• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gamer's Lament: What has been your most regretted VG purchases of 2017?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Ever bought a game or DLC that you absolutely regretted buying after playing it for a bit? What has been your most regretted video game purchase of 2017? What about of all time?

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I already regret purchasing Albion to play with my friends. It looks nice and all but it's really not my style of game, and its damn expensive

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    What kind of game is it? Personally never heard of it before.

Runescape like MMO from what I've seen. You gather ressources and raid dungeons. I hate grinding and I hate MMOs lmao, but friends convinced me because you apparently can get a farm, and that reminded me of what I used to do in Minecraft lol

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Probably Super Bomberman R for the Nintendo Switch. Just wasn't what I was expecting.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Another World. I'm sure it's a decent game, but I'm not really a platformer kinda person... I got it for 2$ though so no worries xD

Years
  • None this year, but a while back I bought Sonic Heroes for PS2 before I knew that the PS2 version was the worst version of the game because of framerate/aliasing issues. I later bought the superior version for Gamecube, so it's all good.

Guest123_x1

I didn't do much as far as major game purchases this year, but Pok?mon Moon is one purchase I beginning to regret the most. Most of the changes to the gameplay and the over-emphasis on story have left a sour taste in my mouth (no pun intended), and I haven't even gotten to the first Island Trial as of yet! I keep thinking about trading in my copy, but can't seem to gather the will to do so.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I already regret purchasing Albion to play with my friends. It looks nice and all but it's really not my style of game, and its damn expensive
    Pretty sure you don't regret it anymore after playing for a few hours. ;)

As for me, Pok?mon Sun has been my biggest disappointment of the last 5 years. The above post resumes quite well how I feel about the game.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Pretty sure you don't regret it anymore after playing for a few hours. ;)

As for me, Pok?mon Sun has been my biggest disappointment of the last 5 years. The above post resumes quite well how I feel about the game.

Yeah it's okay but I still don't have my farm :|

I agree Pok?mon Sun/Moon were disappointing, just like a really beautiful cake that doesn't taste that good.

pkmin3033

This year, either Nioh or Persona 5. Sometimes madness grips me. It definitely did when I bought those two abominations. Although on a comparative scale Mass Effect Andromeda was far more disappointing than both of them combined, because I had far higher expectations and the reality turned out to be as pleasant as a Krogan's quads.

The Crash Bandicoot trilogy was a headache I could have done without, too. It was like someone dropped a nuclear bomb on memory lane...and filled it with rickety bridges, annoying motorcycle segments, and rounded edges that slide off things. And lots and lots of unfair jumps.

Of all time, though? Persona 4 Golden. I'm still disgusted with myself for giving in and buying it because of how desperate I was for a game on my Vita.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I remember in February of 2017, I got a new 2DS with the Mario Kart 7 in it, then I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon of Darkness for regular DS I think it's called, and I later bought Fantasy Life for 3DS too. The headphone jack on the 2DS got quickly busted so i'm a little disappointed. Not a regret since it's so much better than my original 3DS. I'm fine.

I'm surprised people didn't like Pokemon Sun/Moon as much here. If anyone wants to give up their copy to me....no big deal if you can't. No pressure. I'm sure I can score my bf's copy of Sun or Moon (he has both), but I don't know how i'll do it lol.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • Civ VI without a doubt. Civ V wasn't fantastic without DLC, and Civ VI isn't even as good as that. Perhaps it will improve with more patches and DLC like Civ V did, but it is a looooooooooong way behind.

Years
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
    What a joke of a game, to be honest. I was so disappointed when I got my hands on this, I was expecting great things from it, only to come to the realisation it was actually a massive flop.

u wot m8
    MGSV:TPP was easily my favorite game of 2015 :o Have you played any other MGS games before The Phantom Pain?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Civilisation VI
    Yeah this is massive Civ V nostalgia talking, but I just really feel that Civ took a step backwards between the two games, basically.

Interesting. I love the Civilization series as well - III is my favorite - but haven't had a chance to try out Civ VI. Why do you say it was a step backwards?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm honestly shocked at a ton of these... I liked most of the games people are complaining about lol. Although I have very low standards tbf :p

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • I didn't do much as far as major game purchases this year, but Pokémon Moon is one purchase I beginning to regret the most. Most of the changes to the gameplay and the over-emphasis on story have left a sour taste in my mouth (no pun intended), and I haven't even gotten to the first Island Trial as of yet! I keep thinking about trading in my copy, but can't seem to gather the will to do so.

I personally agree with this. I bogged through the first two trials, got a bit farther into it, and then forgot to save. My younger brother (as younger brothers do), turned off my 3DS, and I just lost interest after that. I didn't even lose that much progress, and I didn't feel the same drive behind me as I did when I played my first Pokémon game, White. Maybe it's for more personal reasons, but I just.. don't think Sun ever lived up to the hype.

Years
  • While I can't say I fully regret it, but buying PUBG was meh for me. It's not fun solo but playing with friends is extremely hard when all your friends are just as bad as the game as you are against fully geeked PUBG teams. One of the things all those highlight channels on youtube don't show you is 10+ minutes of absolute nothing until you randomly get shot and just die, and if you are unlucky it can just happen over and over again.

Theoretically I could make all the money I spent on PUBG back by selling crates, but playing with friends barely gives any BP, and on top of that my steam market listings are delayed for some reason.

Last edited:
    Back