• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stardew Valley

Years
I see you playing this all the time, Ben :P

I have about 40 hours in Stardew. It's definitely not much compared to some people (looking at you, Juno), but I feel like I've put enough time in it to have fully enjoyed it. Once I did the majority of the things to do I didn't feel like I should keep going for the sake of playing more lol. There were still several things I had left to do, a few bundles and what not, but I felt content with my progress.

I actually don't know anything about the 1.1 update, so I'll definitely have to check that out. Maybe it'll give me an excuse to dive back in to my farm life, who knows.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I like it. It doesn't really come close to my lost love, Rune Factory, but it is a nice take on the HM concept.

I actually haven't talked about it much, but I suppose I didn't have the same investment with it as I've had with either RF or HM. And I didn't know why at first, but I think a lot of it comes from the characters. Unlike in RF and like, where mingling with the inhabitants of the town was my main priority and marriage was square in my mind early on, with Stardew I'd literally spend entire days farming and not even go into town. And it wasn't so much because I just really enjoyed farming, ironically that's always been secondary to me in these games.

Rather, it was because I wasn't really as attracted to them as I was in RF/HM. Part of it could be the art- I imagine saying that makes it seem like I'd jump for some mod with an anime aesthetic, but I actually went with...let's see...this one, I believe. Something that doesn't go too wild and change too much, since I felt the aesthetic fit but needed a few nudges. Other than that...I dunno, it's been a while, I couldn't accurately say. Half a year, just about. I've given a lot of thought to jumping back in. It's a game that I appreciate for what it does, so I can't much see any reason that I wouldn't want to like it. So we'll see.

Oh, and in regards to buying it, waiting isn't a problem for those of you who haven't made the jump. The update's pretty much assured to come with a sale, and I imagine in the coming months this game is going to be cheaper on several occasions. And considering this is Chucklefish, well...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
You can look at me too now, I've got about 300+ hours total! I've been playing this game like crazy. 8)
You've also had the game for a much shorter amount of time than I have and you've put in 100+ hours more than I have, lmao

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my farm from a while back! Not much has changed, though I'm sure I'll shuffle a few things around and add some new buildings with 1.1.
Spoiler:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I am so here for the hilltop layout! I haven't played in quite a while- my first playthrough was so messy that I wanted to start again, but I also wanted to wait for 1.1 for a restart. SOON THOUGH, I'm gonna be playing again. :D

Loriania

Mars Adept
Years
I got this game in Spring. There are alternate reality towns, the characters and farm names are the same, but there are little differences. In the first file, I am married to Elliott.

Years
Since you spam it all over the chats Ben I'm probably going to buy it soon. Was going to last night but my friend said she was waiting for sales so I might be stingy as heck and do that even though the next Black Friday's late November, and then Christmas sales in December.. seems like a while away. D: I'll be occupied with Sun & Moon by then lol. idkk I'll probably cave and buy it soon..

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I can't wait for the console version of this to come out. Should be by the end of this year, if not early next year.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I uh. I've played Stardew for 22 hours of the last 36. Whoops.

It's Fall 17 year 1. I'm constantly poor, am severely over-leveled in fishing, was taking on level 50 in the mines with a sword that only did max 8 damage cause I couldn't afford a better one, finished the aquarium with some help from travelling cart lady, missed out on the quality crops bundle because I forgot to save gold melons.... yeah. Oh and I have hilltop farm! It's so damn cute!

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I made a Steam account only for this game :3

I love it <3 As a big fan of Harvest Moon, it isn't surprise. I love 2D games :D
I can't do a lovely farm tho. But my focus isn't on this. Now, it's to marry Eliott :3

I don't have time to play any games lately, but I wish I could continue to play Stardew Valley :( I kinda took a pause to play Harvest Moon DS cute tho.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Stardew Valley is one of those games that I want to get into but just... can't. It's fun to make a character and do all sorts of cutesy farm stuff, but it just doesn't have much staying power for me.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i played 82 hours in ten days; i'm in year 3 and married shane all of his new content ripped my heart in half i love him so much that my fiancé was worried until i explained that shane is for all intents and purposes me

also community center is done all of my skills are at level 10 i have every building except the slime hutch (it sucks i dont want it) and the stable (maybe eventually). my main business is wine (which i keep away from my husband boy doesnt need that) and my farm has sixteen iridium sprinkled plots plus a full greenhouse and shed packed with kegs and a second one filling up. i have both catalogs and my house is fully expanded and beautiful. all of my tools are iridium. working on cooking everything in the game and finishing mr qi quest :D such a damn completionist yikes

also! i was so mad! i couldnt find a video of all shane cutscenes! so im going to make one myself. D:< and i was mad that there was like zero fan content feat. the new stuff but then... i realized that not many people have seen it all yet... it hasnt even been two weeks... yikes @ myself

Back