• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Years
  • I personally dislike the choice of Victorious Maokai, but I hope they at least make him good in exchange. I'm really disappointed from Championship Zed since his abilities look so low impactful and lame it's ridiculous (especially E), and Zed has been barely played in pro play this season too, since the fighter and tank meta completely dumps on him.

Yasuo still permabanned because most of the community is either boosted or low elo. But at least I can learn some actually cancer champions like Fizz to have for next season as back up. Hue hue hue. Also been thinking from switching from top to ADC as secondary role, since a lot of my games have been decided by which bot lane wins(and Riot is tweaking role selection anyway), but then I might get mid less of the time. Argh, tough choices.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Anyone watching Worlds and are still playing should probably want to practice some of that sweet Kennen right now since Kennen is just tearing up things in the Worlds meta.

And then there's also some Rumble. Weirldly enough, Kennen seems to be a top 1 priority pick for top lane while Rumble comes in at a second priority or even a first pick at certain drafts.

I'm certainly enjoying the jungle pool in Worlds right now considering that Gragas has been nerfed, especially a rather severe nerf to his ulti (can't shotgun that thing anymore) while Reksai is still a notable pick. Lee Sin gloriously has returned to the meta, just in time for that sweet "Worlds Buff" but considering how certain teams have used him to such great degree, he gets banned often. Nidalee is an understandable ban in Worlds 2016 because of how obnoxious she is against most other junglers in the game, and teams are not prepared to play against and around it. Hecarim despite some base damage nerfs some patches ago, has seen some great use, especially to the squads that have junglers who are REALLY GOOD with him. But the show stealer for me has been the Skarner pick.

Years
  • I'm really not surprised Kennen is top tier right now. The few Kennens I have played against dealt A LOT of damage, and Protobelt means he isn't as reliant on Flash for those sick teamfight ults that can easily win fights on their own. He also happens to be one of those top laners that is strong vs most his matchups. Also lane swaps are dead.

Haven't watched must of Worlds so far, but really glad it has at least some diversity now, compared to last year which was played on one of the most broken LoL patches in history.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I don't spend a lot on LoL but god the Star Guardians look so good (Sadly I'm not an ADC so I won't buy Jinx even if I liked her) and the anime short was just amazing. Why hasn't Riot made a League anime yet?!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I don't spend a lot on LoL but god the Star Guardians look so good (Sadly I'm not an ADC so I won't buy Jinx even if I liked her) and the anime short was just amazing. Why hasn't Riot made a League anime yet?!

lol i turned in a subway giftcard to get her starguardian outfit!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I just started playing and I'm still quite new to this

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    i've spent more money on this game than i like to mention hehe

Years
  • I have spent probably somewhere around 300-400€. I wanted a lot of cool LoL skins during the first 2 years of playing, then suddenly when I finally could I started compulsively spending RP on things like new champions, cool skins for champions I occasionally play or even just having a few good games with a champion (and then never touching the champion again for one reason or another, RIP) or just getting RP for 3 mystery skins to myself cause I was feeling lucky(but I never actually was).

The sad part is that at least 200€ of it was in mobile payments, which gives A LOT less RP than paying via pretty much every other method (a little less than half) on top of payment options higher than 5€ not working at all so bonus RP was out of the question. I could probably own all the champions and a skin for each of them if I realized paysafecard was a thing and that I could buy it from the same place I could refill my phone money, or save the money for other better things.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I really would ask support to give me an exact number but I'm actually too afraid because I'm sure it's some ridiculous number. Has to be over $1K at this point...

I usually load a bunch of RP at once and am pretty good at keeping it there until I see something I like. I have a lot more restraint then when I was a noob.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I've only spent like SGD 20 on the game. I got all my skins through Mystery Gifts because I have a small champion pool. Final Boss Veigar an Steel Legion Lux are the luckiest rolls I've ever gotten.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • For how many years I've been playing League, I never really thought of how much I've spent for the game in terms of skins, rune pages, and even early champ unlocks. At least i only unlock the skins that I really like. especially discounted skins.

For those wanting to play Ivern in a ranked game, do remember that an enemy Rengar can make good use of your own bushes. If you happen to play Rengar and you see that the other team has Ivern, then you are in for a very good time.

