• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Building a league?!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I was completely shocked when hearing there is an Alolan league being built?!!!
    Do u think it's gonna be the regular Elite 4 members+ a champion? Do u think we will be actually able to take part in it?
    I have no idea how it's gonna work, would love to hear what u guys think.
    Personaly, It reminds me of the BF being built in ORAS, and yet we didnt get the chance to take part in it cuz it wasn't built yet..

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I kind of wonder if perhaps the building of this league in Alola is more for a future Alola game, and not that we're gonna get to make use of it now. The construction seems incomplete atm.

It would kind of be weird to have a standard Pokemon League in Sun/Moon right now since it's made a point of there not being the standard form of Gyms and Leagues, and there's the Battle Tree on top of that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I kind of wonder if perhaps the building of this league in Alola is more for a future Alola game, and not that we're gonna get to make use of it now. The construction seems incomplete atm.

It would kind of be weird to have a standard Pokemon League in Sun/Moon right now since it's made a point of there not being the standard form of Gyms and Leagues, and there's the Battle Tree on top of that.

Yes, that's exactly what I think as well.
    But why would they mention the league in a game trailer? That doesnt make any sense

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Definitely going to be your standard league. I'm positive we partake in it. Probably after the story concludes it will be built and challenge-able. We may see a twist though.

This also has been speculated for awhile based on the Chinese leaks. Which is interesting that this came true. The Riddler reaffirmed us that this was going to be the case as well.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022

That line of thinking went over real well in ORAS with the Battle Resort. {XD}

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Chinese leak straight up mentioned this so I don't think this is sequel teasing or whatever. It'll be a post-game story.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Hmm. I am wondering if we will have 7 gyms for the 7 trial captains, or 8 gyms for the 7 trial captains + 1 other. Maybe there will be rotating trainers from distant regions who take the spot. Maybe Hau, Lillie, Gladion, or another character takes the spot. It would be pretty fun to actually be a gym leader, I guess that is a more distant possibility.

Years
  • I actually really like the idea that the league will be a post-game thing, although it took my by surprise that they were constructing a league. I'm still unsure about the idea that we'll be building our own league and instead I think it'll probably just be a standard elite four that we take on after the main story.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Now I can see the empty spaces around Alola potentially being for Gyms? Not really sure though.. cause the trial captains already have a base of operations so why would they need a new one?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd imagine if those empty spaces are areas where Gyms can be placed, then it would most likely to be a post-game thing. Not sure what this whole League thing is but it certainly has caught my interest! Seems like there will be some sort of Pokémon League which is something I was really hoping for.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm really tempted to believe this is a way for us to create a league of our own that we can share with other people, like secret bases but 500%.

That's what I think too. But I personally hope its gonna be a normal league, with an Elite 4 and a champion

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • There's the possibility of the league becoming available post game, which would be really cool, giving a lot more post game, game play than Gen VI gave us.

I think it'd be cool if our input into this league was participating in selecting the Gym Leaders and E4, I mean, at the end of every game the player has become the Pokemon Champion for that region (not 100% on our position this game without gyms/E4) but assuming we have a similar rank in Alola, would not the best person to test if Trainers are strong enough themselves to test the upcoming trainers in the region be us?

A second way this league maybe introduced could be a New Version or a SM2, released in a couple years, as the 3rd installment tends to bring new features/buildings etc to the game or in BW2 being set years later, therefore allowing the Gym system to be up and running.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I'd love to see Gyms being built over the course of the story and get the chance to revisit a couple places and challenge them all in the post-game, then go for the E4. Really hoping Gyms will be involved and it won't just be a Pokémon League on its own.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Something I could see happening is that there will be a selection among the people who cleared the island trails and that there would be some kind of tournament to see the top 5 trainers from the region. We already know you will be champion in the post-game because Green(JP)/Blue(EN) called you a fellow Champion. Or maybe even more trails? I just hope it isn't like after you beat the island trails and evil team it will be like "Hey we just finished building the pokemon league and we already have a e4 and champion".

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I'm hoping for something along the lines of a second campaign...

After you've saved Alola from the Ultra Beasts and The evil organization(s) which is the main campaign. The gym and Pokemon League are built, then we'll return to the old formula battling 8 gym's Elite Four and Champion.

Not to mention the Battle Tree :D Where you can recruit people for doubles (Kinda Like the battle train: where you recruit the protagonists opposite gender) This is shaping up to be a stacked Post game... Still hope the Battle Tree is Battle Frontier-ish (Still miss emeralds post game... so much T_T)

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • The idea of the League just being built is great as no one really knows how or why the League is important. Maybe we'll get an idea while it's being made. But it's gonna be so weird having to beat the Champion almost right after he is instituted. *snickers The Battle Tree could be like a post post-game which is cool. :O
    My question is who will recruit the gym leaders/elite four? Wouldn't it also be exciting to see that people you've met along the journey could become part of this new elite four? *giggles excitably!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The official website mentions specifically that the "League" is where you face "The Elite Four and the Champion," and even shows pictures of those buildings from Kanto and Kalos.
    The Pok?mon League is where the Elite Four?four Pok?mon Trainers with powerful Pok?mon partners?and the Champion, who reigns as the top of all Trainers, await challengers. A challenger who defeats the Elite Four and the Champion will be hailed as the new Champion of the Pok?mon League.
    So while I'd love for an entire Gym system to be implemented in the post-game, the way the site describes it, the "League" that's being built is only going to house an Elite Four and Champion.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    The official website mentions specifically that the "League" is where you face "The Elite Four and the Champion," and even shows pictures of those buildings from Kanto and Kalos.

So while I'd love for an entire Gym system to be implemented in the post-game, the way the site describes it, the "League" that's being built is only going to house an Elite Four and Champion.

I just hope we actually get to face the E-4 and that said champion, since the league isn't built yet..

Back