• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bathing Beauties!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Probably, unless they are fire or rock type and just char the dirt away or polish themselves clean. Like animals, I imagine pokemon with fur would lick themselves clean too. But some probably don't care at all, like Muk or Trubbish d:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Probably, unless they are fire or rock type and just char the dirt away or polish themselves clean. Like animals, I imagine pokemon with fur would lick themselves clean too. But some probably don't care at all, like Muk or Trubbish d:
    I don't think Rock & Ground Types are hydrophobic, coz some of them can learn Surf, for e.g. Rhydon.

Pika Pika :chu:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Huh I imagine that they just rub a dry towel on the ground and rock Pokemon to get the dirt off. They brush the fur of the fire side. They way the other type that aren't affected by water.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Huh I imagine that they just rub a dry towel on the ground and rock Pokemon to get the dirt off. They brush the fur of the fire side. They way the other type that aren't affected by water.
    Like I said, I don't think Rock, Ground, Fore Pokemon are hydrophobic. They can take a bath normally I think, coz since water isn't being used forcefully against them, it doesn't hurt them like a Water Type attack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    i believe pokemon are similar to animals, so won't be surprised if they do take baths.

Years
    I can definitely view the feline-based Pokemon as licking their own fur to clean, similar to what cats do in real life.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I would imagine the animal based Pokemon at least would have to be bathed, especially ones with fur. I remember there's one episode which shows Ash and Misty polishing Brock's rock Pokemon when he was sick, so that may be the extent of the cleaning of rock types.

Years
    Dunno if all Pokemon like to take baths, but apparently some trainers do like to take baths with their Pokemon...

Bathing Beauties!

Years
    I would imagine the animal based Pokemon at least would have to be bathed, especially ones with fur. I remember there's one episode which shows Ash and Misty polishing Brock's rock Pokemon when he was sick, so that may be the extent of the cleaning of rock types.

I guess Rock-types do love getting a clean since battling can be well, dirty work for them. I do imagine bathing a Fire-type would be most difficult since they tend to be scared of water, notably displayed in a Hoenn episode when Ash, his companions and all their Pokemon took a dip in the water... except for May's Torchic.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    My humble guess is that fire types clean themselves by burning off whatever dirt and other foreign materials get on their skins.

As for the humanoids such as Gardevoirs and Gallades, well i think we already know that they'll find the nearest water source and do their business there. What business is that, obviously hygienic cleansing.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    An interesting topic, Chu. I imagine Pokemon take baths but the question is, how do Fire-types bathe? :pink_confused:
    My humble guess is that fire types clean themselves by burning off whatever dirt and other foreign materials get on their skins.
    Well, Reversal Mountain has water & Heatran is said to have gone there in the past to cool itself down.

Back