• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You take Control: Best Controller ????

Years
  • The DualShock line of controllers is definitely my favorite out of all controllers. Specifically, the DualShock 4 is really nice in my opinion, but the previous ones are also very good. They're not only iconic, but they're also pretty comfortable.

The N64 controller was the most awkward controller. As a kid I never knew how to hold it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Xbox layout sucks xDD

Okay, now onto the obvious answer, Dualshock 4.
    That thing is almost perfect. It has a perfect grip, perfect weight, the correct layout and touchpad is a cute addition xD
    The only bad thing about it is the light bar which brings battery issues. Having controller that does not hold a day is really bad.

Years
  • Keyboard and mouse even for PC games that allow a controller

Seriously though, Playstation controllers are the best for me, I'm just used to them, from childhood PS1 games to my cousin currently owning PS2 so I play games on it occasionally.

I really don't like how Xbox controllers have the left side switched, it's just so awkward to use. I will absolutely never use a Steam controller though, just doesn't seem worth it at all to even try it lol.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I like the Wii U Pro Controller a lot. Stuff like the GC controller and the Dualshock line is great too.

The N64 controller was the most awkward controller. As a kid I never knew how to hold it.
    I have no idea why they thought that thing was a good idea lol, it always seemed to me like you needed 3 hands to use it properly.

Yukari

I like the Wii U Pro Controller a lot. Stuff like the GC controller and the Dualshock line is great too.

I have no idea why they thought that thing was a good idea lol, it always seemed to me like you needed 3 hands to use it properly.

n64+controller+for+three+hands.jpg

^ The way it was meant to be used.

Dualshock controllers are my favorite... if only because they're the controller I'm the most used to. I like the Xbox controller too... to an extent at least. I hate the position of the left analog stick but I guess I got used to it after a while. :/

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Odd one out like normal. Xbox one controller. Close to a tie with the Dualshock but it gets edged out by the comfort of the Xbox controller.

I prefer the layout and find I can access the d-pad a lot easier and faster in games that use it along with the sticks.

I also have to say the touchpad on the dualshock is really tacky (like xbox's "rumble triggers") in that I haven't seen a game make more use of it that a giant menu button.

Years
  • The long lived Dual Shock controllers. I remember the contollers even before they came with analog sticks:

300px-PSX-Original-Controller.jpg

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Those Dualshock controllers. They don't change drastically between iterations, so if I still had a PS2, I'd be able to easily change from the PS2 to PS3 due to how similar the controllers are, and they just feel really good in my hands. Not too sure about the PS4 though, don't own one.

TY

Since the only console i grew up with was a Playstation I can't help but to say that the PS4 one feels the best to me. After using a PS4 controller for 2 years now I don't ever want to go back to PS3 controllers cause for some reason their grips feel smaller than the PS4 ones. Also the weight is a massive difference between the 2.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Those Dualshock controllers. They don't change drastically between iterations, so if I still had a PS2, I'd be able to easily change from the PS2 to PS3 due to how similar the controllers are, and they just feel really good in my hands. Not too sure about the PS4 though, don't own one.
    If you like Dualshock 2/3, you are going to love DS4 so much you may end up feeling that DS3 just does not cut it =D

Years
  • I actually like the concept behind the Wiimote. It definitely makes the games that much more immersive and satisfying. If only there's a version out there meant for PC games..

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Dualshock 3/4, despite not owning a playstation I like the controllers so much.
    Mostly mouse&keyboard on PC, and I have a logitech Extreme 3d pro for playing space shooters.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • The curves of the body and the shapes of the buttons makes the GameCube controller my choice. I really like the PS3 controller but the GameCube controller feels like a perfect fit for my hands.
    The PS3 controller was another one I really liked along with arcade controllers/cabinets? I grew up playing arcade games so it just makes sense to me and I love playing arcade games when I go to Asia.

As for one I hate... I'd like to smash all existing OG Xbox controllers :>

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • PS4 controllers. Ew. Seriously what were they thinking with that touchpad. All it does is get in my way and adds an awful black box on the front of my controller. No thank you.

For me I actually really like the Xbox 360's controller. For the games I played on it I felt the switched layout of sticks/dpad much better and it fits p darn nicely in the old hands as well.

If you liked the Xbox 360 controller, than you'll love the Xbox One controller. I used to be like you - i.e. loving the 360 controller - but once I picked up the One controller the 360 one will feel so janky. I don't usually fangirl over certain console elements but the controller scheme is amazing for the One. My only complaint is I have semi-large hands so I have to space out my hands to grip the controller properly but that's a minor point for a great controller design.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2016
    I use the Xbox controllers on PC. I would NOT recommend the "Elite" controller though - major quality issues.

Back