• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type:Null's evolution and speculation

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
Years
  • I think that type nulls evolution was just insane, though jangmo-o's final turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, i obviously liked it, but i just feel they could have done better. type null seems to be a pretty good pokemon, and according to the official thing, it evolves by trust and friendship, which i think is a huge hint at something. gladion uses it, and i think that the "evolution" is actually just a powerful forme change, because the action shown in the magazine looks a lot like showing the mega item-(example-bracelet)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It was consistently pronounced that way in the movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

Silvally is possibly my favourite Gen 7 'mon.

It's just most people that I heard saying it mostly Poketubers were not saying it with the K.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think that type nulls evolution was just insane, though jangmo-o's final turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, i obviously liked it, but i just feel they could have done better. type null seems to be a pretty good pokemon, and according to the official thing, it evolves by trust and friendship, which i think is a huge hint at something. gladion uses it, and i think that the "evolution" is actually just a powerful forme change, because the action shown in the magazine looks a lot like showing the mega item-(example-bracelet)
    I definitely think that, appearance-wise, Silvally looks way more like a form change than an evolution to Type:Null.

It's also interesting that you point out the "trust" requirement of its evolution, and that Gladion uses it. While Type:Null is a man-made Pokémon, it doesn't seem like one that would be commonly-made (like Porygon). So... how will the player obtain Type:Null? If Type:Null grows to trust Gladion to the point where it evolves, I'd feel awful taking it from him...

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    It was consistently pronounced that way in the movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life.

Silvally is possibly my favourite Gen 7 'mon.

Oh my goodness... I am kind of embarrassed...
    All these years I have been pronouncing it as Ar-see-us.
    I had to look it up and sure enough you are right. Guess I gotta start pronouncing it Ar-key-us from now on.

I'm still standing by what I said before, I think Type: Null is the cooler looking of the two. But altogether the two evolutions as a complete design are really cool and I'm looking forward to playing with it and finding out more about this pokemon family's lore.

I also suspect with the in your face relation to Arceus that this pokemon obviously has, I feel like Arceus must have some sort of important role within this game. I even suspect that Arceus maybe tied to the main plot considering we know that Gladion (a significant character to the plot) is going to be using Type: Null as his pokemon of choice.

I also have a suspicion that there might be some sort of story about Gladion becoming enraged and filled with resent in not being able to evolve his Type: Null (it may even border line on pokemon abuse) and during the story, Type: Null will choose to leave Gladion in favor of trusting the player, and that's how we will acquire Type: Null within the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Silvally may be closely related to arceus. I guess we all know what this means then. Diamond and Pearl remake confirmed!

All jokes aside, I really like Silvally's design. He looks badass

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • My only problem with it is the ears. Combined with the huge fin wing on its head, they're a bit much.

That said, I still love it and definitely want one named Noumu to fight Arceus with.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Both are really cool, I came up with a theory based on the trailer today:

"So after today's trailer, I'm convinced Gladion is the true rival.

-He's rematched throughout the entire game, start to finish it seems.

-His Silvda in the Japanese trailer has a fire memory. It's possible he uses one to beat your starter. The scyther was just stand in for rowlett's final form.

-Seems important to the story.

-He gets a Silvda. No if we look at the description, we can see Silva is all about bonds. It says that you it won't evolve if it doesn't trust it's trainer.

So if Gladion starts with a Type Null then it clearly doesn't trust him.

Theory time: Gladion ends up becoming a better person or hero throughout events of the story. His Type Null ends up evolving because of this and he becomes an actual rival. Not evil, but respects your power and wants to get stronger. In the end, he does what Guzma didn't and is offered a trial captain spot on Aether's island. He aids you in stopping Aether and the Ultra Beasts as Silvida's power is one of the only things capable of stopping them. "

Thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I'm wondering if multi-attack will be 100 in power like Judgment, it could also be Physical instead of Special.

