• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Call of Duty: WWII Worldwide Reveal April 26th 10AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Can't believe I'm saying this....I loved that trailer. No real bullshit over-the-topic antics, just grit. You're telling me that we're going to get a D-Day beaches of Normandy level with those graphics? Shit, that's going to be great. This might be the first Call of Duty game that I get since my last one of Black Ops 1.

Now let's see if Activision - hopefully - backs up the gameplay with customer friendly policies. A man can dream.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Got my pre-order of the Pro Edition in with GameStop. SHGames deserves to be rewarded for this.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I'm presently surprised.

I half expected to be chasing some super fictional nazi scientist across all the fronts of WWII by myself before he can launch the super v6 rocket to kill everyone in New York.

So much of the way that developers at Sledgehammer spoke to me about the game pointed towards a more thoughtful, methodical shooter that has more in common with the fantastic Spec-Ops: The Line than with any other Call of Duty game.

This one line from IGN fills me with hope for the game. If they can pull off something on the scale of Spec Ops they will have a real winner. At least until everyone wants exo suits back next year.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Funny how despite the series going back to WW2, the BF1 fanbois find a way to attack the game because the state of the human condition is such a wonderful thing. Anyway....

Alright, I'm going to be saying a boatload of things about this.

At first I wasn't too excited since i thought that the setting of World War 2 has been "done to death" in many other mediums and the long speculated Vietman War setting didn't came to be. But then I realized that given the current generation, there hasn't been a big budget World War 2 based game since World at War, and even though CoD had its roots in said time setting, it was still the Modern Warfare setting that the series truly got its appeal to the masses, hence we had SEVERAL games since CoD4 to have the setting (From CoD4 to MW2, BLOPS1, MW3, BLOPS 2, and Ghosts [[Although BLOPS2 and Ghosts were in the near future, they were still Modern Combat themed]]) and following that the Exosuit buzz lightyear warfare that we were fed with for 3 more years after Ghosts in Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3, to Infinite Warfare.

Also, regarding World War 2, we already know the story, perhaps we probably know more about World War 2 than we know how our significant others, either former or current, think about. But given that we haven't had a big budget OMERGOD TRIPLE AAA produced World War 2 game in a while, i still felt refreshed for a reason. Even though I've been fortunate enough to be within the time frame where World War 2 based media was a hit with the likes of Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, and Medal of Honor being the ***t for a time, the younger youngins who never experienced World War 2 as part of the entertaining medium can have the slice of the delicious D-Day cake.

Alright, enough with non-gameplay related opinions and predictions in my part, here's what i do expect:

Single player:
    + pretty much the same Campaign experience from the previous CoDs of walking through heavily scripted scenes, playing through set pieces in a straight line with lots of "on rails" moments. It has always been the formula of the CoD campaigns from Day 1.

+ As for the story, I expect it to be more in line with some of the World War 2 related movies and tv series (Band of Brothers bois) where the "main villain" of the setting isn't some outlandish individual or a Nazi general but it would just be the War itself, the struggle that the participating individuals, the player and the NPCs happen to be a part of. After all, CoD WW2 isn't going to be something like Wolfenstein, unless Sledgehammer throws a half empty M1 Garand at me and actually introduce a "main villain" Nazi officer. Also judging from the trailer, the two individuals who were arguing are going to be the main source of conflict for the player (and the audience) to deal with.

+ GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND GORE BABY! World at War had it, heck even in Multiplayer where players would get dismembered by explosives, shotgun blasts, and a PTRS blast. Of course the trailer may have shown quite a bit, I expect to have more if it, but do take note that I really do expect the use of the visceral and graphic bloodshed to be used to give even more GRIT to the setting.

Then again, given how CoDs main appeal really is the multiplayer, I'm not expecting much from the campaign, even though last year's entry did have a surprisingly decent one in Buzz Lightyear i mean't Infinite Warfare. But again, most of the staple CoD campaigns of linear levels filled with heavily scripted set pieces will always be there. Its not going to be something like Wolfenstein: The New Order were we actually get to explore the maps or something like that.

Multiplayer expectations:

+ If the said 48 player capability would be true, I really do want to see the 22 vs 22 settings that the game can have. Its been a while since we had a CoD game other than the PC Ports such as CoD4PC to have literal ground wars. And given how much money Activision has made for years and years of CoD, I'm pretty sure they now have the budget to make 22 vs 22 a thing.

