• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mobile gaming

Years
  • More and more companies and developers are putting manpower into mobile gaming, which has grown to become massively popular because of how fast and easy it is to play almost anywhere. Sitting on the bus? Just turn on your phone (surely most of you have one!) and pop open a mobile game to keep you busy. Lots of known businesses have invested in the mobile market, from Nintendo (Super Mario Run and Pokémon GO among others) to Square Enix (FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X, etc).

What're your thoughts on mobile gaming? Do you play on your phone? Casually or more dedicatedly? What are some of the games you play? What do you think of the very obvious money-grabbing microtransactions some mobile games have?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • If it has cute girls, I don't care about the platform =D
    I would say I'm very dedicated to playing Love Live and Shuffle more casually.

As for money grabbing, if the game forces me to pay, I'm definitely not interested. That's why I don't mind throwing some money to Love Live since there's nothing that forces me to do it and I can do it to support the game :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    It's so hard to find good mobile games - I feel like everything in the app store is just reskins of the same games and it's rare that I see something different and fun (though admittedly I don't search too deeply - basically, whenever I'm running out of data I'll mass-download a bunch of random games through Wi-Fi and just go through them on the bus, lol). But yeah, soo many clickers and waiting games and clones of popular puzzle games.

I don't think I've ever bought a mobile game or spent money on in-app purchases - to me, phone games are just meant to be casual, 'fun for a few minutes, delete after a week' kind of games, so I just haven't considered spending money on them.

My game of the week is The Trail by Kongregate - it's one of those "craft and collect, build a house"-type games, and they're not super pushy about in-app purchases so I've been liking it so far. :)

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • It's so hard to find good mobile games - I feel like everything in the app store is just reskins of the same games and it's rare that I see something different and fun (though admittedly I don't search too deeply - basically, whenever I'm running out of data I'll mass-download a bunch of random games through Wi-Fi and just go through them on the bus, lol). But yeah, soo many clickers and waiting games and clones of popular puzzle games.

I don't think I've ever bought a mobile game or spent money on in-app purchases - to me, phone games are just meant to be casual, 'fun for a few minutes, delete after a week' kind of games, so I just haven't considered spending money on them.

My game of the week is The Trail by Kongregate - it's one of those "craft and collect, build a house"-type games, and they're not super pushy about in-app purchases so I've been liking it so far. :)

I'll have to check out that game, I like those kind of games :3

If you have an Apple product phone, two games come to mind which you should get if you need to pass the time: Transistor and Bindinf of Issac. Both have been ported to mobile from console, but both are excellent games for their own reasons and have been great time consumers for train rides for me haha.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If you have an Apple product phone, two games come to mind which you should get if you need to pass the time: Transistor and Bindinf of Issac. Both have been ported to mobile from console, but both are excellent games for their own reasons and have been great time consumers for train rides for me haha.
    Alas, Android :( Transistor is definitely on my backlog though! Picked it up on Steam during the winter sale, but yeah, would have been cool to play that on the bus lol.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • ooooh i love mobile games! i often play a bunch of those match 3 games or choice making games (like Choices or Episode). i spend a lot of my time playing love live! school idol festival (i'm rank 106 so.. that tells you how much time i spend on it lol) and i play candy crush, toy blast and this magic bubble shooter game made by king, who are the people that made candy crush. i only use in app purchases for school idol festival or very rarely on Episode.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm not exactly a fan of mobile gaming, but ever since playing Fire Emblem Heroes, I think I might be interested in some of them? I hear talk of this anime-idol rhythm game which is cute and additively fun so maybe I'll try it out sometime? Though either way, I won't be as dedicated to mobile gaming as I am on the consoles and handhelds for sure.

The microtransactions can sure get you if you're really into a mobile game for sure, aha. Like I remember this Final Fantasy mobile game which is an obvious money grab because, it played pretty unfairly since your units die in like 1-2 hits, urgh. You'd pay money to revive them, of course otherwise you'd wait a bit of time.

Guest123_x1

I know people will probably call me 'stupid' or 'backwards' for saying the following, but I don't care at all for mobile (tablet/smartphone) gaming. I have better things to do with my time than play games that trap you and try to stick you with 'microtransaction' charges along the way, as the vast majority of smartphone games do.

Back