• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cannon Fodder - Your Favorite Video Game Enemies

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
bAeKAc7.jpg
"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and Tear, until it is done!"

We all play video games in one form or the other. We have encountered several enemy types, classes, races, and even ethnicities in the years we have played video games of all shapes, sizes, genres, and even price tags (from the F2P, to Asian stuff, to the AAA). In this thread, we nonchalantly and Not-awkwardly celebrate the enemy mooks that we have all loved and known. The very opponents that would either kick our asses or in a more favorable note, the opponents whom we overcome, defeat, spit at their face, and chew bubblegum at.

As seen in the picture above, video game enemies have come in all forms of shapes, sizes, ethnicies, and even appeal. We had demons, aliens, the undead, space orcs, Nazis, North Koreans, Cringy terrorists, the undead, mutants, and even video game enemies closer to home such as corrupt policemen, PMC mercenaries, street thugs, and racist neo nazi skinheads, all of whom deep down inside our power fantasies, we want to unmercifully dispose off to feel like a badass mother f**cker, and we always want to keep them coming! Video game developers of all shapes, sizes, statuses, and economical standings have used and employed these kinds of enemies for their video game.

These bad boys are the waves and armies of henchmen, thugs, hordes, and whatever that we have all encountered in our adventures. These enemies represent the advarsaries of the video games we are playing. Their presence in a video game can vary from whatever the video game developer(s) want, such as something as simple as "Shooting Demons in Mars = $$$", or "Setting a political message", or, "letting us live the power fantasy of the World Wars" or "making us feel empowered", or simply "Not giving a f**k lets put more DEMONS AND NAZIS!"

a1FF9Qd.jpg

BUOTJlV.jpg

Whenever we see these enemies, we always have that smiles on our faces. The eagerness, the feeling of "ass kicking time!" and "chewing princess bubblegum's bubblegum, if you all know what i mean". While we pump, cock, and ready our designated weapons and player abilities to face the incoming threats. They are the enemies that attempt to kick our asses only for them to be mercilessly destroyed by our rage, passion, and downright MLG/LCS skills.

pU3y6KV.png

Enemies in the video games we play represent the obstacle and adversaries we have to overcome in order to fulfill what we need to do in the fun and fictional video game world that we dwell ourselves into. They wield whatever they have in order to defeat us, but in the end, they serve as adversaries who unfortunately must be defeated.

So i ask all readers and fellow video gamers.. what kinds of enemies you really enjoy fighting? What are your favorite video game enemies, the very adversaries you enjoy fighting against? Are there particular kinds of video game enemies that you wish were used even more? Heck what are some kinds of video game enemies that you feel are overused and need to put to rest or at least be used in a much wiser context?

Discuss. And of course RIP AND TEAR! By posting in this thread, you forfeit your right to cry, eat any non-meat products as a source of protein, and watch movies where people kiss under the rain and sh*t, or be a complete pacifistic wuss that probably needs to be fisted.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
It's not so much a specific kind of enemy, but rather just the ones that are challenging really. The ones that give you a good fight and get your adrenaline flowing, but don't cross the line into obnoxious or just pull bullshit on you.

But other times it's the hordes of weak-ass mobs, cuz sometimes I just wanna paint the walls and floors with blood =D

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and Tear, until it is done!

oh yeah this is really interesting.

let's digest this pile of diarrehea shitr

what kinds of enemies you really enjoy fighting?

Zombies particularly, they are really slow and easy to kill with. But in COD and L4D2 these hoard of zombies are fast, merciless and deadly at times.

What are your favorite video game enemies, the very adversaries you enjoy fighting against?

I would say COD zombies, to be honest the head of the zombies are so easy to target, i always earn lot of points from head shots and get the initiative to unlock doors and weapons.

The other thing i really like is Counter Strike 1.6, believe or not if you aim your weapon to the head sometimes the blood just spread so wide and bloody hell. You really feel how OP the weapons are even the dirt cheap Pump Shotgun.

Are there particular kinds of video game enemies that you wish were used even more?

Though zombies are really fun to play, I really like to put some enemies that are really agile and hard to shoot or attack, just to make the game more challenging. ; )

Heck what are some kinds of video game enemies that you feel are overused and need to put to rest or at least be used in a much wiser context?

