• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

E3 Special [Part 1/2]

Who is the best?

• Sony

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Nintendo won without a doubt.

They announced a bunch of cool new games including a Core RPG Pokemon title for the Switch (which imo is enough to win E3 alone with), and they made it clear why people should pick up a Switch this year with all the great titles it has lined up. Nintendo used Treehouse to their advantage to dedicate a decent amount of time to each game to showcase and highlight their features and what not. Between that awesome Mario Odyssey trailer and being convinced even moreso to pick up ARMS and Splatoon 2, it's a no brainer for me.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Nintendo won E3. That's the accepted result amongst the Pokemon and FE communities, therefore it must be true.

Also, go back to your computers and TVs other companies thanks.

EDIT: Let me explain ~
    Sony and Microsoft both failed to convince me to buy their new systems, with MSoft's being overpriced as hell and Sony's not actually giving me the titles I want (plus sony is being rude to the other two and not allowing cross-play).
    Nintendo DID convince me that I wanted a Switch.
    Therefore, Nintendo wins

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Nintendo won E3. That's the accepted result amongst the Pokemon and FE communities, therefore it must be true.

Also, go back to your computers and TVs other companies thanks.

EDIT: Let me explain ~
    Sony and Microsoft both failed to convince me to buy their new systems, with MSoft's being overpriced as hell and Sony's not actually giving me the titles I want (plus sony is being rude to the other two and not allowing cross-play).
    Nintendo DID convince me that I wanted a Switch.
    Therefore, Nintendo wins
    You do realize you are buying essentially a mini computer, right? The power underneath justifies the price point - could have been a lot more expensive than what it was tagged as.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • This seems like a bit of a silly question for a Nintendo based community...

I personally think Microsoft won the event.

Open world Metro game

Crackdown 3 release date

New Halo Wars content

These are jut a few of the announcments that have me all giddy! And especially because I've played the most games at the Msoft Booth they're easily my winner.

Now just give me that Metro game so I can never bother with the shitshow Fallout has become again. Chop Chop!

And Crackdown 3 while we're at it.

And the rest of the games I mean might as well.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • You do realize you are buying essentially a mini computer, right? The power underneath justifies the price point - could have been a lot more expensive than what it was tagged as.

The X1X is a mini-computer that can't actually do computer things.

But you are right, so I'll explain myself. The price is very justifiable for what the X1X's hardware can do, but in my view much of that power is just not needed. 4K is great in theory, but you need a 4K TV to reap the benefits, and last time I looked a majority of the population doesn't have those. There were other things of similar vein. However, there are admittedly a LOT of cool features on the X1X, and the graphics do look beastly when paired up with a screen that can match them.

I guess my point with "overpriced" is: I don't have a current gen home console. When I look at the three most recent options (PS4 Pro [I think?], X1X, Switch) when deciding to buy one, of course I'm going to look more at the system with the $300 price tag or the $400 model than the one with the $500 tag. That's just economics. Yes, the X1X is more powerful and all, but at the end of the day, they all play video games. I suppose that's not the correct use of the word overpriced, but I can't think of a better word right now.

Again, this is just my opinion on the matter. Many people value image quality a lot more than a person who is used to gaming on a 3DS and/or a small old laptop. So for them, that extra $100 or $200 might be worth it. It just isn't for me.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • The X1X is a mini-computer that can't actually do computer things.

But you are right, so I'll explain myself. The price is very justifiable for what the X1X's hardware can do, but in my view much of that power is just not needed. 4K is great in theory, but you need a 4K TV to reap the benefits, and last time I looked a majority of the population doesn't have those. There were other things of similar vein. However, there are admittedly a LOT of cool features on the X1X, and the graphics do look beastly when paired up with a screen that can match them.

I guess my point with "overpriced" is: I don't have a current gen home console. When I look at the three most recent options (PS4 Pro [I think?], X1X, Switch) when deciding to buy one, of course I'm going to look more at the system with the $300 price tag or the $400 model than the one with the $500 tag. That's just economics. Yes, the X1X is more powerful and all, but at the end of the day, they all play video games. I suppose that's not the correct use of the word overpriced, but I can't think of a better word right now.

Again, this is just my opinion on the matter. Many people value image quality a lot more than a person who is used to gaming on a 3DS and/or a small old laptop. So for them, that extra $100 or $200 might be worth it. It just isn't for me.

Oh no question about it when you word it like that haha. Even as a "Microsoft fanboy" like myself, I understand that the X1X - is this what we're calling it now? - is in fact a premium product. It's recommended that you have a 4K TV which are expensive on their own, but I read that they will still play at 1080p if you play it on a normal TV. So you still get the power, just downscaled a bit to match your television.

If you're looking for something affordable, I wouldn't recommend the X1X. Exclusives are predominately better on PS than on Xbox - Bloodborne, Knack, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc - so gaming wise PS > X1. However, of you want to wait it out as Phil Spencer has exclusive details lined up but they aren't slated to release anything until 2018/19, I would highly recommend the Xbox One S. I upgraded from the Xbox One to the S when it came out, and I absolutely love it. I can answer any questions you may have about it if you want, and it's precise recently dropped to around $240 if you're looking for an affordable console.