+ Grease Gun! Okay kidding aside, the expect weapons are set to be in the game. Tommys, Mp40s, STG44s, Springfields, and of course the M1 Garand. I would like to see an even wider armory of weapons though and i expect Sledgehammer to have done their research.

What I'm looking most forward to:

+ Headquarters (NOT THE GAMEMODE): I would definitely love to build my own fort for me and my friends, colleagues, and E-girls fellow online troopers to socialize in before we start blowing up other people's faces off.

+ The multiplayer progression system. Having read up on this "Divisions" thing, I'm quite excited to see how players will be able to create a class through this new Divisions system.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    The return of the Big Red One huh?

Big Red One was one of my fave Gamecube games, be nice to revisit that unit. Actually semi excited for CoD for the first time since MW3

Arsenic

Years
  • The return of the Big Red One huh?

Big Red One was one of my fave Gamecube games, be nice to revisit that unit. Actually semi excited for CoD for the first time since MW3

Thought I was the only one who made that connection! Glad I'm not the only one who remembers that game!

Yukari

Funny how despite the series going back to WW2, the BF1 fanbois find a way to attack the game because the state of the human condition is such a wonderful thing.
    I want to point out that BF1 is set in WW1.

I think that was a mistake, but I still want to be sure. d:

Arsenic

Years
  • I want to point out that BF1 is set in WW1.

You just misread it!

It is

Funny how despite the series (Call of Duty) going back to WW2, the BF1 fanbois find a way to attack the game (It would be thought they wouldn't as a major attacking point was it's futuristic setting) because the state of the human condition is such a wonderful thing.

I think I'm personally hoping Battalion 1944 shapes up it's visuals for the WWII MP game I want to play. No P-52 Harrier Jump Plane killstreak or dropping a Tactical Fatman to end early. Just gruntwork.

Still interested in the Campaign though (In part because Battalion is a MP only game)

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I want to point out that BF1 is set in WW1.

I'm quoting how silly the respective fanbois are. Again, the state of the human condition is still rather amazing. Also, from how i see why the BF1 fanbois still attack CoD for setting it to WW2, its kinda like this:

Historical blarghs proved to be successful in BF1 so the Anti-CoD crowd things that Activision is telling their respective curator for this year's CoD serving to make a CoD game put in a historical period, hence World War 2, which was the series roots, and what many of the fans have wanted since World at War came to be.

~~> Explaining jokes made from cancerous youtube comments. I love my job~~

Also unlike everyone else, its time i do my job and relay actually gameplay related information to contribute to the discussion; Actually **** there isn't even a hint of gameplay related things to be discussed other than faint and minor details. l

What I've read so far aside from the obvious

Sledgehammer confirms that female characters are going to be playable in Multiplayer. Some people are okay with it while another crowd seems to think that even Sledgehammer is trying to pander to the whole "FEMALE IS STRONG" agenda that has become quite a trend and source of SRSBSNS discussions and dissess. I'm personally amused by the reactions coming from those aggressive white men people who are against this idea of including female characters in WW2's multiplayer.

Multiplayer reveal will be on E3 and given that E3 will be open for the public this year, this is going to be quite a ride especially since people will actually get to play.

For those interested in what the editions are:
    Call of Duty: WWII Base Edition and Digital Base Edition – Game SRP $59.99.
    Call of Duty: WWII Digital Deluxe Edition – Game, Season Pass and more, SRP $99.99.
    Call of Duty: WWII Pro Edition – Season Pass, collectible Steelbook and more, SRP $99.99.

I wonder what "more" means? COD Points?

Last edited:

Arsenic

Years
  • I mean to be fair, CoD is certainly hopping on the History train. I hypothesize ever since their trailer became (idk if it still is) the most downvoted video on ytube and BF1's trailer was praised. If you don't think Acti's direction changed after EA stomped them into a shallow grave, you're kidding yourself.

Now is it the only reason CoD is going back to WWII? Hell no. But I'm positive the success of BF1 and Failure of IW is a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE reason.

Also, E3 isn't fully open to the public. 15k tickets were put out for non industry members. Only those of us who were watching it like a hawk got tickets. Heck, I opened up the site within a minute of it going up and was 8,7xx in line so I can't imagine the rest of the tickets lasted long.

I'll put pics up in my thread of the CoD thing tho :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I specifically remember reading a bunch of Facebook comments about keeping "boots on the ground" in WWII. I never played AW or IW, but I'm assuming there were jet packs/hovercrafts of some kind and that annoyed people.

