• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Stardew Valley Switch release

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Interesting.....very scared considering it's a port but hey maybe some cool exclusives or something will get added. Views?

What are you scared about? This has gone through rigorous testing, hence the delay from the Summer.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this version supposed to have a co-op mode or something? Something that's exclusive to the Switch which will carry over to other versions?

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, this has been all the rage on the Switch subreddit. It's relatively inexpensive, and I'm a big fan of the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games so I think I'll end up buying it. I've been avoiding it up until now since I hear it's quite the time consumer, but playing it on the go is to good to pass up.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If anyone has a Switch but hasn't played Stardew Valley yet, I highly recommend it! I doubt I'll get this myself because I already have Stardew on Steam. I don't think co-op will be exclusive to the Switch when it comes out, but even if it is, I'll pass - I put in a good 200+ hours into it and unless they add some major update, I think I've done all there is to offer in the game, but I really had a lot of fun with it.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this version supposed to have a co-op mode or something? Something that's exclusive to the Switch which will carry over to other versions?

That's coming in 2018. I'm not sure if it will be a Switch timed exclusive thing anymore though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Switch was reportedly getting multiplayer first, and maybe other stuff too. Haven't look that much into it.

Am curious seeing I've heard good things about it. RN don't have the time and also have a backlog to work on when I do gain more time anyway. Ah well. Will keep an eye on it.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • I second Juno's statement, if you've not played this game yet, I highly recommend it. This is doubly so if you like Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons and/or slice of life games with a bit of fantasy tossed in for good measure.

I don't have a Switch yet, but when I do, I will very likely get the game. I already have the Xbone version, but being able to play co-op with my bf is too tempting to pass up. Plus, you can't really beat that price!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I'd like to see some additional content added to the game. To be frank, the game gets pretty old after you get through the first year. If they added more seasonal events - or even cool quests, not just 'give x item to x person' - I'd be down for taking another look at this game.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    This game has already consumed my life. Whenever I'm not playing it I'm thinking about when I'm going to play it next. So good.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I won't buy it since I already own it on my computer, which I should play it again! But honestly I am tempted to get it in a portable version... We'll see, maybe one day.

Back