I do not really see any enemies are often used too many in games, please no sniper bot in game they are mofo aimbots

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
XnOw7lu.jpg

Alright thread... lets try igniting some discussions:

1) Why do you think we, and a lot of other players, enjoy fighting the likes of:

• A) Demons
  • B) Nazis
  • C) North Koreans
  • D) Columbian Drug lords
  • E) Space Orcs
  • F) Terrorists
  • G) Zombies
  • H) Russians
  • I) Spiders
  • J) Aliens
  • K) The "KKK"

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
XnOw7lu.jpg

Alright thread... lets try igniting some discussions:

[/LIST]

Since ima the 1st one to respond, time to knock your notify ring!

1) Why do you think we, and a lot of other players, enjoy fighting the likes of:

• A) Demons (ok cuz they are bad, we are good, isn't it fun to kill the bad guys?)

B) Nazis (cuz the history teaches us they are bad????? / WHERE"S STALIN )

C) North Koreans (wow this i can't comment because irl the soldiers sucks)

D) Columbian Drug lords (umm, in my memory this scenario happens in COD MW2 but err they are bad guysss)

E) Space Orcs (ugly)

F) Terrorists (CS 1.6 fuc yeah)

G) Zombies (cuz they are bloodyyyyfiiiiifullllllllll )

H) Russians ( HERE YA ARE THE RUSSIANS welp this i can't say much, because i rarely ecounter them

I) Spiders (wtf spiders, spiderman or not blame the hollywoods people )

J) Aliens ( ugly, and ugly andd still ugly armor suits are best to visual, mass effect *cough

K) The "KKK" <------------- WTF

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I would think it's just that most or all of those things are considered to be bad or evil or something, and people love playing the hero so....

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I suddenly had some fewd for thought on something which is totally related to this topic...

For some reason, Zombies, whether we like it or not, has become or maybe has been always the most common enemy type or race in almost every video game that involves action, combat, survival, horror, and of course even adventuring and platforming. And i think i know why...

Zombies -> There's almost nothing bad to use them as video game adversaries. They aren't demons which invoke Satanic or demonic imagery that triggers the overly religious, there aren't Nazis or North Koreans that are political and often become a subject to censorship, they aren't Terrorists which actually fall in the same line as being political or being subject to censorship, they aren't aliens because Aliens are just as common, and some people especially the galactic savvy are kinda sensitive to aliens' feelings. Zombies, especially humanoid ones do not resemble animals so the PETA doesn't get fckin triggered, and obviously even though zombies can come in the form of male and females, male zombies are far too common because female video game enemies are often the subject of criticism by the feminist media, and we all know how femmies are.

I dunno. I mean Robots and to some extent Cyborgs or humanoid Androids (Think Terminators) are just as "easy" to use as Zombies are but i guess the visual and visceral feedback of blowing a zombie's head off is much more satisfying to the typical consumer than smashing a crazed piece of machinery.

Mister Torgue

Banned
Years
I kinda remember some people trying to use "Lethal Holograms" as a means of creating some cannon fodder for players to blow up, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT HOLOGRAMS AINT F**KIN SH**T WHEN ITS MUCH MORE SATISFYING TO BLOW THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF DEMONS, COMMUNISTS, AND ESPECIALLY NAZIS, MORE MOTHER F***KIN LEGAL REASONS!

Also, regarding the use of Zombies, well they appeal to a really wide audience for some mother ***king legal reasons. They are also quite easy to animate, and like what was mentioned previously, SJWs and some other form of media cockblocktivists who probably spend much of their time watching movies where people kiss under the rain and sh*t won't really criticize, unless its zombies with breasts.

Anyway, I love it when video games present cannon fodder or enemy units as really memorable faceless or nameless characters. But obviously based from my own personal biases, Borderlands especially Borderlands 2 is a game where they get enemy units right! Enemies that have personality, at times so colorful that you may feel bad about killing them. UNLESS YOU USE EXPLOSIONS!