Years
  • I mean to be fair, CoD is certainly hopping on the History train. I hypothesize ever since their trailer became (idk if it still is) the most downvoted video on ytube and BF1's trailer was praised. If you don't think Acti's direction changed after EA stomped them into a shallow grave, you're kidding yourself.

Now is it the only reason CoD is going back to WWII? Hell no. But I'm positive the success of BF1 and Failure of IW is a YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE reason.

Also, E3 isn't fully open to the public. 15k tickets were put out for non industry members. Only those of us who were watching it like a hawk got tickets. Heck, I opened up the site within a minute of it going up and was 8,7xx in line so I can't imagine the rest of the tickets lasted long.

I'll put pics up in my thread of the CoD thing tho :D
    It is unlikely that it had anything to do about bf1 or iw, because the game started development before both were announced.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm quoting how silly the respective fanbois are. Again, the state of the human condition is still rather amazing. Also, from how i see why the BF1 fanbois still attack CoD for setting it to WW2, its kinda like this:

Historical blarghs proved to be successful in BF1 so the Anti-CoD crowd things that Activision is telling their respective curator for this year's CoD serving to make a CoD game put in a historical period, hence World War 2, which was the series roots, and what many of the fans have wanted since World at War came to be.

~~> Explaining jokes made from cancerous youtube comments. I love my job~~

Also unlike everyone else, its time i do my job and relay actually gameplay related information to contribute to the discussion; Actually **** there isn't even a hint of gameplay related things to be discussed other than faint and minor details. l

What I've read so far aside from the obvious

Sledgehammer confirms that female characters are going to be playable in Multiplayer. Some people are okay with it while another crowd seems to think that even Sledgehammer is trying to pander to the whole "FEMALE IS STRONG" agenda that has become quite a trend and source of SRSBSNS discussions and dissess. I'm personally amused by the reactions coming from those aggressive white men people who are against this idea of including female characters in WW2's multiplayer.

Multiplayer reveal will be on E3 and given that E3 will be open for the public this year, this is going to be quite a ride especially since people will actually get to play.

For those interested in what the editions are:

I wonder what "more" means? COD Points?

I mean, women fought within the Soviet Ranks, they fought as saboteurs and resistance fighters in half of Europe and the British employed them as spies so it's not a massive jump to make them playable

Arsenic

Years
  • I mean, women fought within the Soviet Ranks, they fought as saboteurs and resistance fighters in half of Europe and the British employed them as spies so it's not a massive jump to make them playable

Most women in combat at this time were not used in the frontlines. If I recall the largest group of combat women in WWII was with the British. As operators of AA batteries. I'm not against having women in combat roles, I'm against incorrect diversity just to make a company look good(See: The Pepsi Protest commercial.). The vast majority of combat troops were guys during the period, please don't try to rewrite history to make all the feminists happy.

I'm happy with being able to play a female soldier in modern & near/far future games though. Go crazy with it there! It at least makes sense! Or if you want to have a WWII spy game with a lot of female characters sure, it is fitting and a lot more accurate. Hell, even have a few frontline combat women in your WWII game, I'm sure some managed to get into that position! Just keep in reasonable and keeping mostly historically accurate please!

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Most women in combat at this time were not used in the frontlines. If I recall the largest group of combat women in WWII was with the British. As operators of AA batteries. I'm not against having women in combat roles, I'm against incorrect diversity just to make a company look good(See: The Pepsi Protest commercial.). The vast majority of combat troops were guys during the period, please don't try to rewrite history to make all the feminists happy.

I'm happy with being able to play a female soldier in modern & near/far future games though. Go crazy with it there! It at least makes sense! Or if you want to have a WWII spy game with a lot of female characters sure, it is fitting and a lot more accurate. Hell, even have a few frontline combat women in your WWII game, I'm sure some managed to get into that position! Just keep in reasonable and keeping mostly historically accurate please!

The most prolific sniper of the Second World War was female.

Last edited:

Yukari

To be fair it isn't as if Call of Duty has been terribly accurate with its depiction of World War 2 anyway.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I specifically remember reading a bunch of Facebook comments about keeping "boots on the ground" in WWII. I never played AW or IW, but I'm assuming there were jet packs/hovercrafts of some kind and that annoyed people.

The jump height was insane, and you could run on walls in Black Ops III and Infinite Warfare.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back