• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Regrets, I've had a few

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Are there any games you regret playing or buying? Doesn't necessarily have to be a bad game, but you could also talk about games you regret sinking too much time into or investing too much in.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    To keep it brief, I'll just list games from the XBOX One/PS4/Switch era...

Killzone: Shadow Fall
    Metro: Redux
    Star Wars: Battlefront (the first one, of course, not the second)
    State Of Decay: Year One Survival Edition
    Steep
    Watch Dogs 2
    Fallout 4
    Super Bomberman R

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • King of my list;

Halo 5. Talk about a total stab in the back to the franchise. And us fans who've been with the series since Numbre Uno. But hey, all that matters now-a-days is the ten million mile an hour twitch-shooter crowd. Oh and don't forget the eSports crew, they're more important than the core fans too!

I'll add more later/after work. Maybe.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't really regret buying too many games... A few platformers maybe, and maybe life is strange... but they weren't terrible purchases.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I don't really regret buying too many games... A few platformers maybe, and maybe life is strange... but they weren't terrible purchases.
    Why did you regret Life is Strange? This is personally a game I find kind of overrated, but most people I talk to really, really liked it so it's interesting to see if someone else has the same opinion as me. :)

Years
  • I kind of regret buying Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. The story, although it's a lot of people's favorite part of the game, just wasn't doing it for me. Like most of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, not a lot made much sense to me lol. The gameplay was very PSP-esque, which isn't a bad thing (since it was originally a PSP game), but it wasn't super fun after a while.

Another game I regret purchasing is Fallout 4. After Skyrim, there haven't been a lot of Bethesda games that I've enjoyed as much :P I paid full price for it because of all the hype at the time, and while I enjoyed the game for a few weeks, I just wasn't having as much fun as I expected I would have. I wonder if me never having played another Fallout game affected my enjoyment of the game lol.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I wonder if me never having played another Fallout game affected my enjoyment of the game lol.

Don't worry, it didn't. Bethesda isn't great at making Fallout games, and FO4 is on their worst game ever list for sure!

Try New Vegas, or wait for F4NV!

Years
    • Seen today
    Grand Theft Auto 5

I spent hours getting the collectibles attempting to get 100%. By the time I reached about 95%, I completely became burnt out from playing, and I still can't bring myself to go back. So all that time spent was pretty much for nothing.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Skyrim- played it once and never touched it again (thankfully I got it cheap with a gift card)

fire emblem fates- i realized strategy games weren't for me

Enter the Gungeon - so far i haven't played it because it hurts my hands, but maybe ill get into it in the future

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Why did you regret Life is Strange? This is personally a game I find kind of overrated, but most people I talk to really, really liked it so it's interesting to see if someone else has the same opinion as me. :)

Found it a little bit hard to get into. I'm sure I just haven't gotten to the good part yet. But I got all 5 episodes for $20 so it was a pretty good deal.

TY

Idek why I bought it, but I never enjoyed it

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    The first Gravity Rush. It was a fun game, but the loading times took so long that it took away my enjoyment. Ended up selling it a few weeks later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2020
    I've had a few regrets of my own here.

One of my biggest regrets is snagging Sonic Riders. I'm perfectly aware the game has a lot of fans who will defend it, but unfortunately, I'm not one of them. In fact, I'm probably one of those people they'd defend the game from.

In fact, I consider it one of the worst games I had the misfortune of playing. And there's one reasons for that; the controls. I never got used to the controls no matter how hard I tried. All I got used to was slamming into walls and losing constantly. It didn't help that the levels and mechanics didn't feel like they were designed with this control scheme in mind. And sadly, the game's later stages are brutal in its difficulty even on the easiest difficulty; you made one mistake, maybe two or three if the game was feeling generous, and you pretty much lost the race. I know this, because I actually tried to see if I could lower the difficulty, and sadly, it was already as low as it could be.

In the off-chance I did win a race, I never felt like I won because of my own skill. I won because I got lucky. I'm not the most competitive sort, but honestly, if I have to win just to get to the next level, I'd really appreciate it if I didn't have to get lucky just to get to the next stage. And I'd appreciate it if my satisfication didn't amount to "thank goodness it's finally over!"

What makes it worse for me was that it had a lot going for it; the graphics were really good for the PS2, the story wasn't bad, heck, I even welcomed the Babylon Rogues with open arms. But the gameplay ruined the whole package for me, which is a shame, for that is one of the most important aspects of any game.

Wow, did I vent. But here's another regret: backing Mighty No. 9. I only backed $5 to the game, but I couldn't give much more then. But that turned out to be $5 more than the game deserved. I wish I never backed the game, and to this day, I have yet to back another Kickstarter.

And going back on Sonic; the 3DS version of Sonic Lost World. Now, let me make it clear; I enjoyed the Wii U version, warts and all. I enjoyed the 3DS version of Sonic Generations. But this version of Lost World dropped the ball hard. Basically, it takes the Wii U version's flaws and expands on them to unforgiveable levels. It practically made the game unplayable to me. A shame, since the first world actually is a good start, but the second world in, there's a huge difficulty spike.

I'm sure there's more here, but those are what popped into my mind.

Last edited:

Yukari

Another game I regret purchasing is Fallout 4. After Skyrim, there haven't been a lot of Bethesda games that I've enjoyed as much :P I paid full price for it because of all the hype at the time, and while I enjoyed the game for a few weeks, I just wasn't having as much fun as I expected I would have. I wonder if me never having played another Fallout game affected my enjoyment of the game lol.
    To be honesty if you had played other Fallout games you probably would have ended up enjoying it less. The game feels anemic compared to the other Fallout games just because of how much they streamlined the game to make it appeal to a more mainstream audience.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Hm, I'm sure I regret quite a few but the only thing that sticks out is Starfox Zero. Played it for about 30 minutes before giving up. The controls were awful. I was so excited for a new Starfox game, too.

Years
  • I regret buying The Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-traction. I thought this was going to be a fun adventure game but it turned out to be an arena fighting game and I don't like playing games that only have fighting in it. I learned my lesson and now whenever I see a game that looks interesting, I look online first to see what kind of game it is rather than just looking at the back of the box I would see in a store.

Years
  • I legitimitely forgot that I owned The Witcher 3 until I opened this thread up. I only played it for a few hours, before I decided that I just wasn't all that interested in it. It's a shame too, since my friend talked me into buying the Game of the Year edition which came with all the expansion packs and DLC, too.

And while it isn't a game, for the longest time I regretted buying my PS Vita. As it is, I still barely use it, but it must've sat in the desk for almost 2 years before I really did anything with it, and even now I just basically use it as an emulator.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I to this day regret backing Mighty No 9, especially considering how much I contributed. I received a ton of rewards, sure, but if the game at the core of it is mediocre at best, they aren't worth it.

At least I could quite righteously blast this game on Twitter when it came out, that at least gave me some enjoyment.

Back