Yukari

I really love the Ironclad Soldiers in Dark Souls 2. They're really hard to take down, but that's what I love about them. It makes it feel really rewarding when you actually do defeat one. c: Plus, I just think they look really cool.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I kinda remember some people trying to use "Lethal Holograms" as a means of creating some cannon fodder for players to blow up, BUT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT HOLOGRAMS AINT F**KIN SH**T WHEN ITS MUCH MORE SATISFYING TO BLOW THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF DEMONS, COMMUNISTS, AND ESPECIALLY NAZIS, MORE MOTHER F***KIN LEGAL REASONS!

Were you trying to fire shots at John Romero's Blackroom kickstarter project for mother ***kin legal reasons? :)))))))

To be fair, the whole "lethal holograms" could work depending on how they've written the story for that future game.. then again, when you consider a John Romero + Adrian Carmack made game where its all about the old school shootin, do we all have to care about the damn story? Unless you're a 2000's born lad or even younger though ;)

Alright ladies and d**cks, I'm thinking of using another image as the splash image for the topic. I wanna know some suggestions. I think some users aren't feeling as relevant when they saw the splash image that i used (and personally made through MS Paint). Actually i like my splash image already. Deal with it! You already know what you were heading through the moment you wanted to participate in the discussion!

Years
Enemies with interesting or quirky designs are usually my favorites in games, regardless of their mechanics or difficulty. Murlocs in World of Warcraft are probably my favorite enemies tbh. They've become such a meme both in and out of the Warcraft community. Hearing their 'MRGLRGLRGLRGL' and watching them flail towards you is always entertaining.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
JjnX8QO.jpg

DEMONS

In answering my own question(s), perhaps one of my favorite enemy races or factions.. its no stranger to me that I love slaying Demons in all shapes and forms. Classic Doom was one of the first video games I have played as a child and i never knew until a few years ago that I was fighting demons from hell. HELL. Hell beasts? Hell demons? If my once overly religious auntie could see how i was killing demons for fun, she would not really mind. After all, killing evil demons and devils? I'm just doing god's work ;) Oh and Diablo also counts in the demonic bodycount.

Also why demons? Because demons can have a lot of interesting interpretations and designs. Not to mention, the gratification of beating these supposed supernatural horrors into a bloody mess is such a joy.

4aTJUYG.jpg

CHAOS MARINES

Yep. Chaos Marines. There's something about the whole Chaos Space Marine archetype that i simply love. They perfectly combine the aspects of military-esque, questionable morality, badass weaponry, and imposing appearances that simply make me enjoy fighting them in the Warhammer games, and I would love to see MORE CHAOS MARINES in more Warhammer video games.

Years
Spoiler:

My favorite enemies in games though, are probably enemies you can disassemble piece by piece, but still function. Like the Generation I and II Synths in Fallout 4, All the Robots in Binary Domain, the Androids in Aliens vs. Predator and Alien: Isolation, the Abductors in Freedom Wars, the Shinigami in GodsEater Burst, and the Necromorphs in Dead Space (Dead Space 3 was a mistake). Of course, beating the snot out of your opponent's armour and clothing is great fun too! Like the Soul Calibur games and the Senran Kagura series *boing* (sorry, couldn't resist). So anything that has materials flying apart that shows that you're making progress is good enough for me. That and destroying a robot's shooting arm destroyed only to have them charge you is great fun!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I just realized that my splash image has 4 stock enemies based out of Manhunt. LUL. Might modify my splash image to include more relevant monsters and chums.

e4m8_04_small.jpg

Also, i just realized as well that Pig Cops of Duke Nukem are a pun on.. obviously Pig cops in real life. Then again who doesn't love fightin and beating the snot out of corrupt police amirite? As the NWA or Ice Cube would say... "F**K tha Police!"

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
The splash image kinda intrigues me. Anyway, that's a nice collection in that beastiary.

Anyway, my favorite kinds of video game enemies are obviously the ones that remind us of real life horrors such as North Koreans because as non communist or non-totalitarian individuals (again depending on whatever the heck your political beliefs are), fighting and killing North Koreans just feels good am I right?

Same can be said with Terrorists, Gangsters, and Corrupt Policemen. Those are real life horrors that we so love to just stomp the crap out in our power fantasies.

And of course I never feel bad for any of these goons because even in real life I would voluntarily go into a vigilante killing spree against some of whatever the heck I mentioned.

Back