• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What has been the biggest videogame disappointment of 2017?

Years
  • I know I also said this was the best thing in the other thread, but it's honestly a little mixed (to be clear, I still love it more than I hate it) - while I love the Switch I am a little disappointed with the selection of games currently available on it. I realize it's still a pretty new console, but I couldn't help being like "oh, that's it?" when I looked through the store. Even the upcoming games don't really excite me that much, but the good news is BotW alone is really worth it imo, but I am still really hoping they will announce and bring more exciting new games to the Switch. I think it's such a great console, and the current selection of games, save for a few, just don't really match up to it imo.

As mentioned, new consoles don't always launch with the best lineup of games but I'm sure 2018 will bring more awesome stuff to the Switch. Especially with the announcement of a Pokemon game currently in development, and also the possibility of a new Super Smash Bros. game as well.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have an Xbox One and whilst the only PS4 exclusive I am annoyed on missing out on is the Crash remake but I'm fine with playing Shantae.

However I only got the Xbox One last year last year and the news I will have to get a 4k TV if I want to upgrade again. Many people are not rolling in money.

Maybe I'll end up getting a Switch after all in a year or so.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    As mentioned, new consoles don't always launch with the best lineup of games but I'm sure 2018 will bring more awesome stuff to the Switch. Especially with the announcement of a Pokemon game currently in development, and also the possibility of a new Super Smash Bros. game as well.
    I'm definitely excited for the Switch Pokémon title, whenever that may be - I also really hope Animal Crossing will come to the console, we're long overdue for a new AC game!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I haven't played a 2017 game that I didn't like yet. I've been focusing on getting older titles before they get too hard to find, so I've only gotten a few new games this year, and all of them were pretty good.

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • Tempted to say ME:A but honestly I think that's only because I'm holding it up to the standards of the original trilogy. On its own, it's a perfectly serviceable game, and if the devs had no precedence of gaming brilliance I'd probably think it's a real good sign of things to come from them. I mean, the game's got issues with facial animations and it's painfully apparent that the devs were still working out the kinks of Frostbite; despite all that, it was still very much an enjoyable game, at least for me.

At this point I'd probably say Friday the 13th. It's buggy as hell and has none of ME:A's redeeming factors.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • For me, the biggest disappointment of gaming in 2017 is the fact that Nintendo Switch is too expensive for me atm. I think it might be tad bit easier to get if it's affordable enough just like how I got my 3DS XL or even the 'New' variant years ago, so I hope Switch's price will be cheaper soon if possible.

Back