far, I mean... my god, it has built in Nuzlocke, built in EXP Sharing (like from Gen 6), difficulty booster, and more... like, my god... the only thing that is even close to being as exciting as this hack/patch is the "Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter" by Aethestode.

Once you two get your hacks 100% (for the most part) completed, I seriously doubt I'll play anything else (until someone ends up making a Gen I to VII hack, or something even more insane).

But yeah, thanks again, don't push yourself too hard, and I hope you have a great life!
    Thank you :)
    And it seems unlikely - it isn't "hard" to transfer over, but its tedious. At this point, I'd sooner copy/paste Hoenn maps into FireRed (not that I'd do that, just a way to describe how annoying porting everything would be).
    so, um, hi!
    i know this likely doesn't mean much to you, but i really like what you've done here and i think it to be amazing. the sheer amount of things i've found immensely difficult to do that you've done here is astounding to me. it's really inspiring imo to see that so many things can be done--and you're not even done yet! i really look up to you and what you've done here <3
    Ahh, I appreciate the kind words :) I'm happy that someone personally understands how much has been done below the surface level, even for things that aren't flashy!
    It looks like someguy.fromnevada answered this - I'm guessing you didn't click the "Ignore." Read the README.
    I can help you a bit for sprite i mean i'm not a sprite artist but i eligible to help you find some sprites for mega poke's Or Try using this thread there are some sprite here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703 just message me :D
    Yeah, I combed through PC and other sites looking. I'm aware of that thread, though that Metagross sprite in specific wasn't up at the time I was looking, so maybe its time to look around again.
    Can anyone help me how to get a Protean Froakie?
    Hidden ability Kalos starters are one of the possible prizes for beating the E4. If your starter was Froakie, you can also get a Protean Greninja through a series of in game trades.
    Can you give us a list or map of what pokemon can spawn where? Thank you! Whichever is easier for you I can just move the data to the one that you don't have already,thanks! I'm really loving this rom,good job!
    Yes, I will be doing this. & thank you.
    Other than the Tailwind freezing issue which was reported several times in the thread, the only other problem I've had so far is Quagsire's inability to learn Ice Punch via the TM from the Game Corner.
    Fixed. It also didn't learn Scald & Focus Blast which has been fixed (for the next patch I upload).

NerfMistyPls.

Seriously. She is one of the hardest gym leaders. A lot of them are fairly challenging, but misty is just op as ****. When nuzlocking the game, I'd lose to her, mainly because of her Water and ice type moves (Which in this point in the game, has hardly any counters too) I grinded and over leveled so much that it just made the rest of the game so much easier besides the gym leaders, i flew past the other trainers.

Okay, sounds fair enough. Is there any specific Pokemon, or is it all of them? You mention ice moves, but interestingly, Azumarill is always the hardest for me, and its the one Pokemon that doesn't have an ice move. It has the issue of Play Rough, but I didn't know what else to do with that since I wanted it to have a Fairy move. There are a few options, and it could be a combination of them.
    Weaken their movesets.
    Get rid of their coverage.
    More availability specifically for electrics, since I think only Mareep is available at that moment in the game.
    Lower their levels.
    I'll ponder on that.
    Yeah, that's the default right now. In retrospect, it shouldn't be. I'll change it to not do the level match for beginner difficulty. Note that none of the (standard) trainer's have their lists changed in any way at the current moment.
    Not sure if you read it completely, did I mention it was a nuzlocke? And also even if i get bellsprout to 18, it still gets 1 hit by icy wind starmie, and icicle spear shellder.

Edit: Does anyone know where to buy the evolutionary items? Like sun stone, 4th gen items. etc.
    Stones: Celadon, Fuchsia. The other items are available in sevii marts.
    Though Spiky Shield cannot be spammed, weird things seem to happen if it knocks your opponent out. I've been able to reproduce it, but I haven't been able to get it to knock out more than one of a trainer's Pokémon in a row yet, so I'm not quite sure what happens then...

https://my(dot)mixtape(dot)moe/onzfpa(dot)webm
    Alright, I'll check on that. Thanks for the report.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2022
    Thank you :)
    And it seems unlikely - it isn't "hard" to transfer over, but its tedious. At this point, I'd sooner copy/paste Hoenn maps into FireRed (not that I'd do that, just a way to describe how annoying porting everything would be).Ahh, I appreciate the kind words :) I'm happy that someone personally understands how much has been done below the surface level, even for things that aren't flashy!It looks like someguy.fromnevada answered this - I'm guessing you didn't click the "Ignore." Read the README.Yeah, I combed through PC and other sites looking. I'm aware of that thread, though that Metagross sprite in specific wasn't up at the time I was looking, so maybe its time to look around again.Hidden ability Kalos starters are one of the possible prizes for beating the E4. If your starter was Froakie, you can also get a Protean Greninja through a series of in game trades.Yes, I will be doing this. & thank you.Fixed. It also didn't learn Scald & Focus Blast which has been fixed (for the next patch I upload).Okay, sounds fair enough. Is there any specific Pokemon, or is it all of them? You mention ice moves, but interestingly, Azumarill is always the hardest for me, and its the one Pokemon that doesn't have an ice move. It has the issue of Play Rough, but I didn't know what else to do with that since I wanted it to have a Fairy move. There are a few options, and it could be a combination of them.
    Weaken their movesets.
    Get rid of their coverage.
    More availability specifically for electrics, since I think only Mareep is available at that moment in the game.
    Lower their levels.
    I'll ponder on that.Yeah, that's the default right now. In retrospect, it shouldn't be. I'll change it to not do the level match for beginner difficulty. Note that none of the (standard) trainer's have their lists changed in any way at the current moment.Stones: Celadon, Fuchsia. The other items are available in sevii marts.Alright, I'll check on that. Thanks for the report.

I'd prefer the movesets to be changed, I understand that the game is suppose to be harder, however misty has a counter for everything in the game at this point. Water/ice, has REALLY, REALLY. Good coverage in the game, and for it to be exposed so.. early. makes it extremely difficult.

Edit: Where exactly does the game end? I finished the sevii island quest and caught certain legendaries. any tip on where to, or what to do now?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2020
    did you change the vs seeker bug in the patch yet? if not is their a way i can fix it myself before the next update?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Do you think you'll be able to fix the black screen gym glitch via next update? If uploading my save will help I'll gladly do it.

FlameShot

Infinite Flames
    Years
  • did you change the vs seeker bug in the patch yet? if not is their a way i can fix it myself before the next update?
    It's already fixed in the latest version :). Where can I find the Reveal Glass and the DNA Splicers? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I've created a list of locations for all Pokemon. I'll place the file in the next zip, but here it is for everyone:
    Spoiler:

Replies:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back