• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tales of series

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    karol and raven are my favorite "son/father" relationship out of all the tales. not that there are many that aren't actual son and father but whatever it's amazing and i love the two for it. generally i like the vesperia family because you can view them as that - a family. you can view every single of them in a non-relationship way 'cause they don't shove any ships on you at all in the game. wanna see yustelle as bro/sis? go for it! see it more as a romantic thing? well that's cool too!

unlike abyss that shoves luke/tear down your throat or -- as mentioned -- jude/milla.

anyways. people don't seem to hate on phantasia because it's the first tales game. or so it seems? eternia haha i never hear anyone talk about it not even my friends who are bigger into the tales of games than me. eternia what's that??? i hear them mention cless and the other phantasia characters more than the eternia characters. but man i have destiny and rebirth on my shelf just waiting to be played but i ...need a jpn ps2 first sigh

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I use to own a copy of the PSX version of Eternia (localized as Destiny 2) I managed to finish it, but it was a rather forgettable experience. Aside from the nice looking sprites, nothing really stood out. I mean, I kinda liked Meredy, but for the most part the characters lack any sort of personality/charm and it didn't help that they cut out all the skits of the localized version.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Eternia rarely gets focus on the mobage games as well. When was the last time i saw a new unit that wasnt reid or meredy i just dont know. I think there was a new farah in link recently??? Idk. I suppose that just says it all honestly.

One day ill play it cause i wish to play all the game one day but its def not at the top of my list.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I enjoy Tales of Vesperia as my favourite - probably one of the few Tales games where I don't hate much, if not any of the characters, haha.

The combat system is easy to get into, as I wish that they'll develop that in future titles! Tales of Phantasia is a good mention too; it's oodles of fun, though a bit heavy on the random RPG encounters. Tales of Symphonia is also always fun to play! I really love the length of the game, and the amount of stuff you can do there. :3

I actually started to really enjoy Berseria - the dub voice work is outstanding and it's quite fun!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • The general consensus on Tales of Graces f seems to be best battle system in the series, and mediocre in every other aspect. Really can't deny that the story, music, and characters, aside from Pascal, (best victory quotes!) didn't do much for me. I did manage to finish the main game, but never got around to play the Lineage and Legacies postgame portion.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know right? Especially if you hit the enemies right and they just spin until they die. Do you remember the Gold Cat glitch on Giganto Monsters?
    I don't remember that glitch. What is it exactly?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I haven't played Graces f yet, but it's in my stash to play. I'll probably get to it over the summer, but part of me wants to hold off on it because I won't have any Tales games left to play then, haha. All the other ones I don't own are either really expensive or not localized/localized badly. Then again, I could get Legendia. It's not expensive and LMAO...I have the guide book. I don't hear great things about it, though.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Then again, I could get Legendia. It's not expensive and LMAO...I have the guide book. I don't hear great things about it, though.

Legendia is a weird one. I don't think it's intrinsically bad, but at times it doesn't even feel like a Tales game, lol. The plot needed some improvement, but I loved what they did with the characters in the epilogue and give them much needed development (albeit too late). The battle system is not very combo-friendly either and feels kinda sluggish. Most praise for the game comes from its OST surprisingly enough. Sakuraba, the usual composer, was absent from this one so Go Shiina (who also worked on Zestiria) took his place.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, if it's not Zestiria bad and since it's not expensive, I'll take a look. I hate that Destiny is so damn expensive since it seems to be a fan favorite. But I guess that's part of the reason, lmfao. Then again, there are shitty games that are expensive, but I digress.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, if it's not Zestiria bad and since it's not expensive, I'll take a look. I hate that Destiny is so damn expensive since it seems to be a fan favorite. But I guess that's part of the reason, lmfao. Then again, there are shitty games that are expensive, but I digress.
    If you're someone who is willing to play games in Japanese I highly recommend you get the Director's Cut of Destiny and play that. It's pretty much the 'canon' Destiny over the original Destiny due to a bunch of changes plus you have Leon's story to play as well. That and the english version of Destiny apparently really sucks and butchers a lot of things. I personally haven't played Destiny yet (I have the Director's Cut I just need a PS2 to play it on) but quoting a friend who is a big fan of Tales and her favorite of all time is Destiny.

Legendia I never finished because I lost interest and then when I tried replaying it my PS2 was crapping out on me. I might try playing it again sometime when I get another PS2 to play it on. The music is gorgeous but the battle system was a step back from Symphonia despite it being after it and while I didn't play too far into it I wasn't especially impressed with what i did play.

I've started Graces F but lmao the fucking wall who everyone that has played Graces will likely know what I'm talking about. I have yet to be in the mood to try to get through that stupid thing sorry Graces.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ughhh if there is a really good guide online, then I might consider it. Is that version of the game hella expensive too? I've also considered doing this for Vesperia PS3, but maybe after some time has passed; I only just played it last summer so now would be a bit too soon to revisit, but then again, if it's more fresh on the mind, that might actually be better, lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sadly there isn't a good one for Destiny at the moment unless you want to attempt using the wiki or something like that. But unlike the English version of Destiny I got the director's cut box (with the soundtrack and everything) for $40 at a convention so it's a lot cheaper for a better version of the game.

Vesperia being more fresh on your mind might work out better haha. I played the ps3 version after beating the xbox version so it was still fresh in my mind and thanks to that i didnt have to constantly be looking at the translation. Only during scenes that are new or different cause of things like Patty or Flynn.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Oh... Tales thread.
    How many of these have we had throughout the years...? =D

What is my view on Tales of Graces f? Kana Hanazawa.

I didn't know that! When I played Graces I didn't know much about seiyus. I can recognize her in many of the series she voices now ^-^

I liked Graces F a tooon. I liked the characters (except for much of Asbel...) and the storyline is interesting. I want to play it again actually, but I have Berseria lined for my next break... So that will have to wait.

Also I want to marry Malik.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've heard mixed opinions (just like with every tales game) about Graces so I guess I'll find out which end I'm on when I get past the stupid wall. I know people who really enjoy it while others who don't like it at all lmao. But first I need motivation ugh I'd rather finish Berseria (which will.. happen eventually IT'S A GREAT TALES GAME BUT TIME) and Xillia 2 than try to get past that wall rn

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I finally started Berseria and I'm loving it ^-^. Really love the cast at first sight.

I have one question. Without giving me any names are spoilers, can you tell me how many party members can join you? I have too much equipment and I want to drop stuff that no one else needs to master. I currently have 6 party members.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I finally started Berseria and I'm loving it ^-^. Really love the cast at first sight.

I have one question. Without giving me any names are spoilers, can you tell me how many party members can join you? I have too much equipment and I want to drop stuff that no one else needs to master. I currently have 6 party members.

Only 6 playable in Berseria. Doesn't sound like much, but Tales' games usually keep it in the 6-8 range so not that big of surprise.

On that note, I still need to finish Berseria. I went through Zestiria right before it's release due to it (Berseria) being a distant prequel, and it kinda just stopped partway through it. It's fun seeing all the connections right off the bat though!

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Tales of series

I've been meaning to get into the series since Tales of Berseria looks really cool. I bought Symphonia HD on a whim and so I never touched it before trading it in. Now I wanna get that game back too lol.

Last edited:
    Back