• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30-Day Gaming Challenge part...3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nero

I like it.
Years
  • Oops, missed the first two days, oh well.

Day 1 - Very first video game:
    Chip's Challenge! I had it for Windows, but I don't remember which version I was running back then.

Spoiler:

Day 2 - Your favorite character: That's a tough one, I've got so many. I really like Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie, she's such a fun and cheeky character, and I don't often come across a lovable smart-ass pulled off as well as Kazooie was.

Day 3 - A game that is underrated: The Dog Island for the PS2 and Wii was a game that I really enjoyed, but I don't see it mentioned much. It's an RPG set in a world of dogs, and you choose your favourite breed and go on an adventure around a somewhat open world island to become a sniff master and save your sick sister. It's just a really cute, casual RPG that is surprisingly well made and I had a lot of fun playing it. No hardcore RPG mechanics, just... barking. And sniffing. The angry bears and are way too cute to actually harm.
    (The dogs also wear hats. That should be the biggest selling point)

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 3: A game that is underrated

When it comes to a game that is underrated, one that comes to mind is Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. This game was designed to be the start of a new RPG series created by 38 Studios. I played this game and really enjoyed it. Plus one of the DLCs for this game is actually Mass Effect themed. It was created for PS3, Xbox 360, and Microsoft Windows.

Years
  • Day 3 - A game that is underrated. - The Elder Scrolls Online, it's actually a really good MMO, especially for Elder Scrolls fans and despite all the hate it has got, the most recent updates are really good and I've found myself getting strongly into it again.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Whoops, I guess I actually started a day late, so I'll do day two and three now.

Day 2 - Favourite Character

I've rarely been overly smitten with any one video game character in particular, except for perhaps in Undertale and OneShot so far. Out of those two games, I'd have to say I enjoyed Undyne's character from Undertale the most. She has a lot of development, and a good ground character, without being overly complicated or hugely focused upon.

Day 3 - A game that is underrated

Hmm. This is a hard one, but to me, I'd say probably Ori and the Blind Forest. Although I wonder if it's really underrated, or just rather unknown. Either way, it doesn't get enough publicity and credit for the great game that it is.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • day 3

LAIR on the ps3

the game has an amazing sound track and impressive visuals fer its time, the control setup had been made specificly fer the system itself and uses the controler as the "harness" of the dragon, however, it is reccomended keeping it in this fasion or it will get kinda hard otherwize
    it has a good story, but sometimes its very obvious of wats gona happen soon

i reccomend it, its good, its mindless dragon violence and yer the flyer

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 3 - A game that is underrated

Kinda hard, but I think this one goes to Audiosurf. It's such a great game. You can choose your own music and "surf" along, which makes it highly replayable.
    I seriously don't think it's getting the love it really deserves.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 3 - A game that is underrated.

Halo 5. If you thought it didn't have enough content at launch, play it now. Game is perfect now. Top 3 in the series for multiplayer.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 1 - First game you played

Day 2- Favorite Character

Day 3- A game that is Under rated

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'm going to just start on Day 3 cause I'm lazy af.

Day 3: A Game That Is Underrated - Vanquish

This game has some of the best combat mechanics that I've ever seen in a game. Very fast paced, just enough difficulty to make things interesting but not go near impossible. Was a shame that the sales weren't good enough to garner a sequel, as this game is one of the most criminally underrated games that I've ever played before.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 3 - A game that is underrated.

Just to avoid saying Baten Kaitos once again, I'll go with Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii. Yes, the voice acting is really bad (unbearable at times), but behind all that is a really solid game with a fast and strategic battle system, great character customization, and an awesome OST done by Mitsuda of Chrono fame.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • I tried waiting until night and everything, but it looks like my timezone is too far ahead, considering we're still in day 3. I guess I'll just have early day changes from now on.

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game: There's a little f2p strategy MMO for mobiles called Lords & Knights, and despite its simplicity I haven't been able to put it down for years. It's a stats based game, castle building itself is even just numbers, but the part that makes it really shine is the emphasis on joining alliances and forming diplomacies with other alliances, and more often than not going to war with the ones who's ideals rival your own. Everyone can be a part of a team, whether it be moderating your alliance's forum, devising war strategies or keeping up relations with your neighbors in group chats. The game itself isn't anything special, but the community is so awesome that they always drag me back.

I'm even more guilty because of how much time it takes out of my day, because everything is real time based. There have been times I've woken up at ridiculous hours of the night just for my troops to land at the optimal time during a war. It's also pretty demanding when it comes to activity, heck I've been getting notifications while typing this. Is it worth it? Maybe.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • day 4

currently? fallout 4 on the ps4

i plugged in over 500 hrs and got plenty of mods, but now i just screw around and do stuff if i get bored

Years
  • Day 1 - First game you played
    Spoiler:

Day 2- Favorite Character
    Spoiler:

Day 3 - A game that is underrated
    Spoiler:

Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game
    Spoiler:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Day 4 - Your Guilty Pleasure Game

Starfox Adventures. Everyone hates the game, and to an extent I do too, but I can't help but enjoy it every time I play it. As far as an rpg puzzle based action game goes, it's not that bad. Not an award winner for sure, but I enjoy it for what it is... Even if Tricky can be annoying. Cried like hell when I lost him when I was young though XD

Riolu

Emanation Pokémon
    Years
  • Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game

Freestyle Football, a free-to-play game on Steam. The fact that it involves paying for better performance makes me feel kinda guilty, but it's actually fun if played casually.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game.

I never really feel guilty playing a game. Perhaps any Call Of Duty game? Dunno.

Years
  • Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game - Probably Football Manager, I only feel guilty cause I play it way too much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back