Do what you want (:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The answer is obviously...
    Square Enix
    Nah, it's EA
    Really though, nintendo was the best imo. I've always been a nintendo fan, and also Xenoblade 2 :)

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Not sure if that's a reason to vote.......:thonk:

Regarding asking a Nintendo-based community: from what I can see the answers here do not imply that people are just screaming NINTENDO BIAS(tm) because of that. To be fair, Nintendo smashed it out of the park this year, with Sony/Microsoft putting on great shows. However...Nintendo's announcements I think just came out on top. Core Pok?mon game on the console?! Finally ditching the DS? POKEMON ON OUR TV?! Metroid being picked back up?! For me those two announcements alone were reason why Nintendo aced this year's E3.

However I really like what MSoft are doing with backwards compatability, I think that is a really smart move on their part and the new console DOES look pretty good.
    You saying something nice about Microsoft? What sort of parallel universe am I living in?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • It's easy to say nice stuff about Microsoft. For example they are pushing to make cross-play the norm, while Sony would rather stay in the past. And their renewed support for PC gaming is fantastic (It sucks that all the hardcore xBox fanboys are pushing them back to having console exclusives though. I don't understand what that gains anyone...)

I also got to sit in a closed door showing of the XBX and can say it is pretty nice. Especially with those giant speakers they had!

Years
  • Believe me I've had so many great memories with Microsoft and Xbox, but for me Nintendo is just the greatest all of time, it made my childhood special and to this day still has a big and special place in my life.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • It's easy to say nice stuff about Microsoft. For example they are pushing to make cross-play the norm, while Sony would rather stay in the past. And their renewed support for PC gaming is fantastic (It sucks that all the hardcore xBox fanboys are pushing them back to having console exclusives though. I don't understand what that gains anyone...)

I also got to sit in a closed door showing of the XBX and can say it is pretty nice. Especially with those giant speakers they had!
    Honestly, I think people argue about exclusives mainly because it creates competition and competition is always a good thing. There's no question that the current generation for the Xbox brand is superb for games released on multiple consoles, but there's also no question that Sony blows the doors off of Microsoft in terms of the quantity and quality of exclusive games. I think Xbox fanboys just want more exclusives so their gaming counterparts can stop shit talking on them constantly. But eh, there's pros and cons about that.
    Believe me I've had so many great memories with Microsoft and Xbox, but for me Nintendo is just the greatest all of time, it made my childhood special and to this day still has a big and special place in my life.
    My big thing with Nintendo is that I badly want them to gain traction with 3rd party IPs. They've done a good job so far with the Switch and Microsoft's and Nintendo's recent agreement on cross-platform gaming will be huge in bringing in developers, but that's a big step that Ninty needs to take if they want to sell their consoles for more than just their first party games.

Vragon

Microsoft and Xbox:
    While yes the word exclusive got annoying it did showcase some cool games. Along with that the backwards compatibility they announced was really interesting. While I know it isn't just working backgrounds and merely re-creating old games, Xbox has a wide selection of games to create and can really boost their new consoles sales. Course, I'm not going to pretend that their performance didn't get a bit dragged due to how lengthy it was, but I think we all can agree that Anthem looks amazing.

Sony:
    The first part was artistic I will say, but it only really lead into their announcement of Origins for Assasines Creed. Xbox had already done it earlier, so Xbox had the "in the dark" advantage. Along with that, they didn't really showcase to many interesting games for the VR Final Fantasy Fishing you SUCK!. It got to the point where people were just waiting for it to move onto the next and were getting tired of seeing trailers for VR. Final Fanatasy Fishing got no press claps AND FOR GOOD REASON! They couldn't budget much off the whole Anthem thing with Xbox already doing it so out of the three I can say this one's the last place. Maybe not at E3 as a whole but definitely compared to these two.

Nintendo:
    Technically their announcements started yesterday with the Rabbids thing and it was cool to see some in a way such a crossover tactics game. Xenoblade 2 was good, though not everyone is a fan of the new art style. From there we got announcements for future titles (Kirby, Pokémon RPG, Metroid Prime 4). I liked the bomb they dropped for the whole RPG since it was after Pokken (And while I like pokken, everyone else apparently doesn't). They then put Yoshi right after the Metroid bit, which I kinda saw as a bad placement. Sure it looked good, but everyone was still catching their breathe from Metroid. The latter stuff was more of filler time with old news, but that ending though with odyssey really built up its hype. Course, they announced stuff in the playing time at E3, but I personally think they should have shown them first before playing them. (Metroid 2 remaster specifically).

All in all, after thinking about it, I would give this to either Microsoft or Nintendo. I'll say Nintendo has the better chance to be number 1, though I could just be biased. For Nintendo, their directive is to keep sales up for the 3ds and really boom with the Switch. I did see how spoiled a lot of people were back in the former direct when they showed Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, and that could have indirectly hurt their performance. While Microsoft didn't have as many "Woah" Titles I can say they did really good in their other things. Showcasing dance 2018 was done well and they announced some cool features. While the price is still high, that's been nothing new for Xbox.

Back