I reckon for anyone to stay away from any of the /League reddits for the time being. The people still can't get over what has happened in this year's Worlds. So many shocking things have happened and the flame wars between regions has just fired up.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Boy, I'm sure getting used to it. And I spend shells to get aurelion also indonesian lol seems that I enjoy more than US version due to tons of nefty freebies

Years
  • Has anybody seen the new plants jungle system that will be added in the preseason? http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/MmxwV82e-lets-talk-about-plants

I already know that unless Yasuo or Zed end up horribly broken via mastery changes, I will quit playing LoL for a while, cause honestly the direction Riot is taking the game in is really terrible IMO. Kinda sad because they finally got their act together and are releasing a replay system, loading screen indicator that it hasn't crashed, new cilent and all that good stuff.

Also got camped 4 games in a row by premades HARD. #soloplayerlife

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I'm more hyped up with how are they going to finally change Talon, Kat, Leb, and of course the one I'm quite hyped for in Rengar. We already know the direction they are taking these 4 characters are, but I would like to know some actual mechanics, base numbers, ratios, and whatnot. We do know that Rengar is going to be on the receiving end of the "changes baseball bat".

Just read with this new plants system they are adding in. Oh boy, as if keeping up with changes was already quite hard enough for most players, even for high elo ones, but since this is going to be an all new season, we should already expect BIG changes coming in.

Also, I should prepare to watch Samsung Galaxy vs Cloud 9 later in this year's worlds. Oh wait, i shouldn't

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I'm more hyped up with how are they going to finally change Talon, Kat, Leb, and of course the one I'm quite hyped for in Rengar. We already know the direction they are taking these 4 characters are, but I would like to know some actual mechanics, base numbers, ratios, and whatnot. We do know that Rengar is going to be on the receiving end of the "changes baseball bat".

Just read with this new plants system they are adding in. Oh boy, as if keeping up with changes was already quite hard enough for most players, even for high elo ones, but since this is going to be an all new season, we should already expect BIG changes coming in.

Also, I should prepare to watch Samsung Galaxy vs Cloud 9 later in this year's worlds. Oh wait, i shouldn't
    they're adding a new plant system? should be interesting.

i've been playing as ezreal recently.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Alright so after checking the finally revealed Assassin reworks of Rengar, Talon, Katarina, and Leblanc, i feel pretty confident that I'll be having the most fun with Rengar and Talon.

Rengar rework = New (OP) Bonetooth Necklace passive -> Basically this Necklace passive is the Bounty Hunter Mastery on steroids. On kill or assist to UNIQUE enemy champs, you gain bonus x% attack Damage. Scoring 5 kills or assists on the 5 enemy champions will grant you 30% Bonus AD.

The downsides with Rengar's rework though is that his Ferocity Mechanic got a little clunkier and his new Q is no longer the ever loved Auto attack reset but its now an active ability. But the damage numbers on that Q are pretty nuts.

Talon Rework = Probably my favorite part about him is is rather funny yet really cool looking new E (replaces the old blink e). Basically vaulting over walls and structures. The best part is that this thing has no cooldown other than you not being able to vault over the same terrain that you vaulted over for a couple of seconds.

Also, Talon just got even more damage especially with his new passive and new Q. The downside is that since he no longer has his old Blink, gap closing enemies for that massive damage burst requires a couple of more effort this time. His new Q is a weird mix of an auto attack reset and a gap closing ability though.

More Info on the Assassin Rework can be found here:
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/preseason-2017/assassins

Years
  • Hey remember when Kalista was a meta champion and she was broken and really annoying because of her mobility? And then when she was gutted we all accepted she was going to get reworked and we all thought Riot would never make such a big mistake again.

Introducing the Talon rework! Doesn't it look fun to play against?

Katarina is probably also gonna be as cancerous, but at least you have some idea of where she can go, even if it is retarded.

Can't really comment on LB or Rengar since both got fairly huge changes. But LB's RR looks completely useless, the spell it uses doesn't even do damage so what is the point? Like no player with a brain is going to be fooled by a clone that mindlessly walks towards them, and it deals 0 damage and dies after 1 spell cast anyway.

Also I don't understand what is the point of making Akali teleport to where she casts W and the putting W from where she cast it. It's so counter intuitive... But I guess Akali has one more gapcloser now, because running away from her wasn't a pain in the ass already.

Other mini reworks look fairly good though. Nice to see them actually getting some interactivity into their kit instead of "use this when it's up". Ekko R procing his W if he passes through it, Kha automatically entering ult when going into a bush, Zed actually gets a reason to ult the carry instead of just ulting someone to gapclose them and burst them with basic spells, Shaco clone now fearing on death, etc.

Back