Techno Blast is 120 power and Special but is limited to some types only.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I like the way Silvally looks, there are just two things I'm not too fond of:
    • Its ability using a whole new set of items instead of plates. They had the opportunity to make plates not completely useless for someone who didn't have a chance to get the event-exclusive Arceus, and didn't use it.
    • After its pre-evolution being named "Type: Null", I expected an equally strange name for this Pokémon.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • I also have a suspicion that there might be some sort of story about Gladion becoming enraged and filled with resent in not being able to evolve his Type: Null (it may even border line on pokemon abuse) and during the story, Type: Null will choose to leave Gladion in favor of trusting the player, and that's how we will acquire Type: Null within the game.
    This image was also in the trailer, though (this particular version is from pokemon.com). Gladion is presumably holding the memory items which change Silvally's type:
    pokemon-sun-moon-169-en.jpg

EDIT: I've found something a bit more concrete in the Japanese trailer:
    e71888c762e4403c8b9e509b6594451a.png

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Well it's clear that Silvally is closely related to Arceus, I wonder if he will be making his first official appearance in a Pokemon game ever?

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Spoiler:

I was so busy paying attention to the reveal of Silvally that I didn't even notice Gladion standing so obviously in all of the pictures.

Well then I guess the next big question worth asking is, since it seems obvious that Gladion manages to hold on to his Type: Null through its entire evolution cycle, then does that mean that we get our hands on our own Type: Null?
    Also makes me wonder what category this pokemon will fall under, is it a Legend, Pseudo Legend, or just a really rare normal pokemon?

Assuming this Type: Null is not a regular old pokemon that can be caught uncommonly in weird area... If it's a unique Legendary, than you would think that if Gladion has it through its entire evolution cycle and then through a weird plot point hands it over to us, then that would mean we would never be able to acquire the pokedex entry for Type: Null, which doesn't really make much sense.

If we go with the idea that Type: Null is a Pseudo Legendary, than we have to ask completely different questions like, Where did this man made pokemon come from, who in their right mind made multiple of them in the first place, where can we acquire it, and how does having multiple of these Legend Killer pokemon affect you, Gladion, and even the other Legendary pokemon within the games, also will there eventually be an awkward moment where the player and Gladion face each others Silvallys against one another?

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Assuming this Type: Null is not a regular old pokemon that can be caught uncommonly in weird area... If it's a unique Legendary, than you would think that if Gladion has it through its entire evolution cycle and then through a weird plot point hands it over to us, then that would mean we would never be able to acquire the pokedex entry for Type: Null, which doesn't really make much sense.

Here's a horrible thought: what if Game Freak decided to make Type: Null specifically an event-exclusive, and not its evolution, which is unable to reproduce? It's not like they've never made a member of an evolutionary family event-exclusive before (Manaphy) .

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Here's a horrible thought: what if Game Freak decided to make Type: Null specifically an event-exclusive, and not its evolution, which is unable to reproduce? It's not like they've never made a member of an evolutionary family event-exclusive before (Manaphy) .

Eh, Manaphy and Phione aren't really an evolutionary family, they're more just... a family. Neither evolves at all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Just some fun facts for everyone saying that Arceus absolutely has to be pronounced "Ar-kay-us" now. I present to you, the Japanese name:
    アルセウス
    A ru se u su
    Ar-see-us

The Japanese Ability even plays into it with the ARシステム (AR System, or, if you say it really fast, Arceus-tem?). Maybe the reason why Sillvady's Ability has RKS rather than RCS is because it's not close enough to the real thing to use the real pronunciation!

Silvally may be closely related to arceus. I guess we all know what this means then. Diamond and Pearl remake confirmed!
    I wouldn't even consider it as a joke, to be honest. It's clear this thing is gonna tie in with Arceus, and Arceus could use a bit more lore, too. DP(P) remakes with a connection to SM and a post-game episode revolving around Giratina and Arceus could definitely be in the cards now (like how ORAS drew a lot of parallels with XY). I think it's of importance that despite all the gen 1 pandering in SM, they chose to make a Pokémon based off of Arceus and not, say, Mewtwo or Mew.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I wouldn't even consider it as a joke, to be honest. It's clear this thing is gonna tie in with Arceus, and Arceus could use a bit more lore, too. DP(P) remakes with a connection to SM and a post-game episode revolving around Giratina and Arceus could definitely be in the cards now (like how ORAS drew a lot of parallels with XY). I think it's of importance that despite all the gen 1 pandering in SM, they chose to make a Pokémon based off of Arceus and not, say, Mewtwo or Mew.

It's almost like, "It all comes together." doesn't it? :P

Reactions: Z25
    Back