• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you buy to play or do you buy to increase your collection?

Years
    • Seen today
    I always buy, but sometimes play stuff once and never go back. It's turned into a collection of it's own, but that's never what I have in mind while buying.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Basically the same as ZeoStar - I never buy games with the intention of increasing my collection (in fact, a library full of unplayed games is kind of shameful to me :P), it just kinda happens when I don't have time to play everything.

Another thing is there was a time when I was super into buying bundles from Humble Bundle - they would throw together a bunch of games for as low as a dollar, and I would just keep buying them even if I was only interested in a game or two in the bundle, and over time those just accumulated.

I know my collection isn't really that crazy compared to some people, but I still felt like I needed to control myself so I stopped buying those bundles unless there was something I really, really liked, lol.

TY

Always buy something to play, im not gonna add games I will never touch in my life :P

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Both really. I kinda wanna own a ton of games, but I don't buy games I would never play.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I do both really. I'll buy the game's original version to play, but if I really like it then I'll grab up subsequent copies and the remakes/remasters just to fill out my collection

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Uh, ooh, hmm. It seems during the PS4/XBOX One era there have been instances where I have bought games just to have them, (for instance, all four Dead Rising games on the XBOX One), but 95% of the time I buy games to play them.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I always buy games with the intention to play them, and I like to buy the physical copy both because it's nice to walk out of the store with a case and to have said case in a collection.

The only collection worth anything is a physical one, imo.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i buy to play. i don't buy a game just for it to sit around..although sometimes that has happened.

Back