• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Bandai Namco Entertainment unveils Code Vein

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• First game since Dark Souls 3, Bandai Namco released a video today to tease their new projects. Thoughts and impressions based on what you've seen and heard so far?

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    Art direction looks fantastic, especially the menacing boss at the end. I'm getting Castlevania/Muramasa-esque sidescroller vibes from this, but it could be a 3D Souls-like game. I doubt it'll be developed by From though. I think they would've advertised that if so.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • More information out now on the game, dubbed Code Vein

Description of the game:
    In the not too distant future, a mysterious disaster has brought collapse to the world, as we know it. Towering skyscrapers, once symbols of prosperity, are now lifeless graves of humanity's past pierced by the Thorns of Judgment. At the centre of the destruction lies a hidden society of Revenants called Vein. This final stronghold is where the remaining few fight to survive, blessed with Gifts of power in exchange for their memories and a thirst for blood. Give into the bloodlust fully and risk becoming one of the Lost, fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity.

Revenants also have access to Blood Veils, devices capable of draining the blood of their enemies in order to enhance their own abilities. Exploiting these enhanced abilities known as Gifts, players can change their form to increase their strength, weaken enemies, and utilise new weapon abilities with overpowered attacks. Utilising the vast array of weaponry along with each character's Gift, players can adapt and strategize to a variety of battle conditions that suit their play styles.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27659/bandai-namco-unveils-code-vein

Can view the link above for screenshots. Coming to "major home consoles" in 2018.

Yukari

I haven't seen very much so I don't have much to say, though. I'm probably going to keep an eye on it for a while, buuuut I'm very disappointed in the art direction when you compare it to the teaser.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    It has my attention. Now just have to wait till next year for its release.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • That made me excited for this title, I'm just hoping it isn't way to difficult for my tastes.

Yeah I don't think the difficulty will be anything like the Souls games. To me, just based on the trailer, it didn't seem as fluid movement wise compared to Dark Souls, which makes me think they won't be as punishing.

Years
  • Another thing I'd love would be if you get to create your own character at the beginning like their God Eater games, but if they don't have it wouldn't deter me from getting the title.

Reactions: Nah

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Another thing I'd love would be if you get to create your own character at the beginning like their God Eater games, but if they don't have it wouldn't deter me from getting the title.
    I'm pretty sure this didn't even need to be mentioned =D

It's meant to be Souls-inspired title from God Eater team, there's NO WAY there wouldn't be character creation as both series have it =)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I'm SO in for this. It looks likes God Eater (of which I'm not a very big fan of, lmao) but also slightly reminds me of Dark Souls.

I need this in my life.

Back